Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Hillary Clinton Pt. 2

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Hillary Clinton Pt. 2

Unread postby litesong » Mon 07 Nov 2016, 02:36:03

litesong wrote:The kkk(always small letters) endorsed T-rump.

Latest news about T-rump's kkk(always small letters) endorsement. To combat the possibility of the kkk(always small letters) gaining free access to the internet, they have withdrawn T-rump's twitter account..... other reasons, too!
litesong
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Sixstrings » Mon 07 Nov 2016, 02:49:52

President Obama made a comment about that, he said Trump's campaign had to finally take away his twitter access. So Obama said "if Trump can't be trusted with his twitter account, then he can't be trusted with the nuclear codes."

EDIT: Clinton's favorable ratings now higher than her unfavorable:

Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby dohboi » Mon 07 Nov 2016, 10:23:41

NYT, LATimes, NPR and others are basically calling it for Clitary:

http://www.npr.org/2016/11/07/500706879 ... -advantage

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/ ... story.html

http://americannewsx.com/hot-off-the-pr ... bloodbath/

Oh Ye Of Little Faith, Donald Trump Is Going Down In Flames Tomorrow
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Re: Arctic Sea Ice 2016 Pt. 2

Unread postby litesong » Mon 07 Nov 2016, 10:44:40

Plantagenet wrote:Kerry will go on a private jet....I estimate Kerry's quick trip ..... will melt about 4500 square feet of Arctic Sea ice.

Its so nice that re-pubic-lick-uns NEVER take private jets & always go long distances on their bicycles..... NOT!
You can't calculate sea ice melts in any scientific way. You can't even get the mathematical units right! That is a descriptor of your lack of science chemistry astronomy physics algebra & pre-calc in a poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa. Have you voted for T-rump already, who is endorsed by the kkk(always small letters)? Game over.

Lost white racist, sexist, xenophobic, kkk(always small letters) endorsed T-rump has picked up his marbles & proceeding home, while his minions are left only with their jaws flapping.
litesong
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 07 Nov 2016, 12:53:06

litesong wrote:Its so nice that re-pubic-lick-uns NEVER take private jets & always go long distances on their bicycles.....

You don't get it. Both Rs and Ds take private jets and emit CO2. The CO2 causes the planet to warm in a process called anthropogenic greenhouse warming or AGW. The heating of the earth is a problem.

litesong wrote:You can't calculate sea ice melts in any scientific way.

Of course you can calculate how much heat energy results from CO2 emissions adding CO2 to the atmosphere and you can calculate the resultant greenhouse effect and you can calculate how much warming results from it---thats the basis of every GCM model and every estimate of Greenhouse warming that has ever been done.

That calculation is so basic you can even get a "widget" or an ap for it that calculates it constantly and in real time on your iPhone.

litesong wrote:...white,,,

Whats wrong with white? I notice you've criticized white people in several of your posts. Whats that all about?

Cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby dohboi » Mon 07 Nov 2016, 13:11:39

It sounds like some people around here need to do some reading. I'll post this here, but if we are going to go on, we should take it to a different thread.

https://wmbranchout.files.wordpress.com ... -tatum.pdf

The crucial piece relevant here is the distinction between prejudice and racism. The former is a personal perspective, something we basically all have and do to some extent. The latter, though, is "a system of advantage based on race."

Many Jews doubtless had (for good reasons) prejudices and hatreds against the Germans as they were being annihilated by Nazis. But this definition would say that there is an important distinction between those individual feelings toward an oppressive group, and the orientation of most Germans and of Germany toward Jews. The latter, by this definition, was racism; the former is prejudice.

Back on topic--Extent seems to be recovering now a bit, though still far below historical norms.

http://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby Sixstrings » Mon 07 Nov 2016, 13:12:11

dohboi wrote:Clitary

Doh -- watch the language please. That's not appropriate to call any woman, much less a woman that's probably the next president.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 07 Nov 2016, 13:20:42

dohboi wrote:Many Jews doubtless had (for good reasons) prejudices and hatreds against the Germans as they were being annihilated by Nazis. But this definition would say that there is an important distinction between those individual feelings toward an oppressive group, and the orientation of most Germans and of Germany toward Jews. The latter, by this definition, was racism; the former is prejudice.

You are suggesting that white people in America are analogous to the Nazis?

Doh, I must respectfully disagree with you. 8)

cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby dohboi » Mon 07 Nov 2016, 13:24:52

We've had dicks (not just but certainly including Dick Cheney and Tricky Dick Nixon! :) ) in the highest offices for 240 years and things are looking grimmer than ever. Long past time that we have a POTUS with something else between her legs. Let the other sex have an equal chance of totally screwing up for once!! :) :)
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby Sixstrings » Mon 07 Nov 2016, 13:38:58

dohboi wrote:We've had dicks (not just but certainly including Dick Cheney and Tricky Dick Nixon! :) ) in the highest offices for 240 years and things are looking grimmer than ever. Long past time that we have a POTUS with something else between her legs. Let the other sex have an equal chance of totally screwing up for once!! :) :)

Well it seems okay to call a man a dick, but a gentleman shouldn't use that language about women (not in public, at least).

Especially if a woman has authority, when you do that then that's like a racial slur and it's like saying "you're lower than me, you don't have the right to this position you earned, you're just a ____ or a ____ or a ____." That kind of language really isn't fair, it's like not treating the minority person as your equal at least, even when they've earned their position.

And, she's a GRANDMOTHER, and a lady with manners, so why use that kind of language?

Am I just old fashioned? :lol:
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby dohboi » Mon 07 Nov 2016, 13:57:19

I just thought it was a clever portmanteau https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_portmanteaus

Squeemishness about referring to anatomical parts has done nothing over the years to actually improve actual women's lives. The feminists I am familiar with are generally more than willing to use such words. It is using them to boast about commiting criminal acts like sexual assault that they find offensive.

But I will not repeat it if it is ruffling feather here, and I invite mods to delete it in the above post, if they choose.

(There now, is everyone feeling better now?? Can we have a Kumbaya moment now?? :) )
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby dohboi » Mon 07 Nov 2016, 14:09:00

Back on topic:

Hillary Clinton Is the World’s Choice for U.S. President

http://time.com/4560963/global-vote-hil ... d-country/

More than 100,000 people from 130 countries took the online poll
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby Sixstrings » Mon 07 Nov 2016, 14:12:05

dohboi wrote:(There now, is everyone feeling better now?? Can we have a Kumbaya moment now?? :) )

Yeah, let's just move on. :lol:

I was teasing you Doh, really I'm making a general point. It's like with Obama.. racial slurs really were not okay (and in my opinion they're never okay anyway), but when it's POTUS then one should respect the OFFICE.

What happens sometimes, with minorities, is that they'll OWN the slur word (like taking the power back). But just in my opinion, that's not really good either. It just perpetuates it.

In the case of Hillary Clinton -- if she'd never call herself a sexist slur, then why should anyone else?

She's a LADY, she has manners, she's a grandmother. People should have some respect, that's all I'm sayin'.

When Australia had its first female PM, the sexism got really out of control.

Anyhow let's move on, she's a tough old broad and can handle herself. :lol:
Last edited by Sixstrings on Mon 07 Nov 2016, 14:25:26, edited 1 time in total.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby dohboi » Mon 07 Nov 2016, 14:22:11

We can thank Trump for sparking a new rallying cry and identification among progressive women: "Nasty Woman"

Changing a 'slur' into a point of pride is a genius move, and if it has life beyond my post, I would hope that my neologism would have such an afterlife!

http://ijr.com/2016/11/729406-heres-why ... ate-trump/

http://www.zimbio.com/Celebrity+News/ar ... s+Scathing

http://www.dailyuw.com/opinion/article_ ... d5c57.html

final point--bsd has been a common term for men who are movers and shakers in whatever organization they're in (though it seems to have evolved in the financial sector). With HRC in the Whitehouse, shouldn't the term be bsc?? :) :)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... ing%20dick
Last edited by dohboi on Mon 07 Nov 2016, 14:25:43, edited 1 time in total.
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby Subjectivist » Mon 07 Nov 2016, 14:24:19

dohboi wrote:Back on topic:

Hillary Clinton Is the World’s Choice for U.S. President

http://time.com/4560963/global-vote-hil ... d-country/

More than 100,000 people from 130 countries took the online poll

All the evidence I need to vota against her. I want my President to put USA first and the rest of the world later.
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby dohboi » Mon 07 Nov 2016, 14:27:57

Ah, so you want us to be the laughing stock of the world.

I have a very conservative cousin who works in the diplomatic service. He was dismayed by the W administration because basically no foreign official could respect the Dubya.

It matters what people around the world think of us.
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby Subjectivist » Mon 07 Nov 2016, 14:45:40

dohboi wrote:Ah, so you want us to be the laughing stock of the world.

I have a very conservative cousin who works in the diplomatic service. He was dismayed by the W administration because basically no foreign official could respect the Dubya.

It matters what people around the world think of us.

I should give a rats behind what the stuffed shirts overseas think of me why, exactly?
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby dohboi » Mon 07 Nov 2016, 15:02:36

I see. You think we are kind of a separate planet from the rest of the world...

OK, thanks for the clarification.
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

PreviousNext

Return to North America Discussion