Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Your 2018 predictions

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Your 2018 predictions

Unread postby Cog » Mon 25 Dec 2017, 13:20:32

Put them here. Cornies and doomers alike. Any type of events whether national or global. We shall see at the end of 2018 who is the Nostradamus in our midst.

I shall go first naturally

1)WTI oil Low $60 average for the year
2) 2000 point correction on the DOW but then goes big to the upside
3)Mueller will charge either Don Trump Jr or Kushner with lying to FBI. Neither will go to jail and the charges eventually dismissed. Trump will never be charged with a crime and will be cleared. Hillary won't go to jail either
4) No major wars will occur
5) Republicans will retain their majorities in the House and Senate
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Re: Your 2018 predictions

Unread postby evilgenius » Mon 25 Dec 2017, 13:46:32

I predict Trump's body will begin to wear out on him. He's not as tough as a Bush, so he will show it when they didn't.
evilgenius
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Mon 25 Dec 2017, 17:37:34

Any particular signs of that or pure gut feeling?
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby evilgenius » Sat 09 Jun 2018, 12:00:41

I'm going to say that climate change will dominate the second half of this year. There are a lot of other things on the table right now, so, maybe, that is a tall order. I follow the Arctic sea ice conditions almost every day. I think there is real potential for those things not climate related to get pushed out of the way. In particular, I suggest that sea ice concentration indicates the Arctic may melt enough this year to alarm people. It also may be a hot summer in enough other places to dominate people's thoughts.
evilgenius
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Sat 09 Jun 2018, 12:20:08

1). Short term US interest rates will continue to rise, as the FED continues to raise rates as a trend.

2). Scumbag banks will still mostly try to pay depositors a mere 0.1% or so for MANY types of deposits, even as they charge credit card holders well over 20% rates on average. (You can already get rates more like 1.75% for perfectly safe money market Treasury mutual funds, but you have to check rates, and be willing to move the money. Or even "high yield" internet bank accounts pay roughly 1.5%, but again, you have to go to the effort to move the money. As interest rates rise, you're just getting screwed more and more by the banks if you don't move the cash you don't need to spend in the short term. It's worth looking into.)

3). The Beltway (both sides of the aisle) will continue to put up with the banks charging usurious rates for unsecured credit and paying near zero, as they like donations from the powerful banking lobby far more than they like helping voters or "the little guy", no matter what they say.

4). Aside from that, Cog's predictions sound about right to me, but I'll add one.

5). When the stock market is weak, the left wing press will say its all Trump's fault. When the stock market is strong, they will say Trump has no real bearing on that.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Sat 09 Jun 2018, 13:01:05

The Rockman firmly predicts that 2018 will be followed by 2019. All other predictions are simply speculations with no FACTS to prove their validity. LOL.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Shaved Monkey » Fri 15 Jun 2018, 20:52:28

Outcast_Searcher wrote:
5). When the stock market is weak, the left wing press will say its all Trump's fault. When the stock market is strong, they will say Trump has no real bearing on that.

And Trump will take credit when it goes up via Tweet and ignore it in his tweets when it goes down
Ready to turn Zombies into WWOOFers
Shaved Monkey
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Grifter » Fri 29 Jun 2018, 18:50:29

Shaved Monkey wrote:
Outcast_Searcher wrote:

And Trump will take credit when it goes up via Tweet and ignore it in his tweets when it goes down

Just like any politician.

Don’t know about the US, but I bet there will be a general election in the UK, another hung parliament but with Labour having more seats than conservative. Another EU country will decide to leave the EU, maybe two and it could be France and Italy.

But hey, predictions are fun.
Grifter
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby onlooker » Fri 29 Jun 2018, 19:08:42

I predict the price of oil will plummet sometime this year
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Tanada » Tue 01 Jan 2019, 09:41:09

Please review your 2018 predictions before casting your 2019 predictions.
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Open Topic Discussion