Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

FORWARD - New Political Party 2022

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

FORWARD - New Political Party 2022

Unread postby Newfie » Thu 28 Jul 2022, 16:31:41

About time.

The Forward Party (FWD) is a political action committee (PAC) that seeks to form a new populist and radical centrist political party in the United States. The Forward Party has one political party affiliate at the state-level seeking to achieve ballot access, including in 29 other states by 2023, and ballot access in all 50 states by 2024.[7]

The PAC, which was founded by former Democratic 2020 presidential and 2021 New York City mayoral candidate Andrew Yang, describes its goals as the reduction of partisan polarization and implementing electoral reforms.[8] The Forward Party was officially formed as a political action committee on October 5, 2021.[8] The PAC intends to seek recognition from the Federal Election Commission as a political party to achieve its stated goal of providing an alternative to the two major American parties.[9][10] However, it also states that for the time being, candidates affiliated with the organization will remain members of the two major American political parties, as well as independent candidates.[11]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forward_Party

And more than somewhat telling is I read about it in a CANADIAN paper.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: FORWARD - New Political Party 2022

Unread postby JuanP » Fri 29 Jul 2022, 09:33:12

Newfie wrote:About time.

The Forward Party (FWD) is a political action committee (PAC) that seeks to form a new populist and radical centrist political party in the United States. The Forward Party has one political party affiliate at the state-level seeking to achieve ballot access, including in 29 other states by 2023, and ballot access in all 50 states by 2024.[7]

The PAC, which was founded by former Democratic 2020 presidential and 2021 New York City mayoral candidate Andrew Yang, describes its goals as the reduction of partisan polarization and implementing electoral reforms.[8] The Forward Party was officially formed as a political action committee on October 5, 2021.[8] The PAC intends to seek recognition from the Federal Election Commission as a political party to achieve its stated goal of providing an alternative to the two major American parties.[9][10] However, it also states that for the time being, candidates affiliated with the organization will remain members of the two major American political parties, as well as independent candidates.[11]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forward_Party

And more than somewhat telling is I read about it in a CANADIAN paper.

And I read about it yesterday on Russia Today (RT).

"America’s new third party emerges"

https://www.rt.com/news/559745-forward-party-us-yang/
"Human stupidity has no limits" JuanP
JuanP
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Fri 29 Jul 2022, 11:25:27

Not that mainstream media would intentionally not cover this or anything.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sun 31 Jul 2022, 15:43:58

CNN just had James Carville to say that Andew Yang's third party idea is a really stupid idea .....

james-carville-andrew-yang-political-party-really-stupid.cnn

Of course Carville and CNN are both firmly in the D camp and the Ds typically see everything through the narrow prism of what hurts or helps the D party against the Rs. Based on Carville's and CNN's preemptive attack, the Ds seem to feel that Yang's FORWARD PARTY will hurt them more then it hurts the Rs.

Cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Newfie » Sun 31 Jul 2022, 16:05:34

Republicans will probably act the same.

NY Times had an opinion piece explaining why it would fail.

Every time I see something like this I will post a link to the party on FB.

https://www.forwardparty.com/

Need 3 good reasons to vote FORWARD?

1-Hillary
2-Donald
3-Joe
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sun 31 Jul 2022, 16:23:31

I went to your link, Newfie, and from there to another link that led to the website for the forward party.

Then I started reading their political principles statement.

It was mostly platitudes but eventually they made some concrete proposals.....and their first proposal....the first one on their list?

Ranked Choice voting.

Ohmigosh....don't get me started on that. Alaska just instituted ranked choice voting and it has been a disaster so far. And how did we get it? Far left progressive groups from out of state spent millions bombarding Alaskans with misleading ads in favor of ranked choice voting....and it passed with 50.5% of the vote.

So now we've got ranked choice voting thanks to some national leftist scheme to screw up Alaskan voting.

And we just had our first vote under the new system.

Every voter in Alaska got mailed a ballot with 68 names on it. Most of the candidates were just jokes.

So who won? The candidates with the most name recognition.

Far from reforming the ballot, ranked choice voting make it pretty much impossible to ever have a debate or even see all the candidates.

All we got was just a long long list.

Pick a name....oh.....there's a name that sounds familiar.

So I'm disappointed that ranked choice voting is goal #1 for the FORWARD PARTY.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby jedrider » Sun 31 Jul 2022, 16:29:08

Is that like trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear? I think so.

There is probably only two parties effectively. Either you take over the party or you play on the sidelines.
jedrider
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Sun 31 Jul 2022, 16:46:14

With 2 parties you have what we have now, each locked in an existential war.

Look at major US cities such as Chicago, DC, and Philadelphia where the D party has win that war. Ir the SOUTH under Yellow Dog Democrats. Take that as a model for what victory, by either side, would look like.

The Forward Party could run a horse for all I care. They at least have a suggestion, a platform, something to discuss besides the personalities of Hillary and Donald. I am tired of “Bennie and the Jets” personalities and campaigns. Lets argue about ideas.

First off, let it be known that the titular “Bennie and the Jets” are actually a fictional band created by Elton John and the song’s co-writer, Bernie Taupin. And Elton sings this song primarily from the viewpoint of an adoring fan of the group. And this is done in a comical way as in to make fun of young people who mindlessly follow musicians not based on the sound they produce per se but rather due their style, gimmicks and special effects. Or as Taupin reportedly put it, this track is meant to serve as a satire of the pop music industry.

Read more at: https://www.songmeaningsandfacts.com/me ... lton-john/

Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Newfie » Sun 31 Jul 2022, 16:56:41

jedrider wrote:Is that like trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear? I think so.

There is probably only two parties effectively. Either you take over the party or you play on the sidelines.

Well that is exactly the point isn’t it. Winner take all. Exterminate the Faciest/Communist opposition. All hail the Pure Religion.

Yup you got it.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby jato0072 » Sun 31 Jul 2022, 18:15:59

I went to the FORWARD party website. I read their platform and saw "Universal Basic Income" which is a deal breaker for me. However, I welcome other political parties to compete with the D's and R's. We need more choices.
"On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."
jato0072
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby theluckycountry » Sun 31 Jul 2022, 19:05:37

You are playing with yourself if you expect a 'New' political party to turn back the tide. What are they going to do, create more oil in the ground? magically vanish the national debt and convince the public it's in their best interests to stop consuming and live like Sri Lankans to get their personal debts expunged and rebuild all the worn out infrastructure across the nation?

Sri Lankan protesters party in the president's mansion as he flees the country

https://www.npr.org/2022/07/13/11110879 ... t-is-uncle

Is this going to fix Sri Lanka's economic woes? Replenish their foreign reserves so they can import fuel and fertilizer again? No! They will be lucking if they don't end up with a military junta running the nation. It's too late for a new party, and especially one that will quickly fall into bed with the international bankers and other corporation blocks.

People who believe different are simply ignorant of history. America won the second world war, through their wealth, logistics, they came out on top with the best living standards the world had ever seen. In the years since they have frittered that advantage completely away, they are a husk now, basically a second world nation rapidly transitioning to a 3rd world nation. Centralized Federal politics can't fix anything, it's only function is to exploit, to transfer wealth from the bottom to the top.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sun 31 Jul 2022, 23:22:30

Newfie wrote:With 2 parties you have what we have now, each locked in an existential war.

Actually, its more complicated then that. The two parties aren't evil single-minded monoliths.....There are lots of internal factions and internal debates WITHIN the two parties. For instance in the Ds you've got the Progressives and the woke versus the big business corporate types and the neocons. In the Rs you've got the Trumpies vs. the never-Trumpies and even more neocons. There is a lot debate and lots of factions on all sides in both parties....it just all plays out within a two party system instead of all of them going to ballot together.

Newfie wrote:Look at major US cities such as Chicago, DC, and Philadelphia where the D party has win that war. Ir the SOUTH under Yellow Dog Democrats. Take that as a model for what victory, by either side, would look like.

Yes.

Thats exactly why we don't want to have victory by either side. We NEED a loyal opposition to keep the dominant party honest. AND right now the Ds are the dominant party and they want to annihilate the Rs in every state as they have done in California and Massachusetts and Illinois and New York.

Newfie wrote:The Forward Party could run a horse for all I care. They at least have a suggestion, a platform, something to discuss besides the personalities of Hillary and Donald. I am tired of “Bennie and the Jets” personalities and campaigns.

I guess....although it seems to me that the personality of Andrew Yang is going to be the animating force of the Forward party.......and personally I find Andrew Yang's ideas to be almost as nutty as Hillary and Joe and Donald's......even though Yang is arguably better just because he is younger.

Yang's ideas are just as nutty as other politicians are........and he's the man behind the Forward party

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Newfie » Mon 01 Aug 2022, 07:36:42

Adding a 3rd part; no matter how nutty, changes the dynamic PROVIDED they get sufficient air time and exposure.

So far MSM is starving them.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby jato0072 » Mon 01 Aug 2022, 11:25:54

I imagine the FORWARD Party would mostly pull votes away from potential Democrat Party voters. I can't see many Republicans voting for any FORWARD Party candidates.
"On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."
jato0072
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Newfie » Mon 01 Aug 2022, 14:32:20

Well the the Dem party should straighten up and pay attention.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 01 Aug 2022, 18:51:54

Newfie wrote:Adding a 3rd part; no matter how nutty, changes the dynamic PROVIDED they get sufficient air time and exposure.

So far MSM is starving them.

That's no surprise.

The MSM is mostly aligned with the D party and pretty much says whatever the D party line is at given moment.

Right now the MSM is spending a lot of their time painting Trump as a boogie man so the Ds can continue to run against Trump in 2022. The MSM has been pushing the line "orange man bad" for the last 6 years and its worked out very well for the Ds.

You can't expect the MSM to report on actual news items like inflation or the creation of the Forward party when they're so busy spreading D propaganda about orange man bad.

Orange man bad---Biden good---no recession here----economy doing great----Forward Party? NO TIME-----Orange man bad----Biden good----

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Return to Open Topic Discussion