Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Bernie Sanders for President Pt. 3

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Bernie Sanders for President Pt. 2

Unread postby Cog » Wed 08 Jun 2016, 23:51:31

Newfie wrote:I still think that photo looks photoshopped, poorly.

I watched the video. She throw her arms back and it makes her outfit bunch up around her neck. Its real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AREcFKhJ-iM

Always trust me Newfie. You will not go wrong.

Here is the original live feed and "glowing" Hillary broadcast by CNN

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/mat ... golden-god
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Plantagenet » Thu 09 Jun 2016, 00:03:29

Sixstrings wrote:
What's hilarious is that in the Republican Party, it was party chairman Reince Priebus that declared a presumptive nominee.

In the Democratic Party -- it's MSNBC that's in charge of that. :lol:

I thought it was very appropriate that the press announced Hillary had gained enough super delegates to become the presumptive nominee on a day when there were no elections and no one voted. :lol:
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Newfie » Thu 09 Jun 2016, 07:10:35

On the eve of the final vote.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Sixstrings » Fri 10 Jun 2016, 01:37:02

Well, Elizabeth Warren endorsed Hillary and is on a barnstorming tour campaigning for Clinton..

So it's like I always said it was. Warren is just a bit for progressive issues, but really she's establishment. She SOUNDS great.. but really, she's a party loyal person and that's establishment. Warren is just a bit of a progressive voice saying a few progressive things now and then, within a center right party -- the Democratic Party.

At the end of the day though, she's with the DNC and she's solid with the establishment.

I saw her on msnbc with Rachel Maddow.. and wow she sounds great, but it's just.. Warren is always a train that ain't goin' nowhere. It's all sizzle and no steak.

A lot of Bernie people are unhappy she never endorsed Bernie.. and they're unhappy she's endorsed Clinton now..

I saw this on bernie sanders reddit:

Warren backs Clinton. Don't need this anymore.

http://imgur.com/qAEsZIu

In other news, presumptive nominee Clinton was asked what she's learned from Bernie Sanders / how has he influenced her.. and Clinton said, nothing. But she appreciates his passion :lol: :

Hillary Clinton: Sanders Brought Passion, But Hasn't Gotten Me To Move On Any Policies

NBC's Lester Holt asks Hillary Clinton to name one policy area where she has been influenced by Bernie Sanders. She is unable to do so, but thanks Sanders for his "passion."
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/06/09/hillary_clinton_sanders_brought_passion_but_hasnt_gotten_me_to_move_on_any_policies.html

Bottom line.. the only thing establishment D's want from the Bernie people, is that gold mine donor list Bernie has.

They're real big on that.. they don't want his polices, but they want the names and phone numbers and emails of the million + people that have been giving so much money.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Tanada » Fri 10 Jun 2016, 07:20:22

Elizabeth Warren is the Ron Paul of the Democrat party?
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Fri 10 Jun 2016, 07:40:00

The Trump people will have a great time with the Crooked Hillary and Lieawatha ticket. :-D
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Lore » Fri 10 Jun 2016, 11:33:01

vtsnowedin wrote:The Trump people will have a great time with the Crooked Hillary and Lieawatha ticket. :-D

What Trump people? :lol:
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
... Theodore Roosevelt
Lore
Fission
Fission

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Fri 10 Jun 2016, 13:21:01

Lore wrote:
vtsnowedin wrote:The Trump people will have a great time with the Crooked Hillary and Lieawatha ticket. :-D

You can read the polls Can't you? Apparently they are not an endangered species. :(
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Lore » Fri 10 Jun 2016, 15:16:48

vtsnowedin wrote:
Lore wrote:

You can read the polls Can't you? Apparently they are not an endangered species. :(

You mean the mindless hoard? They don't make the news. They just post on the Internet.
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
... Theodore Roosevelt
Lore
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Cog » Fri 10 Jun 2016, 15:49:11

Lore is burrowed so deep into Hillary Clinton I'm surprised he doesn't suffocate from the stench.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Sixstrings » Fri 10 Jun 2016, 16:59:47

I've been critical of Elizabeth Warren lately..

But just being objective, I have to say that her last appearance on Rachel Maddow show was very impressive.

I was sittin' there watchin' that on tv and just thinking "wow, that's impressive."

The news making part of it was when Warren was asked if she thinks she's qualified to be VP:

Sen. Warren: I'm ready to be Cmdr-in-Chief
https://youtu.be/mEwRzv0ELXM?t=320

If she gets picked for veep (admittedly unlikely), Warren is actually such a strong politician that she would outshine Clinton. People would be thinking the ticket is backwards and Warren should be at the top of it.

I tune it out and it goes in one ear and out the other, when Warren is going overboard about Trump.. but I'm actually just impressed with just her, regardless of Trump. I like to vote FOR something, I don't just vote against something.

Here's a clip from the interview, about six minutes.. it's worth a watch if anyone is a swing voter or independent type or a Democrat, this was impressive:

https://youtu.be/myLWDaSLmrg?t=386

(I hope conservatives on this forum don't get mad at me for posting this; but you know, I'm not even a Republican.. a lot of actual Republicans are just "nevertrump" or have outright declared for Hillary.. at least I want Trump to work out and I'm interested and hope for the best about him, but if somebody else is also impressive then I'm gonna say that too.. this Warren interview was impressive)

P.S. Warren doesn't sway me to Clinton, at all.. she just makes me want to see her as veep.. and THEN maybe that would sway me.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Fri 10 Jun 2016, 18:18:54

Sixstrings wrote:I've been critical of Elizabeth Warren lately..

But just being objective, I have to say that her last appearance on Rachel Maddow show was very impressive.

I was sittin' there watchin' that on tv and just thinking "wow, that's impressive."

The news making part of it was when Warren was asked if she thinks she's qualified to be VP:

Sen. Warren: I'm ready to be Cmdr-in-Chief
https://youtu.be/mEwRzv0ELXM?t=320

If she gets picked for veep (admittedly unlikely), Warren is actually such a strong politician that she would outshine Clinton. People would be thinking the ticket is backwards and Warren should be at the top of it.

I tune it out and it goes in one ear and out the other, when Warren is going overboard about Trump.. but I'm actually just impressed with just her, regardless of Trump. I like to vote FOR something, I don't just vote against something.

Here's a clip from the interview, about six minutes.. it's worth a watch if anyone is a swing voter or independent type or a Democrat, this was impressive:

https://youtu.be/myLWDaSLmrg?t=386

(I hope conservatives on this forum don't get mad at me for posting this; but you know, I'm not even a Republican.. a lot of actual Republicans are just "nevertrump" or have outright declared for Hillary.. at least I want Trump to work out and I'm interested and hope for the best about him, but if somebody else is also impressive then I'm gonna say that too.. this Warren interview was impressive)

P.S. Warren doesn't sway me to Clinton, at all.. she just makes me want to see her as veep.. and THEN maybe that would sway me.
The thing about Warren is that she has been caught pretending to be a minority ,which she is clearly not ,to advance her academic career. So her work history is based on fraud and there must exist some qualified real minority which lost the opportunity to advance because a white upper class woman stole their spot. The character flaw that makes her think this was acceptable and pretend it does not matter as long as she makes clever excuses puts her well inside the Hillary camp.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Sixstrings » Fri 10 Jun 2016, 18:53:43

vtsnowedin wrote:The thing about Warren is that she has been caught pretending to be a minority ,which she is clearly not ,to advance her academic career.

In fairness, from what I recall of these stories, all that's been shown is that she listed it on her application.

I don't think it's ever been shown that she got a scholarship for it, nor promotions based on being a minority.

If there's proof of that, then that should be shown.

Vts, it's like I said in the Trump thread.. a boat needs a captain. Nobody is 100% perfect.

Warren's got leadership ability. One can see it in that interview I linked. She didn't look just vice presidential, but *presidential*. She has a "decider" style, in command, and she's resolute.

The reason *I* criticize Warren is because she's hard to figure out some times.. like, is she just a token progressive but doesn't ever have real power.. I think that's the situation, really.

And that ties into another criticism about her that I've heard, that she doesn't actually get anything done in the senate. (which maybe is not her fault though, if establishment D's won't give her power, though I'd still say she needs to buck her party and truly lead)

But regardless of all that, just me personally, I liked that interview on Maddow show.

That's just my gut reaction, when she DOES step up to lead.. she's great..

She seems like she really cares about working class and middle class people, so what more can someone ask than that.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Fri 10 Jun 2016, 19:03:50

Sixstrings wrote:
vtsnowedin wrote:The thing about Warren is that she has been caught pretending to be a minority ,which she is clearly not ,to advance her academic career.

In fairness, from what I recall of these stories, all that's been shown is that she listed it on her application.

I don't think it's ever been shown that she got a scholarship for it, nor promotions based on being a minority.

If there's proof of that, then that should be shown.

Vts, it's like I said in the Trump thread.. a boat needs a captain. Nobody is 100% perfect.

Warren's got leadership ability. One can see it in that interview I linked. She didn't look just vice presidential, but *presidential*. She has a "decider" style, in command, and she's resolute.

The reason *I* criticize Warren is because she's hard to figure out some times.. like, is she just a token progressive but doesn't ever have real power.. I think that's the situation, really.

And that ties into another criticism about her that I've heard, that she doesn't actually get anything done in the senate. (which maybe is not her fault though, if establishment D's won't give her power, though I'd still say she needs to buck her party and truly lead)

But regardless of all that, just me personally, I liked that interview on Maddow show.

That's just my gut reaction, when she DOES step up to lead.. she's great..

She seems like she really cares about working class and middle class people, so what more can someone ask than that.

That would be perjury , or at least fraud, making false statements etc. and makes her a criminal both that day and for every benefit she received from that crime.
She probably can't get anything done in the Senate because no other member can believe anything she says.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Lore » Fri 10 Jun 2016, 19:10:58

Trump has been caught pretending a lot too! :lol:
... Theodore Roosevelt
Lore
Fission
Fission

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Fri 10 Jun 2016, 19:15:59

Lore wrote:Trump has been caught pretending a lot too! :lol:

Oh don't try to compare one teem against the other to me. They both suck big time and we have no good option. :(
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Sixstrings » Fri 10 Jun 2016, 19:33:28

Lore wrote:Trump has been caught pretending a lot too! :lol:

You have a point there..

:lol:

I don't think "pocahontas" is any worse than Trump U and Trump steaks, nor him pretending to be his own publicist and he even had a alter ego name. :lol:

But fyi, I'm not off the Trump train either.. I like ALL the populist trains.. Sanders, Trump, Warren.

If Clinton wants to win this thing for sure, she ought to pick a populist for veep and Warren is the best Democratic one other than Sanders.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Sixstrings » Fri 10 Jun 2016, 19:49:55

Back on topic, a lot of Bernie supporters are very upset with Warren still, calling her a "sellout."

Nina Turner, former state senator that endorsed Sanders, was pretty aggressive:

Sanders surrogate blasts Warren: 'You don't get brownie points from me'

"when the fight was hard for Sen. Bernie Sanders, where was Sen. Warren?” ...

As one of the top progressive lawmakers in the Democratic Party, some Sanders supporters believe that Warren should have backed the Vermont senator.

“They’re gonna attack me for saying this, but I’m a truth-teller at this point,” Turner added.
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/283003-sanders-surrogate-blasts-warren-you-dont-get-any-brownie

That's a good point there she has, and I've posted about that before.. that Warren has not really BEEN THERE when she was needed most. She didn't endorse Bernie.

But, this world ain't a perfect one.. and really Warren is too liberal / anti establishment for even Clinton.. it's like 10% odds Clinton will even pick her.

So I don't ask for the whole world, if Clinton could do this much anyway, pick Warren, then that could possibly get my vote.

This is frustrating.. Clinton most likely will not pick Warren.. but there's so many reasons to, she really should. Only Warren can unite the party.

Bernie people are still upset though:

Bernie Sanders supporters decry Elizabeth Warren's endorsement of Hillary Clinton: 'Thanks for being a sellout'
http://www.inquisitr.com/3189696/bernie-sanders-supporters-decry-elizabeth-warrens-endorsement-of-hillary-clinton-thanks-for-being-a-sellout/

And Clinton world people are saying Warren is "too liberal" to be on the ticket.

All I know is, just me and my personal opinion, I liked that interview I saw with Warren on Maddow. That was a good one, I liked it, it stopped me from saying Warren is just all establishment.. so now, if only Clinton would pick her for veep..

Warren leaving Clinton's house today, after an hour meeting with HRC:

Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Sixstrings » Fri 10 Jun 2016, 23:01:24

Probably most likely Warren will be used to CAMPAIGN for Clinton, but not otherwise influential on policy and won't get the veep spot.

If that's how it turns out, then that's not good enough for me. Warren isn't the one running for president, Clinton is. If Warren is on the ticket, if she's making changes to Clinton's platform, then that would be different.

Otherwise though, I wouldn't be interested if Warren is just generally campaigning for Clinton.

Elizabeth Warren Is Set to Play a Big Campaign Role
Democrats see Friday’s meeting with Hillary Clinton as a step toward party unity

The Massachusetts senator is set to play a key role, both as a determined and pointed critic of Republican Donald Trump and as someone whom liberal supporters of Sen. Bernie Sanders inherently trust. Friday’s meeting also fueled chatter—highly speculative—that Mrs. Clinton would pick her as a running mate. ...

“The perfect person to be helpful is Elizabeth Warren, because she didn’t take a stand for either one,” Sen. Barbara Boxer (D., Calif.) volunteered when asked about unification. “I think that may be perfect for her.” ...

In their meeting Friday at Mrs. Clinton’s Washington home, she and Ms. Warren discussed working together over the coming campaign to advance their agendas and block Mr. Trump, officials said.
http://www.wsj.com/articles/elizabeth-warren-is-set-to-play-a-big-campaign-role-1465598520
Last edited by Sixstrings on Fri 10 Jun 2016, 23:13:07, edited 1 time in total.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Sixstrings » Fri 10 Jun 2016, 23:10:11

The Democratic Party derailed Bernie: How the establishment has worked to discredit Sanders’ movement
http://www.salon.com/2016/06/10/the_democrats_party_derailed_bernie_how_the_establishment_has_worked_to_discredit_sanders_movement/?source=newsletter

Bernie Sanders Fans on Reddit Lose It Over Hillary Clinton Clinching Democratic Nomination
https://mic.com/articles/145478/bernie-sanders-fans-on-reddit-lose-it-over-hillary-clinton-clinching-democratic-nomination#.r0I54rmhK

A couple things on Sanders reddit:

Senator Warren's 'likes' on Facebook are dropping RAPIDLY after her endorsement of Clinton..
https://www.reddit.com/r/SandersForPresident/comments/4nhelr/senator_warrens_likes_on_facebook_are_dropping/

Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

PreviousNext

Return to North America Discussion