Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

New Forum Idea

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

New Forum Idea

Unread postby ennui2 » Mon 29 Aug 2016, 15:13:37

I'm at a point where I'd like to see a new splinter-group started ala Malthusia that is more of an invite-only hangout that doesn't tolerate nutcases or trolls.

Anyone with me on this?
"If the oil price crosses above the Etp maximum oil price curve within the next month, I will leave the forum." --SumYunGai (9/21/2016)
ennui2
Permanently Banned

Re: New Forum Idea

Unread postby Newfie » Mon 29 Aug 2016, 15:16:32

Once we got rid of all the nut cases and trolls Malthusian folded.

I like the idea but, for better or worse, you need the injection of new blood and ideas to keep it vibrant.

A sub forum? Sure, but keep it open.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby ennui2 » Mon 29 Aug 2016, 18:05:04

The problem is that the new blood tends to be the most misinformed and closed-minded. Whatever (who seems to have taken leave) was exhibit A. This is a reflection of the topics to discuss being least relevant at present. I'm starting to think if I'm gonna hang out with doomers that it should focus on AGW/overshoot and not peak-oil per se. I'm not particularly interested in the day-to-day discussion of oil dynamics because I don't think things are particularly ominous in the short-run. Therefore the only reason to post is to play whack-a-mole with ETP zealots and that has gotten dull.

BTW, Malthusia is still being hosted. I don't know what's going on inside. I tried recovering my PW and I got a PHP error.
"If the oil price crosses above the Etp maximum oil price curve within the next month, I will leave the forum." --SumYunGai (9/21/2016)
ennui2
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Newfie » Mon 29 Aug 2016, 18:36:44

Yeah, it's there but non functional. I check once a month or so. It's a pity, good site that served a purpose. I think all the bots trying to gain access got too much for admin who had a life to lead. No one, self included, wanted the role.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Return to Open Topic Discussion