Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Physics General Relativity and Math are Truth

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Math is Religion, Pythagoras proved earth NOT a sphere

Unread postby daveflat » Sun 12 Mar 2017, 15:19:33

I WILL pay $50 (only to one person) to the first person who can logically refute that the beach ball example presented is WRONG! (should be so easy no?) I am not promoting a site or anything- I am in the chocolate business, name is David Hicks, Live in NJ. If you google me you will see me. I'm the dude in purple shirt talking to Luitenent Govenor of NJ. I am telling you something is wrong.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJBG3H7BTNk
Watch at 3:49---- If this computer animation and logic is wrong please point it out to me.
On youtube Pythagoras Proved That The Earth is Not A Sphere Shill Stoppers

Edit- To watch Pythagoras argument watch at 27:58 mark. All math oriented refutation.
daveflat
Permanently Banned

Re: Math is Religion, Pythagoras proved earth NOT a sphere

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Sun 12 Mar 2017, 15:51:56

daveflat, your name should be "one_note". The Earth is not a sphere. The Earth is an oblate spheroid which is modestly flattened at the poles and swollen at the equator, because the more-or-less round planet is spinning rapidly on it's North-South axis.

I can't even argue this topic anymore, I was 12 years old when I got my first telescope, and observed the Moon and the planets and the Moons of Jupiter for myself. Then in 8th grade I refuted my Science textbook and my Science teacher, as I was the only one who knew that Mercury was a spinning planet not tidally locked to the Sun.

You either believe in Mathematics and it's ability to model the Universe around us, or you do not.
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby daveflat » Sun 12 Mar 2017, 16:04:43

I hear you, then make 50 bucks easy, I'll let the mods decide you disprove whats in the video. Then I'll shoot you or who ever does it first $50 paypal. I'm not so great at math so easier to have to smart people here do it than me.

The only caveat is that you have to disprove either clip and POST the winning LOGIC in the video at 3:49 or at 27:58- discuss it amongst yourselves to decide who disproves it first then tell me where to send the money. I'm good with that, why spend time on the obvious if your not getting paid. With the added benefit that when either clip is completely disproven, NO MORE POSTS on flat earth or NASA.

I'm desperate so I'll do this. Easy $50 for the first person- and let I'll you decide the math wizard to accept proof. I know you guys aren't here to get me so I'll trust you 100%.
daveflat
Permanently Banned

Unread postby sparky » Sun 12 Mar 2017, 17:40:07

The rotundity of the Earth can be seen from its shadow on the moon
on the same day at noon , in the same hemisphere , a tall object will project its shadow at a different angle
the angles are consistent with a sinus curve indicating the Earth as a continuous spheroidal shape .
the other hemisphere has the exact mirror phenomenon
it's in your video at 26:34 minutes

Daveflat , the good Lord gave you a brain and you just wasted the stuff ,
sparky
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby daveflat » Sun 12 Mar 2017, 20:51:19

“There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation”

Thanks You to the admin and mods for allowing me to speak. I was not here to lower the quality of your board.
daveflat
Permanently Banned

Unread postby daveflat » Sun 12 Mar 2017, 21:02:07

Kaiserjeep, YOU STATED "You either BELIEVE (my caps) in Mathematics and it's ability to model the Universe around us, or you do not." Read the TITLE of my THREAD. THANKS!
daveflat
Permanently Banned

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Sun 12 Mar 2017, 21:23:22

You need to brush up on another concept called "causality".

If God exists, he created both the universe and the intelligent primates who model it with a tool they created, Mathematics.

If God does not exist, those primates created the many religions, each with some concept of God, and Mathematics and all the other tools of Science.

Math is not a religion, any more than is a screwdriver. Tools are what separate humans from the lower species, and Math is the most powerful tool we have. You must have some grasp of Math, if you count money. Math is also the tool that enables Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Astronomy, etc.

To renounce Math, or to decide not to try to understand it, is to decide to remain ignorant and primitive. It is also a skill mastered through practice, not an ability handed to you by your DNA.

Quite simply, one cannot master any significant understanding of the wonders around you without Math. Words are not enough.
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby daveflat » Sun 12 Mar 2017, 22:17:21

Hey Kaiserjeep, I do appreciate you hammering back at me. But REALLY LOOK at your responses to my posts. Early on you were ADDRESSING EVERY SINGLE question. UP UNTIL YOU PROVED that only on a FLAT EARTH can an aircraft fly at absolute level(regarding its gyroscope) AND with out ANY adjustment in attitude.

YOU help me prove that IS A TRUTH. I do NOT posses the knowledge of MATHEMATICS to do so, (I do have to assume your math was correct).

The NEXT STEP is to DISPROVE that PILOTS can ACTUALLY do that here on this "planet".
One starting point would be disproving what is stated at approx. 27:26 in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJBG3H7BTNk OR I or you or anyone here can ask PROFESSIONAL pilots if they can FLY there plane at 20 ft above water at absolute "level" (according to there Gyroscopes) with out ANY input regarding attitude (This should be IMPOSSIBLE on a round ball and POSSIBLE on a FLAT earth. I do know one professional pilot so I will CALL right now! Also if you prove the video wrong you win $50 bucks from my crazy ass.

Lastly, you missed my point regarding science IS religion I think. By saying that I am saying that in current science (especially physics) much rests on General Theory of Relativity, enough that YOU said you need to "believe in the math".....

I am NOT trying to be a crank. I have never posted this much(last 3 days) in forums before in my entire life, but the amount of weird shit that I have seen that does NOT get adequately explained (including satellites) is ENORMOUS!

THANKS!
daveflat
Permanently Banned

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Sun 12 Mar 2017, 22:53:05

Right now, you are overwhelmed. But the world is understandable when you do the math. Slow down, think things through, and go from there. Most things written on this network are pure BS. Nothing you can link to has any significance unless it can be independently confirmed.

KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby daveflat » Sun 12 Mar 2017, 23:19:05

Can't you see you are refuting the video without even looking at it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GEEEEZ!!!!!

THAT is why I want your opinion, there is NO doubt you are skeptical, which is just the type of person who I want to watch it, YOU will be NATURALLY LOOKING to DISPROVE IT!

In meantime I texted my buddy, who's brother is a professional pilot and flew in the navy, when I find out what he says I will post it. Good or Bad for my statement.

What part of the quote below do YOU NOT UNDERSTAND? You actually prove the quote is meaningful.

“There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation”

Read your last post. It is ABSURD. You just dismissed the thinking of MOST people on this network. I HAVE to THEN ASSUME YOU KNOW CLOSE TO EVERYTHING there is to KNOW. NO?

IT IS the STATEMENT YOU just made.

You have hung with me this far, I NEED your help to expose flaws in the video if there are any so that this case can be closed!

THANKS for not giving up on me. -David HIcks
daveflat
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Mon 13 Mar 2017, 02:32:10

The earth is big. Therefore the curvature is very small at the scale (a handful of feet or miles) the small distances a person normally deals with.

But by all means, ignore that. Ignore all the simple experiments you can do like take a picture of the horizon from an airplane and see and measure that the earth is curved.

Instead listen to babblespeak like this video.

This is the same kind of nonsense as various conspiracy theories and the usual anti-science rhetoric (be it AGW is a liberal conspiracy, evolution is a fraud because the Bible is "the truth", or 911 Truther nonsense, etc.)

All you have to do is Google things like "why does the horizon appear flat" and find all kinds of good articles and explanations for why the world isn't flat.

But don't pay any attention to that, since they guy blabbering about flat drinks and having to look down has all the answers. Sure. :roll:

Hint: intuition is NOT a substitute for science.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby daveflat » Mon 13 Mar 2017, 12:03:26

Outcast_searcher- you have not addressed not even ONE of my statements or questions. So far only kaiserjeep and cog, and some other dude have made attempts to poke holes but no luck yet, still all signs point to flat.
I will not respond to any posts UNLESS they directly address MY statements- if you don't like my rules which are very reasonable NO???? then go start your own thread about what a dummy I am, seems most here have made their minds up anyway, I was looking for that one person, I think Kaiser AND cog have a chance but we will see, they lose interest when I prove their answers do NOT hold up to scrutiny.

Does the above quote describe your reply to me??
daveflat
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Cog » Mon 13 Mar 2017, 12:26:30

@daveflat

I would like to offer some free advice so take it for what it is worth. Take an astronomy course at a local junior college. A night course which are fairly inexpensive. It will expand your critical thinking skills and permit you to ask questions about the science that is bothering you.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby daveflat » Mon 13 Mar 2017, 13:15:31

Cog, I SUGGEST you go back to School and and take a simple course on reading COMPREHENSION and THAN reread the thread from my first statement, with your new found reading COMPREHENSION skills you will see YOU are MISTAKEN.

More importantly you are the SECOND person who has ACTUALLY PROVEN my claim that Science HAS become Religion.

Can YOU with ABSOLUTE 100% CERTAINTY tell me that PHYSICS and any other voodoo math you want to use, DESCRIBES and PREDICTS how the UNIVERSE ACTS 100% perfectly?

" crickets " I will get NO answers to the questions in my post from COG, EVERYONE! Watch and see!
daveflat
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Ibon » Mon 13 Mar 2017, 13:38:44

daveflat wrote: I think Kaiser AND cog have a chance but we will see, they lose interest when I prove their answers do NOT hold up to scrutiny.

Look dude, you are not really invested in flat earth theory. You are invested however in drawing attention to yourself and thriving off of negative attention a well known pattern that you are now recreating on this board. Something you have surely done dozens of times.

Your a waste of time, are being tolerated for the moment, but your days are numbered here I fear.
Patiently awaiting the pathogens. Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cog » Mon 13 Mar 2017, 13:58:44

@daveflat

Mathematics and physics, at least our current understanding of them, does not describe the universe completely. But that is not the issue. Mathematics, astronomy, and physics do 100% describe and prove a somewhat round earth and its orbit around a star.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby daveflat » Mon 13 Mar 2017, 14:59:54

KAISERJEEP VERY IMPORTANT!!!! I just spoke on the phone with my friends brother ALLAN, he is a professional commercial PILOT and his statement DIRECTLY contradicts your PREDICTION of how he MUST operate the aircraft. He said that he could operate the plane over water at any distance or altitude that he can fly the aircraft perfectly level at ALL times without himself or the aircraft EVER making any adjustments with respect to the ATTITUDE of the aircraft because GRAVITY causes the aircraft to fly over the curvature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO who is right the PROFESSIONAL PILOT or KASIERJEEP??????????????????

Below is KAISERJEEPS explanation as to how an aircraft MUST continuously adjust for earths CURVATURE!!!!! CONTRADICTION ALERT CONTRADICTION ALERT CONTRADICTION ALERT

Postby KaiserJeep » Sat 11 Mar 2017, 18:16:18

The pilot - or more often today, the autopilot - is continuously adjusting the attitude of the plane to maintain "level" flight (remember that in this context "level" is not a straight line, but defined as a 90 degree angle from a line connecting the plane and the Earth's center of gravity) and constant altitude above mean sea level. In spite of Newton's first law of motion, the airplane will not maintain a straight line, due to winds, air pressures, and air currents - all which are larger forces that overcome the inertia of straight line travel. The "altitude" is really a constant distance from the Earth's center of gravity - a "constant altitude of 20 feet" above your perfect sphere would be a perfect globe-shaped shell 40 feet greater in diameter than the Earth itself, and located as to have the same center of gravity as the planet.

I am reasonably familiar with gyroscopes which are used in SINS (ships inertial navigation systems). The gyroscopes you speak of, which used to be precision high speed rotating instruments made by Sperry among others, are today much more precise "ring laser gyros" where light travels in a circle at "the speed of light". These can be entirely contained in one component soldered into a circuit board. Gyros are "rotation sensors", and if you took one entirely around the earth, it would point one degree in a different direction as you moved North-South or South-North, for every "degree of longitude" you travelled on the Earth's surface, a distance of about 69 miles, in the 24,840 "statute miles" of the Earth's circumference. Then 1/60th of that 69 mile distance is a "minute" of longitude, or a distance of "one nautical mile" which is about 1.15078 "statute miles".

Gyroscopes are in fact not directly usable for navigation, and the term "gyrocompass" is nonsensical, because as you pointed out, the axis of the compass is always pointing in the same direction. A "gyrocompass" actually measures how far the axis of the gyro deviates from the direction of travel, using the axis "zero" when the gyroscope was spun up, then calculates the direction of North, and points an electric compass needle in that direction. Movement is measured by another instrument called an "accelerometer". Today the ring laser gyro, the accelerometer, a 12-channel GPS receiver, and a computer to calculate your position on the Earth's surface, can all be built into your cell phone.

That's right, your phone is continuously calculating your position, both with GPS and with inertial navigation when it doesn't have GPS signals. This is done "for your own good" in case you are in distress and call 911 here in America, or for "the good of the USA" if you are a terrorist in Afghanistan, so we can rain a missile down on you from a UAV.
Last edited by KaiserJeep on Sat 11 Mar 2017, 18:23:30, edited 1 time in total.

KaiserJeep
Fission
Fission

SO WHO IS RIGHT HERE?????
daveflat
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Cog » Mon 13 Mar 2017, 15:25:32

KJ said exactly what the pilot said. "but defined as a 90 degree angle from a line connecting the plane and the Earth's center of gravity"

A plane flies a curved path because the earth is a round surface and gravity affects the plane in that same way it does every object within its gravitational well.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Next

Return to Open Topic Discussion