Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Dallas Sniper 7/7/2016

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Citizens kill cops in Dallas protest 7/8/16

Postby Lore » Sun 10 Jul 2016, 13:32:22

None of that should get you shot to death.
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
... Theodore Roosevelt
Lore
Fission
Fission

Postby Cog » Sun 10 Jul 2016, 13:49:53

Lore wrote:None of that should get you shot to death.

It will if you do something stupid while carrying. Which is why there are rules about what you can and can not do while carrying. Carrying a gun in your lap, not in a holster, is stupid. Reaching down towards it is stupid. Smoking pot affects judgment. Put all of that together and you have a recipe for an officer misinterpreting what you are about to do.

What matters is what the officer thought was happening, not what the deceased thought was happening. I'm still waiting on evidence that the dude truly had a conceal carry permit to begin with. That will eventually come out if he did. But regardless, if you do something stupid while carrying, you can easily get shot by a cop and it will be a legit shoot.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Postby Plantagenet » Sun 10 Jul 2016, 13:52:38

Obama is claiming race relations aren't so bad in the US because we aren't having any race riots.

obama-race-relations-good-no-riots

Has he already forgotten the race riot in Ferguson where rioters looted the stores and then set buildings on fire?

Has he already forgotten the race riot in Baltimore where rioters looted the stores and then set buildings on fire?

Does he even bother to read the newspaper about the riots and looting and attacks on police this week in Dallas, Baton Rouge, Phoenix, St. Paul, etc. etc.?

Does he know the black lives matter demonstrators chant about killing police and some of them took advantage of the Dallas shootings to loot stores? Does obama know the police station in San Antonio was fired on today?

SHEESH!

Obama thinks there haven't been any race riots recently. This is almost as stupid as his idiotic claim that there isn't any Islamic Terrorism.
Last edited by Plantagenet on Sun 10 Jul 2016, 13:57:59, edited 1 time in total.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Postby Lore » Sun 10 Jul 2016, 13:54:14

Cog wrote:

It will if you do something stupid while carrying. Which is why there are rules about what you can and can not do while carrying. Carrying a gun in your lap, not in a holster, is stupid. Reaching down towards it is stupid. Smoking pot affects judgment. Put all of that together and you have a recipe for an officer misinterpreting what you are about to do.

What matters is what the officer thought was happening, not what the deceased thought was happening. I'm still waiting on evidence that the dude truly had a conceal carry permit to begin with. That will eventually come out if he did. But regardless, if you do something stupid while carrying, you can easily get shot by a cop and it will be a legit shoot.

Sounds like the other guy being black could affect judgment too? None of this has been determined yet, but why are you speculating that it does? Misinterpretation to me sounds like poor judgement skills in a job that requires them. Why don't you wait for the investigation rather than making bold judgements?
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
... Theodore Roosevelt
Lore
Fission
Fission

Postby vtsnowedin » Sun 10 Jul 2016, 13:56:27

You would think not but those are the things they caught him at ,not all the ones he got away with. The resisting an officer by force arrest is the one that stands out to me. There is a good chance the cops involved had struggled with him before and weren't going to let him get a punch or shot in.
A convicted felon that carries around a gun and drugs on a regular basis isn't planning on doing anything nice with it.
Edit to add:
Also we have no idea how much drugs were in his system at the time or what type if any.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Postby Cog » Sun 10 Jul 2016, 14:03:29

Lore wrote:
Cog wrote:

Sounds like the other guy being black could affect judgment too? None of this has been determined yet, but why are you speculating that it does? Misinterpretation to me sounds like poor judgement skills in a job that requires them. Why don't you wait for the investigation rather than making bold judgements?

I haven't made bold judgments like the people who are marching and demanding action. They have already determined the cop should fry for it regardless of the evidence. Just like the mob did in the Ferguson case. I am pointing out alternatives to the cop's guilt. Should the evidence come out that the cop was in the wrong, I will be all for frying him. But don't try to portray the dead guy as some sort of innocent saint with no culpability, because you got the wrong guy.

In a self-defense shooting you have fractional seconds to make a decision to shoot. Get it wrong and you go to jail. Or don't respond in time and you end up on a slab in the coroner's office. Cops don't have the luxury we do sitting in our comfortable homes and parsing out videos. Mostly cops do it right, sometimes not.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Postby Lore » Sun 10 Jul 2016, 14:08:54

Yet you are no better than them in making up excuses? :roll:
... Theodore Roosevelt
Lore
Fission
Fission

Postby dohboi » Sun 10 Jul 2016, 14:48:20

I don't know about the others, but what a legal observer who was present described about the incident in St. Paul sounded more like a police riot: " police threw smoke bombs, teargas and we're aiming marking rounds at a crowd of loud but peaceful protesters" Most of those in the crowd causing violence where white punks, perhaps agents provocateurs.

And now a bit of instructive humor: ALL HOUSES MATTER!! :)

dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Postby Cog » Sun 10 Jul 2016, 15:15:30

They were blocking the interstate not peacefully protesting on the sidewalk. Now who is being selective with the facts? I watched the livestream of the Minnesota protest. The protestors were given ample time to vacate the roadway. They refused and got exactly what was coming to them.

But back to Lore. The murderer of the cops in Dallas has a gofundme page. Perhaps you should donate to it.

https://www.gofundme.com/2detyqs
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Postby Lore » Sun 10 Jul 2016, 16:56:05

Perhaps Cog you don't have any answers, just old man rage. Living in constant fear of the "other" is no way to live.
... Theodore Roosevelt
Lore
Fission
Fission

Postby Cog » Sun 10 Jul 2016, 17:53:44

Lore wrote:Perhaps Cog you don't have any answers, just old man rage. Living in constant fear of the "other" is no way to live.

LOL. I'm quite content with my lot in life. Making some serious jack at work, live in a great neighborhood, and my comfortable retirement is assured at this point.

Its not up to me to fix the inner city black crime problem. Its up to them. I didn't create their problems. But I do enjoy watching white liberals get jazzed up about an issue that they had a large part in creating. doughboy got so jazzed he threatened to quit the board. He has since retracted that idle threat. I guess you could say the whole thing is amusing in a way. Except for the loss of life of those officers in Dallas of course.

I don't fear 13% of the population. If they wish to create a war with whitie, they will be disappointed in the outcome.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Postby Lore » Sun 10 Jul 2016, 18:00:49

Thanks for confirming my opinion.
... Theodore Roosevelt
Lore
Fission
Fission

Postby Cog » Sun 10 Jul 2016, 18:25:04

Lore wrote:Thanks for confirming my opinion.

I'm glad to be of service. I am a pretty self-less kind of guy. Let me know if I can confirm anything else for you. :-D
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Postby Cog » Sun 10 Jul 2016, 18:44:21

Want to know why the NRA has not commented on the two shootings of black men. A NRA spokesman can explain it to you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3j34rJytl8
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Postby Newfie » Sun 10 Jul 2016, 19:12:30

Cog,
Please read back about three pages to outlooks response on the causes. I think he has some good points.

Other than that I appreciate your mature response to this matter. You are a good spokesman. I wish you and KJ the best in your reasoned approach.

Dohboi,
There was a time I accused you of racism. You refuted my call on that. But I think it was a pendant if argument. I guess you are right that "racism" is reserved for folks who hate based upon race. Your hated is somewhat different, a kind of self hatred for one who does not belong to your "brown brother" clique. I don't know what academics call that, but it sounds like the first cousin of racism to me.

Other than that I'm enjoying life in Quebec. Life is good. It is quite a bit different from American cities, much more European in style. Very clean and prosperous looking where ever I go. They don't pee in the subways! No trash in the water or roadways. THOUSANDS of public bikes to rent and well developed bike trails.

I wonder how all this rage will express itself during the conventions. Things could get interesting down there. Glad I'm not in Philly anymore.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Lore » Sun 10 Jul 2016, 19:21:09

Cog wrote:
Lore wrote:Thanks for confirming my opinion.

I'm glad to be of service. I am a pretty self-less kind of guy. Let me know if I can confirm anything else for you. :-D

That's enough for one day, come again if you can play.
... Theodore Roosevelt
Lore
Fission
Fission

Postby Plantagenet » Sun 10 Jul 2016, 20:10:54

Newfie wrote:
I wonder how all this rage will express itself during the conventions. Things could get interesting down there. Glad I'm not in Philly anymore.

The Ds shouldn't have any trouble in Philly. Most blacks are Ds and Hillary and Bernie both support Black Lives Matter. AND if a BLM march goes to the D convention, the Ds will most likely just turn over the podium and the mic to the Black Lives Matter protestors if it comes to that, just as has already happened at a few D campaign events.

Cleveland is more problematical. Black Lives Matter has already disrupted several Trump rallies and BLM demonstrators have been forcibly removed. Outside the halls BLM has attacked and beaten Trump supporters on several occasions. Its not hard to imagine BLM protestors meeting R delegates turning into big trouble at the R convention.

Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Postby Plantagenet » Sun 10 Jul 2016, 20:23:05

Black Lives Matter supporter shot dead after breaking into policeman's home after having an on-line argument over Black Lives Matter

off-duty-st-louis-county-officer-fatally-shoots-intruder-after-Facebook-arugment-over-black-lives-matter

Here's clear proof that guns can protect home owners from the bad guys---even the ones you encounter over the internet.

Cheers!
Last edited by Plantagenet on Sun 10 Jul 2016, 21:29:32, edited 1 time in total.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Postby vtsnowedin » Sun 10 Jul 2016, 20:26:24

Unfortunately it would not surprise me to see two dozen dead outside both conventions. The cops have an advantage as they know the time and place but that still leaves them with an enormous problem.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Postby Lore » Sun 10 Jul 2016, 20:29:48

Plantagenet wrote:Here's clear proof that guns can protect home owners from the bad guys.

Cheers!

Just proves the point that guns kill. Statistically, though, owning a gun is far more likely to harm you than protect you. I'm fully aware that having guns in my home offers a threat all the way around.

The Myth of the Good Guy With a Gun
http://www.slate.com/articles/health_an ... icide.html
... Theodore Roosevelt
Lore
Fission
Fission

PreviousNext

Return to North America Discussion