Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Anyone sick with a persistent cough?

Discussions related to the physiological and psychological effects of peak oil on our members and future generations.

Anyone sick with a persistent cough?

Unread postby Cog » Mon 02 Jan 2017, 08:32:29

Around the first of December wife came down with sinus drainage and a persistent cough. Since she works at a grade school, she is exposed to a veritable germ factory. I avoided getting this until about Dec 15th. Then I came down with the same thing. Not a cold per se, just sinus drainage, headaches, and a killer cough. Coughed so hard that I strained a muscle on my rib cage. Our appetites were not affected and we didn't feel particularly bad.

Both of us getting over this and now we both have regular colds where you sneeze and have to blow your nose all the time. Feel horrible. The cough remains.

Just wondered if anyone else out there is coming down with this persistent cough crud. One year this cough continued for months until the doctor prescribed antibiotics and it seemed to cure it. Bacterial infection?
Last edited by Cog on Mon 02 Jan 2017, 09:15:20, edited 1 time in total.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Re: Anyone sick with a persistent cough?

Unread postby dissident » Mon 02 Jan 2017, 08:55:27

I am having a similar pattern with my flu. The associated cough is distinctive and gets worse later in the day. I try not to cough as much as possible since the coughing makes itself worse.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Re: Anyone sick with a persistent cough?

Unread postby C8 » Mon 02 Jan 2017, 09:41:30

You can only keep a good microbe down for so long- they will have their day
C8
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Return to Medical Issues Forum