Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

BLM and ignorance

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

BLM and ignorance

Unread postby Cog » Sat 20 Feb 2016, 09:11:56

Worth five minutes of your time to see the difference between a logical argument and one that is not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__Vj3DXwOBI
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Re: BLM and ignorance

Unread postby Sixstrings » Sat 20 Feb 2016, 10:24:48

Well.. there's some idiots on the far left, yeah. And there's some idiots on the far right, yeah.

But Bernie wants to help ALL the people -- the idiots on the left and the idiots on the right too, and everyone in the middle.

If Democrats can have the courage to turn their back on Clintonian false progressivism, and let Bernie Sanders take the Democratic Party back to its roots where it is supposed to be -- representing ALL workin' folk of ALL races -- then as a swing voter that's a train I could get on:

If the $15 living wage were passed, and if there were free college and a booming economy, then BLM protests won't be an issue. And there wouldn't be problems from the right wing, either.

It's all in the hands of Democrats. To have the courage to vote Bernie Sanders -- a vote for Clinton is a vote for a divided America, for the banks and for wall street abuse, and for madeup nonsense divisions like right wingers and black lives matter protesters yelling at each other.

Just raise all their wages. Get the economy booming. Get job growth going, and free college, and then we won't have to sit around and be outraged and divided up by the 1%.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Cog » Sat 20 Feb 2016, 10:45:37

Please take your Sanders stuff back to the appropriate thread.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Sixstrings » Sat 20 Feb 2016, 11:37:07

Cog wrote:Please take your Sanders stuff back to the appropriate thread.

Well I watched the video. The fellow on the right has a logical argument, yes.

So what reaction should I have, Cog? That it's all black folks' fault? That if they just all become conservatives then that fixes everything?

I've been reading so many articles about the Trump side of things. I don't have a link, but there was a running thing from national review and others, that their own Republican base "just needs to get a job," etc. They now talk about their base, the way that they used to talk about Democrats.

The thing is -- poverty is spreading, and increasing, among all races.

The super rich divides the lower classes up, so they can fight amongst each other.

So I guess there's two kinds of discussions we can have, either about root issues and jobs offshoring and wall street, or just the old divisions and "look how crazy these black lives matters protesters are" and then "look at these crazy people on the far right."

I'm probably thinking too deeply for this thread, I'm sorry. I'll stay out of it.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Return to Open Topic Discussion