Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Democrat Thread Pt. 7

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: THE Democrat Thread Pt. 7

Postby Newfie » Sun 12 Sep 2021, 22:36:58

First, I am NOT an anti-vaxer, got shot in Jan and Feb. So lets put that aside.

Looking at the anti-vax statistics those with the lowest vax rates are blacks. And women more than men and the less educate also.

Now think about this; the Dems are strongest in large urban areas, where there is a high percent black population. And women vote more than men. And more highly educated people tend to Republican.

So when Biden is pissed at anti-vaxers he is directing that anger at his core constituency. I know he is playing to the progressives by attacking the Right, but he is also attacking his base.

Maybe he can get away with it. But it doesn’t sound real smart politics.

Then again, I am not good at politics.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Plantagenet » Mon 13 Sep 2021, 00:26:36

Biden promised to stop the pandemic and he has failed.

Biden made a huge mistake when he declared he could manage and end the pandemic during the 2020 campaign, and he he made another huge mistake when Biden declared the pandemic was ending back in July of 2021 and everybody should reopen their businesses and take off their masks and go to concerts and football games etc. etc. Because the Delta variant was just getting going in the USA when Joe was saying that............

The broken campaign promises and the misinformation propagated by Biden then is now coming back to haunt him. The Delta variant has come on Joe Biden's watch and Joe has totally screwed up the management of the Delta covid virus variant. And next comes the Mu variant which is vaccine resistant.....and who really believes Joe Biden has the slightest cue what to do about that.....

In many parts of the country infection rates and hospitalization rates have gone up dramatically since Biden declared the end of the pandemic back in July. In fact is some areas infection rates and hospitalization rates and even death rates are HIGHER now then they were when Biden took office.

Thats why Biden is flailing around ---- Biden is trying to find someone else to blame for his own complete and total failure to successfully deal with the Delta virus and this new wave of the pandemic.

Biden has not only failed to stop the pandemic as he promised during his 2020 election campaign...... things have gotten worse since the senile old fool was elected.

Cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Postby vtsnowedin » Thu 16 Sep 2021, 19:34:36

Biden needs to do something to convince reluctant black people to get vaccinated. Perhaps a speech where he addresses the Tuskegee experiments.
After putting forward profound apologies for what was done over decades he needs to point out that all those responsible are dead or at least out of power.
Today instead of treating black people in ways the government never did to white people we now have white people overwhelmingly getting vaccinated and living while black people are holding out and dying. If it is good enough and safe enough for white people it should be good enough for you and your family.
He should close with asking all who have as yet not got vaccinated to choose to stay among the living.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Postby Newfie » Fri 17 Sep 2021, 07:07:57

Vt,

The way the D’s are attacking anti-vaxers, who are even more strongly poor, uneducated blacks than R whites, I wonder if they are having a massive “Deplorables” moment.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby vtsnowedin » Fri 17 Sep 2021, 08:05:14

Newfie wrote:Vt,

The way the D’s are attacking anti-vaxers, who are even more strongly poor, uneducated blacks than R whites, I wonder if they are having a massive “Deplorables” moment.

Yes it is amazing to see how fast the Biden administration has collapsed into complete incompetence. And they can not speak out against their own set of "deplorables" without risking losing the votes that carry them election after election.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Postby Plantagenet » Fri 17 Sep 2021, 22:26:35

The Biden administration has now admitted that they accidentally killed an innocent family, including 7 young children, when they blew up a truck parked in a residential neighborhood in Kabul during the chaos of the US withdrawal.

pentagon-admits-biden-killed-10-innocent-civilians-kabul-drone-strike]

Two distinct lies are involved here.....the first lie was Joe Biden idiotically claiming in a speech that he had blown up a terrorist bomber when in fact he had blown up a family with little kids and other innocent people, including a man who worked for western aid groups in Kabul.

The second lie is Biden's claim that he can find terrorists in Afghanistan and attack them from "over the horizon" using drone attacks. Obviously he can't, as shown by the fact that when he tried to do it he completely failed to find a terrorist or a bomb..... instead Biden mistakenly blew up up 7 little kids and other innocent people in a residential neighborhood of Kabul.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Postby dissident » Sat 18 Sep 2021, 09:00:14

"My sincere apology".

Let's see that fly in the US for anyone who "accidentally" kills a family by assuming that they are criminals. I believe it is called 1st degree murder (planned and intentional). "I made a mistake" is not a defense.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Postby vtsnowedin » Sat 18 Sep 2021, 12:54:34

Apparently the "big Rally" at the Capital today is a dud with more Press there then attendees. I wonder what the full bill for all that fence etc. will come to?
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Postby vtsnowedin » Sat 18 Sep 2021, 13:00:16

dissident wrote:"My sincere apology".

Let's see that fly in the US for anyone who "accidentally" kills a family by assuming that they are criminals. I believe it is called 1st degree murder (planned and intentional). "I made a mistake" is not a defense.

There will be a conspiracy theory floated soon that it was a deep state, Military-Industrial establishment plot, to discredit and embarrass Biden, as payback for the surrender of Afghanistan and ending that cash flow stream for the defense contractors.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Postby Plantagenet » Sat 18 Sep 2021, 20:08:35

vtsnowedin wrote:

There will be a conspiracy theory floated soon that it was a deep state, Military-Industrial establishment plot, to discredit and embarrass Biden, as payback for the surrender of Afghanistan and ending that cash flow stream for the defense contractors.

Never ascribe to conspiracy that which can be explained by incompetence and stupidity.

There are all kinds of conspiracy theories about everything....but the simplest explanation for the stupid and foolish drone attack in Kabul is that Biden is an incompetent stupid fool. Remember how Biden kept boasting that the Taliban were helping the US pull out of Kabul? Most likely it was the Taliban who gave the Americans the address of that innocent family, and the incompetent idiots in the Biden administration then proceeded to blow up an innocent family. AND most likely Biden personally approved this drone attack, since thats the way drone attacks have been approved in the past.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Postby Outcast_Searcher » Fri 24 Sep 2021, 20:29:11

Plantagenet wrote:
vtsnowedin wrote:

Never ascribe to conspiracy that which can be explained by incompetence and stupidity.

There are all kinds of conspiracy theories about everything....but the simplest explanation for the stupid and foolish drone attack in Kabul is that Biden is an incompetent stupid fool. Remember how Biden kept boasting that the Taliban were helping the US pull out of Kabul? Most likely it was the Taliban who gave the Americans the address of that innocent family, and the incompetent idiots in the Biden administration then proceeded to blow up an innocent family. AND most likely Biden personally approved this drone attack, since thats the way drone attacks have been approved in the past.

Cheers!

So multiply that by, say, a thousand for all the GOP led adventurism in the Middle east since 1991. And then pretend that voting for the GOP is automatically a good thing, given the science denial, AGW denial, etc. that they tend to stand for.

But, of course, I know you will. Because that's what you're all about, given your history here, re politics.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Postby Plantagenet » Fri 24 Sep 2021, 21:46:43

Outcast_Searcher wrote: ....voting for the GOP is automatically a good thing

Thats a very simple-minded way to look at US politics., OS.

If you dig a little bit deeper into things I think you'll find the world is a lot more complicated and nuanced then you imagine.

But I'm not giving on you just yet. I'm counting on you to improve.

I'm hoping for more sophisticated and more intelligent posts from you in the future, OS.

I may be hoping in vain, but I still hold out hope for you.

Its all good!

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Postby vtsnowedin » Sat 25 Sep 2021, 04:40:35

Given the events of the last two months and the resulting decline for Biden in the polls things are looking very positive regarding the 2020 midterm election. But I see one event looming on the horizon that could change that and that is the supreme court hearing cases where they might overturn Roe vs Wade. If they do that they will enrage millions of women against the Republican party and hand the next couple of elections to the Democrats no matter how badly Biden continues to perform.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Postby Plantagenet » Sun 26 Sep 2021, 00:43:11

New York Governor Hochul threatens to fire all healthcare workers who aren't vaccinated and replace them with foreign workers.

new-york-gov-hochul-launches-purge-US-workers

Its funny how so many Ds seem to want to get rid of native born workers and replace them with foreigners.

Gov. Hochul could've said she would hire vaccinated US workers from other US states but no.....right away she says she wants to bring in foreigners to take US jobs.

Gov. Hochul says she wants to bring in foreigners to take US jobs in NY state

SHEESH!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Postby vtsnowedin » Mon 27 Sep 2021, 14:04:24

It is crunch time for Biden and the Democrats in Congress. They have to come to agreement among themselves to get anything done and so far it is not looking too good.
My WAG on it is they will get the debt limit increased but not by as much as Bernie and the squad want and they will pass the hard infrastructure bill as is along with about half of the people structure bill. Of course of Bernie and the squad hold out for the whole enchilada they well end up with nothing more then a continuing resolution on the debt limit. At any rate it will be an interesting week in the news.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Postby Outcast_Searcher » Wed 29 Sep 2021, 17:13:19

vtsnowedin wrote:It is crunch time for Biden and the Democrats in Congress. They have to come to agreement among themselves to get anything done and so far it is not looking too good.
My WAG on it is they will get the debt limit increased but not by as much as Bernie and the squad want and they will pass the hard infrastructure bill as is along with about half of the people structure bill. Of course of Bernie and the squad hold out for the whole enchilada they well end up with nothing more then a continuing resolution on the debt limit. At any rate it will be an interesting week in the news.

As if the GOP intransigence isn't about them trying to get their way, like not wanting to sign up for suspending the debt ceiling. (And I absolutely understand that, and being against huge government and taxes, tend to be for that).

It's all political calculation for BOTH sides, despite, amusingly IMO, BOTH sides, as always, trying to say that only the OTHER side is in the wrong.

Same as it ever was. As a moderate, since I'm not "for" either side, I just call them as I see them, and let the chips fall where they may, FWIW.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Postby Outcast_Searcher » Wed 29 Sep 2021, 17:15:41

Plantagenet wrote:
Outcast_Searcher wrote: ....voting for the GOP is automatically a good thing

Thats a very simple-minded way to look at US politics., OS.

If you dig a little bit deeper into things I think you'll find the world is a lot more complicated and nuanced then you imagine.

But I'm not giving on you just yet. I'm counting on you to improve.

I'm hoping for more sophisticated and more intelligent posts from you in the future, OS.

I may be hoping in vain, but I still hold out hope for you.

Its all good!

Cheers!

Wow. Given your history posting here and politics, you calling someone else simple minded is hysterical.

Congrats. /s

And as usual, being a babe in the woods, I believe EVERY WORD you type. /s LOL
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Postby vtsnowedin » Wed 29 Sep 2021, 18:28:59

I think the Republican's are making the valid point that the Bernie bill is not a good thing for the country ,it's economy ,or the tax payers.
Some things on the wish list would be very nice things to have but if you bankrupt the country trying to provide them the final results is about as negative as can be.
I'd like to see a proposal that eliminates a lot of tax loop holes or at least limits them to taking the tax rate on that income to fifteen percent not zero and see how much revenue that would raise. Then for discussions sake say those tax changes raised one trillion over ten years. Ok then what could you buy and pay for with that trillion.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Postby Newfie » Thu 30 Sep 2021, 08:25:57

To be fair it is not a Democrat problem, the Republicans have been just as wasteful over the last decades.

What both sides are responding to is the publics hue and cry, which is not for fiscal responsibility. And yes they also listen to the rich because that is where their donation come from.

At its core this is much more about the professional pros finding ways to extend their term and power than anything else.

I am not proposing some alternative answer. But it does seem that this democracy experiment is no panacea for human self interest.

At some point the debt bubble will burst and there will be a grand realignment.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby vtsnowedin » Thu 30 Sep 2021, 11:43:52

Newfie wrote:To be fair it is not a Democrat problem, the Republicans have been just as wasteful over the last decades.

Many Republicans acknowledge that they have been part of the problem but just as when a family gets to the bottom of the check book and the credit card limits it does not mater whether the wife or the husband spent the money they still both have to stop spending more then the next paycheck and not before they can deposit said check.
What both sides are responding to is the publics hue and cry, which is not for fiscal responsibility. And yes they also listen to the rich because that is where their donation come from.

At its core this is much more about the professional pros finding ways to extend their term and power than anything else.

I am not proposing some alternative answer. But it does seem that this democracy experiment is no panacea for human self interest.

The framers of the constitution set us up as a Republic, not a pure Democracy, knowing from history that all previous Democracies had failed due to the tendency of the majority to vote themselves bread and circuses without voting for the taxes to cover the cost. When it was written the voters were exclusively head of household and property owners (stake holders if you will) not the vagrant drunks and residents of the poor farms. As we expand voting rights to more and more non tax payers (not stake holders) we risk following all those previous Democracy attempts onto the ash heap of history.
At some point the debt bubble will burst and there will be a grand realignment.

Ayup I am afraid so!
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

PreviousNext

Return to North America Discussion