Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

OMG - funny/weird/etc.

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

OMG - funny/weird/etc.

Unread postby Newfie » Mon 12 Jul 2021, 18:09:33

A place where you can just post things that make you go “WTF?” or spit out your nose or gag or what ever. Humor should be stressed.

Warning labels.

As someone else said - lets ban all warning labels and let Darwinism do its work.

My favorite from this Forbs list:

Label: Ask a doctor before use if you have difficulty urinating due to an enlarged prostate.

Product: Midol Menstrual Complete

But this is a close second:

Label: This product may contain eggs.

Product: eggs

https://www.forbes.com/2011/02/23/dumbe ... 336e7254fc
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: OMG - funny/weird/etc.

Unread postby JuanP » Tue 13 Jul 2021, 08:42:16

"US diplomat at center of railway sign theft scandal was flown back by Washington to avoid facing charges in Russia, Moscow claims"
https://www.rt.com/russia/529067-diplom ... eft-flown/

"An American envoy accused of endangering lives by breaking and stealing a railway sign from a busy train junction left Russia to return home to the US rather than face potential criminal action, officials in Moscow have said.

Speaking as part of an interview with a news program broadcast on YouTube on Tuesday, Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova explained that the Russian government had issued a protest to Washington over the incident, which took place last spring.

The Foreign Ministry had announced the day before that the authorities had evidence confirming that an employee of the US diplomatic mission in Moscow was behind the theft of a railway pointer signal from a junction outside a station in Ostashkov, near the Central Russian city of Tver. A video clip, made exclusively available to RT, shows the man alleged to be an American diplomat snapping off the indicator. Officials say it was a vital piece of infrastructure and its removal threatened the lives of train passengers."

This is about as insane as insanity can go! :lol:
"Human stupidity has no limits" JuanP
JuanP
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Wed 14 Jul 2021, 08:43:56

I wonder what the sign said that made it so interesting?

In the US it is not uncommon for signs to be stolen as a momento or because they are funny. I have a sign in our basement some previous tenant swiped and then left behind. I have known folks to steal railroad crossing signs.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Zarquon » Tue 03 Aug 2021, 23:16:44

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ate-change
“I understand from what’s been testified to the Forest Service and the BLM [Bureau of Land Management], you want very much to work on the issue of climate change,” Gohmert said, adding that a past director of Nasa had once told him that orbits of the moon and the Earth were indeed changing.

“We know there’s been significant solar flare activity, and so … is there anything that the National Forest Service or BLM can do to change the course of the moon’s orbit, or the Earth’s orbit around the sun?” Gohmert asked. “Obviously that would have profound effects on our climate.”

Eberlien said she would have to “follow up with you on that one, Mr Gohmert.”

“Well, if you figure out a way that you in the Forest Service can make that change, I’d like to know,” Gohmert added.

Republicans. You couldn't make them up.
Zarquon
Lignite
Lignite

Return to Open Topic Discussion