Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Demons

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Demons

Unread postby aldente » Fri 20 Jan 2017, 08:06:53

any input?

No idea from my side - if anyone would like any graphic input I am glad to contribute - however - not sure if I am welcome on this forum any longer anyways.

O'h, not to forget and to stay on topic - myself - no demonic possession, however - awareness of possession of others in vicinity - goal: remove unwarranted spirits.

I befriend all spirits !

aldente
Permanently Banned

Re: Demons

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Sat 21 Jan 2017, 13:19:05

Did someone chastise you? You don't appear to be banned. And now hurt feelings? Hmm, no one here is immune from being criticized. Even the Rockman has been rarely criticized but it didn't bother him at all because he knew they were just teasing and didn't mean it.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cog » Sat 21 Jan 2017, 13:23:17

If you want to observe demon possession just look up the women's march on Washington today.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby evilgenius » Tue 24 Jan 2017, 14:08:20

Are you serious? Because the bible merely says that 'Satan' means adversary. Man is the adversary. Those passages you might read in scripture that are supposed to refer to some devil can just as easily be interpreted as referring to Adam. That 'Star of the morning' passage and others like it are what I am talking about. In that sense it is very likely that what is meant by demonic possession is that a person's very human spirit has overridden their human understanding of who they are. Whom one understands themselves to be and whom one really is can be two different things. That is to say that past trauma, the most likely candidate but not necessarily the only culprit, has very likely reverberated throughout the subconsciousness of that person and essentially caused their spirit, which is normally integrated within their self-understanding, to separate and operate as an other, taking over the person to one degree or another. In short, it is a manifestation of a person who does not understand their self. The way to salvation is to grapple with what makes one up, with honesty and forgiveness. What makes the Jesus story in the wilderness so important is that he spent that time grappling with His human side, and came to put it in its proper place. His struggle serves as a blueprint for everybody else's. In like manner, when the Book of Revelation mentions that Satan will be bound for a thousand years it is stating something about overcoming the basic rebelliousness or selfishness within ourselves. It's the shedding of that which permits the rule of the millennium. In the true spirit of prophecy, that it is about God trying to tell man what God would like to tell man, and not about predicting the future, you can take those teachings as a literal glimpse of the future or as a guide for liberating yourself from what you don't understand about yourself, but need to.
evilgenius
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Cog » Tue 24 Jan 2017, 15:06:22

Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. James 2:19
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Plantagenet » Tue 24 Jan 2017, 16:23:31

I aint afraid of no ghosts
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cog » Tue 24 Jan 2017, 16:44:20

Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby aldente » Thu 26 Jan 2017, 00:27:20

ok, back as normal..

but hey guys - this is getting surreal -

abiotic is now official!!!

check out Clif High and Mel Fabregas on Veritas.

So it is
aldente
Permanently Banned

Unread postby evilgenius » Thu 26 Jan 2017, 13:14:55

Well, when you put up such a cryptic post it makes one wonder. It suggested you, or someone you knew, was having the kind of problems that sometimes people call demonic. I wanted to say that those kinds of things aren't necessarily the sort of thing that therapy, or even self-help, can't deal with. Demons are only as powerful as the demon possessed make them, so to speak. We get into trouble when we label God according to either ancient structures or what we dream God must be like with strict rules and judgement. We write God out of where we are going sometimes, when He has been there the whole time, especially when it comes to offering us a better self-understanding.
evilgenius
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby MD » Thu 26 Jan 2017, 13:36:24

if your aren't dangerous to yourself or others, then be a vision master. If you are having dark thoughts, of any sort, then seek help. Please
Stop filling dumpsters, as much as you possibly can, and everything will get better.

Just think it through.
It's not hard to do.
MD
COB
COB

Unread postby aldente » Sat 28 Jan 2017, 03:04:26

cog is an ass - since he obviously does not understand subtelties

a picture does not to be "all in your face"-

but can be smilingly small to have an effect

aldente
Permanently Banned

Unread postby aldente » Sat 28 Jan 2017, 03:06:36

Plantangenet understands!!

aldente
Permanently Banned

Unread postby aldente » Sat 28 Jan 2017, 03:11:50

forgot to address evigenius,our latest poster:
Jesus was gay !

aldente
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Tanada » Sat 28 Jan 2017, 10:03:25

Enough with the trolling Aldente, consider this your public warning. You are clearly going out of your way to annoy people to get reactions.
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby evilgenius » Sat 28 Jan 2017, 11:50:29

aldente wrote:forgot to address evigenius,our latest poster:
Jesus was gay !

You're looking for a rise! The short answer is, does it matter? The long answer is, don't confuse grace with weakness. The fundamentalists are fond of grace (unmerited favor) as long as it is something they can claim for themselves without reservation - due to their faith. They don't, however, find it so easy to give. When you can see that someone else, probably someone you don't even know (maybe even the worst sort of sinner), can achieve something that may be important to them and all it takes is for you to tweak something only you can, to move in some new way momentarily that you can see will bring about their desired result you can give grace, or not. Nobody has to know.

Are you trying to say that simply because Jesus was not a punk who sought to prank his fellow man at every turn for his own personal amusement, or downplay those who had little to magnify himself that he was gay? You have a lot to learn about the nature of selfishness. It isn't, for instance, tied to one's sexuality. Plenty of queer people are mean and greedy, depressed or forlorn, abusers of themselves and others. Selfishness itself can teach you, if you want to stick to that route, through failure. Only a fool or a nihilist won't learn from their mistakes. You'd be better off, though, paying attention.
evilgenius
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Ferretlover » Sat 28 Jan 2017, 22:54:46

aldente wrote:ok, back as normal... So it is
Everyone is entitled to their beliefs--no matter how right or wrong they might be. HOWEVER, it is not necessary to bore, attack or try to shove your beliefs "down the throats of others," no matter how close to Orwell's 1984 it might seem to you.
It is not always wise to speak what is in one's mind out loud.
"Open the gates of hell!" ~Morgan Freeman's character in the movie, Olympus Has Fallen.
Ferretlover
Elite
Elite

Unread postby JV153 » Sun 29 Jan 2017, 03:59:12

This is slightly off-topic, but we do use a Gregorian calendar, don't we, which is a refinement of which calendar ?

.. and I don't know about demons, but I have seen a couple of apparitions, although these two were definitely people. One of them had an addition, and the other a subtraction - but I won't go into details.
JV153

Unread postby MD » Sun 29 Jan 2017, 15:02:28

a little free association goes a long way.
Stop filling dumpsters, as much as you possibly can, and everything will get better.

Just think it through.
It's not hard to do.
MD
COB
COB

Unread postby JV153 » Sat 04 Feb 2017, 17:41:50

Ferretlover wrote:o matter how close to Orwell's 1984 it might seem to you.
It is not always wise to speak what is in one's mind out loud.

Orwell ? We had to read that when we were in high school, yet another work of literature that's inappropriate to that age cohort.
JV153

Unread postby aldente » Fri 26 May 2017, 23:25:46

evilgenius wrote:
aldente wrote:forgot to address evigenius,our latest poster:
Jesus was gay !

Are you trying to say ....

I am "trying" to say anything here, I am "posting".

And no, it does not matter if Jesus was more gay than any Artificial Intelligence possibly ever tried to be..

We all are - at least I am - (partially for all we know) - going on, and on, and on --
aldente
Permanently Banned

Next

Return to Open Topic Discussion