Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Scientist says he found definitive proof that God exists.

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Scientist says he found definitive proof that God exists.

Unread postby onlooker » Fri 10 Jun 2016, 20:52:23

http://ageac.org/en/multimedia/scientis ... -exists-2/
Well, this story highlights the age old debate about how likely is the existence of God? To me the Universe definitely partakes in a order and symmetry that belies some natural cause and effect dynamic. The mathematical constants throughout the Universe also seem to point to some "intelligence" involved in its creation. Finally, to me again just the fact that anything exists is indicative of God. So, I am a spiritual person who does believe in God.
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Re: Scientist says he found definitive proof that God exists

Unread postby Newfie » Fri 10 Jun 2016, 21:53:51

So.....who created God?
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Subjectivist » Fri 10 Jun 2016, 22:05:07

Newfie wrote:So.....who created God?

The eternal simply is, there was nothing before because there is no before.
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Plantagenet » Fri 10 Jun 2016, 22:11:39

onlooker wrote:I am a spiritual person who does believe in God.

Which one?

Jehovah? Zeus? Brahma? Allah? Athena? the flying spaghetti monster? Wonder Woman? Jesus? Mohammad? Marx? Loki? Thor? Kali?

Which one or ones do you believe in?
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Sixstrings » Fri 10 Jun 2016, 22:13:08

Well, according to what Michio Kaku says, one way to look at it would be that WE are God..

Just as the resonance of each neuron and networks of neurons in our brain, is "us".. and conscientiousness.

We wondering who or what God is, may be like your fingernail, or an individual red blood cell, wondering who YOU are.

Kaku says "the mind of God is cosmic music. The music of strings, resonating through eleven dimensions of hyperspace."

It could be that the UNIVERSE *is* "God." And here we are, flying along through space in one particular channel of just one of those bloodstreams of the larger entity.

I'm not completely sure what Kaku is saying here, other than by studying string theory, if scientists could ever "read" the resonance of the strings (this is all math), then they could "read" the mind of "God" as "God" is thinking. So the string resonances are like neuron firing patterns, in our brain.

As for who created God.. who created the universe.. if the universe is EVERYTHING, then *what created everything*.. that's an old question going back to Aristotle and the unmoved mover:

"that which moves without being moved"

a primary cause or "mover" of all the motion in the universe.

Aristotle describes the unmoved mover as being perfectly beautiful, indivisible, and contemplating only the perfect contemplation: itself contemplating. He equates this concept also with the Active Intellect.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unmoved_mover
Last edited by Sixstrings on Fri 10 Jun 2016, 22:31:20, edited 2 times in total.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Synapsid » Fri 10 Jun 2016, 22:23:05

Onlooker's link leads to the home page of The Geophilosophical Association of Anthropological and Cultural Studies.

Read the section What is Geophilosophy? Enlightening!

Psychoanalytic anthropology is an important approach, if you google geophilosophy.

Good luck.
Synapsid
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby onlooker » Fri 10 Jun 2016, 22:38:52

"Which one?" Any, all and none. God simply is. Does not need any name to define it.
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Cog » Sat 11 Jun 2016, 00:44:11

It would probably be unwise to collapse God's wave function by attempting to observe him.

Just saying.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Sixstrings » Sat 11 Jun 2016, 02:22:37

Cog wrote:It would probably be unwise to collapse God's wave function by attempting to observe him.

Just saying.

:lol: 8O

Another article on this:

The problem with physics is that laws which explain why the universe works as it does on the macro level, do not apply at the micro level.

Einstein's physics and quantum physics, have a gap between their explanations that scientists cannot yet explain.

For example, why is it that tiny quantum particles can pop into and out of existence from nothing? String theory attempts to provide an answer to this question.

While working on String Theory, Kaku, discovered what he sees as evidence that the universe was created by an intelligence, rather than merely formed by random forces. He suggests he can explain it by what he calls, "primitive semi-radius tachyons."

We do not yet have a succinct explanation of this idea from Kaku, other than he's referring to tachyons, which are theoretical particles that unbind particles from one another.

Without getting into the physics, Kaku concludes that we live in a Matrix-style universe, created by an intelligence.

"I have concluded that we are in a world made by rules created by an intelligence", he said. "Believe me, everything that we call chance today won't make sense anymore. To me it is clear that we exist in a plan which is governed by rules that were created, shaped by a universal intelligence and not by chance."

So does this mean Kaku now believes in God? Yes and no. Nowhere does he endorse an particular religious philosophy. Instead, he may be referring to Spinosa's God, a sort of deification of the laws of the universe themselves.

Einstein came to a similar conclusion.
http://www.intellectualtakeout.org/blog/world-famous-scientist-god-created-universe

From onlooker's article:

Tachyons are theoretical particles capable to “unstick ” the Universe matter or vacuum space between matter particles, leaving everything free from the influences of the surrounding universe.

Okay, so if I'm understanding all this.. Kaku is saying something about "primitive semi-radius tachyons.." and those are what indicate intelligent design.

And tachyons are like the vacuum cleaner of the universe, little particles cleaning up the space between other particles.

Would be interesting to see something more in depth from Kaku, about the "primitive semi-radius tachyons."
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Newfie » Sat 11 Jun 2016, 11:48:11

Subjectivist wrote:

In that case we don't need God to make us because our makings are eternal.

OK, I'm not gonna play. Believe in God if you wish. Grant me the right to disbelieve, live in peace. Amen!
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby jedrider » Sat 11 Jun 2016, 17:58:59

Either one believes in God or one believes in a perpetual energy machine. So, who are you going to believe? Me or your LYING eyes??
jedrider
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby GoghGoner » Sat 11 Jun 2016, 18:56:16

Subjectivist wrote:

Is infinity an innate and intuitive part of a human's knowledge? Just like some people are short or some tall, some have a strong sense of infinity while others a weak sense of infinity -- at least, that is how I view the extremes of fundamentalism and atheism.

All religions came up with infinity long before we scientifically proved that the stars are not fixed in our skies.

Revelation 1:8 - “I am the Alpha and the Omega, says the Lord God, who is and who was, and who is to come. The Almighty.”
GoghGoner
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Subjectivist » Sat 11 Jun 2016, 20:49:25

GoghGoner wrote:
Subjectivist wrote:

Is infinity an innate and intuitive part of a human's knowledge? Just like some people are short or some tall, some have a strong sense of infinity while others a weak sense of infinity -- at least, that is how I view the extremes of fundamentalism and atheism.

All religions came up with infinity long before we scientifically proved that the stars are not fixed in our skies.

Revelation 1:8 - “I am the Alpha and the Omega, says the Lord God, who is and who was, and who is to come. The Almighty.”

Interesting concept, I will spend time pondering this.
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Ibon » Sat 11 Jun 2016, 22:11:46

GoghGoner wrote:
Subjectivist wrote:

This would suggest some predisposition. And then you consider that famous line that no one is born a christian or muslim or buddhist. They are indoctrinated from their parents or community. Just as atheists are often from their secular parents.

I was indoctrinated when my friends and I slept under the stars in our sleeping bags when I was 10 years old. I can still remember all of us pondering infinity while looking into deep black space.
Patiently awaiting the pathogens. Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Sat 11 Jun 2016, 23:14:50

Religion may have been talking about infinity for long, but is it infinity when the earth is the central body & this the only life? Nope. Things obvious to me as a little kid, like why are these people all pretending there is only the one visible universe? Infinity, is infinite, therefore there are infinite beginnings & endings, infinite universes & infinite lives.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby careinke » Sun 12 Jun 2016, 02:56:27

My Boy Scout Troop Leader (who was Mormon), always took us to a different type of church on each campout. So even as a confirmed Lutheran, I was exposed to a lot of different churches over the years. This led me to becoming a member of the LPMA (League to Promote Militant Atheists) in college. We loved to invite the "doorknockers" into our rooms for lively conversations. We had cool little buttons with a hand making a circle and the slogan "No Way" as opposed to the "One Way" born again Christian Buttons popular at the time. Anyway lots of fun...

Now, I'm not so much into metaphysics at all, although I no longer begrudge anyone else from holding their own beliefs. I do object when others beliefs are forced on me.

I do have to admit natural patterns, fibinanci numbers, fractals, and integrated systems can send an almost religious awe through me as I study them.
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Sun 12 Jun 2016, 06:36:42

Unless you have walked with believers you can't rightfully speak of them is my opinion. I happen to take a very open position on a lot of things & most weeks I'm in some kind of temple, church, yoga group or some such. Enough that I am totally comfortable with Hindus, Christians, Jews, Muslims, without feeling the need to buy in to anyone's particular thing, view or sect. I believe atheists often project a whole bunch of psychology into believers, which in reality doesn't exist. You get a whole different view of folks when you just accept them, as they are then simply show interest over disdain for their practices. This may sound whacko to most of you here, but I can honestly say having been a chaser of highs all my life, I see & meet Christian missionaries doing amazing stuff with first world kids helping out garbage dump third world kids, really saving lives daily, those people are getting high, really high. Going to temple rituals at 4 am, learning the songs in Sanskrit, the deliberate sensory overload of a Hindu dawn ritual, these are events I get a lot of joy from in life, I learn from. It doesn't mean I have to believe what anyone says, none of it invalidates my inner journey so I don't feel I need to fear any of it. There are approaches i don't like & find revolting, not religions.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby onlooker » Sun 12 Jun 2016, 09:42:13

I think Sea, you are a very genuine person. I believe that what ever path anyone of us chooses, we must be honest with ourselves. You might fool others but you cannot fool yourself. Find, what interests, excites you etc. and do it as best you can. I myself by living for a long time within the confines of NY city have learned much from different types of peoples and different types of attitudes. I realize we are all quite imperfect in our control of our attitudes ,emotions and conjectures. But I think it serves us all well to understand we are all human and thus have the exact same potential and real makeup. I do not know if this relates directly with God but I know we should respect the uniqueness of everyone while embracing our common humanity and that extends to the spiritual belief system or lack thereof of anyone and everyone
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Return to Open Topic Discussion