Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Some Hate Crimes Are More Equal Than Others

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Sat 07 Jan 2017, 16:28:59

By DANIEL J. FLYNN, January 6, 2017, 12:04 am

Not all hate crimes are created equal.

This pertains even to those hate crimes created out of whole cloth, which receive a privileged status when furthering the perceived aims of the underprivileged. The ideological commitment to the idea of systemic inequality nudges popular media to popularize hate crimes, no matter how specious, that propel this narrative while downplaying ones that undermine it.

In Obama’s hometown, cops this week arrested four African-Americans accused of torturing a special needs, white student for a period up to 48 hours. On an antisocial video posted to social media, the assailants shout “F— white people!” and “F— Donald Trump!” as they cut the bound and gagged victim’s hair with a knife. They forced him to drink from a toilet and to denounce Trump and whites.

If only this occurred at Abu Ghraib or Guantanamo Bay and not Rahm Emanuel’s Chicago, then the victim might enjoy more full-throated support. As it stands, many journalists who normally salivate over torture or hate-crime stories claim their right to remain silent here.

CNN’s main article on this matter on their site early Thursday afternoon focused on rebutting the notion that Black Lives Matter played a role in the event. The network’s Don Lemon, perhaps still not thinking clearly since his on-air New Year’s Eve adventure, acknowledged the inhumanity of the prolonged attack but rejected a characterization of it as evil. “I don’t think it’s evil,” he said. “I think these are young people and I think they have bad home training.”

If four whites tortured an African-American special needs student in the Trump Tower while demanding he denounce Barack Obama, would Don Lemmon denounce that event as the product of “bad home training”?

In the approach to the 2016 election, prophecies abounded about increasing hate crimes against Muslims and people of color should Trump win. He did, and on cue, several victims from central casting assumed their roles.

Yasmin Seweid, a beautiful 18-year-old Muslim, spun a tale of a trio of Trump supporters hassling her on a Manhattan train as passengers looked the other way. “Three white racists ripped the straps off my bag & attempted to yank my hijab off my head,” she wrote on Facebook. “They yelled such disgusting slurs at me, I was so helpless and felt defenseless.”

Though nobody attempted to rip off her hijab, somebody shaved her head, when police revealed she invented the ruse to escape punishment for violating curfew with a Christian boy.

The Daily Beast responded to an arson at a Mississippi church spray-painted “Vote Trump” with the headline: “A Burned Down Black Church Shows President Trump Wouldn’t Condemn His Own Terrorists.” It turns out, a black parishioner torched the church.

They fit the narrative even if their “facts” clashed with reality. So, the Fourth Estate fell over itself in reporting on the pseudo-events and what they meant for “Trump’s America.” Chicago’s shocking torture didn’t, so they turned their backs like those nonexistent Bad Samaritans on Yasmin Seweid’s train.

The revolting episode in Chicago undermines the whole notion of hate crimes in a manner more consequential than the obvious double standards. Binding, beating, and berating a special needs youngster strikes normal people as terribly horrific. Does tagging it with the word “hate” make it any more of a hateful crime? In most instances, “hate crime” comes across as a terrible redundancy. Crimes of a violent nature generally involve some degree of hatred, and the Chicago police department’s initial hedging on “whether or not this is sincere or stupid ranting and raving” demonstrates the degree to which the legal system must delve into the thoughts of perpetrators — not always an easy task — to determine if the charges pass muster with the law.

Perhaps worst of all, hate crimes stoke the hate they seek to extinguish. By pitting whites vs. blacks or vice versa, the often arbitrary classification inflames racial recriminations. This occurs both when the legal system refuses to classify hate-filled crimes as hate crimes and when they do so. Four individuals, not an entire race, tortured this unfortunate kid in Chicago.

Original is at: https://spectator.org/some-hate-crimes-are-more-equal-than-others/
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Re: Some Hate Crimes Are More Equal Than Others

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sat 07 Jan 2017, 16:52:25

Some liberals believe it is impossible for blacks to be racists, since blacks are victims of a racist white system. IMHO charging the four thugs who kidnapped and assaulted the special needs guy with hate crimes is good because it helps chip away at the idea that only white people are racist. IMHO Racism ican actually occur in people from all racial/ethnic groups.

Cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Re: Some Hate Crimes Are More Equal Than Others

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Sat 07 Jan 2017, 18:23:13

Plantagenet wrote:Some liberals believe it is impossible for blacks to be racists, since blacks are victims of a racist white system. IMHO charging the four thugs who kidnapped and assaulted the special needs guy with hate crimes is good because it helps chip away at the idea that only white people are racist. IMHO Racism ican actually occur in people from all racial/ethnic groups.

Cheers!

I have lived in the Silicon Valley for 31 years. Granted that this is a very "progressive" (as if that were a good thing) place, but during that time, the only real, hate-spewing racists I have met have been non-whites. They have been Black, Hispanic, and Asian.

There, I just repeated one of the things you cannot say in America: Minorities are more racist than Whites. In fact, white racism ended decades back for all practical purposes. Minority racism continues, and is being blessed and encouraged by the media double standards.
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Return to Open Topic Discussion