Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Blame Obama!

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Blame Obama!

Postby ennui2 » Thu 04 Aug 2016, 13:57:24

"If the oil price crosses above the Etp maximum oil price curve within the next month, I will leave the forum." --SumYunGai (9/21/2016)
ennui2
Permanently Banned

Postby Plantagenet » Thu 04 Aug 2016, 14:06:07

ennui2 wrote:Hey plaaaantyyyy....SUCK IT

No thanks.

You go ahead and suck it yourself, eeenie.

That's more your kind of thing anyway.

Cheers! :lol:
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Postby ennui2 » Sat 06 Aug 2016, 12:49:56

You don't get away that easily.

http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-ap ... ary-2016-8

His approval is only one point shy of Ronald Reagan from 1988!

http://www.npr.org/2016/07/27/487687557 ... n-speakers

"If the oil price crosses above the Etp maximum oil price curve within the next month, I will leave the forum." --SumYunGai (9/21/2016)
ennui2
Permanently Banned

Postby Plantagenet » Sat 06 Aug 2016, 12:58:51

ennui2 wrote:His approval is only one point shy of Ronald Reagan from 1988!

Hey...even I like the guy. I question his policies, but you can't deny that Obama himself is a likable character.

Obama's definitely brought his own special style to the oval office and people have grown to appreciate that Obama is his own man and does things his own way.

Cheers!

Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Postby salinsky » Sun 07 Aug 2016, 01:38:10

Oh Shit! Waddup Dat be a big-ole bucket fo shur.
If you believe something is true, then it must be true or you wouldn't believe it was true, therefore, everything you think is true, is true, or is it?
Señor Salinsky

A people's culture is their best ignorance.
SAL
salinsky
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Postby Plantagenet » Sun 07 Aug 2016, 13:29:41

pstarr wrote:... treason ...

Political cartoons are treason?

Criticizing the policies of the administration are treason?

The freedom of speech is treason?

The Bill of Rights is treason?

Peter! I always thought of you as an extremely cranky aging hippy....but I never previously suspected you of being an Archie Bunker type who runs around screaming about "treason" when he hears a political opinion he disagrees with and isn't articulate enough to discuss.

cheers!

Last edited by Plantagenet on Sun 07 Aug 2016, 13:33:39, edited 1 time in total.
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Postby Plantagenet » Sun 07 Aug 2016, 13:40:27

pstarr wrote:We are in a State of War against the Axis of Evil as declared by .... President GW Bush.

You don't understand how the US government works. President's don't declare wars---Congress does. Congress never declared war on the "Axis of Evil." Try to get your facts straight. Read something. Educate yourself on this subject.

Consider this fact:

Because Congress never declared war against Libya and Syria, Obama's wars against those two countries are illegal wars.

pstarr wrote:
So yes, it is treasonous.

What is treasonous? Opposing an illegal war is treasonous?

No, actually as Thomas Jefferson said over two centuries ago, dissent is the highest form of patriotism.

You do know who Thomas Jefferson is, don't you?

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Postby Plantagenet » Sun 07 Aug 2016, 13:59:15

pstarr wrote:Partisan BS is not patriotic.

You're the one engaging in partisan BS. Anything the Ds do, no matter how outrageous, is fine by you. You consider yourself anti-war, but you won't even criticize Obama's illegal wars in Libya or Syria because the illegal war was done by a D.

Hey----Aren't you old enough to have alive during the Viet Nam war?

When you were young, did you think the Viet Nam War was great because LBJ was a D?

In 1968 Pstarr had a crew cut and wore a business suit while arguing that the Viet Nam War is great because LBJ is a D. :lol:
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Postby ennui2 » Sun 07 Aug 2016, 14:26:35

So says Planty, once supporter of the McCain/Palin ticket that brought us such greatest hits as "Bomb, Bomb, Iran". Such a peacenik he is. Crocodile tears about AGW and crocodile tears about pacifism.
ennui2
Permanently Banned

Postby Plantagenet » Sun 07 Aug 2016, 16:04:22

ennui2 wrote:Crocodile tears about .... pacifism.

I've never said I'm a pacifist, you liar. The US has a perfect right to defend itself from attacks.

By the way, its been fascinating watching you turn from an earnest person interested in Peak Oil to someone who now visits the site mainly to spread lies and troll other posters.

Cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Postby Plantagenet » Sun 07 Aug 2016, 16:20:31

pstarr wrote:I am old enough to have protested the Vietnam war. I was arrested (and my friend was hit by a cop right next to me) in Washington in a mass demonstration protesting the Invasion of Cambodia in 1970

Thats what I thought.

Then why are you so gung ho now about Obama's illegal wars in Libya and Syria?

Did you lose all your youthful idealism and turn into a pro-establishment type like 6 and like so many old people do?

Yea, me and Starshine here and the rest of the commune were like all anti-war back in the 60s, but since Obama has been elected President we've learned that wow man war is really good for corporate profits and all so now we back war 100%. Bring it on, man.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Postby Oneaboveall » Mon 08 Aug 2016, 00:28:11

When the banksters want something, our policymakers move with the speed of Mercury and the determination of Ares. It’s only when the rest of us need something that there is paralysis.

How free are we today with the dominance of globalist capital and militarized security apparatus?
Oneaboveall
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Postby ennui2 » Tue 16 Aug 2016, 10:56:15

The cause of the implosion of the GOP is...ODS, otherwise known as PLANTYISM!

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -extremism
ennui2
Permanently Banned

Postby Plantagenet » Tue 06 Sep 2016, 17:27:01

Wow! Obama has really had a rough week at the G20 meeting.

First the Chinese refused to bring out an airport stairway so he could exit Air Force One and get on the ground. AF-1 has a built stairway back at the cargo door, so eventually the crew cranked it down and Obama exited that way. Then a minor Chinese airport official started screaming at the US delegation that "China is OUR country." And apparently there was a minor scuffle when one of the US reporters tried to walk away from the official delegation.

This was obviously all a pre-planned effort by the Chinese to insult Obama. The Chinese detest Obama.

Then there were the "negotiations" with Putin designed to reach an accord on Syria that obama babbled about for days. Of course there was no accord---the Russians obviously detest Obama and pictures of Putin and Obama show them locked in a stare-down contest

Lastly there was the incident where the president of the Philippines said that Obama was a "Son of a Bitch." Some US media are reporting it as a son of a whore, but it sounded like "son of a bitch" to me. This is remarkable behavior at a diplomatic meeting, and indicates that the Philippine leadership also detests Obama.

I'm not even sure Obama got any golfing done---it was a very tough week for Obama.

The President of the Philippines expresses his opinion of Obama at the G20 meeting in China
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Postby Plantagenet » Wed 21 Sep 2016, 23:05:20

It was bizarre watching Elizabeth Warren at the Senate Hearing berate the Chairman of Well Fargo because he isn't being prosecuted for financial misconduct.

Doesn't Warren understand how our government works?

Its not up to the Chairman of Well Fargo Bank to prosecute himself----its up to the Obama administration to prosecute him. And the Obama administration does't prosecute people who are Ds. Wells Fargo is a major donor to the Clinton Foundation, so they have bought themselves protection from federal prosecution.

Quick! Give more money to the Clinton Foundation!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Postby Plantagenet » Tue 04 Oct 2016, 17:10:41

Video surfaces showing the young Obama whining about "white priviledge" and how unfair everything is

previously-unseen-footage-catches-obama-crying-complaining-about-white-priv

Man up, dude. Stop the whining and for heaven's sake stop crying all the time :lol:
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to North America Discussion