Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Good-bye, everyone!

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Good-bye, everyone!

Unread postby Timo » Tue 26 Jul 2016, 10:06:43

Adios, Peak oilers. I'm out. This website has lost all relevancy to my interests. It has devolved into a playground where people can congregate to launch insults at each other to feel good about themselves. It has lost all connection to its original purpose, and i no longer wish to be associated with this website, or the forums. Visiting this place has become a waste of my time. But, by all means, if coming here make you feel better about yourself, the please continue to waste your time here.

I have asked Tanada to remove all of my user information so that i am no longer a member of anything to do with peakoil.com.

Adios.

Timo
Timo

Re: Good-bye, everyone!

Unread postby Lore » Tue 26 Jul 2016, 10:09:19

Bye Timo, I know where you're coming from. Say hello to Pops on the other side!
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
... Theodore Roosevelt
Lore
Fission
Fission

Unread postby ennui2 » Tue 26 Jul 2016, 12:58:34

Oh, shut up. You're part of the problem people are sick of this site. You and your condescending know-it-all attitude.
"If the oil price crosses above the Etp maximum oil price curve within the next month, I will leave the forum." --SumYunGai (9/21/2016)
ennui2
Permanently Banned

Unread postby BahamasEd » Tue 26 Jul 2016, 13:36:51

ennui2 wrote:Oh, shut up. You're part of the problem people are sick of this site. You and your condescending know-it-all attitude.

Yes, that's nice and uplifting
The total energy cost of producing and delivering a gallon of gasoline to the end consumer must be less than the energy in a gallon of gasoline for it to be commercially viable.
BahamasEd
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby davep » Tue 26 Jul 2016, 13:45:46

Best of luck, Timo.
What we think, we become.
davep
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Unread postby Plantagenet » Tue 26 Jul 2016, 13:48:14

Vaya con dios, Timo.

Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Subjectivist » Tue 26 Jul 2016, 16:57:20

We each do the best we can. Good luck in your current and future endeavours!
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby careinke » Tue 26 Jul 2016, 17:54:00

I kind of enjoyed Timo, but I could give a rats a$$ what he thinks of me. It's a little sad he worries about me wasting my time.
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Loki » Tue 26 Jul 2016, 20:32:09

Lore wrote:Bye Timo, I know where you're coming from. Say hello to Pops on the other side!

So what happened to Pops? I took a few months off and he wasn't around when I came back.
A garden will make your rations go further.
Loki
Expert
Expert

Unread postby AdamB » Tue 26 Jul 2016, 20:33:18

ennui2 wrote:Oh, shut up. You're part of the problem people are sick of this site. You and your condescending know-it-all attitude.

Know it all? Mr Pstarr has always struck me as nearly a perfect counter-indicative poster. He says it, there is a near certainty not only that he is wrong, but that the correct answer, facts and history are diametrically opposed to his statements.
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Subjectivist » Tue 26 Jul 2016, 20:53:46

Loki wrote:
Lore wrote:Bye Timo, I know where you're coming from. Say hello to Pops on the other side!

So what happened to Pops? I took a few months off and he wasn't around when I came back.

Life it seems is keeping him busy, he shows up every three months or so, hangs out for a week, and then goes back to the real world outside the Internet.
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AgentR11 » Tue 26 Jul 2016, 21:10:29

pstarr wrote:No one except a few trolls gives a damn about peak oil. I guess Saudi America has made a liar out of us me? sad :(

I've never understood the petulant version of an "I'm leaving" post. Its sorta like saying, I care a lot about how you feel about my presence on this board... but I'm not going to look in again to see how you responded. Have a horrible day!

Leave, leave. Return, return. No big deal. If the content of a site no longer interests you, find one that does.

Still, I think this board's overall diversity of opinion with regard to Peak Oil is quite rational; so you have folks that feel resource constraints will throw a wrench in the economy and break it in a very abrupt way; you have folks that think resource constraints won't bite before some other moderately related problem ends the issue; and you have folks that think resource constraints are a problem, but won't break anything in any kind of abrupt fashion.

Unfortunately, some folks mistake strident argument for making something personal or insulting; just because someone doesn't agree with you, or even thinks your ideas are ridiculous, does not imply a personal attack.
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Loki » Tue 26 Jul 2016, 21:50:26

Subjectivist wrote:
Loki wrote:

Life it seems is keeping him busy, he shows up every three months or so, hangs out for a week, and then goes back to the real world outside the Internet.

Ah, OK. I do the same thing.
A garden will make your rations go further.
Loki
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Sixstrings » Tue 26 Jul 2016, 22:38:24

pstarr wrote:Apparently the original purpose of this web site was platitudes and slights, real and imagined (the slights that is, not the platitudes . . . they are all to real lol).

That's all I get from this site anymore.

Well I for one, like this bar.

We got winners, we got losers
Chain smokers and boozers
And we got yuppies, we got bikers

I love this bar
It's my kind of place
https://youtu.be/-Fulz4ytZ54?t=38

We got doomers. We got cornies. We got Russians. We got Canadians. We got Australians. We got anti, AND establishment. We got right wingers, and left wingers. We got treehuggers, AND Koch brothers.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Cog » Wed 27 Jul 2016, 00:14:21

I can't give you very high marks on this board resignation. If you had followed these simple steps, your resignation could have been a thing of glory. I will repost it for your edification and for other's planning a resignation:

Crafting a proper board resignation is a work of art. Let these simple steps be your guide.

As you can see from this resignation tutorial, there are some key elements that should be part of any board resignation.

1) Pick a target for your wrath and weave it throughout your resignation. Picking the admins/mods is the usual way this goes. No one really likes them and there are always others of like mind who will appreciate you taking the piss with them. With some luck you can get perma-banned before you can get logged off.

2)Show how you are superior to them in all ways and would do a better job of running the board then they would. An appeal to the average Joe Six Pack user should never be neglected.

3) Don't lamblast everyone on the board but try to show that you have friends here, even if you don't. Trying to cause division on a board is always a good element of a proper resignation. People will think you are weird if you hate everyone. You want to leave with only half the people hating you. With some luck, you can get others to hate on the ones you targeted while you sit back and have a beer.

4) Tell people that you will miss the board but that you are moving on to a better place. Even if you are going to do nothing more than sulk in your basement. But people are convinced there are better places on the internet then where they are at. Play into that hope.

5) Refer to "We". Always refer to yourself in the plural when in full meltdown. It does not imply that you have a split personality, it will imply that there are others who feel the same way you do. This breeds distrust amongst other forum members.

6) Dig up old bad shit - this is a classic resignation moment. Find the one thing that the forum really hates talking about - then make simplistic narrow minded comments about it. Everyone loves a good dog-pile, bringing up old bad shit is one sure fire way to start one.

7) Pick on the girls. Always a class act. Find the girl that everyone secretly (or not so secretly) wants to get their hands on. Then claim she is actually a man, having sex with you at this very moment or simply dead. Any old form of attack is good. Make it a passing comment rather than your main theme. Some poor sap will make it a personal crusade to act as her white knight.

As you can see, a good resignation will have many if not all of the elements above and I hope it has been useful to people planning one.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Wed 27 Jul 2016, 00:32:14

Lol Cog...
The experience here is usually when folks really disappear they just do it, "that's it im out!" Posters are almost always back for more.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby Cog » Wed 27 Jul 2016, 01:31:43

I've have noticed the phenomena you are referring to SeaGypsy. Its sort of akin to a kid telling his parents they will be sorry when they are gone. I'm also not getting the whole "remove all of my user information" deal. Nobody will remember who Timo was in a few months or care that he is gone. If you don't like a place, then don't log in. If you can't resist logging in, then you can scramble your own password so that you can't log in. Here is how you do that:

First change your email address to one you invent or use Hillary Clinton's private email addy.
Second change your password by punching in some random letters and numbers in new password box while looking away from the keyboard. Copy and paste that new password in the confirm new password box. Log out and you can't get back in. Doing this while drunk or high makes the regrets the next day so much more intense. :)
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Next

Return to Open Topic Discussion