Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Christine Blasey Ford poll

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Do you believe Christine Blasey Ford is lying about her rape allegations against Brett Kavanaugh?

Poll ended at Sun 07 Oct 2018, 06:49:30

Yes
59%
No
41%

Total votes : 17

Christine Blasey Ford poll

Unread postby longpig » Sun 30 Sep 2018, 06:49:30

What do you think? Please vote and comment.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true - by the wise as false - and by the rulers as useful."
Lucius Annaeus Seneca
longpig
Peat
Peat

Re: Christine Blasey Ford poll

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Sun 30 Sep 2018, 07:28:17

I think something traumatic happened to her when she went to a drunken party and got drunk herself. I think she has no clear memory of the event, never had one, and has no idea of who it was that had sex with her, or whether she consented - and she probably did, and regretted that from that time forward. I believe that the Democrats used her faulty memory to manufacture an entirely defective opposition to a new SCOTUS justice candidate whoom they object to for political reasons.

I think that nothing should have been said unless there was objective evidence to support her claims, that qualifies under all rules as legal and sufficient for a conviction for a criminal offense. Those standards exist for good and sufficient reasons.
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Sun 30 Sep 2018, 08:13:43

KJ pretty much nails it. It not as simple as the poll would suggest.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sun 30 Sep 2018, 12:35:35

This is no longer about Ms. Ford or even about Judge Kavanaugh. This is about how we are going to run our government and our society going forward.

If the Ds (or anyone else) can gin up horrible but totally unsupportable and unprovable claims about a person, and those unsubstantiated claims are considered to be cause to not hire or even fire someone, then one of the basic freedoms of the United States will be lost.

If society decides that we should always and automatically believe the woman in a case like this, and automatically not believe the man, then one of basic freedoms will be lost.

If the Ds succeed in smearing this man, then anyone can be smeared, and one of our basic freedoms will be lost.

If the media succeeds in smearing this mean, then they can smear anyone, and one of our basic freedoms will be lost.

OK---I went hyperbolic.

But I watched this happen in the universities. Under the Obama administration Title 9 was twisted to set up entirely new extra-judicial proceedings where young men could be "tried" by Deans and College Affirmative Action officials based solely on the say-so of a woman. The men were denied due process, there was no jury, there often was no evidence or the only evidence that counted was what the women said.

Now I'm seeing this same kind of "special" proceeding being used on a national stage, and I think its dangerous and nothing more then a revolting circus orchestrated by the Ds in cahoots with the MSM to smear a good man. This has turned into a "show trial" where false accusations are used to destroy a good man.

Cheers!

Judge Brent Kavanaugh must feel like he's storming the beach on D-Day and under heavy fire from the Nazis Ds.
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Sun 30 Sep 2018, 12:56:12

Would the one person (so far) who said they believe her please tell us why?
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sun 30 Sep 2018, 17:43:40

The WSJ reports that after interviewing dozens of people they are unable to verify any part of Ms. Swetnicks accounts of weekly drug-and-gang-bang parties involving her and Judge Kavanaugh back when she was in college and Judge Kavanaugh was in High School.

wsj-cant-corroborate-kavanaugh-accusers-gang-bang-account-after-dozens-contacted

I didn't believe Ms. Swetnick, and I don't believe Ms. Ford either. The Ds will do anything to stop Kavanaugh from getting on the SCOTUS, including lying and defaming innocent people. The Ds want our system to change from one where people are innocent until proven guilty to one where people are automatically assumed to be guilty when a woman makes an accusation of sexual harassment or sexual assault. But this is madness--- women are just as capable of lying as anyone else.

Cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby careinke » Sun 30 Sep 2018, 21:41:46

I think she told an untruth, but I believe she believes she did not lie. So, if you believe you are telling the truth, but you are not, is that really telling a lie?
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Cog » Sun 30 Sep 2018, 22:19:06

Here memory loss is rather convenient for her story. No location, no time, no date, none of the people she mentioned being there corroborate her story, no memory of how she got there and how she got home. What is there about this allegation that I should I believe? There is zero evidence it ever happened.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Return to Open Topic Discussion