Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Squirrel Game

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Squirrel Game

Unread postby MD » Tue 02 May 2017, 02:22:20

We haven't had a game thread in a while. The rule is simple: First half of your new post responds to the second half of the previous post. Then you insert "Squirrel!" on one line. Second half of your post is a new topic. Any topic. Could be a picture, link, brief rant, whatever. If a post does not comply with the simple rule, you will bet a buzzer penalty, which means the mods will edit your post to read "sorry! Wrong answer!", and the game passes to the next player. Repeat offenders will receive frowns, glares, and angry foot stomping.

Squirrel!

http://www.nrn.com/marketing/mcdonald-s ... sandwiches has anyone noticed this ridiculous next wave of cholesterol/diabetes/sodium poisoning devices being marketed to the world?
Stop filling dumpsters, as much as you possibly can, and everything will get better.

Just think it through.
It's not hard to do.
MD
COB
COB

Re: Squirrel Game

Unread postby Cog » Tue 02 May 2017, 05:15:23

And then us old dinosaurs, driving the ICE machines, will stare down these new fangled electric cars much in the same way the horse and buggy drivers stared at the Model T. Was it disgust or was it amazement? No one around to ask I suppose what they thought.

But even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

Speaking of things that are blind. Why in the world, when you have a majority in the House and Senate and have the presidency, do you come up with a budget that looks exactly like one that Obama would have come up with? Outside a small increase in the military budget, no money for the border wall, no defunding of planned parenthood, no real changes at all. Its as if the Republicans are afraid to use their power. I'm annoyed and outraged but most of all outraged.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Tue 02 May 2017, 06:26:21

Well Trump has found that Congress is more complicated then Bannon thought and hasn't figured out how to get past the Dems in the Senate as of yet so bought some time to learn the ropes. But not to worry he still has 1359 days to go in his first term.
Danged squirrel is out on my deck teasing the cat at the window.
Had heavy thunder showers in the night. I have to check for tree damage in the sugarbush and erosion on that food plot I planted as the rye hasn't come up yet. Might have to do some road repair if the hill is washed out.
It is nice having summer days free to tend to such things.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Tanada » Tue 02 May 2017, 09:33:16

Going into our third day of heavy wind storms with pop up thunderstorms and rain showers for variety so prepare yourself for more VT, you are due east of here.

Squirrel

The forces of the conspiricy theorists are putting out even more youtube posts than usual about how the Apollo moon landings were all faked, I wonder what is driving this nuttiness?
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby MD » Tue 02 May 2017, 13:03:04

It's just the general nuttiness of the interwebs, or maybe a sign of the "crazy years" first proposed by heinlein, orwell, clarke, and other sci-fi authors of the last century.

darn those squirrels have my dogs attacking the screens again. What was I on about? Oh yeah....

Did you know the gulf of mexico has different tide cycles than the Atlantic ocean. It's very strange.
Stop filling dumpsters, as much as you possibly can, and everything will get better.

Just think it through.
It's not hard to do.
MD
COB
COB

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Tue 02 May 2017, 13:42:57

Did you know the gulf of mexico has different tide cycles than the Atlantic ocean. It's very strange.

Do you mean something more then the hour difference in time for each fifteen degrees of Longitude +/-?
squirrel
Thunderstorm last night over topped a beaver dam but did little real damage. The water level in the pond has dropped a couple of feet so the beavers will be busy tonight fixing the damage to their dam.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby sparky » Tue 02 May 2017, 19:23:17

The contradiction between gushing rhetoric and actual result is not an accident ,
the Gushing ,cheerful , loving argument are a dash of lipstick on the smelly pig of population replacement
Contradictions abound ,the more educated you are the more you want uneducated wage slaves

the squirrels are replaced by rats , called Siberian squirrels , all in the name of fairness and progress

the word peace is used frequently in the media so is the word debt
sparky
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Tue 02 May 2017, 19:44:24

Squilliam wrote:It hit 6 degrees C last night, or 42F, and the the high today is only going to be 18C or 64F. It's going to be a terrible night again for squirrels if we had any in New Zealand.

It's interesting to be there is such a contradiction between what the left proposes. Multiculturalism results in lower social spending and lower trust and less desire to engage in public life, and yet these are the things that they too also want. You can pick one or the other, but they seem to want both but get neither.

Not quite sure what multiculturalism is or means. Is cell phone culture different then crack head culture? Ghetto rap vs.jet setters? All inclusive including radicalized ISIS, illegal immigrants and Mormons and Jehovah witnesses. NASCAR, football, soccer, Suburban lawn competitors, Ivy league geeks. NPR or heavy metal rock?
SQUIRREL
Saw this story tonight about which states are the most heavily armed.
I call it fake news because it only counts the class A machine guns and explosive devises.
http://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/most-he ... merica/10/
They rate Vermont as #10 from the bottom as we only have 4032 registered (machine guns) which works out to more then a dozen per town. what they are missing is that Vermont does not register rifles , shot guns or pistols as we have a copy of the Constitution and know how to read.
In reality about fifty percent of Vermont households own a gun and most of those own more then one gun, (I have about a dozen at last count) so it would not be surprising if Vermont has more guns then people as they used to say about cows.
But think about it , take on a Vermont town with a population of 1000 people could field about 1000 guns and a dozen machine guns. :) Good luck with that.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Subjectivist » Tue 02 May 2017, 20:31:51

vtsnowedin wrote:Not quite sure what multiculturalism is or means. Is cell phone culture different then crack head culture? Ghetto rap vs.jet setters? All inclusive including radicalized ISIS, illegal immigrants and Mormons and Jehovah witnesses. NASCAR, football, soccer, Suburban lawn competitors, Ivy league geeks. NPR or heavy metal rock?
SQUIRREL
Saw this story tonight about which states are the most heavily armed.
I call it fake news because it only counts the class A machine guns and explosive devises.
http://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/most-he ... merica/10/
They rate Vermont as #10 from the bottom as we only have 4032 registered (machine guns) which works out to more then a dozen per town. what they are missing is that Vermont does not register rifles , shot guns or pistols as we have a copy of the Constitution and know how to read.
In reality about fifty percent of Vermont households own a gun and most of those own more then one gun, (I have about a dozen at last count) so it would not be surprising if Vermont has more guns then people as they used to say about cows.
But think about it , take on a Vermont town with a population of 1000 people could field about 1000 guns and a dozen machine guns. :) Good luck with that.

If you are a roamind raid gang in a post apocolypse those odds are grim, but if the Canadian Hordes invade military style you would be in a world of hurt.

Squrrels have been in and out all winter this year, too many confusing warm days mixed in.

My lovely guard dog is being driven nuts by the squrril family, they wait til he is sleeping and then sneak up within yards of him.
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Wed 03 May 2017, 08:19:31

Squilliam wrote:
I found out I failed a test worth 22% because I completely missed it. Ouch. Not a good day for me. Com Law 203 may very well be a fail.

I can't say I ever blew off a test completely but I was a poor student because I spent valuable study time chasing the girls one town away. Young people should be married before they enter college so they can tend to business in an adult way. That way by graduation time their children will be at least in preschool and the women can get on with their careers uninterrupted by maturity leave.
Squirrel
What Canadian hordes? The unarmed city slickers of Montreal and Quebec city have no more survival skills in the countryside then those from Boston or NYNY. the girls in the strip clubs excepted. 8O
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Wed 03 May 2017, 09:27:52

Squilliam wrote:Go to any strip club and you'll find men being exploited for their money by women squirrelling away all the cash. I went to a strip club once, and they sure know how to get that money out of you quickly. That's a real survival skill, get other peoples stuff and make them think that they took advantage of you.

The reason I missed the test is that I didn't see it on my schedule, and I cannot remember it being mentioned in the lectures. Maybe I missed that one lecture that would have told me. I saw an announcement today that said test papers can be picked up from the office. I was like WHAT!?!? and OMG.

When my daughters were in college all four institutions kept class information on a web site for each course. Day one course outline lab and lecture dates etc were posted as well as all exams and quizzes. As courses went on questions posted by students by email out of class were answered and posted on the site so all students has access to the same information.
Did you miss the memo or were you just chasing squirrel tails or just a piece of tail?
Another cold damp spring day here. Only the weeds do well in this weather.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby MD » Thu 04 May 2017, 02:52:51

Everyone, or at least most everyone. Has a quirk that costs them 5% or more.

Squirrels tend to duck the wrong way when dodging my car, in my experience, about 5% of the time.

Did you see on the news the college sit-in demanding a house be painted in different colors? When asked "why not just go ahead and paint it", the reply was "we're afraid of getting shot".

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Pr ... 74783.html

Just think it through.
It's not hard to do.
MD
COB
COB

Unread postby Cog » Thu 04 May 2017, 05:08:18

Speaking of international power balances, the rumor is that Prince Philip is dead or that the Queen is going to nuke Germany. Both of which could be true and I'm holding out hope the nuking is correct.

The Royals are probably as crazy as a squirrel but what do I know?

What I do know is the Brits have been great allies in spite of the unpleasantness of our parting ways. After 911, the Brits played the US national anthem at Buckingham palace and I will never forget their solidarity with the USA in our time of grief.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby MD » Sat 06 May 2017, 02:27:54

Solidarity among nations can be both beneficial and disruptive.

Kind of like squirrel colonies chattering tree against tree. Lot's of noise and motion, and maybe some cross breeding, but little else.

Summer time coming, and baseball season rapidly working it's way forward. Who's in it to win it this year?

Just think it through.
It's not hard to do.
MD
COB
COB

Next

Return to Open Topic Discussion