Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Kroger purified bottled water goes downhill bigtime

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Kroger purified bottled water goes downhill bigtime

Unread postby slackercruster » Mon 09 Oct 2017, 10:21:18

I've been drinking this stuff regularly and sadly built up a big emergency supply of it. Getting hard to find clean water nowadays.

https://danieldteolijrarchivalcollectio ... the-worst/
slackercruster
Wood
Wood

Re: Kroger purified bottled water goes downhill bigtime

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Mon 09 Oct 2017, 12:03:42

slackercruster wrote:I've been drinking this stuff regularly and sadly built up a big emergency supply of it. Getting hard to find clean water nowadays.

https://danieldteolijrarchivalcollectio ... the-worst/

Good catch. Don't know if it's dangerous.

Kroger does have information on their bottled water website, and does state that there may be contaminants, which may bother some people more than others. Sounds like legal boilerplate to me.

https://www.kroger.com/topic/water-quality

https://www.kroger.com/asset/bottled-water-info-sheet

I mainly drink tap water and use the bottles as a convenient, sealable container for refilling. But as a matter of principle, I'll look at his testing and try to get something cleaner.

Sadly, most commercial water could change sources and quality at any time, and not disclose it, as long as it meets whatever federal standard. Which probably means it won't make most people sick short term, but that's about it.

My electrician was having long term intermittent problems with being sick, and discovered that it was the bottled water -- by experimenting with his diet -- since, as usual, the doctors could find nothing.

So, I don't consider this to be all tinfoil hat stuff. This is what pisses me off so much about government. I'd like to see the FDA randomly doing tests like this and reporting on it for their many $billions in spending over the years. But no, they mainly compile spreadsheets and let companies do self-testing and reporting. (This per CSPAN reporting of testimony to congress during various food scares over the previous decade, which I personally watched).
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Mon 09 Oct 2017, 12:19:09

Also, if you go to his site and look at the pictures for the many places he tested using Ohio River water, it's frequently similar results. Grey looking sediments in disturbing quantity. And in some cases, worse, with brown, foul smelling liquid with sediments, like Wheeling, WV and many big cities too.

The main message is the idea that this water is fairly "pure" spring water, and that the filtering like reverse osmosis removes all the sediments, is wrong.

Of course, your local tap water could be better or worse.

One thing I've noticed when traveling is big city water, to me, tastes odd. I suspect they have to put more chlorine, etc. in it, because safety standards for water in big cities are higher than for low population water sources.

So really, now Kroger water looks kind of nasty like the vast majority of water tested.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Subjectivist » Mon 09 Oct 2017, 15:44:02

There is as the argument that a litte sediment in a large volume actually gives you some absorbable mineral content in your digestive system. Just about everything in that grey sediment if identified would be a natural mineral or something added by government mandate like chlorides and flourides.
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Mon 09 Oct 2017, 16:14:13

Subjectivist wrote:There is as the argument that a litte sediment in a large volume actually gives you some absorbable mineral content in your digestive system. Just about everything in that grey sediment if identified would be a natural mineral or something added by government mandate like chlorides and flourides.

Sure. It's probably all psychological, for most people. I was reading about purifying water filters as a result of this thread, out of curiosity. Supposedly things that we'd want in water, like a fairly neutral PH level, and floridation are largely removed by some filtering systems.

So if I could trust TPTB to consistently and honestly test all water systems and protect all Americans using public water systems, then no worries. Sadly, the Flint fiasco shows me that this can't be counted on. Especially when more honest testing in follow-up reporting shows that MANY places have significant lead issues from old pipes -- when the tests are done honestly.

http://nypost.com/2017/04/28/over-80-pe ... -in-water/

So now, to be honest, I'm not even sure what the right answer is. I'm planning to ask my doctor next visit, just to see what a doctor who isn't selling water filters on the internet says.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Return to Open Topic Discussion