Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Democrat Thread Pt. 7

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: THE Democrat Thread Pt. 7

Unread postby Newfie » Mon 21 Feb 2022, 09:06:35

Another thought. Elsewhere are long discussions of Russian/Ukraine history. They are interesting and useful to a point. We often look back to understand today.

Putin, I suspect, is more focused on the future, he intends to make history not read it. Imagine yourself gazing Westward out a Kremlin window, let your mind wander, what would you see? What does Vlad see?
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby AgentR11 » Mon 21 Feb 2022, 13:01:18

I think he sees a stuck anchor and a storm front overhead. From the moment he decided to float the ruble till today, he's been paying out line and trying to get free of the anchor without being stomped by the storm.
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Tue 22 Feb 2022, 12:57:47

Someone suggested that for the state of the union speech next week Biden could just talk about things that have gone well for his administration and be out of there in about five minutes!
I would hate to be the speech writer tasked with putting lipstick on this pig. :twisted:
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Newfie » Thu 24 Feb 2022, 19:59:09

Vt,

Feeling any better about it today?

I am thinking “Red Wave”, and I don’t mean commies.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Thu 24 Feb 2022, 20:44:13

Newfie wrote:Vt,

Feeling any better about it today?

I am thinking “Red Wave”, and I don’t mean commies.

I think a "Red wave" will happen come November but it maybe ( more likely probably) way too late to stop the loss of Ukraine and even Taiwan.
That will be a "Pearl harbor moment" and set us on a course that will cost millions of American lives.
That many more millions of other peoples lives are also lost will be small consolation to the families of those we lose here.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Newfie » Thu 24 Feb 2022, 22:11:05

VT,

I surely hope you are wrong about that.

Frankly I don’t see that happening, but I’ve dropped my crystal ball too many times to be positive.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Plantagenet » Fri 25 Feb 2022, 00:45:37

The Biden White House just admitted that they've designed their sanctions so as to not interrupt the flow of fossil fuels from Russia

biden-white-house-slammed-sanctions-not-designed-disrupt-russia-energy-exports

So biden isn't putting any sanctions directly on Putin.....and Biden also isn't putting sanctions on Russian energy???

And there will also be no sanctions on Russia remaining in good standing in the international SWIFT money system???

Sounds to me like the sanctions on Russia aren't tough at all.

Biden is being a wimp as usual.

Could it be because the Russians have videos of Hunter Biden doing "crazy $#Hing sex"? as Hunter claimed in his laptop??

Hunter says the Russians have videos of him doing "crazy F&^%ing sex". Does that give the Russians leverage over Joe?

Hmmm.........

SHEESH!!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Newfie » Fri 25 Feb 2022, 09:41:47

Plant;

Two words would defuse any such video.

Photo Shop
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Plantagenet » Fri 25 Feb 2022, 13:15:54

Newfie wrote:Plant;

Two words would defuse any such video.

Photo Shop

Are you suggesting that Hunter Biden used photoshop to make fake movies of himself smoking crack and hanging with hookers and then planted them on his own laptop?

I can't believe that----thats too stupid for even the Bidens to do.

Its in the public record that Hunter Biden was booted out of the military for being a drug addict.......why ignore the facts?

The laptop from hell was clearly his laptop......the Biden's don't deny it and the FBI took it into custody and is conducting the world's slowest investigation of Hunter Biden....in fact a grand jury took testimony on Hunter Biden just last week. And if the Rs take over the House in the next election, they promised an investigation into the question of whether foreign powers have been bribing the Bidens by channelling millions of dollars through Hunter Biden (along with drugs and whores).

Like it or not, the videos exist and the story they tell is the sad tale of a corrupt political crime family----the Bidens.

Why does it strain credulity to think that a crack addict named Hunter Biden would take videos of himself smoking crack and being with hookers? Or that foreign governments would notice that Hoe Biden's son is a crack addict and channel bribes through him to Hoe Biden?

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Doly » Fri 25 Feb 2022, 13:52:47

The laptop from hell was clearly his laptop......the Biden's don't deny it

Denials and non-denials are purely a matter of whatever the PR experts think are the best optics at any given time. There is just no information content in such things.

I have no trouble accepting that it's possible that Hunter Biden was up to all sorts of things. I only have trouble accepting that anyone among the high-ups actually gives a toss about him being a drug addict, whether he is or not, or his sexual proclivities, whatever they are. Those are the stories told to the plebs. Whatever the vendetta is really about, and I admit I have no idea what it may be about, it's something that the elites care about. It could be espionage (of any sort), fraud, any sort of money shenanigans, or any one of many things that the elites do that the plebs simply have no experience of. And Hunter Biden may be guilty, or smeared, or any weird combination of both.

But it's all just the elites trying to get you to care about their fights, as if they had anything to do with you. And all that those fights have to do with you is that you are going to get screwed by one of them, and they're just fighting among themselves which one of them is going to screw you, and how. Maybe you hope that there is some way of interpreting those stories that lets you know who is going to screw you and how, but I don't know why you'd trust them to tell you the truth.
Doly
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Plantagenet » Fri 25 Feb 2022, 14:26:32

Denials and non-denials are purely a matter of whatever the PR experts think are the best optics at any given time. There is just no information content in such things.

Why waste your time on denials and non-denials?

Why not investigate things for yourself?

I have no trouble accepting that it's possible that Hunter Biden was up to all sorts of things. I only have trouble accepting that anyone among the high-ups actually gives a toss about him being a drug addict, whether he is or not, or his sexual proclivities, whatever they are.

Again, why even waste time questioning whether or not Hunter Biden is/was a drug addict?

Its in the public record that Hunter Biden was cashiered out of the armed forces for being a drug addict.

...it's all just the elites trying to get you to care about their fights, as if they had anything to do with you.

I can't believe you don't understand that politics and government policies affect you.

I can see how a hermit who lives in a cave and doesn't pay taxes or have any other interactions with government might imagine that government policies have no effect on them, but for the rest of us government policies play a large role in the economy, energy policy, climate change policy, social policies and a myriad of other things that affect us.

CHEERS!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Newfie » Fri 25 Feb 2022, 16:32:08

Plant;

If the videos come out the classic m will be-made that they are fake. Given the power of video editing, and the power of denial, seeing what you want to see, they have little chance of being an effective blackmail tool.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby jedrider » Fri 25 Feb 2022, 23:56:43

Hunter smoking crack with Hookers?

Is that worst than Republicans having sex with Minors?

Hunter is not even a politician!
jedrider
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sat 26 Feb 2022, 01:25:14

jedrider wrote:Hunter smoking crack with Hookers?

...Hunter is not even a politician!

JEEZ---Do I have to explain everything to you?

Yes, Hunter Biden is not a politician himself, but ..... get ready to learn something jedr.....Hunter Biden is the SON of a very prominent politician.

In fact, according to Hunter himself, Biden takes Hunter with him on his official trips to China, Russia, etc. and while Joe Biden is busy doing official things Hunters goes off behind the scenes with various oligarchs and foreign intelligence agents from China and Russia and they give him millions of dollars and he passes the bribe money on to the "Big Guy", i.e. his dad.

Its a pretty sleazy story, but then the Bidens seems to be a pretty sleazy bunch.

Check it out for yourself.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Newfie » Sat 26 Feb 2022, 10:17:27

Plant,

Very few will care.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sat 26 Feb 2022, 13:48:50

Newfie wrote:Plant,

Very few will care.

Thanks Newfie.

I know that.

I'm not trying to make anyone care about anything......I'm usually laughing as I post things here.

For instance, I was laughing as I patiently explained to jedr in my post above that Hunter Biden is Joe Biden's son.

Now jedr is a smart guy and I'm sure jedr actually knew Hunter Biden is Joe Biden's son that but for some weird reason he posted as though Hunter had nothing to do with anything political.

How funny is that!

It is to laugh!

IMHO the situation in the US and the world today is so crazy and so bizarre and so dire that there isn't anything else to do but laugh at it.

And I hope my posts make somebody else laugh as well.

Its not like laughing is bad, is it?

I come to this site to find something funny to laugh about-----and it rarely disappoints.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Newfie » Sat 26 Feb 2022, 16:08:57

Plant,

Humor is the last refuge of sanity.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Sat 26 Feb 2022, 17:13:34

Humor, which I appreciate, is fine.
But I am concerned that the Biden administration being as inept as it has shown that it will make all the wrong moves and leave us fighting a war that they have done little to prepare us for and given the enemy every advantage.
I expect we will survive even this but the unnecessary loss of American lives both military and civilian is a grievous loss that could be avoided given intelligent and courageous leadership.
And no, I do not think Trump would do any better and perhaps make it worse.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Newfie » Sat 26 Feb 2022, 18:33:28

Vt,

Elsewhere I read a majority of Americans want a third party.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Sat 26 Feb 2022, 18:54:10

Newfie wrote:Vt,

Elsewhere I read a majority of Americans want a third party.

That would be interesting but difficult to actually do.
I am hoping the Republican leadership realizes that Trump is the wrong path and repudiates him and all his accolades.
There are a large number of independents today that actually swing elections one way or the other but they lack a charismatic leader or a message beyond 'Not Trump' or 'Not Biden'.
If Zelensky, the president of Ukraine, was a native born American he could win the presidency in a heartbeat.
I do not see any American in politics of that caliber today.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

PreviousNext

Return to North America Discussion