Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Dallas Sniper 7/7/2016

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Citizens kill cops in Dallas protest 7/8/16

Unread postby Tanada » Sat 09 Jul 2016, 23:36:19

dohboi wrote:C, adding his typical unsupported, ignorant bullshit.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... -black-men

"...21% of deadly incidents began with a complaint to police alleging domestic violence or some other domestic disturbance. About 16% arose from officers attempting to arrest a wanted person, execute a warrant or apprehend a fugitive. Another 14% of killings followed an attempted traffic or street stop, 13% came after someone committed a violent crime and 7% after a non-violent crime."

Soooo, 100-13 = 87% of fatal police shooting/murders of black men did not involve someone involved in a violent crime.

Pretty screwy math you have there Dohboi, 21% Domestic Violence is by definition a VIOLENT CRIME. Then you add in the 16% who resisted arrest when being sought for a warrant. 87-21=66, 66-16=50%.

BTW what is the definition of a "non-violent crime"? Is that burglary of an empty building, vandalism, property damage, embezzling? Surely rape, murder, assault, mugging, strong arm robbery, armed robbery would all qualify as violent.

I know a few officers and have one who is a state trooper married to one of my cousins, the two situations most feared by most law enforcement officers are Domestic Violence calls and traffic stops because you are dealing with people in stressful situations who may or may not be armed, but if you approach with weapon in hand you get a law suit.
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Sixstrings » Sun 10 Jul 2016, 00:08:03

Cog wrote:The possibility of a negative(lethal) interaction with the police goes way down if you aren't a criminal, aren't doing criminal things, don't resist arrest, and are generally a pleasant person.

Yep, you're right.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Cog » Sun 10 Jul 2016, 01:39:24

dohboi wrote:Looks like at least some other NRA gun nuts are at least a bit conflicted on the Philandro situation.

Unlike the racist sh!ts here who are too cowardly to just say what they clearly are believing--that it's just f'n fine for white men to be carrying, but if any black man decides to carry while black, their black asses can be executed gangland style by police, and no one in the establishment is going to blink, certainly not any of the 2nd amendment supposed enthusiasts here.

You racist sh!ts just disgust me. This sh!t is really bringing out your true colors tho.

We can now all see what a racist cesspool this place is.

Looks like it's time to check out of this sh!t hole. Plenty of other places have intelligent conversation without putting up with open racists.

Plant, for one, would no doubt, if living during the 3rd Reich, have had a sign on his lawn "SS LIVES MATTER" even as millions of Jews, atheists, gays, Gypsies, and various others were being hauled of to the gas chambers.

Have a good life.

Hope you really feel good about yourselves.

Is this going to be a long dragged out leaving or are you really leaving like right now? Like now or tomorrow, or perhaps a year from now leaving?

Quit being a drama queen and get over yourself.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Sun 10 Jul 2016, 02:25:05

doughboy, the only person displaying a racist attitude in this thread is YOU.

The facts don't seem to matter to you. The liberal narrative of black victim and white oppressors is your reality. You would protest and you would draw conclusions and you would prescribe punishment before the facts are known. But the one indisputable fact is that five white cops doing their jobs were gunned down by a black man, using skills he acquired in the US Army. Today it came out that he was given an administrative discharge, honorable conditions, because of his sexual harassment of female soldiers.

Please feel free to not participate in this thread if you can't do so without being abusive to other members.

KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sun 10 Jul 2016, 02:31:12

dohboi wrote:...racist .... sh!ts ... f'n .....black asses .... racist sh!ts ....sh!t .... racist cesspool .... sh!t hole.... racists....."SS LIVES MATTER"

Gosh, what happened? I've been out at a Shakespeare play all evening and I come back and Dohboi has flipped out.

Suddenly Dohboi is posting Nazi fantasies about "SS LIVES MATTER" and he's never posted Nazi stuff before. And he's switched on his potty mouth and its overflowing big time.

Its just not like Dohboi.

Dohboi? Are you OK? Is something bothering you? Anything we can help with?

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Sixstrings » Sun 10 Jul 2016, 03:05:08

Plantagenet wrote:
dohboi wrote:...racist .... sh!ts ... f'n .....black asses .... racist sh!ts ....sh!t .... racist cesspool .... sh!t hole.... racists....."SS LIVES MATTER"

Gosh, what happened? I've been out at a Shakespeare play all evening and I come back and Dohboi has flipped out.

And then he ragequit. He told everyone to have a nice life. I thought that was nice of him.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Sixstrings » Sun 10 Jul 2016, 03:12:27

dohboi wrote:Got no more time for you racist ass mo fos.

have a nice life, @$$ holes.

Are you quitting? Can I have your stuff?

Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby WildRose » Sun 10 Jul 2016, 04:29:12

Speaking as someone who lives outside of the US and looking in, what you should really be concerned about is that there are citizens in your country who are so angry with these recent unnecessary shootings of young black men by police, that some of them are willing to die to get their point across. People do this sort of thing when they look around and realize that nothing is changing, peaceful marches be damned.
WildRose
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Cog » Sun 10 Jul 2016, 06:43:01

Here is the police record of one of these sterling citizens. At the time of his arrest, he had a pistol in his back pocket, was actively resisting being placed under arrest, and according to the officers was going for his aforementioned gun. What exactly did he expect would happen? If nothing else, this arrest record proves a history of very bad judgment. This is who people are protesting for? Sounds like a blight on the community to me and one which the community should be celebrating being rid of.

This bears repeating. If your aren't' a criminal, doing criminal stuff, resisting the lawful commands of a police officer, your odds of being killed by a cop go way down.

Summary of Offenses
The documents in Alton Sterling’s Baton Rouge court file show Sterling was accused of these offenses (some are convictions, some only arrests, some were dismissed and a few are traffic matters. The dates represent date of offense):

Simple battery (dismissed) (Nov. 24, 1996)
Simple battery – dismissed (Oct. 28, 1997)
Simple burglary of inhabited dwelling (May 5-15, 2005) request for arrest warrant
Felony theft (May 5-15, 2005) request for arrest warrant
Simple burglary (amended to illegal possession of stolen things – guilty plea) (May 24, 2005)
Aggravated battery (amended to simple battery – guilty plea) (March 6, 2006)
Simple criminal damage to property – guilty plea (March 6, 2006)
Unauthorized entry of an inhabited dwelling (amended to disturbing the peace – guilty plea) (March 6, 2006)
Expired driver’s license (March 21, 2008)
Driver’s license issue (hard to read document) (2008)
Domestic abuse battery – pleaded guilty (March 31, 2008)
Illegal carrying weapons with controlled dangerous substance – pleaded guilty (May 29, 2009)
Felon in possession of a firearm – dismissed (May 29, 2009)
Contempt of court – (Aug. 10, 2009) – Guilty plea
Fail to use seat belt (Feb. 5, 2014)
Fail to renew registration (Feb. 5, 2014)
Failure to comply with sex offender registration (Aug. 11, 2015) – Forfeiture
Possession of a schedule 1 drug, (April4-5, 2016) – no conclusion
Possession of marijuana first offense. (April 5, 2016) – no conclusion

Arrest – probable cause affidavits:
Trespassing (Aug. 25, 1996)
Damage to property (2 counts) (Aug. 25, 1996)
Criminal mischief (Aug. 25, 1996)
Illegally possess weapon (Aug. 25, 1996)
Aggravated burglary (Aug. 27, 1996)
Public intimidation, 2 counts (April 24, 2000)
Criminal damage to property (March 4, 2006)
Simple robbery (March 4, 2006)
Theft under $500 (March 4, 2006)
Possession of marijuana (March 4, 2006)
Misrepresentation during booking (March 4, 2006)
Simple battery (March 4, 2006)
Aggravated burglary (March 4, 2006)
Resisting an officer by force (May 29, 2009)
Possession marijuana (May 29, 2009)
Possess stolen things (May 29, 2009)
Possess firearm with drugs (May 29, 2009)
Simple assault (May 29, 2009)
Offense too illegible to read in the record (May 29, 2009)
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Cog » Sun 10 Jul 2016, 06:48:30

WildRose wrote:Speaking as someone who lives outside of the US and looking in, what you should really be concerned about is that there are citizens in your country who are so angry with these recent unnecessary shootings of young black men by police, that some of them are willing to die to get their point across. People do this sort of thing when they look around and realize that nothing is changing, peaceful marches be damned.

This anger you are referring to is being whipped up by Obama, his Justice Department, and the usual race-baiters who thrive on conflict within and without the black community. The narrative is that black people are being gunned down unnecessarily, in every event where it happens. I dispute that that is the case.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Cog » Sun 10 Jul 2016, 07:13:14

In reference to Mr Castile's conceal carry permit or in this case lack thereof. It is unknown whether he had one issued from another county on not. In Minnesota they are issued on a county basis and not a state basis.

But regardless of that. Having a gun on your lap, as the officer claims, and reaching for this gun, as the officer claims, will get you deaded no matter what color you are. People who have undergone the conceal carry training know this very well.

I would have posted Mr Castile's 60 separate incident driving record but it is not germane to the shooting. The video shot by the girlfriend only shows the aftermath of the shooting and not what happened just prior to the officer using lethal force.

Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Cog » Sun 10 Jul 2016, 07:29:03

Since I'm one of the few on this board who actually has gone through the conceal carry training classes, I want to point out a few things.

First, interactions with police officers are a big part of the class. Some states have the requirement to inform on being stopped, Illinois does not but it is my judgment that if I am stopped while conceal carrying, I am going to inform the cop I am armed. I know my conceal carry status shows up on his mobile computer when he runs my driver's license. You don't say "I have a gun". You merely hand him your conceal carry card, along with your driver's license and proof of insurance. Tell him you are carrying today and ask him how he would like to proceed. From my discussions with LEO's outside of class, they appreciate knowing.

What you don't do is anything that makes the officer think you are getting ready to draw on him. Hands on the wheel.

Outside of a few people who shouldn't be cops to begin with, most cops just want to get through their shift with the minimum in drama. Shooting someone, especially a black person, is going to put their life through hell. Which is why I don't buy this whole narrative that its open season on black people. Ask Officer Wilson of the Ferguson shooting, although shown to be justified in shooting Mike Brown, how it all turned out for him.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Cog » Sun 10 Jul 2016, 07:44:44

Here is the girlfriend, Lavish Reynolds, smoking weed with her kid and Mr Castile in the car, a few days before the incident in which she filmed her boyfriend Philando Castile dying. Am I really supposed to take this woman's word for anything? Smoking dope in front of your kid should tell you a bit about the star witness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsQLFV_VWIU#t=716
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby dohboi » Sun 10 Jul 2016, 10:17:50

"The entire scenario is bloody woeful & seems to be spiralling out of control."

SG has it right here, as does WR. Most of the rest of you are just spinning in the wind.
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby Cog » Sun 10 Jul 2016, 10:30:56

dohboi wrote:"The entire scenario is bloody woeful & seems to be spiralling out of control."

SG has it right here, as does WR. Most of the rest of you are just spinning in the wind.

I guess your leaving will be one of the more protracted types of leaving. :lol:

Welcome back.

Facts surrounding the events seem to anger you. You should get checked out by the appropriate medical people.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Sun 10 Jul 2016, 11:17:27

dohboi wrote:"The entire scenario is bloody woeful & seems to be spiralling out of control."

YOU do not know that. NOBODY knows what happened yet. It is entirely possible that this man was shot for good and sufficient reasons, and in compliance with his police department's "use of force" policy. The possibilities run all the way from completely justified shooting to completely unjustified. As always, the cop will have to answer questions and his actions will be investigated by his department. It is frequently the case that additional investigations happen at the state and federal levels as well.

Your rush to judgement in this matter is appalling. In my view, anybody who is whipping up anti-police sentiment at this point is committing a crime themselves, one they should answer for. Including you, if one of the locals in Dallas or Baton Rouge reads your remarks in this Forum and goes hunting cops because of them. It is our duty as citizens to promote the peace and the rule of law, and to not promote violence.
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby onlooker » Sun 10 Jul 2016, 11:33:06

Wow, some heated debate here. This last remark by Kaiser makes sense. We should not undermine the police. Having said that we have responsibility as citizens of this country also to highlight and bring to light this irresponsible policing going on whereby police are acting hastily with deadly force upon mainly black people. Anyone who does not see the spiraling out of control is blind. All sides are in a defensive reactive mode and mistrust is rampant. This is not something that can be solved it must be ameliorated by the putative leaders of both sides and all sides issuing statements condemning violence and asking for calm to be restored. Entrenched positions and recrimination is not helping. All sides take responsibility for violence and vow to cease and desist from violence that is a way to mitigate some of this. Oh and how do the gun proponents feel now that the Wild West is becoming wilder. All the guns in this country is NOT making things better.
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby WildRose » Sun 10 Jul 2016, 11:43:31

Not promoting violence at all. I'm all for the peaceful demonstrations. Just saying that people have a limit to what they'll put up with, and when situations appear to be unjust and nothing is done, that can push a person over the edge.

Cog, I know a lot of peaceful people who smoke pot. In fact, I'd have to say that ALL of the people I know who smoke pot are peaceful. Using that fact to discredit the girlfriend's story is defamation of character.

She states that her boyfriend disclosed to the officer that he had a gun in the vehicle and that he was reaching to get his driver's license, etc., which was in his back pocket (where most guys keep their wallets). Do you really think Mr. Castile would want to start shooting with his girlfriend and child in the car? I highly doubt that.
WildRose
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Sun 10 Jul 2016, 12:23:04

Onlooker and Wildrose, I have a problem with race-baiters and racial demagogues. I also have a real problem when 93% of black men are murdered by other black men, especially when racial demagogues choose to focus on the 7% and not the 93% as are both of you.
The problems arise when other black men are whipped up into fury serious enough to begin sniping at police, who are simply doing what the rest of us pay them to do and want them to do. If you want to live in a place where you will be among dark-skinned people and without the protection of police, certain parts of Africa come to mind.

Understand, I also believe that we should question police actions, indict and prosecute and punish cops who abuse the powers that we the citizens believe in and entrust to our police forces. I don't have any problem with peaceful demonstrations, either. Nor do I doubt that these police shootings were inspired in someone with appallingly poor judgement, by those same peaceful demonstrations and the inflammatory rhetoric of those same racial demagogues.

I also have a problem with people who ignore the 93% and focus on the 7%. I also have a problem with minority cops who dischage their weapons more often than the white majority cops. I want to look at the whole picture, always.

KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Cog » Sun 10 Jul 2016, 13:26:13

WildRose wrote:Not promoting violence at all. I'm all for the peaceful demonstrations. Just saying that people have a limit to what they'll put up with, and when situations appear to be unjust and nothing is done, that can push a person over the edge.

Cog, I know a lot of peaceful people who smoke pot. In fact, I'd have to say that ALL of the people I know who smoke pot are peaceful. Using that fact to discredit the girlfriend's story is defamation of character.

She states that her boyfriend disclosed to the officer that he had a gun in the vehicle and that he was reaching to get his driver's license, etc., which was in his back pocket (where most guys keep their wallets). Do you really think Mr. Castile would want to start shooting with his girlfriend and child in the car? I highly doubt that.

You think its fine to toke up and drive a car around with your kid in it? Hopefully you don't have any kids. I don't care how many people you know that smoke pot and are peaceful. Pot, just like alcohol, affects judgment. Which is why it is illegal to be drunk or stoned when driving a motor vehicle. It is also illegal to be in possession of a concealed firearm, permit or not, if you are drunk or stoned.

As to Castile, we have no idea what he did. All we have for now is the unsworn testimony of his high-as-a-kite girlfriend. If I were the cop's attorney, and this goes to trial, I would destroy her on the witness stand just by playing the video of her toking up in her car with her kid on board. Is this really the victim you want to hang your protests and outrages on? Seems you could find someone better.
Last edited by Cog on Sun 10 Jul 2016, 13:32:33, edited 1 time in total.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

PreviousNext

Return to North America Discussion