Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

The Death of Cities

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Re: The Death of Cities

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Tue 03 Oct 2023, 05:28:03

mousepad wrote:Typical victim attitude. What about making work for yourself? Starting a business?

I have nominally done what you say and now I am successful.
I would never call myself "rich" or "wealthy" because rich person is one who can run war paying out of his pocket and a "wealthy" is someone like Paris Hilton.
Here in Poland I am in upper middle class as per local perception. Business owner, landlord, no debt, no need to bother about having job, non working wife and kids are very well set as well.
Started from zero and got somewhere.

But to a large degree it was a fluke.

String of good decisions, not many setbacks, no catastrophic decisions.

Being young I was making certain choices and all my friends from university also were making their choices.
At the time it was not clear at all who was making better choices but somehow I have ended up in best few %.

I have many friends who have ended up very badly regardless of trying hard, working very hard and making choices which was looking very good.
In fact most of my friends have ended up screwed regardless and the most common denominator of failure was a choice of wrong woman or setting up business which was initially working, later not so good and refusal to ditch it timely and salvage what they still could.

So from my perspective all this work hard to get wealthy story is just plain garbage.

You need to be of average or better above average IQ, a bit unruly because otherwise system will milk you until you are ruined, cautious with spending and few times throw a right dice at a right time. Help from parents can be advantage but not essential.
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby theluckycountry » Tue 03 Oct 2023, 06:38:08

Your A-typical urbane man. Stupid haircut, 5 day growth (to look cool) Scabby cat sitting on the shoulder, no one else would get that close. And the eyes. Dead eyes, literally now.

Philadelphia Journalist Who Mocked Concern Over Violent Crime In Democrat Cities Shot Dead In Home
Josh Kruger was shot six times after someone entered his home, shot him at the base of his stairs, and then fled. Kruger ran outside seeking help from his neighbors and collapsed, where police found them after responding to call just before 1:30 a.m. on the 2300 block of Watkins Street. No arrests have been made, and there was no sign of forced entry into the home, according to Deputy Police Commissioner Frank Vanore.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/phi ... -shot-dead

No arrests need be made. Justice has already been served.

Let's turn this into something good and wholesome shall we.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzS3sjPAuOA
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby mousepad » Tue 03 Oct 2023, 07:54:35

EnergyUnlimited wrote:So from my perspective all this work hard to get wealthy story is just plain garbage.

I'm not talking about getting wealthy. I'm talking about taking care of your own issues and refuse to be a victim.
I understand in America (and probably europe by now, too) being victim is cool. With the super holier than though victim, the negro closely followed by women. Just look at our own noobtube. The guy oozes of victimhood. It's never his fault, always somebody else to blame. Rich, jew, business, gov, repubs, health care system. You name it. Noob is there to blame.

I know plenty of poor uneducated folks in my small rural town. They are not wealthy and they will never be. But they are street smart and know how to make enough with odd jobs and occasional business deals. They could just claim "victim" status and mooch off of gov handouts. But they don't.

EnergyUnlimited wrote:work hard to get wealthy story[/i] is just plain garbage.

Not entirely. Working hard is 1 of the necessary ingredients to be successful. Working hard digging holes in your backyard won't make you wealthy, that's for sure. But starting a plumbing business and doing quality work while showing up on time to customer appointments, that's a recipe not for wealth, but decent enough middle-class success.
mousepad
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby noobtube » Tue 03 Oct 2023, 14:53:33

theluckycountry wrote:Philadelphia Journalist Who Mocked Concern Over Violent Crime In Democrat Cities Shot Dead In Home
Josh Kruger was shot six times after someone entered his home, shot him at the base of his stairs, and then fled. Kruger ran outside seeking help from his neighbors and collapsed, where police found them after responding to call just before 1:30 a.m. on the 2300 block of Watkins Street. No arrests have been made, and there was no sign of forced entry into the home, according to Deputy Police Commissioner Frank Vanore.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/phi ... -shot-dead

No arrests need be made. Justice has already been served.

The government agents just have to use this man's death as a platform to promote their 'violent crime' agenda to defend state violence, namely cops.

I think that's despicable. But, that IS United States propaganda under the guise of "alternative" media.

theluckycountry wrote:Let's turn this into something good and wholesome shall we.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzS3sjPAuOA

And, of course, she lives in a city. Not only that, she was and born and raised in the United Arab Emirates.

The young females, who are desirable, just don't stay long in rural areas. Now, once they hit the wall, are used up, their fertility gone, and become undesirable to men with power, they find their way back to the suburban/rural places.
noobtube
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby noobtube » Tue 03 Oct 2023, 15:35:12

EnergyUnlimited wrote:I have nominally done what you say and now I am successful.
I would never call myself "rich" or "wealthy" because rich person is one who can run war paying out of his pocket and a "wealthy" is someone like Paris Hilton.
Here in Poland I am in upper middle class as per local perception. Business owner, landlord, no debt, no need to bother about having job, non working wife and kids are very well set as well.
Started from zero and got somewhere.

But to a large degree it was a fluke.

There is a saying in the United States that the number 1 way to guarantee a comfortable life in the United States is to...

choose your parents wisely.

It's a joke but it reveals how rigid the class structures are here. There is almost NO social mobility, despite all the rhetoric about it being the land of opportunity. That is nothing more than false advertising. People mostly stay in the same spot as their parents. Wealth is inherited. Poverty is passed on. Nothing changes from generation to generation in the United States.

In America, a lot of these rural folks think they have complete control over their destinies. It is the myth of rugged individualism. They have to believe this stuff to hold on to their hate of others and to cultivate their feelings of superiority. It's all they've got to make their lives seem meaningful.

It reminds me of that infamous picture of Abu Ghraib prisoners. The woman was from RURAL United States. The whole world had a chance to see the kind of monsters this area produces. Pro-government, brutal, vicious, hate-filled, murderous, cop-loving sadists.

Speaking of which...

mousepad wrote:I'm not talking about getting wealthy. I'm talking about taking care of your own issues and refuse to be a victim.
I understand in America (and probably europe by now, too) being victim is cool. With the super holier than though victim, the negro closely followed by women. Just look at our own noobtube. The guy oozes of victimhood. It's never his fault, always somebody else to blame. Rich, jew, business, gov, repubs, health care system. You name it. Noob is there to blame.

I knew you were one of those Zionists.

It explains your defense of the rich, the bankers, the corporations, the government, and the cops. You LOVE state violence against the weak, the defenseless, and the unsuspecting. I believe that makes you a SYCOPHANT. Look it up.

mousepad wrote:Not entirely. Working hard is 1 of the necessary ingredients to be successful. Working hard digging holes in your backyard won't make you wealthy, that's for sure. But starting a plumbing business and doing quality work while showing up on time to customer appointments, that's a recipe not for wealth, but decent enough middle-class success.

Cities have power dynamics. You act as if everyone is just going to step aside while you take all the plumbing customers.

You belong in the rural areas, because you have no idea how cities actually work (or you're being dishonest).
noobtube
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby mousepad » Tue 03 Oct 2023, 18:51:44

noobtube wrote:
I knew you were one of those Zionists.

It explains your defense of the rich, the bankers, the corporations, the government, and the cops.

The conclusions you come up with. Amazing. I would be the first one to vote for REGULATION of the gangster cartel called "banks". I would be the first one to vote for limitation of power of corporation. I would be the first one to limit globalization to give local workers a fair chance. And I sent angry emails to Bernie Sanders (rich sleezy communist jew). Yet I don't feel the need to blame all my problems on somebody else.

Cities have power dynamics. You act as if everyone is just going to step aside while you take all the plumbing customers.

I know my fair share of illegal mexicans living in big cities, arriving with nothing to the US. With hardly any exception, the ones that are driven make it to a decent lower middle class life. Able to afford a mobile home or town house, feeding a family of 4, taking a vacations, owning a car. They own plumbing business, roofing business, landscaping business, moving businesses etc, etc.

It's the victim types of african origin that stand at the curb and cry foul. Pathetic. But even more pathetic is the european decendent who falls for the crying. As mentioned before. There's nothing more pathetic on this planet than a white straight male. No spine, no balls. Pathetic.

You belong in the rural areas,

Thank you. That for sure is true. Lived in LA for 8 years, hated every day of it. Damn city slicks. Useless then, useless now.
mousepad
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby noobtube » Tue 03 Oct 2023, 20:27:12

mousepad wrote:Yet I don't feel the need to blame all my problems on somebody else.

mousepad wrote:It's the victim types of african origin that stand at the curb and cry foul. Pathetic.

These 2 statements contradict each other.

This is the mentality of the RURAL types in the United States. You just can't make sense of what the hell they're complaining about.
noobtube
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby yellowcanoe » Tue 03 Oct 2023, 20:34:37

noobtube wrote:It's a joke but it reveals how rigid the class structures are here. There is almost NO social mobility, despite all the rhetoric about it being the land of opportunity. That is nothing more than false advertising. People mostly stay in the same spot as their parents. Wealth is inherited. Poverty is passed on. Nothing changes from generation to generation in the United States.

In any society it would be extremely difficult to stop those who have wealth from giving their children a leg up over everyone else. In that sense, the US has a class system. However, the US continues to attract immigrants because there are opportunities to start a business or acquire a professional career that may not be available where they originate from. In Canada we also see immigrants who simply use Canada as a stepping stone into the US because they perceive there are better opportunities for them there. It is also the case that the US generally has lower taxes than Canada
"new housing construction" is spelled h-a-b-i-t-a-t d-e-s-t-r-u-c-t-i-o-n.
yellowcanoe
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby theluckycountry » Wed 04 Oct 2023, 05:11:50

Pirates of the Alameda

Homeless Pirates Pillage Leisure Boats In San Francisco Bay

"Multiple vessels have been stolen and ransacked. Victims have had to resort to personally confronting the criminals to recover their property without the benefit of police support," said former harbor master Brock de Lappe at a recent municipal meeting. "Is this appropriate activity for a 79-year-old senior?"
The 3,000-slip Oakland-Alameda Estuary has been particularly hard-hit, as thieves use small boats to burglarize or steal private boats on the waterway. The pirates use stolen boats or old, abandoned dinghies to carry out their raids.
"The response we received from APD (Alameda Police Department) was that they could do nothing, and a warning not to approach the perpetrators if we located our boats

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/aar ... ncisco-bay

What are we talking about here? Homeless unemployed people living near waterways are turning to petty crime, not true Piracy, but close because it's happening on the water. It's not as bad as it sounds either, no rapeing and murdering, but it is a trend. It's quite common in many areas of the world too, The Third World...

...referred to colloquially as piracy, all the waters of Falcon Lake are considered either US or Mexican territorial waters and therefore are not technically piracy under Article 101 of the UN Convention on the Law of the Sea.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piracy_in ... st_century

Once a nation loses the power to effectively police it's cities and borders it's all down hill.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby theluckycountry » Wed 04 Oct 2023, 05:34:24

It's these hair styles. Gotta be the Hair styles making people do it. I felt like stabbing him too when I saw the pics

Social Justice SoyBoy Ryan Carson stabbed to death in NYC
The video is a real laugh, he's telling the psycho to "chill" "chill". I hate it when someone says that to me, I feel like showing them just what overheated really is. Again, justice was served quickly and another enemy of American society removed.

https://twitter.com/DC_Draino/status/17 ... 3284615295

Reactions to the stabbing were as expected:
Was he not able to get a social worker there to help him?
— Brenden Dilley (@WarlordDilley) October 3, 2023

The guy was half his size, he didn’t fight back, and he died. Big lessons to be learnt from this. You cannot have situational awareness if you are in denial of reality.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby mousepad » Wed 04 Oct 2023, 06:09:11

noobtube wrote:
mousepad wrote:Yet I don't feel the need to blame all my problems on somebody else.

mousepad wrote:It's the victim types of african origin that stand at the curb and cry foul. Pathetic.

These 2 statements contradict each other.

Explain to me how those 2 statements contradict each other. I always knew them city slicks have a screw loose. But damn, please do me a favor and stay in your ghetto.
mousepad
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby mousepad » Wed 04 Oct 2023, 06:12:36

yellowcanoe wrote:
noobtube wrote:It's a joke but it reveals how rigid the class structures are here..

However, the US continues to attract immigrants because there are opportunities to start a business or acquire a professional career that may not be available where they originate from.

it's noobtube doing what his libtard city slick friends told him to do. Blame and blame and blame.
mousepad
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Wed 04 Oct 2023, 09:44:01

theluckycountry wrote:It's these hair styles. Gotta be the Hair styles making people do it. I felt like stabbing him too when I saw the pics

Social Justice SoyBoy Ryan Carson stabbed to death in NYC
The video is a real laugh, he's telling the psycho to "chill" "chill". I hate it when someone says that to me, I feel like showing them just what overheated really is. Again, justice was served quickly and another enemy of American society removed.

He was not worthy of beating.
Comparing to guy like that woman looks like a formidable challenge.
In Poland blokes of such look are called warm sausages.
No one who has any respect to himself would punch or even touch a guy looking like that.

Regarding "pirates".
These pirates are adequate for treasures which can be found out there.
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Wed 04 Oct 2023, 10:28:39

mousepad wrote:
yellowcanoe wrote:
noobtube wrote:It's a joke but it reveals how rigid the class structures are here..

However, the US continues to attract immigrants because there are opportunities to start a business or acquire a professional career that may not be available where they originate from.

it's noobtube doing what his libtard city slick friends told him to do. Blame and blame and blame.

I don't take his posts in such fashion.
He is most likely very pissed off that society around him go down a drain and he is bitching a lot about it.
You have to be able to make a distinction between 2 things:
1. Ability (or lack of it) to help yourself in challenging environment.
2. Bitching about derelict society where everything you have valued turns into shit.

Noobtube is not giving up on himself, considers moving out of city he got used to, want to adapt to failing society etc - so he still demonstrates a will to fight.
But he is bitching and blaming various groups of people for general misfortunes affecting American society - and rightfully so.
It is correct that America was betrayed by its political elites and big money people to a degree unheard of in its past history.

This "American collapse" we observe was unnecessary and it is an outcome of activities which are best described as treason committed by business and political elites.

Who degraded education to the point where average American is unable to make intelligent basic financial decisions?
Who converted your hospitals and pharma business into national healthcare racket?
Who converted your media and entertainment into industry designed to convert Americans into idiots and perverts?
Who converted most of women into worthless sluts?
Who converted political process into perpetual clown show?
Who allowed many millions of third worlders into your cities with no idea what to do with them?
Who authorized doctors to prescribe powerful opioids for common headaches (and who taught them that it is good idea)?
Who authorized cops to frivolously shoot citizens and introduced Civil Assets Forfeiture Act?
etc.

These are all examples of treason by your elites - and noobtube has valid points in this respect.
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby mousepad » Wed 04 Oct 2023, 11:19:00

EnergyUnlimited wrote:I don't take his posts in such fashion.
He is most likely very pissed off that society around him go down a drain and he is bitching a lot about it.

I AM VERY PISSED OFF AT THE DESTRUCTION, PERVERSION AND INVASION OF MY BELOVED WEST, TOO.

But that has nothing to do with my personal success. I'm miserable seeing my culture destroyed. But that doesn't make me go belly-up and lazily ask for handouts while claiming to be a victim and blaming by shortcoming on your group of choice.

As millions of bottom-tier illegal mexicans have shown, if you're willing to put in the effort you can still achieve a comfortable life in the US. So get off your sorry ass, stop bitching and take charge of your life.

Noob is the typical city consumer. As per his own account he needs the city to provide him with entertainment and action. In other words he's incapable of creating something of his own, he's a mindless consumer bot. And then bitching and blaming if he doesn't get his "fair" share. Because for sure HE DESERVES IT!!

Who degraded education to the point where average American is unable to make intelligent basic financial decisions?
Who converted your hospitals and pharma business into national healthcare racket?
Who converted your media and entertainment into industry designed to convert Americans into idiots and perverts?
Who converted most of women into worthless sluts?
Who converted political process into perpetual clown show?
Who allowed many millions of third worlders into your cities with no idea what to do with them?
Who authorized doctors to prescribe powerful opioids for common headaches (and who taught them that it is good idea)?
Who authorized cops to frivolously shoot citizens and introduced Civil Assets Forfeiture Act?
etc.

Let me guess. The jews?
mousepad
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Wed 04 Oct 2023, 13:20:35

mousepad wrote:Let me guess. The jews?

Sure - Jews have their part in it, in fact a big part.
But nevertheless a statement that it was all done by Jews is equivalent of a statement that all Americans are stupid.
It would imply that somehow they got tricked by more intelligent crafty Jews, got milked out and then ditched.

In reality something else have happened - high ranking Jews controlling large proportion of government, finance and industry have colluded with even more of high ranking Americans - controlling rest of of it and they have simply shorted United States to make $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
It was a general treason committed by your elites.
Typical banana republic situation where few dozens of monkeys have grabbed all bananas out there and rest of these monkeys were left to starve. Plain Third World.

Not long ago you had great cities and great countryside, now you have countryside filled with helpless "deplorables" fleeced of most of wealth they had before and cities filled with drug addicts shitting under themselves on pavement, sluts, wokies, useless migrants and other scum.

There were NO external factors which brought United States to this sad state of affairs - so the only reasonable explanation is treason done by elites and complacency of the mob.

But take a heart in observation that many European nations are in even deeper shit than you are.
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby theluckycountry » Wed 04 Oct 2023, 14:05:19

yellowcanoe wrote:However, the US continues to attract immigrants because there are opportunities to start a business or acquire a professional career that may not be available where they originate from.

For a very very small minority perhaps, but what's driving the mass immigration into the US and Northern Europe is simple necessity. The people down there are avoiding starvation basically. You read about the Venezuelans and it's stories about people losing 40lb due to lack of food, same story in the middleEast, and what I suspect is that it's a direct consequence of Peak Oil.

Yes, we have plenty of Oil still, and the price isn't too bad, but the third world with their US sponsored debt burdens, what are they importing/consuming? I'll go find some charts of consumption by nation, if I can, and I'll bet they show declining rates for these nations. When you can get on a bus or train and come to America and be fed and housed for free, why not! Then when you want a TV or car you can just steal one off a wealthy white person.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby noobtube » Wed 04 Oct 2023, 14:15:41

theluckycountry wrote:Pirates of the Alameda

Homeless Pirates Pillage Leisure Boats In San Francisco Bay

Once a nation loses the power to effectively police it's cities and borders it's all down hill.

The popular or accessible media in the United States is UN-reliable for accurate information. It is all either sensationalized, slanted to promote an agenda, or deliberately misleading to sell a product (learned this from my Dad decades ago).

The United States government was able to put the whole country on Lockdown for 2 years when it wanted. But, it led to nationwide protests (i.e. George Floyd demonstrations), and the January 6th takeover of Congress. The government made a show of the consequences of those involved, to send a message.

It would take another extraordinary set of circumstances like that for the United States government to come anywhere close to losing control. They know not to try another Lockdown.

The young people are getting restless.
noobtube
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby mousepad » Wed 04 Oct 2023, 14:35:05

EnergyUnlimited wrote:In reality something else have happened - high ranking Jews controlling large proportion of government, finance and industry have colluded with even more of high ranking Americans - controlling rest of of it and they have simply shorted United States to make $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

So far I'm with you. Except the "colluded to short". The jews just do what jews do best. That's accumulating power & money. And over time, that leads to an imbalance in the society. As the ones in power constantly try skew society further to their benefit. And that has nothing to do with jews at all. That has to do with anybody in power. Even your local farmer elected as mayor of your local powiat. When in doubt he will error on the side of his benefit. Just human nature. I think that's why every so often a civilization needs a reset, revolution. To scratch all the shit and start fresh.

Not long ago you had great cities and great countryside,

US cities in 80's were cesspools of crime and filth. And there are plenty of books describing the misery of country living in the 50s, 60s and 70s and how people long for the comfort of cities.

now you have countryside filled with helpless "deplorables" fleeced of most of wealth they had before and

Not everywhere. The US is much bigger than poland. There are miserable 3rd world places in the US both urban and rural. And then there are beautiful rural places with full employment and a vibrant society (I live in one of those places). And I'm sure there's nice cities, or city neighborhoods left, too.

so the only reasonable explanation is treason done by elites and complacency of the mob.

Really? For a subject that complex, that's the only reasonable explanation you can come up with?

But take a heart in observation that many European nations are in even deeper shit than you are.

That depends. Be careful not to automatically assume "change" == "shit". As future history has not been written yet, we will have to wait and see. I certainly HATE the loss of my identity and culture (which is european, as I am born and raised in Europe). But it's also not the end of the world. It's very very uncomfortable change, that's for sure.
mousepad
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby noobtube » Wed 04 Oct 2023, 14:40:03

mousepad wrote:
yellowcanoe wrote:

Isn't that exactly what you do? You need to look up the word projection.

You can't see your own hypocrisy and expect me to explain it to you.

You whine about "crime" and then promote illegal immigrants. I can see why you had to flee civilization.

mousepad wrote:Let me guess. The jews?

Why don't you just admit that you want Israel to continue its control over America? It's clear you are a Zionist.

You love their agenda of illegal immigration, cops killing pregnant Americans, and defending Israel to the last American.

And, talk about blame and playing the victim. Who created that other than the Jew and their holocaust and anti-semitism that they scream whenever they don't get their way?

I still can't get over Holocaust museums in America, over something that Jews don't claim happened here. Why is America (why am I, my friends, and family) paying a Holocaust bill?

If you love them so much, why not move to Israel?
noobtube
Lignite
Lignite

PreviousNext

Return to Economics & Finance