Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Atlanta International Black Out 12/17/2017

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Atlanta International Black Out 12/17/2017

Unread postby Subjectivist » Sun 17 Dec 2017, 19:48:09

Atlanta International Airport has been blacked out for several hours, details are still sketchy.

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/airpl ... ls-n830546
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: Atlanta International Black Out 12/17/2017

Unread postby Cog » Sun 17 Dec 2017, 21:39:18

Cut by a backhoe. When you are going to dig you call the utility locate company to mark them. You do not dig until they do. If they do not mark them within two foot of the actual location left or right, the utility locate company is responsible. When I was doing construction surveying around O'Hare, the construction company was required to "Pot hole" the marked location with hydro-excavation to get an exact location. High pressure water which will remove dirt but not cut the line.

Someone is going to be out a great deal of money for this mistake. Luckily no one was killed because getting into electrical or gas lines has killed more than one operator.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Return to North America Discussion