Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

WHO HAS THE VIRUS?

Discussions related to the physiological and psychological effects of peak oil on our members and future generations.

WHO HAS THE VIRUS?

Unread postby Newfie » Mon 13 Apr 2020, 10:42:56

A place to keep track of how we are all doing.

So my immediate family are fine. I know no one who has admitted to the bug. My ex and her hubby both had it but recovered. Early 60’s.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: WHO HAS THE VIRUS?

Unread postby Ibon » Mon 13 Apr 2020, 11:36:40

Of course we can't answer how many we know who have had the virus because there could be hundreds who were asymptomatic. Of my entire social world including friends, family, associates, employees and guests who visited us I only know of 2 cases that were tested and confirmed, one a friend in her 50's and a young man under 30. My friend had pretty intense symptoms but stayed at home isolating herself and did not need to go to the hospital. Both have recovered.
Patiently awaiting the pathogens. Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby onlooker » Mon 13 Apr 2020, 11:37:55

Newfie wrote:A place to keep track of how we are all doing.

So my immediate family are fine. I know no one who has admitted to the bug. My ex and her hubby both had it but recovered. Early 60’s.

My sister seemed definitely to have contracted it. Had four symptoms associated with it
- diarrea
- fever
-dry cough
-breathing difficulties.
She had traveled to Thailand for the New Year
And as a person with asthma , I am so happy that she made it through. Took her about 2 weeks to recover.
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby asg70 » Mon 13 Apr 2020, 12:43:58

onlooker wrote:My sister seemed definitely to have contracted it

It grows closer, Onlooker.

The tinfoil hat you're wearing won't protect you.

BOLD PREDICTIONS
-Billions are on the verge of starvation as the lockdown continues. (yoshua, 5/20/20)

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Permanently Banned

Unread postby jedrider » Mon 13 Apr 2020, 13:59:16

We talk with a distant family relative who lives in Paris. She appears to be recovered after about two weeks.
jedrider
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby onlooker » Mon 13 Apr 2020, 14:49:19

asg70 wrote:
onlooker wrote:My sister seemed definitely to have contracted it

It grows closer, Onlooker.

The tinfoil hat you're wearing won't protect you.

:lol:
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby careinke » Wed 15 Apr 2020, 03:43:01

One of the Census Field Supervisors 42 year old son had it. After testing him for all strains of the flu, they finally tested him for covid-19. It took nine days to get the results which were positive. He has since recovered, though still weak. He was asked, and volunteered to give his blood for medical research involving transfusions.
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sat 18 Apr 2020, 21:40:59

Vitamin D supplements can help people improve their immune system and fight off the Corona virus

role-of-vitamin-d-deficiency-in-virus-infection

One of the crazy things about this epidemic is that many people have been ordered to stay in their homes. This makes them more susceptible to virus infection because they get less sunlight and less vitamin D, which is essential for the function of the immune system.

I really think people should get outside as much as possible and get some sunshine. You can also get vitamin from foods like salmon and eggs. Of course, there are also pills with vitamin D.

Personally, I've been skiing and/or taking long walks just about every day.

vitamin D helps the immune system which is key to fighting off virus infections
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Ranbir » Tue 21 Apr 2020, 03:50:10

The World Health Organisation (WHO) has partnered with tech giants like Facebook and Microsoft for a global hackathon, asking developers to build software solutions that drive social impact, with the aim of tackling some of the challenges related to the current coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.

The #BuildforCOVID19 hackathon would begin accepting project submissions on Thursday. The hackathon would announce top projects on April 3.

Along with Facebook and Microsoft, tech companies Twitter, WeChat, TikTok, Pinterest, and Slack are also participating in the hackathon.

“We’re encouraging YOU – innovators around the world – to #BuildforCOVID19 using technologies of your choice across a range of suggested themes and challenge areas – some of which have been sourced through health partners including the World Health Organization and scientists at the Chan Zuckerberg Biohub,” said the hackathon portal.

Facebook features like Blood Donations and Crisis Response were first built during hackathons and are now used by millions of people worldwide. I’m hopeful that some useful prototypes and ideas will come out of this one as well,” said CEO Mark Zuckerberg in a post.

https://www.techstoryonline.com/2020/03 ... hackathon/
Ranbir
Wood
Wood

Unread postby Newfie » Mon 27 Apr 2020, 12:38:48

Ranbir,

Welcome to a peak Oil.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby MonteQuest » Mon 27 Apr 2020, 17:30:37

Doing fine down here in isolated rural Missouri. Less than a dozen cases in all the surrounding counties. :)
A Saudi saying, "My father rode a camel. I drive a car. My son flies a jet-plane. His son will ride a camel."
MonteQuest
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Newfie » Mon 27 Apr 2020, 18:31:43

Long time no see. Just the other day someone was saying they missed your input. :-D
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby MonteQuest » Tue 28 Apr 2020, 19:05:06

Newfie wrote:Long time no see. Just the other day someone was saying they missed your input. :-D

Oh, I might make a reappearance now and then. I recall my posts years ago about zoonotic diseases. Mother Nature always bats last. :) I think the light everyone sees at the end of the tunnel is a fast-moving freight train hauling utter chaos for years.
A Saudi saying, "My father rode a camel. I drive a car. My son flies a jet-plane. His son will ride a camel."
MonteQuest
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Ibon » Tue 28 Apr 2020, 19:11:36

MonteQuest wrote:
Newfie wrote:Long time no see. Just the other day someone was saying they missed your input. :-D

Oh, I might make a reappearance now and then. I recall my posts years ago about zoonotic diseases. Mother Nature always bats last. :) I think the light everyone sees at the end of the tunnel is a fast-moving freight train hauling utter chaos for years.

Hi Montequest. Please now and then step back in and add your valuable 2 cents especially how these events are related to our species being deep into the teritorry of ecological overshoot.

It continues to amaze me how few understand.
Patiently awaiting the pathogens. Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Return to Medical Issues Forum