Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

An antidote to the "blame the west" phenomenon

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

An antidote to the "blame the west" phenomenon

Unread postby ennui2 » Thu 10 Sep 2015, 14:44:43

I don't like sensationalistic press like truth-out, but this article is spot on.

Those whose agenda here seems to be to bash the West seem to ignore the sins of some of their favorites, like China.

http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/3147 ... apocalypse
"If the oil price crosses above the Etp maximum oil price curve within the next month, I will leave the forum." --SumYunGai (9/21/2016)
ennui2
Permanently Banned

Re: An antidote to the "blame the west" phenomenon

Unread postby Apneaman » Thu 10 Sep 2015, 15:48:59

sensationalistic press?

You mean there is another kind?

I find the "deflect the blame" phenomenon even more interesting. You can prescribe it all day long but it cannot cure recent history. Might be helpful for those feeling some guilt - those protesting too much. Those who feel injured when their tribal security blanket identity story is criticized. The west is very guilty - deal with it - accept it and get over it. I think that anyone feeling loyalty to something as vague as "the west" is telling of the power of propaganda to manipulate inherent ape tribalism. The west - 2500 years old spanning continents, with dozens of languages and around a billion people in it currently. Yes we're just all one big happy family all looking out for eachother.
Apneaman
Permanently Banned

Unread postby americandream » Thu 10 Sep 2015, 16:09:40

ennui2 wrote:I don't like sensationalistic press like truth-out, but this article is spot on.

Those whose agenda here seems to be to bash the West seem to ignore the sins of some of their favorites, like China.

http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/3147 ... apocalypse

Aaah. Its interesting watching the forager trying to squirm out of his responsibility and continue with the third world and Russia blame game

1 China by and large is a big assembly workshop for Walmart with a a corrupt class of local managers. Its not like the world is awash with Chinallollywood movies or Chinese tourists and backpackers.

2 The West forced the world into its image....well....sort of in a sweat shoppy commodity wife sort of way...and that includes commodity wife Japan as well....have you old doffers forgotten the Cold War so quickly? Man....memories are short.

3 It kinda should be obvious that the 20% consumingt the 80% will be shitting this planet with pollution....seems kinda obvious ta me.

Finally, why didnt my forum item make the front page!!!!!!!

Sacredness dancers. Hahahahahahahahaha.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby GregT » Thu 10 Sep 2015, 17:41:14

ennui2 wrote:Those whose agenda here seems to be to bash the West seem to ignore the sins of some of their favorites, like China.

Most of those whose agenda's here 'seems to be to bash the west', are westerners. In case you haven't noticed. It's called honesty, and if a person cannot be honest with himself, he cannot be honest with others. Of course this will probably be labelled as a tinfoil hat conspiracy theory, as most honest observations these days seem to be.
GregT
Coal
Coal

Unread postby Oneaboveall » Thu 10 Sep 2015, 19:30:40

ennui2 wrote:Those whose agenda here seems to be to bash the West seem to ignore the sins of some of their favorites

Mos, you have to realize that it's only evil when the West (meaning white people) do it.
When the banksters want something, our policymakers move with the speed of Mercury and the determination of Ares. It’s only when the rest of us need something that there is paralysis.

How free are we today with the dominance of globalist capital and militarized security apparatus?
Oneaboveall
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Apneaman » Thu 10 Sep 2015, 19:56:43

In the video below are the people who really blame the west. As Greg pointed out most everyone doing it around here is a western born and raised person. I was always told growing up that you were supposed to be critical and speak out when you see an injustice. Must be a western concept eh?

After watching this, I just had a hard time imagining there is going to be any peaceful solution to this crisis. These people are under a great deal of pressure and when the locals see this they too immediately feel pressure and are fearful. Apes do crazy things when under pressure - even the calmest among us. The west does bear a good portion of the responsibility for this, but I will not pretend to have any answers as to what to do about it. I have a pretty good idea of how I would feel if this was my town and it was full of angry hostile refugees. If TPTB don't put the lid on this quick it will blow up and could even topple them.

Muslim refugees chant 'Fuck You' and ' Allahu Akbar' in Budapest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=1&v=tl16QDk2sig
Apneaman
Permanently Banned

Unread postby dissident » Thu 10 Sep 2015, 21:00:41

What is revolting is that "the west" is spazzing 24/7 about a refugee influx several times smaller than the over one million refugees in Russia from Ukraine. You basically hear nothing about those refugees. The EU has a much bigger GDP and capacity to accommodate a couple hundred thousand refugees than Russia.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-24583286

350,000 refugees total Jan-Aug, 2015. Poor little EU, so badly inconvenienced:

http://www.sott.net/article/301492-Psyc ... achine-gun

dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby americandream » Thu 10 Sep 2015, 21:02:22

Oneaboveall wrote:
ennui2 wrote:Those whose agenda here seems to be to bash the West seem to ignore the sins of some of their favorites

Mos, you have to realize that it's only evil when the West (meaning white people) do it.

Look at my post below and for once stop whining on about your whiteness knowing as you do what your country did to forment extremist Islam in countries bordering the former USSR.

Take the criticism like aman and for fcuks sakes at least try and see the other side and not gaze at the bloody skin colour of yours so intently.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby americandream » Thu 10 Sep 2015, 21:02:58

Lets take stock

1 A planet starting to creak under a system that is synonymous with America and its cultural associates, the other Western states.

2 A system that is gradually being spread under force, corrupt clients and other mechanisms to other ethnic corners of this globe with the effect that it will straddle this whole planet by the end of this decade.

2 Oceans, skies and lands that now show the effects of this system from its early regionalism in the ethnic West. The other ethnicities have not as yet fully immersed with the ethnic West which sees itself as basically being of another species from its fellow humanity and has jealously guarded its privilege thus far. Thus the fun has yet to start as the raison d'êtr for globalisation becomes more pressing with the passing of each day and Western capitalists are forced to swallow their pride (At best, what we have at present are shadow versions of the Western economy in say for example East Asia where the inhabitants are deflation engines for the global economy in terms of their pay scale and productivity, with the women largely reduced to commodity wife status)

3 The former collectivised world now reduced to a shadow of its former self and racked with corruption as it embraces a bastardised version of Western consumerism. Hey...a billion or two into the polluting hat.... well, at least they are free to commit planet wide suicide with us in the West.

4 And finally...the jewel in the Crown...that old nugget. Blame the victim...over population even whilst all his progressive efforts are rendered to nought by endless invasion and he is bombed back to the Dark Ages

If anyone cannot see the culprit here, I suggest that you have psychopathic tendencies and need help.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Apneaman » Thu 10 Sep 2015, 21:16:27

European Refugee Crisis - The Anatomy of a Coverup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=240&v=CeE4Ux4t9Vw
Apneaman
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Oneaboveall » Thu 10 Sep 2015, 21:42:06

americandream wrote:
Take the criticism like aman and for fcuks sakes at least try and see the other side and not gaze at the bloody skin colour of yours so intently.

I'm very aware of Cowboy Ronnie's funding of the Mujaheddin, The Contras, Jonas Savimbi, etc... I was also six years old when the Soviet's invaded Afghanistan, not in much of a position to object to the US arming of Muslim extremists.

The thing is I can take criticism, but as much I hate the right, I can't help notice that the left also gives a pass to one group for certain behaviors while condemning others. Can I get a little consistency?
When the banksters want something, our policymakers move with the speed of Mercury and the determination of Ares. It’s only when the rest of us need something that there is paralysis.

How free are we today with the dominance of globalist capital and militarized security apparatus?
Oneaboveall
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby americandream » Thu 10 Sep 2015, 21:48:48

It is really hard trying to put the other side to people who keep running being their tribal shields of race and colour in the haste to invokeir their denial.

But the Islamic extremism we have today, the refugee crisis the pollution, the planet under stress and all the rest are directly attributable to bad habits which if they are not changed, will keep taking us on this road.

And to blame jonny come lately Walmart assembly workshop, China, or beleaguered Russia which resides on the edge of this Cold War Islamic legacy whilst thundering ominously at these refugees on your doorstep, as if it is someone else fault, is inadmissable.

It is time for us all to collectively and logically look at workeable alternatives...those of us with enough of a brain to know right from wrong and not fcukking obsessed with how white we are.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby americandream » Thu 10 Sep 2015, 21:57:27

Oneaboveall wrote:
americandream wrote:

I'm very aware of Cowboy Ronnie's funding of the Mujaheddin, The Contras, Jonas Savimbi, etc... I was also six years old when the Soviet's invaded Afghanistan, not in much of a position to object to the US arming of Muslim extremists.

The thing is I can take criticism, but as much I hate the right, I can't help notice that the left also gives a pass to one group for certain behaviors while condemning others. Can I get a little consistency?

I wasnt around when the Jews were being murdered by Hitler and yet I have an opinion on that episode so age is a cop out. It seems the trendy thing to do these days but it is still bollix

In addition, those of us on the communist left, young and old, give no pass to Islam....not now and not back in the Cold War days when the whinging right were feeding and funding them...personally I dont care a toss about Islam, bunch of dumb wankers with a hard on for the Bronze Age. But the right created the monster and its their baby. I just cant stand the endless whining now that Reagans freedom fighters want to move next door.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Keith_McClary » Sun 13 Sep 2015, 00:52:09

ennui2 wrote:Those whose agenda here seems to be to bash the West seem to ignore the sins of some of their favorites, like China.

The Western media and politicians do a good job of bashing the sins of China and Russia, but ignore the sins of their their favorites, countries like Saudi, Israel, Guatamala, etc.
Facebook knows you're a dog.
Keith_McClary
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Sun 13 Sep 2015, 11:20:05

I had to look up that Ukranian thing.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukrainians_in_Russia

2014-15 Exodus from Ukraine Edit
In the wake of the Ukrainian crisis millions of Ukrainian migrants 4-12 million (three million of which are legal) began crossing the border of Ukraine into Russia, this has been called by the media the Eurasian Migrant Crisis the these people came through Crimea and across an unmarked border. While several Russian politicians have talked about stopping the immigrant crisis. Nothing has been done. Economically Russian farmers are benifiting because the Ukrainians will work hard for low wages. this has given a significant boost to Russian agriculture and increased the population of rural areas by around 5 million. Experts say European Russia has filled up and Siberia is near capacity, which means Russia will be only able to handle two million more migrants before the problem becomes serious. But it may have allready become serious, such as in the city of Volgograd where a district of tents appeared, it has since disspaered due to migrants moving to other areas such as Tambov Oblast, Pskov Oblast, Vorkuta and Karelia. Government initiatives that would help refugees included building 100 villages in each oblast in several oblasts. The Ukrainian state decided to build a wall on the border with Russia, one of the major reasons was to prevent an exodus of people. The average age for a Ukrainian migrant in Russia is around 20.[11] [12] [13]
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Return to Open Topic Discussion