Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

'Breaking Bad' the Saudi Arabian Way

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

'Breaking Bad' the Saudi Arabian Way

Unread postby vox_mundi » Mon 26 Oct 2015, 13:51:59

Saudi Royal Detained After 2 Tons of Drugs Found on Private Jet

A member of the Saudi royal family and four others were detained after authorities discovered two tons of drugs on a private jet in Beirut on Monday, according to Lebanon’s state-run news agency and a government official.

The National News Agency said smugglers were attempting to transport the “huge quantity” of Captagon pills — 40 bags worth — to the Saudi capital of Riyadh.

Col. Joseph Musalem, a spokesman for Lebanon's ministry of the interior, said that a member of the Saudi royal family was among those detained. Musalem added that investigators were working to determine whether or not he was involved in the alleged smuggling.

Fenethylline is a chemical linkage of amphetamine and theophylline which behaves as a prodrug to both of the aforementioned drugs. It is marketed for use as a psychostimulant under the brand names Captagon, Biocapton, and Fitton
“There are three classes of people: those who see. Those who see when they are shown. Those who do not see.” ― Leonardo da Vinci

Insensible before the wave so soon released by callous fate. Affected most, they understand the least, and understanding, when it comes, invariably arrives too late.
vox_mundi
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Re: 'Breaking Bad' the Saudi Arabian Way

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 26 Oct 2015, 14:00:47

Pervert-Saudi-prince-ordered-entire-staff-strip-naked-Beverly-Hills-mansion-s-pool-said-want-naked-p-court-papers-claim

The Saudi Prince later explained that he felt like seeing some people get naked.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby vox_mundi » Mon 26 Oct 2015, 15:22:29

pstarr wrote:Have some pity. The Saudi's are going broke at $40 oil

All their new wells are offshore.

He's probably just doing it for the kids ...

He needs help, not punishment ...

Wealth therapy tackles woes of the rich: 'It’s really isolating to have lots of money'
It’s tough at the top. As one psychological counselor to the 1% says: ‘I am not necessarily comparing it to what people of color have to go through, but …’
“There are three classes of people: those who see. Those who see when they are shown. Those who do not see.” ― Leonardo da Vinci

Insensible before the wave so soon released by callous fate. Affected most, they understand the least, and understanding, when it comes, invariably arrives too late.
vox_mundi
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby vox_mundi » Mon 26 Oct 2015, 16:27:23

pstarr wrote:Actually Vox I wouldn't be so snotty if I were you. Your life depends on SA oil.

Not as much as you would think.

On the other hand, I betcha the Saudi princes' life depended on him delivering that shipment of amphetamine. Drug trafficking is a capital offense in Saudi Arabia, punishable by beheading. He's between a rock and a hard place.

The Shariah executioner or 'Gus' the Box-cutter Man because I know one of them is 'VERY DISAPPOINTED'

vox_mundi
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby dolanbaker » Mon 26 Oct 2015, 17:33:26

vox_mundi wrote:
pstarr wrote:Actually Vox I wouldn't be so snotty if I were you. Your life depends on SA oil.

Not as much as you would think.

On the other hand, I betcha the Saudi princes' life depended on him delivering that shipment of amphetamine. Drug trafficking is a capital offense in Saudi Arabia, punishable by beheading. He's between a rock and a hard place.

The Shariah executioner or 'Gus' the Box-cutter Man because I know one of them is 'VERY DISAPPOINTED'

I wouldn't be concerned about him losing his head, if you have the right connections in SA then the law does not apply!
He was arrested in Lebanon so wouldn't be subject to Saudi law anyway. He'll most likely pull the "Royal" card and quietly disappear.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.:Anonymous
Our whole economy is based on planned obsolescence.
Hungrymoggy "I am now predicting that Europe will NUKE ITSELF sometime in the first week of January"
dolanbaker
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Keith_McClary » Wed 28 Oct 2015, 01:31:41

It seems our delicate royal feelings have been hurt:
Arab News (Saudi equivalent of Voice of America)
Facebook knows you're a dog.
Keith_McClary
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby onlooker » Sun 31 Jan 2016, 09:44:30

Well it seems big changes are happening in KSA, I do believe in a deeper sense it is a reflexive stance taken by the Sheiks there in response to the approaching day when oil revenues plummet. Here is excerpt from article I read " The House of Saud is crushing dissent and cutting benefits at home, while intervening militarily abroad. Why? Here's everything you need to know: Are the Saudis nervous? Very. The royal family feels threats from within the country and without, as the price of oil plunges, the predominantly young population grows restless, and Saudi Arabia's bitter rival, Shiite Iran, seeks to expand its influence throughout the region. The Saudis were also deeply alarmed by the Arab Spring, which saw long-established regimes crumble; the U.S.'s nuclear deal with Iran; and the rise of ISIS. "
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby JakeMate » Mon 01 Feb 2016, 07:14:04

vox_mundi wrote:Saudi Royal Detained After 2 Tons of Drugs Found on Private Jet

A member of the Saudi royal family and four others were detained after authorities discovered two tons of drugs on a private jet in Beirut on Monday, according to Lebanon’s state-run news agency and a government official.

The National News Agency said smugglers were attempting to transport the “huge quantity” of Captagon pills — 40 bags worth — to the Saudi capital of Riyadh.

Col. Joseph Musalem, a spokesman for Lebanon's ministry of the interior, said that a member of the Saudi royal family was among those detained. Musalem added that investigators were working to determine whether or not he was involved in the alleged smuggling.

Fenethylline is a chemical linkage of amphetamine and theophylline which behaves as a prodrug to both of the aforementioned drugs. It is marketed for use as a psychostimulant under the brand names Captagon, Biocapton, and Fitton

Who is detaining someone of the Saudi royal family in Saudi Arabia anyway? I thought they had rule of the land.
JakeMate
Wood
Wood

Unread postby vox_mundi » Wed 03 Feb 2016, 14:46:53

Saudi Executioner Thinks He Pulled Something In Shoulder During Last 10 Decapitations

AL MUZAHIMIYAH, SAUDI ARABIA—Complaining that he must have “tweaked it pretty good,” Saudi executioner Khalid al-Faraj told reporters Thursday that he thinks he pulled something in his shoulder during yesterday’s last 10 decapitations. “Around the seventh or eighth beheading I came around kind of awkwardly on my windup and heard this loud pop, and I knew immediately that something wasn’t right, ” said al-Faraj, adding that he attempted to ignore the dull pain spreading through his upper right arm and power through the rest of the executions, but he barely had enough strength left to make a clean slice on the final prisoner. “When I got home I took a few Aleve and put some Icy Hot on it, but this morning when I woke up I couldn’t even lift my arm and the pain had spread down to my elbow. I just hope the swelling goes down soon because I’ve got a pretty big slate on Monday.” Al-Faraj told reporters that, on the orders of his orthopedist, he would have to miss out on this weekend’s public stoning of a woman accused of adultery.

vox_mundi
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Return to Open Topic Discussion