PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

The Death of Cities

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Re: The Death of Cities

Unread postby mousepad » Wed 06 Sep 2023, 09:08:06

EnergyUnlimited wrote:
mousepad wrote:
EnergyUnlimited wrote:Regardless of that I will note that killing pregnant mother, regardless what she has done or not is also a murder of her baby.

In many states in the US it's perfectly fine to kill a baby in the womb. It's called abortion. I gather that the leftoids flip-flop between "woman's right over her body" and "murder" at their convenience.

Even in seventh month of pregnancy in Ohio where discussed murder was committed?

Don't know about ohio. But in Vermont as an example it's ok to kill the baby up to 1min before birth. Vermont is called a libtard paradise for a reason, where death penalty for child rapists are considered too cruel, but killing a baby right before birth is called a necessary right of the mother.
mousepad
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Wed 06 Sep 2023, 09:26:15

mousepad wrote:Don't know about ohio. But in Vermont as an example it's ok to kill the baby up to 1min before birth. Vermont is called a libtard paradise for a reason, where death penalty for child rapists are considered too cruel, but killing a baby right before birth is called a necessary right of the mother.

From strictly legal point of view Ohio is here more relevant as the lady and her child was killed there.
Abortion there is legal for first 22 weeks of pregnancy (~5 months) albeit now they are planning to restrict it more.

Regarding lefties - they should all go to California, and then hopefully Mother Nature could send an absolutely magnificent earthquake, so all would sink in Pacific for good.
Failing that, they should be contained in some sort of reserve and supplied as much of fentanyl and tranq as they would ever want to consume.
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby yellowcanoe » Wed 06 Sep 2023, 10:09:22

mousepad wrote:Don't know about ohio. But in Vermont as an example it's ok to kill the baby up to 1min before birth. Vermont is called a libtard paradise for a reason, where death penalty for child rapists are considered too cruel, but killing a baby right before birth is called a necessary right of the mother.

It's the same situation in Canada but that is because the Federal government never managed to pass new legislation to regulate abortion after the ban on abortion was struck down by our Supreme court. However, you are not likely to find a doctor that would be willing to perform an abortion that close to the expected delivery date.
"new housing construction" is spelled h-a-b-i-t-a-t d-e-s-t-r-u-c-t-i-o-n.
yellowcanoe
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby mousepad » Wed 06 Sep 2023, 10:11:58

EnergyUnlimited wrote:Regarding Germans - they were never particularly popular here and there are many jokes about coming German chancellor who will be called Helmut Bin Laden.

I went to a professional engineering exhibit in munich this summer. The only german thing left in munich is the old city center as it is maintained as a tourist attraction. But even there, you enter a tavern to eat the mandatory Weisswurst and Bier your waiter are all foreigners.
You venture off into the actual neighborhoods, no german in sight. All ragheads and negros with assorted shops. The only thing german in those areas are the mandatory and occasional german bakeshop, of course staffed by east europeans.

Next to the hotel was a big church and mass started Wednesday evening. So I attended. Of course the church was practically empty and to my (un-)surprise the mass was held in polish, while ragheads loitered in the surroundings. No german in sight. The west fuucked itself so bad I can only shake my head in disbelief.
mousepad
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Wed 06 Sep 2023, 13:12:33

theluckycountry wrote:The Southern Border Is Literally Wide Open, The gates have been WELDED open
https://summit.news/2023/08/25/videos-t ... wide-open/

I thought that nothing can surprise me anymore and yet you got me off guard!
That is something absolutely hilarious!

American government will carry on destroying prospects of local populations until millions of armed Mexicans enter US and take it out.

mousepad wrote:Next to the hotel was a big church and mass started Wednesday evening. So I attended. Of course the church was practically empty and to my (un-)surprise the mass was held in polish, while ragheads loitered in the surroundings. No german in sight. The west fuucked itself so bad I can only shake my head in disbelief.

I have heard similar stories.
I run tourist outlet at the seaside and few of my customers are Germans and Swedes.

One time I had mother and daughter from Sweden.
Have asked mother "Don't you find Poland boring? Nearly everyone white and nothing interesting is going on?
She have said nothing and authentically started to cry.
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby noobtube » Wed 06 Sep 2023, 13:34:01

EnergyUnlimited wrote:
noobtube wrote:Elon Musk to me typifies the kind of useless trash that is the immigrant. He contributes nothing. He knows nothing. He causes nothing but trouble for Americans. He has a bad attitude. And, has not served a day of his life for America. Who let this scumbag in the country?

Employed few thousands of Americans for sure. Likely few tens of thousands.
Also in manufacturing sector, not in useless services, so these are quality jobs.

They are also well paid:
https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Tesla/salaries

You don't know the story of Elon Musk. This clown is a pure con man, scam artist, Federal stooge, and State-run media fraud. He is pure government property. Every dollar he ever got was straight from a government handout. Musk is like the con-artists Theranos, Sam Bankman-Fried, Andy Neumann of Wework, or Trevor Milton of Nikola. Lots of scams going on in America.

Musk's so-called "business" is nothing more than government-subsidized welfare. There are lots of stupid businesses Washington subsidizes (banking, insurance, stock market, recycling, "defense" industry), but Musk really irritates me because it sells the lie that immigration works that way. It takes generations for an immigrant to become useful to their host country (unless they join the military or bring specialized skill).

EnergyUnlimited wrote:You still need support of society (including local communities) to do it for such a move to be legitimate.

Being a police officer does not license you to be a bandit.
State driven banditry is not acceptable or it won't be long before you live in North Korea

Alternatively if police behave like bandits, it will only turn more people to be bandits too and your cities will burn what could be seen in US not long ago. It is not a way forward, particularly in countries where clumsy Whites are already in large proportion replaced by more energetic people from other cultures. You have to accommodate for them - after all your governments have invited them in the first place.

You also need to abandon cretinic "wokism" which is dividing society into groups of victim hating each other.
Instead you need to work somehow to blend these conflicted people with the rest to make a working nation again or otherwise you are doomed.
Promote joined adventures, mixed race police patrols, mixed race families to make everything brown rather than black and white or you will never have peace again.
At the same time stop positive discrimination because all what it produces is more hate.
And if you want to keep distinct races/ethnicities because people just cannot live together and nothing works then divide country
into few - part give to Whites, part to Blacks, part to Latinos and let them self rule according to their values and temperament.

It's not the police's job to judge such matters in the heat of an exchange, only to uphold the law and protect themselves. They have a rigid code of operations that they must adhere to and shooting someone who threatens them in the course of their duty is part of it.

But *it is* a job of police to give a judge an opportunity to do his work rather than killing a suspect in arbitrary street execution.
And if codes of operation are promoting police banditry then they need changing.

Your state is no longer the same what it used to be.
Did you watch movie "The Thing"?
Well - most of Western states are already "The Thing" - they look like something what they no longer are and it is confusing for many.

Other than 'wokism', which someone needs to explain to me....

This is the kind of response that makes me feel some hope that someone sees the problem and has a reasonable solution.

No way to get this kind of reason in the United States. With all these extremist, right wing, death squad types running around with their guns screaming liberty or death, and ready to murder a pregnant woman, I fear America is headed for a violent disaster.

It's too bad, because America can be a really great place if you can avoid the violent nutjobs.

It's hard to be a right-wing nut job in a city with so many different cultures, languages, ethnic groups, and people around.

Yes, I LOVE cities. I need ACTION.

The amenities, the luxuries, the resources, the nightlife, the young women, the arts & music, the skylines, the people-watching, the events (and the foreigners/immigrants, too)... I have too much invested in American cities to want to see them fail.
noobtube
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby noobtube » Wed 06 Sep 2023, 13:44:06

mousepad wrote:
EnergyUnlimited wrote:Regarding Germans - they were never particularly popular here and there are many jokes about coming German chancellor who will be called Helmut Bin Laden.

I went to a professional engineering exhibit in munich this summer. The only german thing left in munich is the old city center as it is maintained as a tourist attraction. But even there, you enter a tavern to eat the mandatory Weisswurst and Bier your waiter are all foreigners.
You venture off into the actual neighborhoods, no german in sight. All ragheads and negros with assorted shops. The only thing german in those areas are the mandatory and occasional german bakeshop, of course staffed by east europeans.

Next to the hotel was a big church and mass started Wednesday evening. So I attended. Of course the church was practically empty and to my (un-)surprise the mass was held in polish, while ragheads loitered in the surroundings. No german in sight. The west fuucked itself so bad I can only shake my head in disbelief.

Speaking of violent, extremist, nutjob.

I pray you are not in my country. And, if you are, I hope you are nowhere near a city.

You sound like a future mass murderer, like Columbine High, or Dylann Roof, or Kyle Rittenhouse, or Peyton Gendron, or Salvador Ramos, or Ethan Crumbley.
noobtube
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Wed 06 Sep 2023, 15:51:33

noobtube wrote:Other than 'wokism', which someone needs to explain to me....

I have referred to "woke" ideology. Far left utopia which is intended to make everything equal and harmonious but in reality it only produces conflicted tribes of victim, hate, children confused about their sex identity, conflicts between men and women and drug addicts with rotting limbs on streets.
This is IMO plain <EVIL> and should be eradicated at any cost.
This is the kind of response that makes me feel some hope that someone sees the problem and has a reasonable solution.

There are ways to approach discussed troubles but there must be a will to apply them and leaders willing to challenge broken, non-working status quo.
Biggest problem is general public with brains wired in neurotic loops, insisting to follow trajectories to ruin.
1. One part of Whites insists on woke paranoia - what leads to ruin.
2. Another part of Whites want police death squads to make an order - what leads to civil war and ruin.
3. Blacks are sitting in ghettos while leftie woke Whites teach them that they are victim of all evil. Victim mentality leads to nowhere - all what it is causing is hate to others and desire for revenge - and it leads to ruin.
4. Latinos are impoverished because millions illegals (also mostly Latinos) are competing with them for jobs and that keep them in poverty, encourages criminal adventure and leads to ruin.
5. White men see that they are blamed for everything wrong done for other races and women, so they hate everything too and it leads to ruin.
6. Feminism made women and men of all races inhabiting US distrusting and increasingly hating each other and this also leads to ruin.

No way to get this kind of reason in the United States. With all these extremist, right wing, death squad types running around with their guns screaming liberty or death, and ready to murder a pregnant woman

These people, very much like you, are absolutely frustrated that their livelihoods together with everything they believe and value is literally going to dust bin.
They are on the receiving end of woke culture being called guilty of all evil what their great-great-great-grandfathers done, their women are either destroyed and "slutified" and no one loves them or alternatively they are sitting with very few non spoiled women left and feel under a siege from entire world around.
If on the top of it all what they have are their guns then entire world around begins to look like a shooting range.
Needless to say it also leads to ruin.

It's hard to be a right-wing nut job in a city with so many different cultures, languages, ethnic groups, and people around.

Yes, but equally severe problem is also with left.
1. Who allows illegal immigrants in and call for more?
2. Who wants to normalize rampant drug addiction and derelict life style?
3. Who stir BLM or Antifa to make troubles? Why G. Floyd police murder case was not addressed in MLK styled fashion and instead burning of number of cities, ransacking and vandalizing was solicited?
4. Who is ruining kids psychology by teaching them that there are 65 or more genders/sexes?
5. Who is promoting transsexualism and encouraging mutilation of children by quack surgeries?
6. Who is peddling feminism which is currently nothing more than hate ideology?

This is also leading to complete ruin and prompts right wing nuts to seek solution in the gun.

noobtube wrote:
mousepad wrote:I went to a professional engineering exhibit in munich this summer. The only german thing left in munich is the old city center as it is maintained as a tourist attraction. But even there, you enter a tavern to eat the mandatory Weisswurst and Bier your waiter are all foreigners.

Speaking of violent, extremist, nutjob.

I pray you are not in my country. And, if you are, I hope you are nowhere near a city.

You sound like a future mass murderer, like Columbine High, or Dylann Roof, or Kyle Rittenhouse, or Peyton Gendron, or Salvador Ramos, or Ethan Crumbley.

He speaks of Western Europe and Muslims here.
Please, come and visit Western Europe just to see ethnic problems here and I assure you that you will be extremely pleased that you are living in America.
You will again begin to believe that there is a great hope for US and future is very bright indeed.

For US there is still some chance, however small but still *is* a chance to hold it all together somehow, but Western Europe is just a toast. You are very lucky not to live here. It is already falling apart into small fiefdoms run by local Muslim warlords, gangs are opening fire on cops to chase them out of sectors of some cities, on the top of ethnic conflicts there is religious hate etc.
It looks intractable.

In Poland there is peace but we are already building fortifications along borders to keep migrants out. It more and more looks like surrounded fortress.

But again, if you want to keep America together you still have to talk to all, including gun wielding right wingers.
I bet that most of them would not shoot pregnant lady, even if Black and even if authorized by State, that regardless of what they write on net.
She was looking quite nice:

EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Wed 06 Sep 2023, 18:20:13

EnergyUnlimited wrote:
Newfie wrote:She was armed with an automobile, very lethal.

Only if you are stupid enough to put yourself in harm way and stand directly in front of it, eg purportedly put yourself in harm way.

HE DID IT BECAUSE IT WAS HIS DUTY.

As well objection here was to escape not hit him.

NO MATTER, SHE WAS PRESENTING HERSELF AS NOT RATIONAL.

As you say "probability", obviously you do not know. It cohld have ended in a fatal car crash killing an innocent civillian, or a hit and run.

These are could be-s and would be-s.

Base on your logic any driver could be shot just in case. After all hundred yards down a road he could cause accident.

MY LOGIC IS THAT SHE WAS OBVIOUSLY ACTING IN A MANNER INDICATING SHE WAS IN NO CONDITION TO DRIVE. YOU ARE MISS READING MY LOGIC OR PRESENTING IS FALSLY.

It was also stupid to stand in front of car of aggravated person in the country where 1/4 of population have some mental problems.

It was his sworn duty to "protect and serve", likely it was also his training.

He protected no one and killed 2 people. One definitely innocent and second

HE SURELY PROTECTED OTHER PEOPLE, NO ONE ELSE WAS INJURED, HE SUCCESSFULLY CONTAINED THE PROBLEM TO THE PERPETRATOR.

AS FOR THOSE KILLED IT WAS THE POLICEMAN WHO PULLED THE TRIGGER, THAT IS CERTAIN. ALSO CERTAIN IS THAT THIS WOULD NOT HAVE OCCURRED HAD THE LADY:
NOT STOLEN
NOT DISREGARDED LAWFUL DEMAND TO EXIT VEHICLE
NOT DRIVEN INTO THE POLICE OFFICER

THE DEAD PERSON IS THE PERSON WHO COULD HAVE AND SHOULD HAVE STOPPED THIS CHAIN. SHE HAD THE FUNDAMENTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR HER ACTIONS ANF THE LIFE OFNHER CHILD. SHE OUT OTHER PRIORITIES AHEAD OF HER OWN WELL HEING AND HER CHILDS LIFE.

possibly a petty offender.
In the USA we have trial by jury where the accused is assumed innocent until proven guilty. It works well.

I have no doubt about it.
That is why he should be charged with murder and tried by black jury because he have murdered a members of black community, then dealt with accordingly.

HE MAY BE CHARGED AND THEN HE WILL BE TRIED BY A JURY OF HIS PEERS.
YOUR ASSERTION THAT IT BE A BLACK JURY IS AN EXAMPLE OF BIGOTRY.

BUT ALSO KNKW THIS, PEOPLE OF COLOR, WHATEVER SEX, ARE STILL PEOPLE WHO DESIRE A FAIR AND DECENT WORLD. I HAVE SERVED ON A JURY WHERE I WAS THE ONLY WHITE AND ONLY MALE TRYING A YOUNG BLACK MAN. . THOSE LADIES STRUGGLED WITH THE VERDICT BECAUSE THEY BELIEVED A JAIL TERM MIGHT RUIN HIS LIFE. THEY WERE FULL OF COMPASSION BUT ALSO FELT THEIR DUTY TO THE COMMUNITY. WE CONVICTED HIM OF ARMED ROBBERY BECAUSE IT WAS THE RIGHT THING TO DO, BECAUSE OF THEIR SENSE OF RIGHT AND WRONG AND THEIR NEED FOR SELF RESPECT. SUBSEQUENT EVENTS ERASED ANY SHRED OF DOUBT ABOUT THE VERDICT. LISTENING TO THE DELIBERATIONS WAS EDUCATIONAL, EYE OPENING, AWE INSPIRING.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby theluckycountry » Wed 06 Sep 2023, 18:38:51

This page of comments above is a microcosm of "The Death of the Cities" Thanks to all for your comments, especially those about western Europe, I had no idea it was that bad. Sure we don't all agree but it's good to hear the reality of what's going on. Madness basically.

No peace, no security, nothing that defines a worthwhile human lifestyle. You can go to as many dinners out and movies as you like, you can hide in an office for 8 hours every day. But in the end you have go back into the real world, an environment devoid of anything truly meaningful, decent or natural.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Wed 06 Sep 2023, 18:42:22

Lucky,

An interesting and thoughtful comment.

Thanks
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby mousepad » Wed 06 Sep 2023, 19:40:29

EnergyUnlimited wrote:She was looking quite nice:

Blond hair. I call that cultural appropriation. But where's the europeans upset about it?
Reverse the story and have some european wear dreadlocks and won't hear the end of it.

https://www.cnn.com/2016/03/31/living/w ... index.html
So when whites choose a traditionally black hairstyle such as dreadlocks, it adds another layer of complexity to the issue.
Take the latest case in point: a viral video showing a black woman calling out a white male student at San Francisco State University for his dreadlocks.
mousepad
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby noobtube » Wed 06 Sep 2023, 23:05:26

EnergyUnlimited wrote:These people, very much like you, are absolutely frustrated that their livelihoods together with everything they believe and value is literally going to dust bin.
They are on the receiving end of woke culture being called guilty of all evil what their great-great-great-grandfathers done, their women are either destroyed and "slutified" and no one loves them or alternatively they are sitting with very few non spoiled women left and feel under a siege from entire world around.
If on the top of it all what they have are their guns then entire world around begins to look like a shooting range.
Needless to say it also leads to ruin.

He speaks of Western Europe and Muslims here.
Please, come and visit Western Europe just to see ethnic problems here and I assure you that you will be extremely pleased that you are living in America.
You will again begin to believe that there is a great hope for US and future is very bright indeed.

For US there is still some chance, however small but still *is* a chance to hold it all together somehow, but Western Europe is just a toast. You are very lucky not to live here. It is already falling apart into small fiefdoms run by local Muslim warlords, gangs are opening fire on cops to chase them out of sectors of some cities, on the top of ethnic conflicts there is religious hate etc.
It looks intractable.

In Poland there is peace but we are already building fortifications along borders to keep migrants out. It more and more looks like surrounded fortress.

But again, if you want to keep America together you still have to talk to all, including gun wielding right wingers.
I bet that most of them would not shoot pregnant lady, even if Black and even if authorized by State, that regardless of what they write on net.

This is entirely eye-opening. Never had anyone give 1st hand accounts of what it's like on the ground, the way you have. Every time someone from the United States talks about Europe, it's all amazement and wonder.

Going to have to take some time and educate myself. Americans (including myself) are known for being blissfully ignorant of the way the world actually works, outside the country.
noobtube
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 06 Sep 2023, 23:23:46

A Brit looks at the USA

americas-cities-have-become-horror-stories-of-crime-dirt-violence-drugs

There are two ways to reduce the level of crime in US cities.

#1 Citizens and city governments can empower and support the police as they work to enforce the laws.

#2 Criminal organisations can take over the streets and do what they think necessary to make the streets safe.

In the last few years we've seen multiple examples of US cities where citizens elect leftist politicians who defund and generally don't support the police, along with leftist district attorneys who refuse to prosecute many criminals. The crime rates in these cities have gone up substantially.

Personally, I'm surprised that criminal organizations haven't stepped in to make the streets safe in US big cities. There seems to be a real opportunity for, say a criminal family or criminal organisaiton, to charge a small fee to businesses in a neighborhood---call it protection money----and then guarantee to remove the thieves and drug addicts who no one in their right mind wants to see on the streets anyway.

Cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Thu 07 Sep 2023, 04:53:39

Newfie wrote:HE DID IT BECAUSE IT WAS HIS DUTY.

There is no duty to stand in in front of car of aggravated person, particularly in a country where ~1/4 of population has mental problems.
Such behavior address nothing and brings further risks of conflict.
NO MATTER, SHE WAS PRESENTING HERSELF AS NOT RATIONAL.

...and this is not a reason for summary street execution.

HE <<SURELY>> PROTECTED OTHER PEOPLE, NO ONE ELSE WAS INJURED, HE SUCCESSFULLY CONTAINED THE PROBLEM TO THE PERPETRATOR. - marks << and >> mine - EU

That is obvious nonsense.
You don't know alternative futures so you cannot be <<sure>> about anything in this respect.
Your position on this is not tenable.

AS FOR THOSE KILLED IT WAS THE POLICEMAN WHO PULLED THE TRIGGER, THAT IS CERTAIN. ALSO CERTAIN IS THAT THIS WOULD NOT HAVE OCCURRED HAD THE LADY:
NOT STOLEN
NOT DISREGARDED LAWFUL DEMAND TO EXIT VEHICLE
NOT DRIVEN INTO THE POLICE OFFICER

For first two - these are obviously not reasons for summary street execution and as per third point - officer have positioned himself in a dumb way or alternatively was attempting to stir a conflict.
OTOH murdered lady have taken active steps to evade him rather than hit him - by turning right while driving off.
He was standing on the left front corner of vehicle
You may watch video if in doubt and also read reported comments.
Cop was not at risk of meaningful injury and statements to the contrary are fabrications intended to excuse him.

THE DEAD PERSON IS THE PERSON WHO COULD HAVE AND SHOULD HAVE STOPPED THIS CHAIN. SHE HAD THE FUNDAMENTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR HER ACTIONS ANF THE LIFE OFNHER CHILD. SHE OUT OTHER PRIORITIES AHEAD OF HER OWN WELL HEING AND HER CHILDS LIFE.

But a cop who is still alive could do it even better. All what was needed is to report an incident and base on camera recordings arrest a suspect at home rather than proceeding with street execution.

BUT ALSO KNKW THIS, PEOPLE OF COLOR, WHATEVER SEX, ARE STILL PEOPLE WHO DESIRE A FAIR AND DECENT WORLD.

But base on what have happened few days ago with that lady or 2 years ago with G. Floyd or what happens every few days but is not so widely reported they are obviously NOT getting it.

So it seems that your cities (including police stations) will need to carry on burning, tens of thousands of businesses need ransacking, all until few cretins in your government and Supreme Court learn that current approach is obsolete and yes, it will lead to ruin of all if not addressed swiftly enough.
But let it be - defunct societies have to learn many things in a hard way.

Again, job of police is to arrest a suspect and certainly not to make aggravated street show cases leading to shootouts and street executions.

I HAVE SERVED ON A JURY WHERE I WAS THE ONLY WHITE AND ONLY MALE TRYING A YOUNG BLACK MAN. . THOSE LADIES STRUGGLED WITH THE VERDICT BECAUSE THEY BELIEVED A JAIL TERM MIGHT RUIN HIS LIFE. THEY WERE FULL OF COMPASSION BUT ALSO FELT THEIR DUTY TO THE COMMUNITY. WE CONVICTED HIM OF ARMED ROBBERY BECAUSE IT WAS THE RIGHT THING TO DO, BECAUSE OF THEIR SENSE OF RIGHT AND WRONG AND THEIR NEED FOR SELF RESPECT. SUBSEQUENT EVENTS ERASED ANY SHRED OF DOUBT ABOUT THE VERDICT. LISTENING TO THE DELIBERATIONS WAS EDUCATIONAL, EYE OPENING, AWE INSPIRING.

Well, what I can say...
Great job!
Congratulations!
Yes, armed robber should be jailed and if he killed someone - then executed.
No doubt about it - at least IMO.
I would neither fret about police shooting armed robber caught in the act and resisting arrest. In such case violence of police would be adequate to situation

But here we had a pregnant lady suspected of stealing a bottle of booze, not an armed robber.
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Thu 07 Sep 2023, 06:47:24

mousepad wrote:Blond hair. I call that cultural appropriation. But where's the europeans upset about it?
Reverse the story and have some european wear dreadlocks and won't hear the end of it.

https://www.cnn.com/2016/03/31/living/w ... index.html
So when whites choose a traditionally black hairstyle such as dreadlocks, it adds another layer of complexity to the issue.
Take the latest case in point: a viral video showing a black woman calling out a white male student at San Francisco State University for his dreadlocks.

This is an example of trouble primarily stir by White woke shitheads not by Black communities as such.

There are plenty of leftie loons causing troubles and divisions wherever it is only possible.
They are essentially teaching Black communities to hate anyone who intends to copy them, regardless of aspect.
They are doing it by assigning an ethos of victimhood to Blacks by building their identity on the premise that they are all wronged, unwanted and exploited in any imaginable way.
That was true maybe 150 or even 70 years ago but certainly not now.
Process of reconciliation relies on addressing obvious wrongdoings and at the same time sweeping divisions and sorrows under a carpet wherever possible. It should expose positive aspects of coexistence of both races (and yes, current generation of Blacks does benefit of life in US for sure).
Instead wokies are causing divisions, unwarranted hate and jeopardizing assimilation process and peaceful future of all.

An alternative constructive approach in this particular case would rely on narration that Black culture also has something valuable to offer to the point that some Whites wish to adapt certain aspects of it. Such narrations would promote nurturing of national unity.
But no, woke loons prefer to cause more conflict and hate.
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby mousepad » Thu 07 Sep 2023, 08:26:36

EnergyUnlimited wrote: that Black culture also has something valuable to offer

hahahaha, good one, I have to admit.
mousepad
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby mousepad » Thu 07 Sep 2023, 09:06:09

EnergyUnlimited wrote:But here we had a pregnant lady suspected of stealing a bottle of booze, not an armed robber.

We have a person assaulting a police officer with a deadly weapon (car). I nominate that one for the Darwin award.
mousepad
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby noobtube » Thu 07 Sep 2023, 12:39:01

Plantagenet wrote:A Brit looks at the USA

americas-cities-have-become-horror-stories-of-crime-dirt-violence-drugs

There are two ways to reduce the level of crime in US cities.

#1 Citizens and city governments can empower and support the police as they work to enforce the laws.

#2 Criminal organisations can take over the streets and do what they think necessary to make the streets safe.

In the last few years we've seen multiple examples of US cities where citizens elect leftist politicians who defund and generally don't support the police, along with leftist district attorneys who refuse to prosecute many criminals. The crime rates in these cities have gone up substantially.

Personally, I'm surprised that criminal organizations haven't stepped in to make the streets safe in US big cities. There seems to be a real opportunity for, say a criminal family or criminal organisaiton, to charge a small fee to businesses in a neighborhood---call it protection money----and then guarantee to remove the thieves and drug addicts who no one in their right mind wants to see on the streets anyway.

Cheers!

Let's be realistic, and not believe the fairy tales in the Washington propaganda of the state-run media.

The top 8 issues for Americans is...
1) The economy - How can I pay my bills?
2) Health care - How can I stay healthy?
3) Gun violence - How can I not get shot (mostly by suicide)?
4) Education - How can my children learn?
5) Climate change - How can I look hip to my friends?
6) Immigration - Why are there so many foreigners here?
7) Race and social justice - Why do cops kill and jail so many poor people?
8) Political polarization - Why doesn't everyone agree with me?

If you notice, street crime is nowhere on that list. Why? Street crime is a made-up distraction to keep Americans from talking about inflation, jobs, high gas prices, and poor wages.

As much as the media screams about street crime, you would think nothing else is happening here. But, that keeps everyone distracted from the looting operation taking place by the Israelis. You can't get a loan without their approval. How did they take over my country?
noobtube
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby noobtube » Thu 07 Sep 2023, 13:00:51

Cop Murdered Pregnant Woman In Colorado - Destinee Thompson, 27, of Denver

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/family-pregnant-colorado-woman-fatally-shot-police-sues-officers-rcna100196

And, of course, these cops are never held to the same laws as everyone else.

mousepad wrote:
EnergyUnlimited wrote:But here we had a pregnant lady suspected of stealing a bottle of booze, not an armed robber.

We have a person assaulting a police officer with a deadly weapon (car). I nominate that one for the Darwin award.

Your kind makes cities dangerous.
noobtube
Lignite
Lignite

PreviousNext

Return to Economics & Finance