Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Hans Gudegast - Hollywood's Caricature of History

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Hans Gudegast - Hollywood's Caricature of History

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Fri 26 Feb 2016, 11:22:29

"For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it." - Patrick Henry

The level of injustice and wrong you endure is directly determined by how much you quietly submit to. Even to the point of extinction.
Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Re: Hans Gudegast - Hollywood's Caricature of History

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Fri 26 Feb 2016, 20:29:57

I own a copy of the book Braeden mentioned towards the end of Part 1 of his interview. The complete title is Without Sanctuary: Lynching Photography in America. It is indeed, a horrifying and educational work. I happen to agree with Braeden, it should be mandatory reading in US high schools.

Unless you are over 60, you cannot recall the pre-Civil Rights USA. It was a very different place for blacks, not so much for the rest of us.

My Grandmother died in 2003. Among her possessions my aunt found some of the lynching postcards described in the book. The comments penciled on the reverse side make it clear that these were from her Oklahoma relatives, none of whom I ever met. Nor do we even know if she ever had these postcards read to her - my Grandmother only learned to read just before her death.

My aunt could not face up to the truth. She burned the postcards.

When I raised my daughter, we went and saw Schindler's List when she was 12 years old. Years afterwards, I showed her this book, and told her that we basically had our own Holocaust here in the USA, unsuspected by most of her generation. Some years from now, I will give her the book, and let her decide if she wants to have a similar discussion with her kids.

(Hans-Jörg Gudegast is Eric Braeden's birth name.)(Rat Patrol was a childhood favorite of mine.)
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Return to Open Topic Discussion