Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

No More Blackouts?

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

No More Blackouts?

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 09 Nov 2017, 16:45:40

Many rural communities are turning to microgrids, small-scale power systems that supply local energy, typically in the form of solar power, to localized consumers, such as individual households or small villages. Image: MIT News Today, more than 1.3 billion people are living without regular access to power, including more than 300 million in India and 600 million in sub-Saharan Africa. In these and other developing countries, access to a main power grid, particularly in rural regions, is remote and often unreliable. New framework guarantees stability of microgrids that supply local power in developing countries. By Jennifer Chu | MIT News Office Increasingly, many rural and some urban communities are turning to microgrids as an alternative source of electricity. Microgrids are small-scale power systems that supply local energy, typically in the form of solar power, to localized consumers, such as individual households or small villages. However,

No More Blackouts?
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Return to North America Discussion