Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Joe Biden Thread Pt. 5

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: THE Joe Biden Thread Pt. 5

Unread postby Plantagenet » Thu 25 May 2023, 02:44:36

Joe Biden's shameful refusal to negotiate over the debt limit is starting to cause real damage to the US economy as credit agencies are getting ready to cut the US credit rating.

fitch-places-us-on-rating-watch-negative

Joe BIden has already caused the amount the US has to pay to service its debt to quadruple due to the big jumps in inflation and interest rates that have occurred on his watch.

Now Biden's failure to pressure his fellow Ds to pass a debt limit bill to match the debt that the Rs have already passed is going to cost US taxpayers even more after US credit ratings are downgraded.

Obama was totally right when he said Joe can really #$%$$#$ things up......another few days and we can add the US credit rating to the list of things that Biden has #$%%$ up.

Obama was totally right when he said Joe can really #$%$$#$ things up...

SHEESH!!!!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 25 May 2023, 10:43:48

Plantagenet wrote:Now Biden's failure to pressure his fellow Ds to pass a debt limit bill to match the debt that the Rs have already passed is going to cost US taxpayers even more after US credit ratings are downgraded.

He isn't pressuring them to pass a debt limit increase, they'd do that in a second. The Republicrats have a bunch of other stuff attached that have nothing to do with the debt limit. Nice misrepresentation Plant, but do you really think the few around here, even the foreigners, are so stupid as to not know better? Unless of course YOU don't know better, which is entirely another level of right wing trolling, or lines up with "scientifically accurate" in Plant world when it comes to, as one example, Dems bailing people out of morgues as you've claimed.
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby ralfy » Thu 25 May 2023, 21:06:04

ralfy
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby careinke » Thu 25 May 2023, 21:52:20

The Dim party reminds me of George Orwell's "Animal Farm." I would say the party has progressed past the point of the 1917 revolution and is well into total conversion to the Stalinist Era of the Soviet Union.

The Dim "Super Representatives" are filling the roles of the pigs in the story. After all, some are are more equal than others. And lack of transparency is key. Maybe the Dim party should rename themselves the "Pig Party." As that is how the Dim party is acting.

On the plus side, we can hope the Dims meet the same fate as the USSR.

Peace, GO RFK!
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 25 May 2023, 23:56:41

careinke wrote:The Dim party reminds me of George Orwell's "Animal Farm." I would say the party has progressed past the point of the 1917 revolution and is well into total conversion to the Stalinist Era of the Soviet Union.

I find it difficult to characterize either party as anything more than actors playing out the roles assigned to allow free and fair debates that are meaningless to the policies passed, but pretend to allow Americans to have choices.

Both parties sold America down the river with globalization. Both parties really liked that 9/11 war time resolution and kept it going for decades. Both parties vacuum up all the money they can and then do whatever they want, as opposed to what they sold their constitutents.

Politicians get elected to national office as waiters and coffee slingers and come out millionaires. Somehow...on a government salary. The Democan party is no different than the Repubicrats, each looking out for their own, pretending to sell something folks want, and not delivering on the things that really matter. Flip a coin, you are going to hosed either way.
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 29 May 2023, 17:50:41

Inflation just ticked up again. That means another FED rate hike is likely.

pce-inflation-up-fed-april

I just heard a prediction by Peter Zeihan that inflation is going to continue to slowly increase and interest rates will have to eventually reach ca. 9%. to crash the economy and bring inflation down.

On the other hand, Joe Biden and others in his administration claimed back in 2022 that inflation would be temporary and the economy is the greatest ever so no FED rate increases were necessary.

I wonder who will turn out to be right?

Hmmm....let's see. Zeihan is a brilliant futurist and author who has made many correct predictions in the past.

Joe Biden is a senile old guy who wasn't very smart even before he became senile.

And so far it looks like Joe's claim back in in 2022 that inflation would be transitory is one of the dumbest predictions ever made.

I guess I trust Zeihan more then Biden on their inflation predictions

Oh-oh......the data shows inflation is increasing again.......

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby AdamB » Mon 29 May 2023, 21:17:55

Plantagenet wrote:Inflation just ticked up again. That means another FED rate hike is likely.

pce-inflation-up-fed-april

Good thing Sleepy Joe was able to bring it down from those 40 year highs in the first place. Sounds like he got Jill crackin' on gettin' er done a couple months back and made it happen.

Nice to see that he might be as senile as ever, no different than the last guy, but his minders aren't. I mean really, remember some of those weeners?

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Plantagenet » Thu 01 Jun 2023, 18:57:44

Oh-oh.....Old Joe Biden just stumbled over his own feet and fell down again......this time on a stage in Colorado.

biden-speech-hailing-nato-strength-overshadowed-serious-fall-stage

This was a pretty hard fall....and 80 year old guys can really get hurt if they fall and tumble into something or fall down stairs (both of which Joe Biden has recently done).

Joe just took a hard fall on a stage. I'm surprised his doctor doesn't require Joe Biden to use a walker to protect him from falling?

It's very sad that President Biden is so old and infirm that he frequently stumbles and falls when he is out in public.

I'm surprised Biden's doctor hasn't ordered Joe to use a walker to help him avoid falling. The poor old guy might really hurt himself if he keeps falling like that.....

Biden falls so frequently that I'm surprised Biden's doctor hasn't ordered Joe to use a walker to help him avoid falling.

AND seeing Joe Biden trip and stumble and fall all the time doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in President Biden's ability to continue to continue to lead the USA as he gets even older. For heaven's sakes....Biden will be 86 if wins a second term and makes it though to the end of that term. Do we really want such an elderly senile and frail man to continue as president?

I'd sure like to see somebody younger as our next President.....somebody who is physically strong and mentally competent. It would be a nice change from Biden, anyway.

CHEERS!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Newfie » Thu 01 Jun 2023, 22:15:20

I would like to see Joe AND Donald stand aside.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 01 Jun 2023, 22:51:17

Newfie wrote:I would like to see Joe AND Donald stand aside.

Well, if you were a powerful oligarch you could have it. But you aren't. So sit back and hold you nose and vote for the choices that the oligarchs inflict on us and be happy you live in a democracy. Sort of.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sun 04 Jun 2023, 18:49:48

Professor Justin Hansford, a Biden appointee to a UN commission claims that slavery "continues" in the USA. He also calls on the UN to force the USA to pay reparations to black people for slavery (even though black people in the USA today are actually not enslaved, in spite of Mr. Hansfords delusional claims).

Prof. Justin Hansford, a Biden appointee to a UN commission, wants the UN to force the USA to pay all black people 5 million dollars each because of the continuation of slavery

iden-appointee-calls-upon-un-act-secure-reparations-and-end-continuation-slavery-us

This man is also calling for the abolition of police in the USA -----a policy that anyone with a brain can see would result in a huge spike in crime. Only a lunatic or someone who in on the side of criminals would call for the abolition of the police.

Why did Biden appoint this man to a UN commission?

Does the Biden administration believe Mr. Hansford when he claims blacks are still enslaved in the USA? IF so, why doesn't the Biden administration free them from slavaery?

AND is Justin Hansford's demand that the UN force the US to pay five million dollars each in reparations to every black person the official policy of the Biden administration?

Another question----Does the Biden administration also support Mr. Hansford's view that the police should be abolished?

Or perhaps the Biden administration wasn't aware of his extremist views when he was appointed?

Perhaps Joe appointed him by mistake? Or somebody else on the White House staff pretended to be Joe Biden and appointed him?

This is a very curious case----the man was sent as a US representative to the UN in spite of the fact that he has very extreme and even dangerous views (slalvery continues in the USA today??? Really???abolish the police??? Really?) and yet Biden hasn't fired him.

IMHO this guy should be fired immediately.

If Biden ever actually held a press conference, he should be directly asked to explain why he appointed Justin Hansford--- a liar who falsely claims slavery continues in the USA today and who holds anti-police extremist views ----- to a prestigious post on a UN commission .

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby AdamB » Sun 04 Jun 2023, 21:08:52

Plantagenet wrote:Why did Biden appoint this man to a UN commission?

Good question.

Why was the last administration run by a puppet?

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Newfie » Mon 05 Jun 2023, 08:22:30

Seems like he is a low level wack getting no air time. Good to keep it that way.

But then there is the “person” who was a mid level functionary on nuclear waste matters who now appears to be the lame for stealing high priced luggage.

But it is curious. On matters Joe pays attention to he is more level headed.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 05 Jun 2023, 12:03:45

Newfie wrote:Seems like he is a low level wack getting no air time. Good to keep it that way.

But then there is the “person” who was a mid level functionary on nuclear waste matters who now appears to be the lame for stealing high priced luggage.

Yup....thats exactly the same thought I had.

The luggage thief and the crazy man who thinks we still have slavery in the US are not the best possible people to have as Biden appointees.

Of course Joe eventually got rid of the luggage after he was arrested a SECOND TIME for stealing luggage....and since he was fired he's been arrested a THIRD time for stealing luggage.

With any luck Joe would also fire the lunatic who thinks the US still has slaves.....if only Joe Biden would hold a real press conference and some intrepid reporter asked him about this loon.

Newfie wrote: On matters Joe pays attention to he is more level headed.

Oh really?

I haven't noticed that.

I guess I'm struck by how Joe has done nothing about the inflation his policies triggered off two years ago......even as inflation keeps eating away at the purchasing power of poor people and people on fixed incomes.

The recent budget limit crisis was an excellent chance for Joe to help reduce spending and reduce inflation.....but instead Joe insisted on keeping government spending high by printing ever more money, which will keep inflation going.

SHEEESH!!!!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby AdamB » Mon 05 Jun 2023, 12:29:27

Plantagenet wrote:I guess I'm struck by how Joe has done nothing about the inflation his policies triggered off two years ago......even as inflation keeps eating away at the purchasing power of poor people and people on fixed incomes.

Looks like Joe has done something about inflation. It is scientifically accurate to mention that the bars...decreasing over the past year...shows the trend in inflation. Real "scientifically accurate" I believe, not necessarily the kind taught in Alaska.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Newfie » Mon 05 Jun 2023, 17:12:32

Plant,

Sure one can pick on some particular point, no one is ever going to be my perfect President.

But going back over the cast of clowns he is about average. I am not thrilled with that either, just doing a comparison to what we have had.

Then again I am the other guy that voted for Carter so my taste is not typical.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 05 Jun 2023, 19:07:55

Newfie wrote:Plant,

Sure one can pick on some particular point, no one is ever going to be my perfect President.

But going back over the cast of clowns he is about average. I am not thrilled with that either, just doing a comparison to what we have had.

Then again I am the other guy that voted for Carter so my taste is not typical.

Right=O.

AND I generally vote for the third party candidate....whoever that might be in any given year. And then I criticize whoever was actually elected.

Right now I think the US is facing major existential issues like climate change that require strong Presidential leadership....and we just aren't getting that with Biden.

It just seems to me that since Biden was elected the nation has bumbled from crisis to the next unnecessary crises including the shameful way the Afghanistan withdrawal was done, the bumbling failure to deter Putin from invading Ukraine, the unnecessary spending on welfare and unnecessary programs,, the lies about inflation being temporary, opening up the border to immigrants and fentanyl, the drops in US life expectancy, the profligate use of the strategic petroleum reserve to boost his own poll numbers, trading an imprisoned Russian arms dealer for a basketball player while leaving a US marine vet to rot in the Russian gulag, appointing wack jobs like the trans luggage thief and the guy who thinks slavery still exists in the US to government posts, etc. etc.

And Biden himself gives me the creeps, given his past willingness to change US policies in exchange for foreign bribes and his current physical and mental decay as he ages into senescence. His big fall on stage last weekend is only going to lead to more falls and worse falls until Biden either starts using a walker or he breaks a hip.

Help....Joe Biden has fallen and can't get up!

Personally I worry that Joe Biden could fall at any time and not be able to get up.

Imagine the constitutional crisis that will occur when Joe Biden is bedridden for months after he falls and breaks his hip!

WE CAN DO BETTER.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby AdamB » Mon 05 Jun 2023, 20:59:34

Plantagenet wrote:Personally I worry that Joe Biden could fall at any time and not be able to get up.
WE CAN DO BETTER.
Cheers!

I completely agree that Biden could fall at any time and not get up. Same way, for example, older folk of all sorts of sizes and shapes, could do the same. Anyone over 70, I think the entire biped thing starts getting dicey. :)

And we can do better I agree as well...I agree a bunch with Plant today!.....but other than Haley and maybe Tim Scott the rest look pretty lame. No one on the Democan side qualifies of course.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Newfie » Tue 06 Jun 2023, 17:05:50

Yes Adam. I agree.

And I am 72.
:-D
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby AdamB » Tue 06 Jun 2023, 17:25:48

Newfie wrote:Yes Adam. I agree.

And I am 72.
:-D

I am still a youngster compared to the two of you then! But I can see that dicey biped thing a comin'!

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

PreviousNext

Return to North America Discussion