Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

WiFi router and Cable Modem?

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

WiFi router and Cable Modem?

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Mon 04 Dec 2017, 20:44:09

Anybody care to reccomend a newish cable modem and WiFi router? This is for the Nantucket home which has had cable forever, but was never online. I opened a new account in my name, and Xfinity is renting me a cable modem/router for an extra $10/month above the service provider fee. I have checked and that model has not yet been updated to prevent the KRACK exploit. After Santa comes the wife and I will have updated mobile devices, so we will need an updated WiFi router. I want the KRACK update, WiFi, and at least two hardwired Ethernet ports on the router.

We have hardwired 2-wire phone and a basic video package as well, those are fine. No existing Ethernet cables, and no easy way to add them, the house was built with a single coax wall plate in the blueboard/plaster walls in kitchen, living room, and both bedrooms.
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Return to Open Topic Discussion