Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Hillary Clinton Pt. 2

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Hillary Clinton

Unread postby Sixstrings » Fri 28 Oct 2016, 23:57:32

dohboi wrote:Sooo, just say it once for the record, 6S:

"I, like Hilary Clinton, accept the overwhelming scientific evidence that global warming is real, that it is caused by humans, and that it will lead to catastrophic outcomes if we don't control our CO2 emission"

Say it. Or are you afraid to?

Oh, you're a hoot. So it's not good enough I voted for her, you're gonna make me recite a bunch of Green Party manifestos too, just so you can giggle? :razz:

You're making me feel like Jeb Bush, in the middle of a Bernie Sanders hippie commune.

I've said all I'm gonna say.

If you need me to hug a tree to prove my lefty bona fides, then I shall hug that tree, Dohboi -- but only because HRC has nailed the US Constitution to that tree, and hoisted the American flag on its branches.

Other than that, don't make me say a bunch of really far lefty things, please.

I never liked Al Gore, but I like Hillary Clinton. That'll have to be good enough.

And by the way you keep misspelling it, there's TWO l's in Madame President's name.

(but is there no "e," in madam?)
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Re: FBI reopens criminal investigation of Hillary

Unread postby Sixstrings » Sat 29 Oct 2016, 00:46:22

Huffingtonpost headlines:

FBI FIASCO
Heat Rises On Comey: ‘Totally Inappropriate’... He Hasn’t Even Seen The Emails!... Clinton: Release More Info Now... Feinstein ‘Shocked’: ‘Appalling’ Lack Of Caution Near Election... Former DOJer: Comey’s ‘Worst Abuse Yet’...
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Cog » Sat 29 Oct 2016, 01:22:09

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Once again Sixstrings goes on a multi-post rant about the Russians. Predictable as always and he never fails to deliver the Democrat talking points.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Re: Hillary Clinton Pt. 2

Unread postby Cog » Sat 29 Oct 2016, 01:41:26

Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sat 29 Oct 2016, 02:25:51

Sixstrings wrote:
FBI FIASCO

How is the discovery of Hillary's top secret government emails on Anthony Weiner's laptop along with thousands of pictures of Anthony Wiener's wee-wee an "FBI fiasco"?

Isn't it actually the latest Hillary Clinton fiasco? :lol:

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Sixstrings » Sat 29 Oct 2016, 02:42:49

I agree with Marco Rubio:

Rubio warns Republicans against WikiLeaks: ‘Tomorrow, it could be us’

“These leaks are an effort by a foreign government to interfere with our electoral process, and I will not indulge it,” he told ABC News.

“Further, I want to warn my fellow Republicans who may want to capitalize politically on these leaks: Today, it is the Democrats. Tomorrow, it could be us.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/oct/19/marco-rubio-gives-wikileaks-warning-to-republicans/
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Sixstrings » Sat 29 Oct 2016, 03:27:03

Per latest breaking news, I think this thing is going to turn out to be nothing.

False alarm folks, stand down.

The truth is much less explosive. There is no indication the emails in question were withheld by Clinton during the investigation, the law enforcement official told Newsweek, nor does the discovery suggest she did anything illegal. Also, none of the emails were to or from Clinton, the official said.

Moreover, despite the widespread claims in the media that this development had prompted the FBI to “reopen” of the case, it did not
; such investigations are never actually closed, and it is common for law enforcement to discover new information that needs to be examined. ...

If the FBI determines that any of the documents that ended up on the shared device were classified, Abedin could be deemed to have mishandled them. In order to prove that was a criminal offense, however, investigators would have to establish that Abedin had intended to disclose the contents of those classified documents, or that she knew she was mishandling that information.

If the documents were not classified, no crime was committed. But either way, this discovery has embarrassed Clinton, even though there is no evidence at this point suggesting she has been implicated in any potential wrongdoing.
http://www.newsweek.com/hillary-clinton-emails-fbi-comey-donald-trump-anthony-weiner-huma-abedin-514918
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby dohboi » Sat 29 Oct 2016, 03:39:18

"...I don't give a damn. And frankly ..."

Oh my, now I have a vision of Newf as some kind of nautical Clark Gable! :) :) :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLnTWxpTQt4

And yeah, I didn't intend to imply that a ~3% growth rate (or any positive growth rate) was any kind of 'good' in any larger way; just that it plays well at this point in the election--unless Trump suddenly goes some kind of deep green, it's going to be hard to use those numbers as evidence that the Dems have not been managing the economy well. (Not that presidents actually have much power at all over short term economic trends, but there's a perception that they do, and they certainly tend to be blamed by the other side for any bad economic news or times.)
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby dohboi » Sat 29 Oct 2016, 03:56:26

And, not surprisingly, 6S remains too cowardly to say straightforwardly whether or no he agrees with his beloved candidate in accepting the overwhelming scientific consensus that anthropogenic global warming is very real, and is a very real threat.

Par for the course.

Perhaps eventually he will grow a pair and find the courage to simply state what it is that he actually believes. But not yet, apparently.
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby dohboi » Sat 29 Oct 2016, 04:16:34

There is a long held practice at the FBI not to release information right before an election that may sway it. They don't want to be seen as king (or queen) makers (or breakers).

This was a breach of that tradition and of that trust.

Is anyone here really comfortable with the idea that the FBI gets to pick who the next president is?

Note what Comley's position under oath was just a few months ago: "Upon completing this investigation more than three months ago, FBI Director Comey declared no reasonable prosecutor would move forward with a case like this and added that it was not even a close call."

Since the actual emails will not be released before election day, and since voting has already started, it is not clear how this serves the public in any way, other than sewing further confusing into an already insane election cycle.

ETA: AND...it turns out: "...the emails have nothing to do with Hillary Clinton, the State Department, emails sent or received by Clinton or the Clinton Foundation..."

So it's again the press and the repugs making a lot of smoke out of essentially nothing.

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/10/28/ ... -time.html

Further: http://www.politicususa.com/2016/10/28/ ... ction.html

DOJ Complaint Filed Against FBI Director James Comey For Interfering In Presidential Election

Sounds like it could be a violation of the Hatch Act.

http://www.commondreams.org/news/2016/1 ... rver-probe

Note also that isn't even about Hilary Clinton's emails.
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Sat 29 Oct 2016, 05:01:31

This is about Hillary, not Trumps Russia connections. Stop trying to change the subject Six. And it is not about Wikileaks, it came straight from the FBI so stop with that spin as well. Sorry you have already voted for the wrong candidate but that was the chance you took by jumping the gun.
Again I'm not voting for ether one of them so am just looking for the truth of the matter.
Oh and by the way I would not believe anything put forth on the Rachel Maddow show that was not confirmed by some reliable source.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby dohboi » Sat 29 Oct 2016, 05:20:22

The most important truth about this latest kerfuffle to keep in mind is this:

"none of the emails were to or from Clinton"

So these are at most going to be only very tangentially related to anything Clinton did or knew, and there's no evidence at this point that they are even that.

Also, technically nothing was 're-opened,' so the title of the thread is wrong.
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby Newfie » Sat 29 Oct 2016, 06:42:58

Title of thread is wrong. Agreed.

I would be bery surprised if there is mothing of consequence in this. If so Comey would have committed career sucked for nothing. Possible but not likely.

But we shall see what it brings. Patience.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Sixstrings » Sat 29 Oct 2016, 07:09:01

dohboi wrote:And, not surprisingly, 6S remains too cowardly to say straightforwardly whether or no he agrees with his beloved candidate in accepting the overwhelming scientific consensus that anthropogenic global warming is very real, and is a very real threat.

Par for the course.

Perhaps eventually he will grow a pair and find the courage to simply state what it is that he actually believes. But not yet, apparently.

I think the process is slower than what you probably think it is. And also, likely, the planet compensates (to some degree). Also, there's the solar cycles.. and the sun isn't fully understood as yet.

We've already talked about all this before -- why just because I vote Clinton, I have to recite your climate change pledge? :razz:

Doh, I'm not against it -- green energy is a good idea, etc. I support whatever Clinton wants to do, about climate change.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby kiwichick » Sat 29 Oct 2016, 07:17:12

seeing as I am old enough to remember Dickhead Nixon and The American Way of Life is Non Negotiable Bush , not to mention Bush 2 and the day 3 skyscrapers collapsed when only 2 were hit by planes, it would seem that Kennedy's and Bill Clinton's sexual indiscretions pale into nothingness in comparison to the desperate lies that follow the Republicans in the history books

I also seem to remember that it was Kennedy that prevented war with Soviet Russia , and Bush that declared the war on terror , which we are still fighting

on the economy , the 3 Presidents prior to the start of the 1930's Depression were all Republicans and GW Bush was President for 2 terms prior to the start of the current Recession

it has taken Democrats to start the recovery from both disasters

and no matter how hard the conspiracists have tried Hillary hasn't been convicted of any crimes.....unless I forgot something

just as Obama wasn't born in a foreign country

time to stand aside boys and let a girl show you how it's done
kiwichick
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby kiwichick » Sat 29 Oct 2016, 07:25:02

@ v....funny that the Fbi letter re emails is released just prior to positive news on the economy, which would slap down Trump again ????????????????
kiwichick
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Sixstrings » Sat 29 Oct 2016, 08:13:14

dohboi wrote:DOJ Complaint Filed Against FBI Director James Comey For Interfering In Presidential Election

Sounds like it could be a violation of the Hatch Act.

And, why isn't he investigating the Trump and Russia stuff, and why has he not issued a report about that?

Also -- Republicans in congress have BLOCKED Democrats from being able to investigate the Russia issue.

D's have requested the FBI look into it, but Comey just "won't confirm or deny" there's an investigation of Trump.

It seems unfair to me, it's like Clinton's getting railroaded while Trump is getting protected -- meanwhile, the concerns about HIS special interests, are far more serious.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Sixstrings » Sat 29 Oct 2016, 08:31:20

vtsnowedin wrote:This is about Hillary, not Trumps Russia connections. Stop trying to change the subject Six.

But, they are connected. BOTH candidates, may have special interests problems and pay to play concerns.

Trump never even released his tax returns.

And I believe the dailybeast article, that said some Republicans in congress were concerned about the Russia stuff, *but they denied Democrats' request to investigate, because they thought Comey didn't investigate Clinton enough*. So there, it's all politics.

And, R's didn't want to hurt their nominee.

P.S. But I'll drop it, and not belabor the point further. It's up to Democrats in congress and President Obama and his administration, to get tough and start holding Trump to the same standards as R's are holding Clinton.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Sixstrings » Sat 29 Oct 2016, 09:00:51

dohboi wrote:The most important truth about this latest kerfuffle to keep in mind is this:

"none of the emails were to or from Clinton"

So these are at most going to be only very tangentially related to anything Clinton did or knew, and there's no evidence at this point that they are even that.

Also, technically nothing was 're-opened,' so the title of the thread is wrong.

Right, I think the newsweek article I posted upthread, is a pretty good summary of what's known so far.

* There is no "re-opened investigation"
* It's not emails from Clinton, nor to her
* There's no allegation of wrongdoing

What it seems like, from what I can tell, is likely Huma used Wiener's computer. And maybe she did work on it, and perhaps that would be a department rules violation but it's not a criminal offense unless she intended to reveal it.

So, is that a little sloppy? Yes. Does it mean Donald Trump is a shining city on a hill, by comparison? I don't think so.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sat 29 Oct 2016, 09:50:24

Sixstrings wrote:* There is no "re-opened investigation"
* It's not emails from Clinton, nor to her
* There's no allegation of wrongdoing

*Of course the FBI reopened the investigation.

*The latest news says there are tens of thousands of Hillary's emails on Anthony Weiner's laptop. 8O

*AND of course there is an allegation of wrongdoing. That's why the FBI reopened their investigation. The FBI investigates wrongdoing---that's It's job 6 :lol:

PS. I assume the bizarre things 6 is posting is the official Hillary campaign "spin" being sent out on social media in response to the FBI announcement rather his own opinion here.
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to North America Discussion