Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Dallas Sniper 7/7/2016

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Fully Automated Combat Robots

Unread postby Lore » Fri 08 Jul 2016, 08:58:59

Dallas police shootings.

Dallas police chief: we used a robot to detonate a bomb next to the suspect, killing him. He did NOT shoot himself.
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
... Theodore Roosevelt
Lore
Fission
Fission

Citizens kill cops in Dallas protest 7/8/16

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Fri 08 Jul 2016, 09:06:18

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/07/08/us/da ... index.html

After a new video of police murdering a black guy in front of his wife & kid emerged via Facebook, citizens have started payback. Where this goes is anyone's guess.

According to killedbypolice.net over 500 Americans were killed by police already this year, so the protesters have some catching up to do.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Re: Citizens kill cops in Dallas protest 7/8/16

Unread postby PhebaAndThePilgrim » Fri 08 Jul 2016, 11:06:02

"citizens have started payback". this act was not payback, it was total stupidity by one messed up person.
Making all cops bad, painting everybody with the same brush, is what started this nightmare in the first place.
When the shooting started citizens fled the shots, the police went toward them. that is either true courage or total insanity. I'm betting on true courage. Not all cops are bad. they are not all broken morally as individuals. The system is broken.
It is quite possible those 5 dead police officers were good cops. So, now we may have 5 less good ones out there.
What happened to these black men in the last two days is just horrible.
But, it happened to them because of fear. Because they were "painted with the same brush". Doing that just results in more violence.
In my opinion the best way for BLM to have an impact; do what their grandparents did. Alabama Bus Boycott. Hit these racists bastards in their pocketbook. Boycott. Stop buying stuff, specifically their made in China crap. Make it a movement. Many people of all races and backgrounds would join in. Because we are all sick of it.
What African American community and others don't get is their true power. It lies in their purchasing power. what they do or do not purchase every single day. there is power in numbers.
this country does not worship Jesus or Allah. this country worships the market.
Of course, you can't include cell phones in the boycott. Have to record injustice to stop it. Ms. Reynolds is a very brave and sensible person.
deeply impressed with how she handled the horror she went through.
Pheba.
PhebaAndThePilgrim
Expert
Expert

Unread postby sparky » Fri 08 Jul 2016, 11:21:37

So far in this latest American custom of domestic shooting , I haven't read any howl of protest about banning guns
good guns shoot police , bad guns shoot passer by .
I guess I can , if not approve , at least understand .
sparky
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby ennui2 » Fri 08 Jul 2016, 11:36:26

If you look at failed states, usually the first thing you notice is the public can't rely on or trust the police. Then the only security you can rely on is vigilante justice. Things just swirl down the drain into Hatfield and the McCoys style violence. So no, it is not a wise move for the public to just turn en masse against the police.
"If the oil price crosses above the Etp maximum oil price curve within the next month, I will leave the forum." --SumYunGai (9/21/2016)
ennui2
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Lore » Fri 08 Jul 2016, 11:46:47

About what its amounting too. The crazed Dallas shooter(s) were retaliating for the two recent police killings of black gun carriers. The fatal flaw was two fold for them, they were black and were legally carrying a gun. Proving once again, having a gun is more likely to get you killed. Especially if you're black.

NRA’s offensive hypocrisy: When will the organization demand justice for black gun owners shot by police?

Right in the midst of a national outrage over a video of police in Louisiana shooting Alton Sterling while holding him on the ground, yet another video of a police shooting of a black man has come out.

This video, filmed in Falcon Heights, Minnesota, shows a man named Philando Castile writhing in pain with blood splattered all over his car while his girlfriend says that a police officer shot Castile after asking Castile, responding to requests for his license, reached for his wallet. Castile later died of his wounds.

Beyond being yet more videos of senseless violence by police against African-Americans, what these two videos have in common is the police in question excuse their actions by citing the presence of a gun.

In the Minnesota video, the woman tells the camera that Castile informed the office that he had a licensed gun on him before he reached for his wallet. The officer then returns, arguing, “I told him not to reach for it. I told him to get his hand out.”

In the Louisiana video, officers can be heard yelling, “He’s got a gun!”

In both cases, there seems to be no question that the shooting victims were armed. It’s a point that’s already being flogged by conservatives in an effort to excuse these officers.

However, and conservatives should be the first to remember this, guns are legal in this country.

Guns are legal in this country. Louisiana is an open carry state. Minnesota allows concealed carry. Police officers in these states know full well that people have a legal right to carry. They have, according to conservatives themselves, no reason to believe that a man with a gun is a bad guy. Why, he could very well be one of those good guys with a gun, at the ready to stop crime, that we keep hearing about from conservatives.

Which brings up a critical question: Where is the gun rights lobby?

Here are two American citizens that were killed while doing what the NRA claims is a constitutional right. Surely this must be a gross injustice in the eyes of the NRA! Surely they will be demanding action, petitioning congressmen, demanding the Department of Justice to step forward and make sure that every American has a right to arm themselves without fear of being gunned down by the police! Right?

But while progressive Twitter is all about protesting these deaths, if you go to the NRA Twitter feed, this is what you’ll find: Whining about Matt Damon’s gun opinions. Harping on some impolitic words from a community college professor. Putting up some free advertising for Remington.

But when it comes to the deaths of these two Americans who appear to be killed while exercising their legal right to carry guns? Crickets.

What you do get, however, is some overt race-baiting from the NRA, tweets that unsubtly try to imply to their largely white audience that they are in danger of being victimized, mostly by people of color, and that they need to arm themselves in response.
http://www.salon.com/2016/07/07/nras_of ... by_police/

I guess though that the Dallas shooter(s) were in the end just practicing what every good member of the NRA seems to believe as they're right by force of arms to take back America for themselves?
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
... Theodore Roosevelt
Lore
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Plantagenet » Fri 08 Jul 2016, 12:24:10

My deepest condolences go to the families of the brave police officers murdered in Dallas.

RIP
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Plantagenet » Fri 08 Jul 2016, 12:47:23

A Black Power group has just claimed responsibility for the shootings. This group has been making threats for months, and now they are claiming responsibility for the Dallas police shooting and making more threats.

dallas-police-shooting-black-power

I suggest the Obama administration should investigate this black power group that is making threats against the police.
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby efarmer » Fri 08 Jul 2016, 12:56:51

Terrorists kill cops in Dallas protest 7/8/16 would be my name for the thread.

My deepest condolences for the Dallas Police and their circle of loved ones.

Injustice is not countered by creating a more massive injustice and foisting it upon
people uninvolved in the earlier injustice.
efarmer
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Fri 08 Jul 2016, 12:58:55

Isn't what happened to the n#### terrorism?
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Fri 08 Jul 2016, 13:41:50

Mustn't let the facts obscure a good scandal, either.
If people would just do the math, instead od skipping that part and going straight to the outrage....
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Cog » Fri 08 Jul 2016, 14:08:26

The outraged liberals assume that the two police involved shootings, one in Louisiana and one in Minnesota, were not a justified use of force by the police. I would not be so quick to jump on that assumption. The investigation is ongoing and we are only getting one side of the story for now.

Yes I've seen the videos in both cases. They don't tell you the whole story.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Lore » Fri 08 Jul 2016, 14:15:43

Where are your references KJ?

Looks like you're cherry picking and attempting to give misleading information again. According to your graph, there were 30% Blacks killed although they only make up 12.3% of the U.S. population while Non-Hispanic whites make up 63%, yet they represent only 49% of those killed by police.
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/06 ... ne-by-2043

The last chart says we're better than some third world banana republics when it comes to total homicides, but among gun-related homicides compared to other developed nations, Americans are 10 times more likely to be killed by them.

How U.S. gun deaths compare to other countries

Americans are 10 times more likely to be killed by guns than people in other developed countries, a new study finds.

Compared to 22 other high-income nations, the United States' gun-related murder rate is 25 times higher. And, even though the United States' suicide rate is similar to other countries, the nation's gun-related suicide rate is eight times higher than other high-income countries, researchers said.

The study was published online Feb. 1 in The American Journal of Medicine.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/how-u-s-gun ... countries/
... Theodore Roosevelt
Lore
Fission
Fission

Unread postby dohboi » Fri 08 Jul 2016, 14:29:28

The murder of the black guy pulled over for a taillight malfunction (which I have heard wasn't actually malfunctioning) happened just a couple miles down the road from my garden plot. I know people who were his friends and associates.

All of these recent events just sicken me. I'm not up to bantering about any idiotic claims right now, sorry.
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Fri 08 Jul 2016, 14:39:11

sparky wrote:.
So far in this latest American custom of domestic shooting , I haven't read any howl of protest about banning guns
good guns shoot police , bad guns shoot passer by .
I guess I can , if not approve , at least understand .

Oh all the usual speeches are being given today. They have them canned and ready to go. Just fill in the blanks about the who where and when of the particular shooting and step up to the podium.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Fri 08 Jul 2016, 14:46:45

Lore wrote:About what its amounting too. The crazed Dallas shooter(s) were retaliating for the two recent police killings of black gun carriers. The fatal flaw was two fold for them, they were black and were legally carrying a gun. Proving once again, having a gun is more likely to get you killed. Especially if you're black.

You may have your facts wrong there. I've heard at least one report that the man killed in Louisiana was a convicted felon and could not have been carrying a gun legally. That doesn't explain why two big cops that already had him pinned to the ground needed to shoot him but I'm waiting for the rest of the story on that one before jumping to conclusions.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Plantagenet » Fri 08 Jul 2016, 15:01:38

After the tragedy in Dallas its time to start publicizing the idea that Blue Lives matter just as much as black lives.

BLack Lives Matter protestors in the past have shouted down speakers who said "All lives matter". That was wrong.

ALL LIVES MATTER.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Fri 08 Jul 2016, 15:12:12

All three charts I posted have the source material identified on the face of the chart for anybody who cares to read. But for the mentally handicapped:

The first chart is from "Killed By Police", a comprehensive list of police shootings that has been on Facebook since May 1, 2013, with each incident linked to the original report. In 25% of the cases, the individual accused either was of mixed or undetermined or unreported race. http://killedbypolice.net/

The second chart is from the NCVS survey made by the Bureau of Justice Statistics group at the US Dept. of Justice. http://www.bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=dcdetail&iid=245

The third chart is from data collected by the UN OFFice on Drugs and Crime and appears in Wikipedia. https://www.unodc.org/unodc/en/data-and-analysis/statistics/data.html

The sources are anti-police groups and US Government and UN groups, because I expected to be accused of "cherry picking". We can talk about the NRA data if you wish, but I trust my point is made using these independent sources.

The statistics DO NOT establish any racial violence perpetrated by police. More Blacks are stopped while engaged in crime because they live in inner city crime zones and use more drugs. If you commit a crime, expect extra attention from the police. When police patrol high crime zones where one race predominates, I expect that race to dominate the stop/frisk/arrest statistics - and the prison population. More importantly, if such suspects are armed and offer resistance to arrest, they can be expected to be shot by police more often.

Nor does the data show that the US has 10X the homicide rate as Lore suggests, we are well below the world average (as far as we know, because China does not report crime statistics). The only society with 1/10th the US homicide rate is Japan, a closed monolithic one-race society without the US Democratic Party promoting a "diversity" policy that oppresses minorities and causes a bone-chilling level of violence in the inner cities. (Once again, I have served on many juries in my city and county and I understand the violence caused by race/ethnicity and the drug trade.)

The real problem is not the police, it is the "community organizers", aka as the racial demgogues.
Last edited by KaiserJeep on Fri 08 Jul 2016, 15:27:11, edited 2 times in total.
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby eugene » Fri 08 Jul 2016, 15:17:15

Kinda like bombing wedding parties and other civilians in Afghanistan. Or the tens of thousands murdered in Iraq. Or the killing of Blacks for generations right here in the US. I guess it's different when it's "those others". Old saying "what goes around, comes around".
Sad state of affairs, of course but lets get our shit together and recognize we're not innocents.
eugene
Peat
Peat

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Fri 08 Jul 2016, 15:25:11

eugene wrote:Kinda like bombing wedding parties and other civilians in Afghanistan. Or the tens of thousands murdered in Iraq. Or the killing of Blacks for generations right here in the US. I guess it's different when it's "those others". Old saying "what goes around, comes around".
Sad state of affairs, of course but lets get our shit together and recognize we're not innocents.

???????

What is "kinda like" what? Please use complete sentences with correct syntax so that we can understand your thoughts. The above paragraph is nonsense because it is incomplete and the part that exists is not structured correctly.

KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Next

Return to North America Discussion