Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Democrat Thread Pt. 7

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: THE Democrat Thread Pt. 7

Postby vtsnowedin » Wed 03 Nov 2021, 20:36:18

Revi wrote:I just found out what "Let's Go Brandon" means. I guess it's a little better than the chant it replaced.

" A rose by any other name would smell as sweet."
I expect to see 'Lets go Brandon' at every opportunity for as long as Biden remains in office.
But lets assume that Biden has an unfortunate accident or medical issue and Harris ascends to the office of POTUS.
What will the new chant be?
Could she actually do a few things right if released from the shackles of the Biden administration teem? Does she have any idea of the difference between what they are trying to do now and what would actually be good for the country (and at the same time good for the party) ?
Sadly I think not from what I have seen.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Postby JuanP » Wed 03 Nov 2021, 21:54:04

You made me curious and I just googled it. Let's go Brandon!

I am actually very happy with Bumbling Biden. I expected him to be a terrible president, and he has exceeded my expectations; so far he's been even worse than I imagined. The guy obviously doesn't have the intellectual capacity or energy to possibly be a good US President. he should be retired and fishing, golfing, or some other shit like that. If he had an ounce of humility or self awareness he would know that.

IMO, Kamala Harris would make an even worse president, as hard as that is to imagine. The Dems need to start looking for better candidates for 2024.

Could we have a Trump vs. Biden election in 2024? I have no words!
"Human stupidity has no limits" JuanP
JuanP
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Postby Plantagenet » Wed 03 Nov 2021, 22:10:26

JuanP wrote:I am actually very happy with Bumbling Biden. I expected him to be a terrible president, and he has exceeded my expectations; so far he's been even worse than I imagined. The guy obviously doesn't have the intellectual capacity or energy to possibly be a good US President. he should be retired and fishing, golfing, or some other shit like that. If he had an ounce of humility or self awareness he would know that.

IMO, Kamala Harris would make an even worse president, as hard as that is to imagine.

Bumbling Biden has been very very good for some people.

For instance, surprisingly, in spite of his rhetoric, Biden has actually been very very good for rich people.

The stock market is up a record amount in Biden's first year.....this is very very good for rich people.

And Biden and the Ds are also proposing massive tax cuts for rich people.....if the Ds get their budget bills passed there will be a big tax break for millionaires so they will pay less then they did under Trump. The Ds tax proposals in the latest version of their bill are so bad that Bernie Sanders is now denouncing the Ds tax cuts for the rich.

beyond-unacceptable-bernie-rages-house-dems-propose-massive-tax-break-millionaires

This is a great example of why you just have ignore what politicians say and instead focus on what they do.

If you listened to the Ds rhetoric you'd think they are great friends of the poor.....but in reality they have turned out to be really great for the rich, with tax cuts planned for the rich that will even exceed those done by Trump.

Ignore what the Ds say.....what the Ds are actually doing is pushing for a big tax cut for the rich

Cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Postby vtsnowedin » Thu 04 Nov 2021, 10:29:55

Some of the gimmicks the Dems are considering are hard to believe. One has the cap on SALT deductions totally removed for two years and then replaced as if that would happen in an election year. Same with the extended child care credit ending after just two or three years (not sure where it is now as they are keeping any text close to the vest).
I applaud Manchin's insistence on seeing the CBO score of the bill as that would let voters understand the true impact of the package.
I do expect in the end they will raise the Salt cap not repeal it. After all a family making under $400K and living in a suburban house in New York can shell out close to $50K in state and local taxes.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Postby Newfie » Thu 04 Nov 2021, 13:18:13

VT,
Doesn’t the SALT then become a stealth subsidy to high tax states?
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby vtsnowedin » Thu 04 Nov 2021, 14:24:36

Newfie wrote:VT,
Doesn’t the SALT then become a stealth subsidy to high tax states?

Yes and I don't see why you and I should have to subsidize the property taxes on a billionaire's multi million dollar House or houses.
For that matter I don't think the interest on a mortgage of over $400,000 should be tax deductible. If you can afford that much house you ought to pay cash for it not borrow against your unrealized capital gains in your portfolio.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Postby vtsnowedin » Sat 06 Nov 2021, 19:55:52

JuanP wrote:It looks like Biden is not polling very well. I agree with Newfie above. I never expected anything from the Republican Party, so they can't disappoint me, but I expected better from the Dems, and they have disappointed me sooooooooooooo much, that now I dislike them more than I dislike Repubs.

And in the USA during the past decade the left has become more aggressive, abusive, disrespectful, and intransigent than the right. I never expected to live through times like these. Things are much worse than I ever thought possible, and most people say I am a pessimist! The future looks bleak in today's USA!

Are you saying you are now a swing voter open to voting for a non Trump GOP candidate in the next election? Last Tuesdays' results show you are not alone.
The progressives have just had their heads handed to them on a platter but apparently they have not yet read the memo.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Postby Revi » Sun 07 Nov 2021, 12:27:39

At least they got an infrastructure bill passed. Remember Infrastructure week? I wish it was for getting ready for what's coming, but what are you going to do?
At least they'll fix some bridges so that people can drive oxcarts across them.
Deep in the mud and slime of things, even there, something sings.
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Postby AdamB » Sun 07 Nov 2021, 15:05:32

Revi wrote:At least they got an infrastructure bill passed. Remember Infrastructure week? I wish it was for getting ready for what's coming, but what are you going to do?

Drive your EV, laugh at those still buying liquid fuels at the jihadi support stores, and be happy in the thought that old age is likely to get you before peak oil?
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Postby JuanP » Sun 07 Nov 2021, 22:42:36

vtsnowedin wrote:
JuanP wrote:It looks like Biden is not polling very well. I agree with Newfie above. I never expected anything from the Republican Party, so they can't disappoint me, but I expected better from the Dems, and they have disappointed me sooooooooooooo much, that now I dislike them more than I dislike Repubs.

And in the USA during the past decade the left has become more aggressive, abusive, disrespectful, and intransigent than the right. I never expected to live through times like these. Things are much worse than I ever thought possible, and most people say I am a pessimist! The future looks bleak in today's USA!

Are you saying you are now a swing voter open to voting for a non Trump GOP candidate in the next election? Last Tuesdays' results show you are not alone.
The progressives have just had their heads handed to them on a platter but apparently they have not yet read the memo.

I am not a US voter, but your description would fit me if I were. In the past I have always been fiscally conservative and socially progressive, but always leaned towards the Democrats until Hillary came along. If I had had to choose between Trump and Hillary or Biden then I would have chosen Trump. If I were an American citizen I would probably simply not vote, unless the right candidate showed up, which I think would be very unlikely. In theory, I would most definitely vote for the right GOP candidate if I considered her/him the best candidate, which is something I never imagined I would do when I was younger.

The Democrats' behavior has become worse than the Republicans' in the last 10 years or so, and they are now the biggest, and most intransigent, bullies, IMO. And I am sick and tired of "woke" people. I completely sympathize with most of their goals, but not with their ways and means to achieve them. I believe the anti-woke movement will crush the woke in the end, and the woke will have nobody but themselves to blame for it. If someone as socially progressive as I am can't stand them, I figure the vast majority of people can't either. It feels so strange to agree with the silent majority!
JuanP
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Postby JuanP » Sun 07 Nov 2021, 22:46:48

Revi wrote:At least they got an infrastructure bill passed. Remember Infrastructure week? I wish it was for getting ready for what's coming, but what are you going to do?
At least they'll fix some bridges so that people can drive oxcarts across them.

I am somewhat happy they did. At least they won't spend that money messing with foreign countries. American infrastructure is falling apart and needs huge investments. I can't help but wonder how much of that money will be wasted to bureaucracy, inefficiency, corruption, and building things we don't need, though.
JuanP
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Postby Newfie » Mon 08 Nov 2021, 08:24:56

If it is like my experience with Obama’s “shovel ready” efforts, most will just go to oiling the consulting industry.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby vtsnowedin » Mon 08 Nov 2021, 11:04:48

Newfie wrote:If it is like my experience with Obama’s “shovel ready” efforts, most will just go to oiling the consulting industry.

Sad but true.
I see Biden's approval rating is at a new low especially with rural voters. No wonder when a rural person fills up their F-150 and it cost $30 more then it did last year then they drive to the supermarket and a cart full of groceries that cost $200 now costs $300 if they still choose to buy some bacon or other meat. Then when they get home there is a ticket on the door from the fuel delivery truck that filled up their tank for the furnace or their tractors for $800.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Postby Plantagenet » Tue 09 Nov 2021, 13:16:55

vtsnowedin wrote:I see Biden's approval rating is at a new low especially with rural voters. No wonder when a rural person fills up their F-150 and it cost $30 more then it did last year then they drive to the supermarket and a cart full of groceries that cost $200 now costs $300 if they still choose to buy some bacon or other meat. Then when they get home there is a ticket on the door from the fuel delivery truck that filled up their tank for the furnace or their tractors for $800.

No worries.

Biden has a clever plan to fix the high oil prices.

He begged OPEC to pump more oil and they said no.

So now he's going to tap the Strategic Oil Reserve.

Problem solved......

Its pure genius.....at least in Joe Biden's befuddled mind. :roll: 8) :lol: :-D

CHEERS!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Postby vtsnowedin » Wed 10 Nov 2021, 08:10:18

Yes if this were baseball this administration would be Zero for ten or more at bats.
I cannot see a single thing they have done well and to make matters worse when the failures become apparent to all they fail to change tactics to correct their mistakes.
Now they are "considering" shutting down yet another pipeline.
White House deputy press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre backtracked Monday after slamming reporting on the Line 5 pipeline in Michigan as "inaccurate," admitting that the administration is indeed exploring the potential impact of shutting it down amid a global energy crisis.

Jean-Pierre made the comment during the White House daily press briefing in response to Fox News White House correspondent Peter Doocy, who asked why the Biden administration is "now considering shutting down the Line 5 pipeline from Canada to Michigan" while oil and gas prices continue to skyrocket.

https://news.yahoo.com/white-house-back ... p_catchall
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Postby Revi » Wed 10 Nov 2021, 18:38:58

vtsnowedin wrote:Yes if this were baseball this administration would be Zero for ten or more at bats.
I cannot see a single thing they have done well and to make matters worse when the failures become apparent to all they fail to change tactics to correct their mistakes.
Now they are "considering" shutting down yet another pipeline.
White House deputy press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre backtracked Monday after slamming reporting on the Line 5 pipeline in Michigan as "inaccurate," admitting that the administration is indeed exploring the potential impact of shutting it down amid a global energy crisis.

Jean-Pierre made the comment during the White House daily press briefing in response to Fox News White House correspondent Peter Doocy, who asked why the Biden administration is "now considering shutting down the Line 5 pipeline from Canada to Michigan" while oil and gas prices continue to skyrocket.

https://news.yahoo.com/white-house-back ... p_catchall

What were they pumping from Canada anyway? I know it sounds bad, but if it was tar sands and fracked oil then maybe it doesn't matter, since there may not be enough to fill a pipeline anyway.
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Postby Plantagenet » Wed 10 Nov 2021, 18:51:11

Its astonishing how often the Biden administration lies.

Is there anything they haven't lied about?

From Joe Biden's absurd lying claims that everything was hunky dory in Afghanistan to his desperate claims that all the Americans had gotten out (there are still several dozen trapped in Afghanistan) to lying and claiming there was no inflation and lying about energy prices and, one of my favorites, Joe Biden lied when he said the trillions in new spending he wants "won't cost anything" and there are Joe's lies about the million dollar payments to illegal aliens and now there is this new lie denying the administration is considering shutting down another pipeline at the same time the US is hitting new highs in gasoline and heating oil prices.

The sheer incompetence of the Biden administration is bad enough....but then they have to lie about it, and then when their lies are caught out they scurry around like cockroaches trying to correct all their lies.

Its turned into a consistent pattern for the Bidenistas.....first they propose something unbelievably stupid, then they stupidly lie about it, and then they begrudgingly correct their own stupid lies.

They say an organization takes on the personality of its leader.....unfortunately Biden was never very smart, and now that he's in cognitive decline he's become a shameless liar trying to push stupid lies. And his whole administration seems to be following Joe's lead.

Joe Biden wants to pay 1 million dollars to some immigrant families......and he claims that won't encourage more illegal immigration. SHEESH!

Ohmigod Biden is sooooooo stupid!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Postby Plantagenet » Thu 11 Nov 2021, 17:32:21

Remember when Joe Biden said he was going to fix the problem of all the ships being unable to unload their cargo in California?

Well....Joe Biden the senile old fool has managed to make things even worse.

record-111-container-ships-anchored-southern-california-congestion-crisis-worsens]

I have never seen such an incompetent idiot as Joe Biden. It seems like every single time he speaks he is lying about something (only to have his own white house staff later issue a correction). And sure enough..Joe Biden went on national TV and promised to fix the shipping mess.....and whatever he did has only made it worse.

What a clown. Joe Biden is an utter doofus and a fool and an incompetent. And then he has the gall to yell at reporters who ask him simple questions about his incompetence.

SHEESH!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Postby Newfie » Thu 11 Nov 2021, 18:37:52

Plant,

For your reading pleasure.

https://gcaptain.com/white-house-fact-s ... waterways/

And then a glimpse at what they REALLY think.

https://gcaptain.com/gene-seroka-nation ... me-policy/

I have my own very different thoughts in the matter.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Revi » Thu 11 Nov 2021, 21:02:32

We're in a pickle. All that schlock is sitting on ships and not getting to the consumers! The problem is that nobody's going to feel like buying stuff once they pay their heating bills. Maybe the whole consumer game is falling apart..
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

PreviousNext

Return to North America Discussion