Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Democrat Thread Pt. 7

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: THE Democrat Thread Pt. 7

Postby JuanP » Mon 30 Aug 2021, 13:28:37

"Slate
Why Aren’t Democrats Talking About the Worst Possible Outcome of the California Recall?"
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... d=msedgntp

"The Sept. 14 recall to decide the fate of California Gov. Gavin Newsom is beginning to look like it could get ugly for Democrats. Recent polling has shown that the state—a bastion of blue—is basically split in half on the question of whether to recall the governor. Structural quirks in the recall system paired with the Democratic Party’s approach to the challenge could make it hard for Democrats to retain power if the recall succeeds, despite a sizable statewide advantage. But the worst possible outcome of the recall challenge goes far beyond Newsom. The true nightmare scenario for Democrats would be this: What if Newsom loses, a Republican replaces him, and then 88-year-old Sen. Dianne Feinstein becomes unable to finish her term?"

You all know that I know very little about American domestic policies and the American political system. I just found out about this and I find it interesting. IMO, US Senator Dianne Feinstein should resign her position immediately. She's 88 years old! It should be illegal for people to hold such an important position at that age. I know some 88 years old people would be physically and intellectually up for it, but the vast majority of people that age are not. This is a fact of life. There should be an age limit to serve as a US Senator, or US President, for that matter.
"Human stupidity has no limits" JuanP
JuanP
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Postby Newfie » Mon 30 Aug 2021, 16:47:07

Juan,

This kind of thing happens repeatedly. For example Bill Clinton should have resigned once past the 6 year mark, allowing Gore to become President and then run as incumbent. But his ego would not allow such a thing.

More recently Supreme Court Justice Ginsberg did not resign and allow Obama to appoint a Liberal judge. Then came Trump. Who woulda thunk it?

Big positions, big egos.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Plantagenet » Mon 30 Aug 2021, 16:51:43

JuanP wrote:You all know that I know very little about American domestic policies and the American political system. I just found out about this and I find it interesting. IMO, US Senator Dianne Feinstein should resign her position immediately. She's 88 years old! It should be illegal for people to hold such an important position at that age. I know some 88 years old people would be physically and intellectually up for it, but the vast majority of people that age are not. This is a fact of life. There should be an age limit to serve as a US Senator, or US President, for that matter.

Yup.

Don't be so modest Juan....you know a lot about the US and our political system.

And you are exactly right in this criticism.

Other egregious cases of old and senile people in political power must include Joe Biden.....Joe is ten years younger then Diane Feinstein but at 78 he's clearly in cognitive decline.

AND on the Supreme Court Justice Stephen Bryer is 82 years old. Ds are pleading with him to retire but he won't do it.

Unfortunately these elderly dinosaurs get into power and they won't give it up. Usually there is no way to make them retire. The 25th Amendment to the constitution allows a President to be removed from office when he becomes senile, but its very unlikely the Ds will act to remove Biden because they would risk losing their own political power base in DC.

Cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Postby vtsnowedin » Mon 30 Aug 2021, 20:58:45

It occurs to me that if the Democrats want to have any prospect of winning in 2022 or 2024 they need to change the top of the team. To do this Harris needs to be forced to step down, by some reason trumped up or real. And then a viable candidate nominated to replace her followed shortly by Biden having a stroke etc. and allowing this new candidate to move up and show their ability prior to the next election.
This would be presidented by the Nixon- Agnew- Ford history and they would hope their choice fared better then Ford did come election day.
I see this as their only winning path forward but I have to admit a winning replacement for Harris escapes me.
Any suggestions?
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Postby Plantagenet » Mon 30 Aug 2021, 21:23:59

vtsnowedin wrote:It occurs to me that if the Democrats want to have any prospect of winning in 2022 or 2024 they need to change the top of the team. To do this Harris needs to be forced to step down, by some reason trumped up or real. And then a viable candidate nominated to replace her followed shortly by Biden having a stroke etc. and allowing this new candidate to move up and show their ability prior to the next election.
This would be presidented by the Nixon- Agnew- Ford history and they would hope their choice fared better then Ford did come election day.
I see this as their only winning path forward but I have to admit a winning replacement for Harris escapes me.
Any suggestions?

Who do you imagine is going to force a change in the top of the D ticket?

Everyone in the administration owes their current position to Biden so they aren't going to invoke the 25th amendment or do anything to rock the boat. And the rest of the D party is in the same spot.

The Ds always have an ace in the hole.....the MSM just parrots whatever the D party tells them to say. That is a very powerful tool for shaping public opinion. Biden was just as senile and just as stupid in 2020 as he is in 2021, but the MSM did everything they could to pump up Biden and sure enough he won..

Already the MSM are trying to change the narrative on Afghanistan from being like the disgraceful retreat from Saigon to being a glorious repeat of the Berlin Airlift.

Mostly likely the Ds will count on the MSM media to "shape the message" and help them win again with Biden/Harris in 2022 and 2024.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Postby vtsnowedin » Tue 31 Aug 2021, 03:07:30

Who will want to force Biden out??
Every Democrat that is standing for election in 2022 and 2024 who can now see that both those elections are going to be Republican landslides based on the incompetence shown by the present administration.
Even the media left wingers can now see they are in big trouble and are starting to seek a way out.
The Democrat leadership do not owe Biden anything as he has brought them nothing and they put him in power not the other way around.
These are rats leaving a sinking burning ship in a hurricane.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Postby Plantagenet » Tue 31 Aug 2021, 16:29:11

vtsnowedin wrote:Who will want to force Biden out??
Every Democrat that is standing for election in 2022 and 2024 who can now see that both those elections are going to be Republican landslides based on the incompetence shown by the present administration.

Can you name a single democrat who is calling for Joe stop step down?

vtsnowedin wrote: the media left wingers can now see they are in big trouble and are starting to seek a way out.

The media left wingers can see Joe is senile old fool, just like the rest of the world. But the media left wingers also know that they control the message. They can flood the media with positive news about Joe any time they want to, and they can smear any opponent of Joe. The media won the election for Joe in 2020 and they think they can do it again.

The bottom line here is the media is 95%+ Ds. When it come down to it they will support whoever is the D. Look at California and the recall election for their unpopular Gov. Newsome......Gov. Gavin Newsome is another incompetent D, but all the media are busy boosting Newsome and smearing any opposition to Newsome. Its like someone flipped a switch and said "time to support the D."

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Postby vtsnowedin » Tue 31 Aug 2021, 18:17:02

I can not say you are wrong about the medias efforts to cover up for Biden but I think the problems with him are now so obvious to the electorate that they can no longer pull off a rescue of him and his administration.
Yes no Democrat has called for his removal but give it a couple of weeks.
I also think those on the Democrat side would like to have it appear that his end was a natural event not an admission of incompetence so even if many on the D side see he needs to go they are not speaking up hoping for that face saving exit.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Postby Newfie » Tue 31 Aug 2021, 21:32:41

Still to early to tell.

The public’s attention span and memory are very short.

Hostages is the key. Leaving a couple of hundred Americans behind is a festering problem.

The story will stay active as long as there are hostages. That will give the Taliban a way to tweak Biden to get what they want. He may become hostage to the Talibans posture.

Of course if none of this develops, if all Americans come home or y fine in Afghanistan then the story will fade away.

Joe’s fate rides in Taliban hands.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby vtsnowedin » Wed 01 Sep 2021, 04:19:32

Even if all Americans make it out of Afghanistan safely the fate of the women and girls in that country which will digress to tenth century conditions will be a stain on the reputation of the USA which will endure for decades. They are once again just property and slaves for the men to dispose of as they wish.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Postby Plantagenet » Wed 01 Sep 2021, 12:39:32

vtsnowedin wrote:Even if all Americans make it out of Afghanistan safely the fate of the women and girls in that country which will digress to tenth century conditions will be a stain on the reputation of the USA which will endure for decades. They are once again just property and slaves for the men to dispose of as they wish.

Please don't blame the USA for the stupidity and incompetence of Joe Biden and his administration.

The catastrophe in Afghanistan is Joe Biden's legacy to the world.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Postby JuanP » Wed 01 Sep 2021, 15:00:26

I don't expect much to change. It has been obvious for a very long time that Biden suffers from a cognitive disorder, since long before the election, and yet Americans still elected Biden as their president. The vast majority of Democrats don't want to admit that President Biden is suffering from a cognitive disorder. You can take a horse to water, but you can't force it to drink. The vast majority of Americans, both on the left and right, are deeply disconnected from reality and suffering from acute cognitive dissonance.

I expect the Biden administration to keep f***ing things up for as long as it remains in power.

Unfortunately, we have reached a point where to save the USA we need to voluntarily dissolve the American Empire, but the MIC controls the USA and will not willingly do this, so the American Empire will face an inevitable involuntary collapse that will destroy the USA in its wake.

Eisenhower was right and so was Pogo.
JuanP
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Postby jedrider » Wed 01 Sep 2021, 16:26:54

vtsnowedin wrote:Even if all Americans make it out of Afghanistan safely the fate of the women and girls in that country which will digress to tenth century conditions will be a stain on the reputation of the USA which will endure for decades. They are once again just property and slaves for the men to dispose of as they wish.

And, this has what to do with Joe Biden?

I expect this has to do with self-governance.

The US is also currently rolling back women's privileges here in the U.S. as Republican initiatives take hold.

We also have our American Taliban :-)
jedrider
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Postby vtsnowedin » Wed 01 Sep 2021, 19:55:05

Plantagenet wrote:

Please don't blame the USA for the stupidity and incompetence of Joe Biden and his administration.

The catastrophe in Afghanistan is Joe Biden's legacy to the world.

Cheers!
We are guilty by association as we elected the senile old fool.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Postby vtsnowedin » Wed 01 Sep 2021, 20:04:10

JuanP wrote:I don't expect much to change. It has been obvious for a very long time that Biden suffers from a cognitive disorder, since long before the election, and yet Americans still elected Biden as their president. The vast majority of Democrats don't want to admit that President Biden is suffering from a cognitive disorder. You can take a horse to water, but you can't force it to drink. The vast majority of Americans, both on the left and right, are deeply disconnected from reality and suffering from acute cognitive dissonance.

I expect the Biden administration to keep f***ing things up for as long as it remains in power.

Unfortunately, we have reached a point where to save the USA we need to voluntarily dissolve the American Empire, but the MIC controls the USA and will not willingly do this, so the American Empire will face an inevitable involuntary collapse that will destroy the USA in its wake.

Eisenhower was right and so was Pogo.

I am not nearly as negative as you. Even if we have to endure three more years of Biden administrations screw ups the replacement administration can quickly undo most of it as we have seen Biden happily undo as much of the Trump administrations actions as found possible. The rub is places like Taiwan and Ukraine which might well fall in the next three years and it would be impossible to put that toothpaste back into the tube.
If next months polls are as I expect them to be for Biden I expect the Democrat establishment to panic and look for a way to ease him out but perhaps that is just wishful thinking on my part.
At any rate I think a full collapse of the American Republic is extremely unlikely even in these dark days.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Postby vtsnowedin » Wed 01 Sep 2021, 20:09:59

jedrider wrote:
The US is also currently rolling back women's privileges here in the U.S. as Republican initiatives take hold.

We also have our American Taliban :-)

Yes this anti abortion law in Texas is misguided and will be counter productive.
I am very tired of Republicans losing elections because of this far right religious idiocy.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Postby JuanP » Fri 03 Sep 2021, 09:54:39

"This poll number will send Democrats into a panic"
https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/02/politics ... index.html

""In Gallup's polling history, presidents with job approval ratings below 50% have seen their party lose 37 House seats, on average, in midterm elections. That compares with an average loss of 14 seats when presidents had approval ratings above 50%."

Recent history affirms that trend. With his approval ratings in the low 40s (at best) then-President Donald Trump's Republican Party got thumped in the 2018 midterms. Republicans lost 40 House seats -- and their majority.

The Point: The best news for Biden and his party is that it's September 2021, not September 2022. If his job approval numbers in a year's time are anywhere near where they are today, Democrats will likely be facing a wave perched to come crashing down on them on Election Day."

I expect the Harris-Biden administration to continue shooting its own stumps all the way to the midterms. I also expect American voters to give control of both chambers of congress in next year's election to the Republican Party to further disable these demented hacks. The midterms are the Republicans' to lose now. A lame duck Biden with no congressional support is the best we can hope for at this time. A divided government is the best option we have.

VT, I expect that the decline of the USA will happen over decades, and I hope the USA remains a place my wife continues to want to live in for another twenty years because that is what she wants to do. In our old age we will go to the Uruguayan countryside. If the USA collapses faster than that we would probably go to a third country for a number of years, but I'd rather not go through that trouble. For now, we are OK here.
JuanP
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Postby Plantagenet » Sat 04 Sep 2021, 14:57:41

Its bad enough that Joe Biden and the Ds bungled the US withdrawal from Afghanistan and wound up turning the country over to groups with ties to Islamic terrorists.

Now it turns out the Joe Biden has been flying Islamic Terrorists into the USA.

100-afghan-evacuees-flagged-terrorist-ties-intel-vetting-process-lags]

It turns out that the story from the Ds and the MSM about airlifting out our interpreters and people who worked for us was all a lie. The biden administration actually told them not to come to the airport because it was too dangerous. The people that Biden took were the mobs who got there first. All those people who ran out onto to airstrips and blocked our flights? Biden had them scooped up and loaded on planes.

The MSM reporting about vetting by diplomatic people at the airport? Just more lies.

Joe wanted to give a big speech about how successful his airlift was so he had them fill the planes with people without vetting them.

And now Joe has given his big speech, and now we get to find out who Joe picked up for us.....so far its turning out lots of them are terrorists.....and lots of them are rapists and other criminals ..... and lots of them are older men with child "brides."

Yup....Joe lied again.

Thanks Ds. You picked a senile old fool to be president, and you covered up for him for a whole year. Thanks a whole lot. Good job. Way to put party over country.

And Joe even left our highly trained K-9 dogs behind for the Taliban to eat. What a great guy that Joe Biden is....!!

SHEESH!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Postby Revi » Sun 05 Sep 2021, 17:38:55

Getting out of Afghanistan was a given. It was a mess, but what did you expect? Gail's most recent post was very good about this.

https://ourfiniteworld.com/2021/08/30/t ... y-problem/

We're in big trouble and it's not Biden's fault. In fact it wasn't Trump's fault either. It's Peak Oil.
Deep in the mud and slime of things, even there, something sings.
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Postby vtsnowedin » Sun 05 Sep 2021, 17:56:24

As bad as the Biden /Harris administration is I think the Republicans have just given them a lifeline with the stupid Texas abortion restriction law. You could not have balanced stupid left with stupid right any better if you tried.
Considering that a lot of Trump/ Republican voters will be dead by 2022 because they refused to get vaccinated ,so not voting,I have major doubts about the future of the country.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

PreviousNext

Return to North America Discussion