Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Happy New Year 2017

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Happy New Year 2017

Unread postby Rod_Cloutier » Sat 31 Dec 2016, 13:05:29

Happy New Year 2017 everyone !

At New Years it is always a time to look back and remember what was before, and those who have passed before. I found this end of year performance on youtube for the end of 1982; it brought back good memories for a change:

https://youtu.be/asf5vb9JAfQ?t=4s
https://youtu.be/srXIFrUrLzU?t=6s
https://youtu.be/2C6y_nnOYus?t=6s

(Not much to say for this last year)
Rod_Cloutier
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Re: Happy New Year 2017

Unread postby Newfie » Sat 31 Dec 2016, 14:23:27

Happy New Year to you and all here from Cape Canaverial.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sat 31 Dec 2016, 14:29:33

Happy New Years from Napoli Italia.

The locals started setting off fireworks at 6 pm and for two hours it has sounded like WWII out there --- continuous explosions. I can't even imagine what it will build up to by midnight

Here's Wishing everyone a catastrophic doom-filled 2017!!!

Cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cog » Sat 31 Dec 2016, 16:33:32

Happy New Year. Its going to be great, tragic, and hilarious all at the same time.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Sat 31 Dec 2016, 18:10:01

Cog - So true. Many thought 2016 represented the "interesting times" the Chinese warned about. In truth we ain't seen nuthin' yet baby!

Happy New Year from Henser lease south of Red Stick!!!
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby careinke » Sat 31 Dec 2016, 21:48:02

Happy New Year to everyone! I don't think we will be bored.
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby DesuMaiden » Mon 02 Jan 2017, 17:45:53

I don't know the new year will bring, but I suspect there will be more of the following:

1) more refugees fleeing war-torn and climate-ravaged areas or other catastrophe-ridden places in the world to so-called "safer" countries.

2) more terrorist attacks (we already had one in Turkey on January 1st, 2017 which was not too long ago at the BEGINNING of the new year)

3) more wars or continuous wars in areas of the world where there is geopolitical importance (like Middle East and Africa)

4) more environmental destruction and decay as more and more defrorestation, desertification, water shortages, droughts, floods and species extinctions happen.

6) more and more people competing and fighting over dwindling natural resources, as the human population continues to shoot upwards, and nonrenewable resources continue to be depleted until one day they are completely exhausted and economically unrecoverable. And evern renewable resources are used beyond their ability to regenerate and recover.

7) Expect more pollution and toxic wastes to be disposed into the environment as natural resources dwindle yet human population continues to grow.

8) Expect more snake-oil salesmen peddling (i.e. businessmen and corporate PR spokes people) to the willfully igorant public that alternative energy sources (like wind, solar, free-energy) and tecchnology (like electric cars) will somehow miraculously save this totally unsustainable industrial way of life. And the masses will get swallow it up, and believe in it because they can't accept the fact that industrial civilization is doomed and that nothing civilization does is sustainable. Of course, this is true because no amount of technology and alternative energies can prevent industrial civilization from collapasing.

Only expect trends for humanity's survival to worsen, while the willfully ignorant masses continue to enjoy the latest slightly-modified, gimmicky and planned-obsolescence-prone device and technological gimmick (i.e. the latest smartphone, latest video game console or whatever stupid and pointless gadget to be marketed to the masses).
History repeats itself. Just everytime with different characters and players.
DesuMaiden
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby slackercruster » Wed 04 Jan 2017, 16:17:18

May all your tanks be full for 2017!

https://danielteolijr.files.wordpress.c ... =814&h=600
slackercruster
Wood
Wood

Return to Open Topic Discussion