Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

DamNation the documentary

A forum to either submit your own review of a book, video or audio interview, or to post reviews by others.

DamNation the documentary

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Fri 27 Jan 2017, 21:34:09

This morning I viewed the 2014 documentary DamNation via NetFlix streaming.
Firstly, you SHOULD watch this, both for the cinematic beauty and for the information therein. I thought I was informed, but I found lots of new information within this documentary.
There are also spectacular views of dams being dynamited, and scenic splendor in restored river gorges photographed from drones. Then there are the nude photography and the 16mm film videos of Katie Lee, aka "The Desert Goddess of Glen Canyon", who is an environmental activist who took a trip through Glen Canyon and documented it two years before it was flooded.
The documentary is informative and relatively even-handed, presenting material that is both pro-dam and anti-dam. It did not help me make up my mind on the issue one way or the other, but I am better informed than I was. Nor is this a simple topic, as dams both benefit a great many people and harm some, mainly sportsmen and Native Americans.
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Return to Book/Media Reviews