Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

The dark force discussed as a solution!

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

The dark force discussed as a solution!

Unread postby M_B_S » Wed 04 Jan 2017, 07:34:59

"Gedankenexperiment"

Thesis:
If it is only a "dark force" who gives mankind the possibility to leave our home planet earth in time, I would choose it.

You too?

M_B_S
M_B_S
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Re: The dark force discussed as a solution!

Unread postby Cog » Wed 04 Jan 2017, 07:54:43

Would I embrace a totalitarian dictatorship so I could leave the planet?

The answer is no.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby M_B_S » Wed 04 Jan 2017, 12:32:59

Cog wrote:Would I embrace a totalitarian dictatorship so I could leave the planet?

The answer is no.

Hi Cog

And what if your planet or its sun is dieing?

Whould your answer here be No too?

M_B_S
M_B_S
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby DesuMaiden » Wed 04 Jan 2017, 14:45:10

I think the topic of whether or not humans have the ability to colonize other planets has already been discussed. Can we colonize other planets in the future? The answer to this is a resounding NO. Our colonization of this planet (Earth) is already turning out to be quite a disaster, and we have plenty of food and water here. Modern humans (Homo sapiens) originated in Africa, and we've now colonized every inhabitable niche for our species on this planet. And we are destroying this planet and ourselves. Plus, the technology required to send humans to other planets is beyond anything we can ever hope to accomplish. We just need to come to the logical conclusion that Earth is the ONLY planet humans will ever live on, and we need to make the most out of this planet rather than putting our hopes in the false promises of colonizing other planets. Too bad we are destroying our only home planet, and rendering it uninhabitable for future generations of humans and other species.
History repeats itself. Just everytime with different characters and players.
DesuMaiden
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby M_B_S » Sat 21 Jan 2017, 15:33:41

@DesuMaiden

It could be correct that "We" could not leave our planet for reasons, but what if we create "Something New" which could?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hBQ0dR-j3s

Artificial Intelligence Propelling the Creation of New Innovation
M_B_S
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Shaved Monkey » Sat 21 Jan 2017, 20:25:37

If it was possible, the people who had the power and money to leave, to start again, are the ones who should be made to stay and suffer the consequences of what they created that made them want to flee.
Ready to turn Zombies into WWOOFers
Shaved Monkey
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby aldente » Thu 26 Jan 2017, 00:33:26

It is just this - a "Gedankenexperiment"

Wo hältst du dich denn auf derzeit Kollege?

Sicherlich im Osten !

Ich bin hier im Westen.

Im Westen nichts Neues !
aldente
Permanently Banned

Unread postby M_B_S » Sat 11 Mar 2017, 06:22:45

In the West there is something creating creation maybe a gods proof is made in our lifetime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQR_rR0xS50
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuS5huqOND4

Fiction will be reality or are we living in a matrix created by a holographic universe black hole?!
A whole Universe created out of nothing.

M_B_S
M_B_S
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Sat 11 Mar 2017, 16:23:45

M_B_S wrote:"Gedankenexperiment"

Thesis:
If it is only a "dark force" who gives mankind the possibility to leave our home planet earth in time, I would choose it.

You too?

M_B_S

If only watching "Star Trek" turned humanity into an advanced, cooperative, intelligent, meritocracy, enabling us to work together and solve most of our problems, I would choose that as well.

Unfortunately, that doesn't appear to be the case, as I was disappointed to discover as a 12ish year old, when it turns out that the "Let That Be Your Last Battlefield" episode didn't stop most racisim, by showing how stupid it was.

Somehow, wishing science fiction story ideas will save us doesn't seem exactly productive to me.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby M_B_S » Sun 12 Mar 2017, 05:06:03

Yes Dolores YOU are in my dream
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atlyEb3GCLM

@Outcast You mean this kind of cooperation?

Irony Off..
M_B_S
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby M_B_S » Thu 23 Mar 2017, 04:02:08

M_B_S
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby M_B_S » Sat 22 Apr 2017, 11:51:53

M_B_S
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Subjectivist » Sun 23 Apr 2017, 03:39:16

Squilliam wrote:The problem with colonising other worlds is that even if they have plant and animal life you probably can't eat them. They would have the equivalent of vitamins, minerals etc that would be incompatible with your own physiology. The only options would be to engineer the people to fit the environment, or the environment to fit the people and both have pretty major issues.

Strange dea, minerals are the same no matter where you are.

For plants and animals, organic molecules come in two varieties, left and right. If you eat protiens that are curved the wrong way your digestive system has a hard time breaking them down because the enzymes don't couple with their shapes. Even worse the part you do break down and absorb has to be modified from its existing bend to your curve in order to properly be used by your biological machinery, and that requires energy.

A number of papers and stories have been written on the topic because it could be a serious problem. If all life is random and evolved independently as some claim then half the life bearing worlds should fit in each of the two catagories and a few should have both types. If on the other hand God provided Panspermia by spreading spores through the galaxy then nearly all life will have evolved from the same base molecular pattern and most planets will have compatible chemistry.
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Kylon » Mon 01 May 2017, 23:33:37

Supposing you could get to those planets, there is a solution.

You create a bacteria that can digest the life forms of the new world your colonizing.

As it destroys all the life of the new world your colonizing, then it runs out of food and dies. However, this life eating bacteria, when it dies, leaves behind nutrients, which act as fertilizer for Earth based lifeforms to colonize the new world with.

From there you plant Kudzu, and Earth microbes and fast growing plants to create a new ecosystem, that's similar to Earth.
Kylon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby aldente » Sat 17 Jun 2017, 03:10:17

did you guys never ever loosen up and listen to something crazy like the Project Camelot interviews for instance??

These crossed my path when the were already on the way out back in 2011 or so.

Since having been an English language instructor in Asia (just as James Corbett started out) and with the critical German mindset it never, ever "occurred to me" to give the concepts any credence (I have never seen a UFO), - these interviews can totally be absorbed on the level of intelligence (in the original sense of the word, before it got hi-jacked by an American political agency).

We few Germans that were swept into these Asian backwaters 20 years ago kept our focus on a "lost war" (disputed by the rogue dark but superb speaker douglas Dietrich) were glad to be accepted as "English instructors", having just learned the language ourselfes - then again, making it much easier to explain for learning as compared to "native speakers".

Nevertheless, the point being and to be made here is:

You can dive into anything (a language, religion or similar massive matter) without the claim to standing by its supposed creeds. Adaptability exceeds dogma anytime.
aldente
Permanently Banned

Unread postby M_B_S » Wed 21 Jun 2017, 16:16:13

Hawking says continued existence of humanity relies on space colonisation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ2Z43uBy1k

Renowned English theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking stressed the importance of space exploration and the colonisation of other planets in order to sustain human development, speaking during a video conference address at the Starmus Festival in Trondheim.

Stephen Hawking: it’s time to get the hell off planet Earth
https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/ ... er-planets
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoAzpa1x7jU
BLADE RUNNER - I ve seen things you people wouldn't believe...
:!:
=> Goethe Prometheus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAFmidV0hUk
M_B_S
M_B_S
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Return to Open Topic Discussion