Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Progressive Mental Disease in the US and Elsewhere

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Progressive Mental Disease in the US and Elsewhere

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Mon 13 May 2019, 12:36:50

Cultural collapse of the West is gaining momentum, but from time to time there are some diamonds of retardation here and there which should be catalogued for the future record:

So for example Texan mom is forcing her son to become transgender:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVsacCzXCu8
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Re: Progressive Mental Disease in the US and Elsewhere

Unread postby Newfie » Mon 13 May 2019, 16:31:37

Excess population causes mental disorders.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby jedrider » Mon 13 May 2019, 20:30:49

I have to wonder how much of our current political agenda is due to mental decay?

Real and acquired!
jedrider
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Mon 13 May 2019, 21:03:19

EnergyUnlimited wrote:Cultural collapse of the West is gaining momentum, but from time to time there are some diamonds of retardation here and there which should be catalogued for the future record:

So for example Texan mom is forcing her son to become transgender:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVsacCzXCu8

Here is another documented instance as well, comes straight from this website! Can you imagine that fine folks are suffering from retardation as well? As they are both related to Texas, maybe this is just a Texas issue, rather than a cultural collapse of the West in general?
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Tue 14 May 2019, 04:29:55

@Newfie,
Canada is rather sparsely populated and similar trends there are alive and kicking.
Overpopulation is only one of many factors IMO.
I would rather blame *intelectual exhaustion* as one of more prominent reasons of developing decadence.

@jedrider,
I am also wondering for example what current american administration want to achieve by antagonizing entire world?
Even Third Reich was more sophisticated in their diplomatic efforts.

@AdamB,
Your reference is to thread dealing with oil production. Do I miss anything?
I don't think, it is only Texas.
Rapidly spreading mental disease is affecting entire West and Anglosaxon populations in particular, but by no means exclusively. It is present in Europe, America, Australia...

My diagnosis is that something known as "Latin Civillization" have run its course and now it is dying out. That is a sort of death of large superorganism, which was alive for ca 2000 years, now have reached its final stages of life and is on its way out.
Different affected nations are like failing organs of larger body.
It is mind blowing to observe how all of it is going down the drain.

I wonder what Mayans were thinking while observing their own decay? Possibly very much the same what I feel now.
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Cog » Tue 14 May 2019, 05:59:55

Trump isn't antagonizing the world just to get his jollies. He is calling them out on their hypocrisy and they don't like it. Trump is an American exceptionalist who cares only about America and is anti-political correctness.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Newfie » Tue 14 May 2019, 07:37:34

EU,

Canada is sparsely populated but the population is concentrated in a few centers, such as Toronto, where there is a high density. People are jamming themselves together.

This seems to occurring most everywhere in the world, rural areas are depopulating. Greenland, Atlantic Canada, Heartland USA, Caribbean islands, all exhibit the same trends.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Tue 14 May 2019, 09:19:54

You flaming rectums need to get over yourselves. Just because someone does not share your tortuous and skewed mental processes does not mean they have a mental disease. Every man since the days of our early forebears has been as eccentric as a pet raccoon, including especially YOU.

A sweeping cultural change is happeniing today, caused by humans evolving into colony minds interconnected via the network of mobile devices and information servers. That some choose to exist in a physical hive of high density housing, served by trucks delivering groceries, drones delivering Amazon packages, and cables delivering networking and entertainment, is normal - and reflects those who are evolving faster than those who belittle such an existence.

Some of us are of course, completely obsolescent and choose an equally obsolete lifestyle, such as my little 1/2 acre of woods in a toney MidWestern suburb. But the trappings of a beautiful setting containing a ranch home (for my arthritic bones), a gourmet kitchen, and luxurious decor with extra rooms for my toys, a nearby lake, all in a fenced wooded lot with critters, are relevant and meaningful to my 67-year-old self.
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Tue 14 May 2019, 10:29:49

EnergyUnlimited wrote:@AdamB,
Your reference is to thread dealing with oil production. Do I miss anything?
I don't think, it is only Texas.
Rapidly spreading mental disease is affecting entire West and Anglosaxon populations in particular, but by no means exclusively. It is present in Europe, America, Australia...

My comment was oblique, I'll admit it, and related to only a particular type of mental disease, affecting oily cluelessness and the need to pretend otherwise. It had the advantage of having right here on this website examples. :o
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Tue 14 May 2019, 11:07:30

If you mean those who cluelessly buy pickups and SUVs powered by large ICE's, I can agree on that basis alone. I believe that such vehicles have a usable life of about 10 years, before fuel is prohibitively expensive. My next vehicle purchase will be an EV.
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Tue 14 May 2019, 12:00:08

@Cog,
Base on what I observe Trump is rather forwarding interests of Jewry more than American exceptionalism.
This, as well as arguments with Russia and China is making US politically isolated.
Catalogue of confrontations are looming on horizon...

@Newfie,
Yes, you have a point but why western urban populations have decided to decay now and 2 decades ago they seemed stable and resilliant to retardation?

@AdamB,
Yes, that is another aspect of trouble but it takes an effect in longer term.
Now we can observe selfdestructive tendencies of individuals and whole communities. Latency perior between increasingly stupid acts and destructive consequences is quickly shortening up, and yet most of peoples seem oblivious to it.
Hence I suspect a mental disease.

@Kaiser Jeep,
What can be seen in Californian cities are groving densities of human poo interconnected by steams of urine and millions of rats. Favelas are also conneting one to another in cities like San Francisco and millions of used syringes can be found on the streets.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld6qYJe4pRs
Once it all interconnets we will face a real *singularity*, but not the type you are hoping for.
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Tue 14 May 2019, 12:43:15

EU, because you relentlessly apply the prior standards of individuals to the growing urban hives of cyber humans, I unhesitatingly name you as one of the now obsolete individual humans.

In another generation, those people will mostly be extinct. You are in denial of this change.

KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Tue 14 May 2019, 14:27:08

@KJ,
It is difficult to foresee where this mental disease which you are mentioning will take urban population within a generation or two but somehow I suspect that pictures won't be pretty.
Unfortunately we have to wait 20-30 years to find out, unless a very sad outcome of pending mental decay came earlier for one reason or another.
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Tue 14 May 2019, 18:38:25

EU,

@Newfie,
Yes, you have a point but why western urban populations have decided to decay now and 2 decades ago they seemed stable and resilliant to retardation?

It was there 2 decades ago, you just didn’t notice it then. Maybe it’s an age thing, I’m 68 and that may be the difference in perspective. Maybe no, don’t know.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Mon 20 May 2019, 16:35:45

Mental disease in America is well and kicking:
https://www.businessinsider.com/house-p ... 019-5?IR=T
For me it looks like *abolition of women*.
Social progress approaches its *event horizon*.
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Fri 12 Jul 2019, 18:04:51

New outbursts of mental disease on the West:
US: peoples are spitting to their food or licking it and then putting it back on supermarket shelf.
UK: Man who challenged armed terrorist (and probably saved lives in the process) is now on terrorist watch for doing so.
https://www.bitchute.com/video/WgheGP_RZGQ/
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby asg70 » Sat 13 Jul 2019, 18:33:09

I used to think that extended prosperity could lead to a Star Trek style utopia. Now I realize that it leads to decadence and ultimately self-destruction. I didn't anticipate this would be the trajectory we're on. I thought it would be doom-induced social chaos instead. Either extreme seems to be bad. We can't handle surplus and scarcity is no picnic either. Makes me more and more of a misanthrope.

BOLD PREDICTIONS
-Billions are on the verge of starvation as the lockdown continues. (yoshua, 5/20/20)

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Newfie » Sat 13 Jul 2019, 18:37:43

Someone here linked to “herbiviour men”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbivore_men

Then I came across this news but about a USA resurgence in young airmen becoming nuns.

https://www.huffpost.com/highline/artic ... LZKEyqfhJ5

And off course we have the incel issue.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incel

If you put those three terms into a google search “incel herbivore nun” you get nothing.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Ibon » Sat 13 Jul 2019, 19:06:53

asg70 wrote:I used to think that extended prosperity could lead to a Star Trek style utopia. Now I realize that it leads to decadence and ultimately self-destruction. I didn't anticipate this would be the trajectory we're on. I thought it would be doom-induced social chaos instead. Either extreme seems to be bad. We can't handle surplus and scarcity is no picnic either. Makes me more and more of a misanthrope.

Actually there is a filter process at work...all of the news about growing social dysfunction gets filtered and distilled in your brain and it actually concentrates there the same way maple syrup does.

I spend almost zero time on media or news.
Peakoil.com is one of my rare indulgences. Most of our guests and all of our employees are pretty sane....

The growing pathology of urban society or suburban society is real. But for me its a far away abstraction

You know the saying that you cant really run away, that you have to confront and deal with whatever.... this is a bullshit saying in my book.

You can run away . You can isolate yourself from this shit. And you should.

I did.... It's great. Best decision I ever made.

By the way. I also believed in that star trek utopia...
Patiently awaiting the pathogens. Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Sat 13 Jul 2019, 23:59:14

Newfie wrote:Excess population causes mental disorders.

Is it just population?

Or is it perhaps the rate of change, and all the pressures, social and physical, of which growing population is just one, which is causing so many mental "disorders"?

I read Alvin Toffler's "Future Shock" with some alarm in my mid-20's, as I recall.

With each passing decade, the concept/reality seems more alarming and hits home personally.

Maybe that's largely me getting older (I'm 60 now). Maybe that's largely me no longer trying to keep up with each and every change and gadget and competition to have more for having more's sake, or to show off, etc.

Somehow when the present is in many ways, unrecognizable, to a sane person from a few decades ago, it's hard to imagine this trend isn't continuing to accelerate, and I expect the rate of acceleration will accelerate even more (which gives me a headache).
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Next

Return to Open Topic Discussion