Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

South Park we are sorry :p

A forum to either submit your own review of a book, video or audio interview, or to post reviews by others.

South Park we are sorry :p

Unread postby sabashahid » Wed 19 Apr 2017, 02:52:42

So I am a new member and just came across this forum. I know this is not a related thread but I can keep that south park episode out of my mind in which BP owner came naked and said "We are sorry "in an orgasmic manner for destroying the planet and killing the sea life. Anyone saw that episode? :D :p
sabashahid
Wood
Wood

Re: South Park we are sorry :p

Unread postby Cog » Wed 19 Apr 2017, 06:13:57

This is a forum populated by bitter old men, who are living out their remaining years yelling at clouds and wishing for the world to end, so we can claim we were right about it all along. We do not have the time for humor and other youthful shenanigans.

Get off my lawn if you are on it.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Ibon » Wed 19 Apr 2017, 08:02:00

Hi Sebashahid

Welcome. Don't listen to Cog, he is ornery to the young ones because your vision is better.

We need more millennial and other young members here especially with their insights on how they are finding resilience in a society in decline.

The young ones may be pissed off but they are not bitter. Bitterness are all us baby boomers who were weaned on the Jetson's and Star Trek when we were young. Promises of a golden future. The young ones today are being weaned on South Park. That is your advantage. You start with dysfunction with little promise. It is up to you to make the best of it without illusions.
Patiently awaiting the pathogens. Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby onlooker » Wed 19 Apr 2017, 10:14:40

And Sabas you and your generation cannot afford bitterness. You have a new world to create hopefully bereft of the deep dysfunctions characterizing our current times
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 19 Apr 2017, 12:16:46

Cog wrote:This is a forum populated by bitter old menwise and learned elders, who are living out their remaining years are living examples of virtue and yelling at clouds wish to transit their wisdom and wishing for the world to end about the problems we face in the future, so we can claim we were right about it all alongour wisdom can help others. We also not have the time for humor and other youthful shenanigans make time to laugh and sing and dance and joke along the way.

Get off my lawn if you are on it.We welcome new members to our humble forum

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cog » Wed 19 Apr 2017, 15:41:01

Well played Planty. Lure them in, fill them with false hope, and then lay down the bad news.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Return to Book/Media Reviews