Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

book recommendation

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

book recommendation

Unread postby mousepad » Tue 20 Dec 2022, 10:08:12

I was wondering if any of you had a book recommendation. I need some reading material during Christmas, sitting in front of the fireplace. Thank you.
mousepad
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Re: book recommendation

Unread postby careinke » Tue 20 Dec 2022, 14:55:10

mousepad wrote:I was wondering if any of you had a book recommendation. I need some reading material during Christmas, sitting in front of the fireplace. Thank you.

Do you have a Genre in mind?

If it is SF: I recommend Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir. Best SF I've read in years.

Ecology: The New Wild: Why Invasive Species Will Be Natures Salvation by Fred Pearce.

Economics: The Price of Tomorrow (Why deflation is the key to an abundant future) by Jeff Booth.

Peace
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby mousepad » Tue 20 Dec 2022, 15:31:32

careinke wrote:
mousepad wrote:I was wondering if any of you had a book recommendation. I need some reading material during Christmas, sitting in front of the fireplace. Thank you.

Do you have a Genre in mind?

If it is SF: I recommend Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir. Best SF I've read in years.

Ecology: The New Wild: Why Invasive Species Will Be Natures Salvation by Fred Pearce.

Economics: The Price of Tomorrow (Why deflation is the key to an abundant future) by Jeff Booth.

Peace

Great. Thank you. That sounds interesting. I'll look into it.
mousepad
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby theluckycountry » Fri 27 Jan 2023, 15:59:58

There are some excellent science books, books on Astronomy, Physics, Biology, that turn up on Ebay real cheap. They can be found in thrift shops too if you can stand the smell of all the old cloths. I like to study/read these, as well as novels because they challenge your brain. They also help ground me in reality, a useful thing these days.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Return to Open Topic Discussion