Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE COVID-19 Thread

Discussions related to the physiological and psychological effects of peak oil on our members and future generations.

THE COVID-19 Thread

Unread postby Ayoob » Sun 12 Apr 2020, 14:57:57

If you are not yet sick, or think you are not sick, try the following
1 gram of vitamin C five times a day
10,000 units of vitamin D once a day
50mg zinc once a day

If you ARE sick, try the following

If you are eating shit food
1 gram of vitamin C every 15 minutes until you shit your pants
Back off the vitamin C for 2 hours
Start again at the same dose
If you shit your pants twice a day you are 5x5
50mg zinc once a day

If you are eating good quality food
1 gram of vitamin C every 15 minutes for 2 hours, then consider your bowel tone. Active? Take an hour off, then start again. No need to shit your pants. Don't want to dump that good quality food, you need the nutrition
Over the course of the day you want to take down at least 20 grams, up to 40 grams is still reasonable, 50+ is going to be tough to keep from shitting your pants. Good luck. If you can take down 50 grams of vitamin C in a day in oral form, strongly consider getting that amount run into you via intravenous route. Get a blood test for GP6D or whatever that is, then get your IV vitamin C.
50mg zinc once a day
Ayoob
Expert
Expert

Re: Beat COVID-19 with cheap easy home remedy

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Sun 12 Apr 2020, 15:29:52

Ayoob wrote:If you are not yet sick, or think you are not sick, try the following
1 gram of vitamin C five times a day
50mg zinc once a day

If you ARE sick, try the following

If you are eating shit food
1 gram of vitamin C every 15 minutes until you shit your pants
Back off the vitamin C for 2 hours
Start again at the same dose
If you shit your pants twice a day you are 5x5
50mg zinc once a day

If you are eating good quality food
1 gram of vitamin C every 15 minutes for 2 hours, then consider your bowel tone. Active? Take an hour off, then start again. No need to shit your pants. Don't want to dump that good quality food, you need the nutrition
Over the course of the day you want to take down at least 20 grams, up to 40 grams is still reasonable, 50+ is going to be tough to keep from shitting your pants. Good luck. If you can take down 50 grams of vitamin C in a day in oral form, strongly consider getting that amount run into you via intravenous route. Get a blood test for GP6D or whatever that is, then get your IV vitamin C.
50mg zinc once a day

Based on WHAT? Voices in your head? An article? (and if so, what is the source?)

What is it about the internet and the posting of SO MUCH NONSENSE without ANY FACTUAL BASIS, OR EVEN AN ATTEMPT to back it up?

Once COVID-19 became an obvious threat, I read some articles like the following. I'll go with the medical and science experts, thank you.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2020 ... rotect-you

There’s no such thing as boosted immunity

Unfortunately, the idea that pills, trendy superfoods or wellness habits can provide a shortcut to a healthy immune system is a myth. In fact, the concept of “boosting” your immune system doesn’t hold any scientific meaning whatsoever.

If you’re healthy, forget supplements – except vitamin D

In the developed world, most people get enough vitamins from their diets (unless they are restricted – vegans, for example, are more likely to have certain deficiencies). However, there is one exception – vitamin D. Iwasaki explains that taking this supplement wouldn’t be a bad idea.

Several studies have linked low vitamin D levels to a higher risk of respiratory infections, and more severe symptoms when they develop. They’ve also been implicated in the development of autoimmune diseases such as multiple sclerosis.

In fact, many immune cells can actively recognise vitamin D, and it’s thought to play an important role in both the innate and acquired immune response – though exactly how remains a mystery.

But crucially – and unusually – vitamin D deficiencies are endemic in many countries, even wealthy ones.
As of 2012, it was estimated that about a billion people worldwide weren’t getting enough. And with more and more people urged to stay indoors, it’s easy to see how even less sunlight exposure could lead to more deficiencies. (Read more about who needs to take vitamin D and why).

Blue and red font in above quotes, mine, for emphasis.

The ONLY vitamin supplement I regularly take is a large dose of Vitamin D -- as recommended by my DOCTOR. I'm chronically low without it, as was my mother. We check my blood level regularly, to ensure I'm taking a sane amount for MY needs. I'd rather be lucky than smart, and that was the ONE thing scientific articles are saying to be very sure you get enough of (outside a healthy, balanced diet, exercise, etc) for your immune system, when I was reading about immunity for dealing with COVID-19.

Taking lots of vitamin C was panned in the above article, BTW:

However, there is little evidence to support vitamin C’s mighty reputation for helping us to fight off colds and other respiratory infections. A 2013 review by Cochrane – an organisation renowned for its unbiased research – found that in adults “trials of high doses of vitamin C administered therapeutically, starting after the onset of symptoms, showed no consistent effect on the duration or severity of common cold symptoms”.

In fact, many experts consider the vitamin C market to be a bit of a racket, as most people in the developed world get enough from their diets already. Though scurvy is thought to have killed two million sailors and pirates between the 15th and 18th Centuries, the numbers now are far lower. For example, just 128 people in England were hospitalised with the disease between 2016 and 2017. On the other hand, high doses of this vitamin can lead to kidney stones.

“Vitamin supplements aren’t beneficial to your immune system unless you are deficient,” says Iwasaki.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby asg70 » Sun 12 Apr 2020, 17:17:31

Just like the use of masks, people will try anything if it has a chance of improving your odds. If it won't hurt, why not try it? Linus Pauling made a career out of advocating the benefits of Vitamin C. I wouldn't write it off as snake oil even if some in the medical establishment want to scoff at it.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/12154#1

BOLD PREDICTIONS
-Billions are on the verge of starvation as the lockdown continues. (yoshua, 5/20/20)

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Mon 13 Apr 2020, 19:02:25

asg70 wrote:Just like the use of masks, people will try anything if it has a chance of improving your odds. If it won't hurt, why not try it? Linus Pauling made a career out of advocating the benefits of Vitamin C. I wouldn't write it off as snake oil even if some in the medical establishment want to scoff at it.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/12154#1

I'm in no way saying one doesn't need adequate vitamin C. And kidney stones DO hurt. A lot.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby AnnaD » Mon 11 May 2020, 02:21:45

AnnaD
Wood
Wood

Unread postby Ayoob » Sun 13 Sep 2020, 04:14:49

Hey what ever happened to that jerk and his stupid idea?

Dumb, right? Didn't have a chance!
Ayoob
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Wed 16 Sep 2020, 11:43:07

Ayoob wrote:Hey what ever happened to that jerk and his stupid idea?

Dumb, right? Didn't have a chance!

Vitamin D overdosing and problems is a thing. That 10,000 units a day idea was madness. Generally, doctors will only prescribe 5000 a day for a brief time or if they know a patient handles large doses well. You start adding summer sunshine and that much vitamin D, and toxicity becomes a concern over time.

But of course, "the internet" knows everything, so we should follow it if our intuition says it's so. :roll:

"The Social Dilemma" (Netflix Documentary) is another look at why this isn't the case.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Covid vaccination

Unread postby jupiters_release » Wed 30 Jun 2021, 00:27:48

If you've had the shot(s) please post any adverse reactions you experienced.
Do not seek the truth, only cease to cherish opinions.
jupiters_release
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Re: Covid vaccination

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 30 Jun 2021, 02:20:33

I had the two shot Moderna vaccination back in early February.

I had no adverse reactions.

In fact I had a positive reaction.

My body developed the ability to create antibodies to fight potential covid infections.

In fact, a study out just today shows that the Moderna vaccine also seems to protect against the new Delta (Indian) variant of the original Wuhan virus.

These vaccines are like a frickin' miracle.....IMHO EVERYONE should get vaccinated as soon as they possibly can.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby JuanP » Wed 30 Jun 2021, 09:17:11

I took the two shots from Pfizer and experienced no side effects whatsoever. I had a mild case of COVID-19 about a year before taking the shots, so I assume I had plasma B cells in my bone marrow when I received the shots.
"Human stupidity has no limits" JuanP
JuanP
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Wed 30 Jun 2021, 14:37:39

I had both shots from Pfizer. The only things I noticed were:

1). A sore arm at the injection site, both times, kind of like with the annual flu shot. But not enough to prevent me from sleeping on it, so milder than with the typical flu shot.

2). Just a bit of a headache when I'd get up every three hours at night to feed my sickly cat, only the first time I'd get up from a heavy sleep. With both shots. If it weren't for the cat issue, I wouldn't have noticed it at all. (Normally I never get such little headaches when getting up like that).

I'd certainly call those symptoms completely inconsequential vs. the protection I'm getting from the two doses of vaccine.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Newfie » Wed 30 Jun 2021, 17:38:45

Wife and I both got 2 Moderna shots. Mild reactions such as sore arm, slight fever 2 or 3 days out. 70 and 68.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Pops » Thu 01 Jul 2021, 07:51:17

We've had two, she Moderna, me Pfizer, slight injection site soreness.
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby dolanbaker » Thu 01 Jul 2021, 08:39:44

I got Covid, so now have natural immunity, the gold star of vaccination.
Far better to go into battle with a veteran than an untrained recruit.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.:Anonymous
Our whole economy is based on planned obsolescence.
Hungrymoggy "I am now predicting that Europe will NUKE ITSELF sometime in the first week of January"
dolanbaker
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby yellowcanoe » Thu 01 Jul 2021, 09:01:18

No reaction to either of my Pfizer shots.
"new housing construction" is spelled h-a-b-i-t-a-t d-e-s-t-r-u-c-t-i-o-n.
yellowcanoe
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby AgentR11 » Fri 02 Jul 2021, 16:18:24

Two shots of pfizer. I had a lymph node react poorly, and it swelled up for a week or so. Annoying.
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby GoghGoner » Mon 05 Jul 2021, 15:46:02

J&J. I was down with the chills and aches for a day -- couldn't eat a thing. Feel fine now, it was a couple months ago. I did have covid around December and that really wiped me out for a good month.
GoghGoner
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Mon 05 Jul 2021, 16:49:05

Yes for all my family of age. Moderna for both my wife and I. Not sure which for the others but nothing more then an "out of it day" after the second shot reported. 80% plus here in Vermont now with no new cases reported in my county in the last fourteen days.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Pops » Mon 05 Jul 2021, 17:22:54

Vermont and Maine are both really on it. MO on the other hand ... only about 30% of adults in this county are vaccinated, Delta is taking hold, 12 cases rose to 200+ cases in a month at the 2 big hospitals—higher than in the winter, one hospital is out of ventilators, shipping patients out to KC... I assume those are all unvaccinated people.
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Mon 05 Jul 2021, 17:43:54

Pretty safe assumption.
Sunday they said 99% of hospitalizations and deaths are now the unvaccinated. There is that one percent but I expect most of those had other contributing issues and might have died anyway with or without covid.
If you live in a low rate state with unvaccinated people running around you only defense is to get vaccinated so you can stop worrying about it.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Next

Return to Medical Issues Forum