Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Carrie Fisher dead at 60

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Carrie Fisher dead at 60

Unread postby Subjectivist » Tue 27 Dec 2016, 14:58:01

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-38446753

US actress Carrie Fisher, best known for her role as Princess Leia in the Star Wars series, has died aged 60, days after suffering a cardiac arrest.
Fisher was taken ill on a flight from London to LA on Friday and was taken to hospital when the plane landed.

But a family statement said with "deep sadness" she died on Tuesday morning.
As well as starring in other films such as The Blues Brothers and When Harry Met Sally, Fisher also wrote four novels and three memoirs.

Fame, addiction and depression - full obituary

In a statement released on behalf of Fisher's daughter Billie Lourd, spokesman Simon Halls said: "It is with a very deep sadness that Billie Lourd confirms that her beloved mother Carrie Fisher passed away at 8.55 this morning.
"She was loved by the world and she will be missed profoundly. Our entire family thanks you for your thoughts and prayers."
The daughter of singer Eddie Fisher and actress Debbie Reynolds, Carrie Fisher made her film debut opposite Warren Beatty in 1975's Shampoo.
But far greater fame was to follow when she played Princess Leia in the original Star Wars trilogy, a role she reprised in last year's reboot The Force Awakens.
She endured a difficult private life, and has often discussed her years of mental illness and drug addiction.
What are your memories of Carrie Fisher? Did you meet her? Let us know about your experiences. Email [email protected] with your stories.
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: Carrie Fisher dead at 60

Unread postby Tanada » Tue 27 Dec 2016, 15:59:10

Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Tue 27 Dec 2016, 17:49:03

It figures that a woman would miss the entire mystique of Princess Leia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isS4Bv7PKRw

...it was always that revealing slavegirl bronze bikini, the stuff of adolescent and post-adolescent male daydreams.
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Cog » Tue 27 Dec 2016, 18:23:15

Just saw Rogue One today. The Star Wars franchise has made a lot of money. Carrie Fisher had a lot of demons and its too bad she went out this way.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby dissident » Tue 27 Dec 2016, 18:35:08

Yet another victim of drug abuse. It appears as if all celebrities with serious drug issues have early and fatal heart attacks.

The sad thing is that celebrities cannot really have private lives. In my name and and the name of the vast majority of "fans" and non fans alike we have the activity of a parasitical entertainment media which uses paparazzi to hound their "news" targets. Some people claim that celebrities should just lump it since they "chose" the life of "fame". BS. The "fame" is hysteria instigated by the MSM. There should be an open season on paparazzi and "journalists" who cannot find real news to report on. Fans that feel compelled to get into private lives of celebrities are no better than paparazzi and are not really fans.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Return to Open Topic Discussion