Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Mastering emotions and our fate

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Mastering emotions and our fate

Unread postby onlooker » Mon 04 Mar 2019, 11:34:00

Well, we can all agree that we are truly as a species are on a disasterous course, even if we do not agree on timing and specifics. Well, in light of this I contemplate the following:
It is tiring to hear appeals for certain emotions as most appropriate to have dealt with our unsustainable trajectory. I mean isn't it fear that deep down prevents people from accepting certain facts or desire for this or that desired outcome. What we needed was to master our emotions and squarely and objectively look at where we were headed. Perhaps if many had done that including some in the elite decision making circles , we could have steered a different direction. Just maybe.
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Re: Mastering emotions and our fate

Unread postby Newfie » Mon 04 Mar 2019, 11:45:16

Oh but that we could! From your lips to Gods ears.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Cog » Mon 04 Mar 2019, 14:31:46

Or it could be us denialists simply don't believe you.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Newfie » Mon 04 Mar 2019, 15:18:33

Cog,

It’s not simply not believing “us.” It’s a complete rejection of the science around the subject AND also the pure physical observable evidence.

It takes a great deal of work to construct and maintain what is essentially a “flat earth” ideology in the modern world.

For the last few days I’ve been arguing this elsewhere pretty hard with a bunch of deniers. I’m kinda worn out with the pure BS and attitude they have been shoveling.

On the other hand I can surely understand why the Right would be alarmed, if not freightened, by some of the BS being passed around by the “progressive” left. But I think you already know my views in the GND. Take some comfort in knowing there is not a lot of support for that here even amongst the AWG crowd.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Ibon » Tue 05 Mar 2019, 15:39:32

The elite have the most to lose and are therefore the most fearful and dedicate the most time and money to a defensive position. The poor being poor have the least to lose. The elite sense this asymmetry which makes them even more fearful. History shows the power of uprisings lies with those that have the least to lose!
Patiently awaiting the pathogens. Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Tue 05 Mar 2019, 16:14:50

Yeah must be terrifying, poor rich buggers.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby Tanada » Tue 05 Mar 2019, 16:28:48

SeaGypsy wrote:Yeah must be terrifying, poor rich buggers.

The smart ones cultivate good relationships with their employees and security folks. Like the way Ibon treats his local work force. They get paid a reasonable wage and get the respect any human being desires. The Elites who will have problems are those who walk all over their workforce and wring every but of advantage possible out of the relationship, all take with very little give. I have had bosses I would have done anything I could to help in a crisis because they were good people. Sadly I also had bosses I wouldn't urinate on if they were on fire. Guess which kind will be the feudal lords of the post apocalypse and which ones will be put up against a wall and eliminated by their own security forces?
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Open Topic Discussion