Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Will the Department of Defense shut down power grid?

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 02 Nov 2017, 15:08:27

A video that falsely claims that a Department of Defense (DoD) communications drill will cause the national power grid to go out for several days in early November is causing panic on social media. The video warns that the Department of Defense will be using an electromagnetic pulse to shutdown the power grid November 4-6 – and that everyone needs to prepare now. While a training exercise is happening during that time period, the outcome has been exaggerated by false reports being shared on social media. The official DoD announcement about the planned exercise states: “This exercise will begin with a national massive coronal mass ejection event which will impact the national power grid as well as all forms of traditional communication, including landline telephone, cellphone, satellite, and Internet connectivity.” — Army MARS Program Manager Paul English During the exercise, the national power grid will

Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: Will the Department of Defense shut down power grid?

Unread postby Subjectivist » Tue 07 Nov 2017, 22:47:12

Well it didn't happen, and anyone who actually believed it was some kind of fool.
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Thu 09 Nov 2017, 02:29:56

Subjectivist wrote:Well it didn't happen, and anyone who actually believed it was some kind of fool.

As though the DOD was going to cause some giant EMP (how?) and actually shut down the power grid -- because, what could possibly go wrong with such a "test"?

Another example of poor education and lack of critical (or even common sense) thinking skills in the US.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby dunewalker » Thu 09 Nov 2017, 11:58:44

Those with short memories won't recall this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_St ... r_11,_2001
"Wilderness is another civilization apart from our own." - H.D. Thoreau
dunewalker
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Thu 09 Nov 2017, 12:54:37

dunewalker wrote:Those with short memories won't recall this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_St ... r_11,_2001

DId I miss something? Scanning this, I saw neither anything about EMP testing, much less deliberately shutting down the electric grid.

So what is your point, please? Did I miss something about EMP based testing or something?

Or is this some 911 Truther thing which has nothing to do with this thread?
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby asg70 » Thu 09 Nov 2017, 14:55:06

The thread never should have been started in the first place. Not really getting Adam's scatter-shot anything goes approach to starting threads.

BOLD PREDICTIONS
-Billions are on the verge of starvation as the lockdown continues. (yoshua, 5/20/20)

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Permanently Banned

Unread postby dunewalker » Thu 09 Nov 2017, 16:36:00

Outcast Searcher, the point is that there were war games scheduled for 9/11 even including airplanes crashing into buildings, which effectively stifled the normal reaction to unauthorized, unidentified planes flying around NYC. Coincidence? Who knows? But it illustrates the possibility of either a false flag then & now, or some foreign entity getting hold of disaster training schedules & taking advantage of the vulnerabilities provided.
"Wilderness is another civilization apart from our own." - H.D. Thoreau
dunewalker
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Sat 11 Nov 2017, 02:32:47

dunewalker wrote:Outcast Searcher, the point is that there were war games scheduled for 9/11 even including airplanes crashing into buildings, which effectively stifled the normal reaction to unauthorized, unidentified planes flying around NYC. Coincidence? Who knows? But it illustrates the possibility of either a false flag then & now, or some foreign entity getting hold of disaster training schedules & taking advantage of the vulnerabilities provided.

I see. Thanks for the explanation.

However, does that mean that no disaster training should occur? That would seem to guarantee lack of preparedness and even more chaos when disasters (whether natural or man made) do occur, which IMO, can't be a good thing.

Governments can get hold of information and try to do bad things with it. It's just one aspect of cyberwar, which is looking like more and more of a threat, perhaps replacing a lot of actual shooting warfare incidents. In fact, cyber warfare could potentially cause huge man made disasters, making 911 look like a Sunday picnic.

Disaster training would seem to be even more important to me (plus getting access to vulnerable stuff off the net or protecting it MUCH better), given the real threat of cyber warfare.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Return to Open Topic Discussion