Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Russia/Ukraine Crisis Pt. 19

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Russia/Ukraine Crisis Pt. 19

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 13 Nov 2023, 02:26:37

WaPo reports that a Ukrainian colonel blew up the Nordstrom Pipeline

senior-ukrainian-officer-coordinated-nord-stream-attack-washington-post-2023-11-12

If true, then Ukriane successfully destroyed billions of dollars of Russian petroleum infrastructure back in early 2022.

And just a few days ago Ukraine recently made more threats against Russian petroleum infrastructure----Ukraine threatened to disrupt Russian oil infrastructure if Russian again attacks Ukrianian electrical infrastructure. The Ukrianians say it's only fair that if Russian again tries to destroy Key Ukrianian infrstruture, Ukraine can try to destroy key Russian infrastructure.

So how will this all play out?

I predict Putin will ignore the danger of Ukrianian sabotage of Russian oil facilities and Russia will once again attack Ukrianian electrical infrastructure......

AND I also predict that Ukriane, good to its word, will then begin a campaign of sabotaging Russia's internal oil infrastructure by blowing up pipeline, tank farms and ports within Russia.

It seems hard to believe that a little country like Ukriane could do any damage to a giant superpower like Russia, but if the WaPo report is true then Ukriane has ALREADY sabotaged a key element of Russian petroleum instruction. This suggest Ukriane actually does have the capacity to damage Russian oil instructor.

Russian oil infrastructure....a target rich environment for Ukrainian sabotage attacks?

Cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Shaved Monkey » Mon 13 Nov 2023, 05:46:44

Nord stream was built to not cross over Ukraine and deny them from being able to benefit from it
So it would be the Ukrainians interests to blow it up

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -gas-flows
Ready to turn Zombies into WWOOFers
Shaved Monkey
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Mon 13 Nov 2023, 06:26:08

Somehow I think that landlocking of Ukraine is now Russia minimum objection. As time pass they will take Odessa to get corridor to Transdniestria, renegade Russian enclave in Moldova.
I expect it to happen within 1-2 years from now on.
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby theluckycountry » Mon 13 Nov 2023, 07:00:24

EnergyUnlimited wrote:Somehow I think that landlocking of Ukraine is now Russia minimum objection. As time pass they will take Odessa to get corridor to Transdniestria, renegade Russian enclave in Moldova.

You mean minimum objective? I would agree, it makes sense, easier to control the grain that way. I see Poland is in the news for speaking out against the islamic immigration that has destroyed all the western euro nations :lol: Good on them, someone has to hold the line.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby careinke » Mon 13 Nov 2023, 07:03:12

Plantagenet wrote:WaPo reports that a Ukrainian colonel blew up the Nordstrom Pipeline

senior-ukrainian-officer-coordinated-nord-stream-attack-washington-post-2023-11-12

If true, then Ukriane successfully destroyed billions of dollars of Russian petroleum infrastructure back in early 2022.

Cheers!

Did you even read the link you posted??? It mostly argues against what you are saying. Yea I know you used "if true" to cover your ass, still here is what was really said in the article you linked to. Your lack of credibility is showing. :P

KYIV, Nov 12 (Reuters) - A Ukrainian military officer coordinated last year's attack on the Nord Stream natural gas pipeline, the Washington Post reported on Saturday, citing anonymous sources in Ukraine and Europe.

No one has taken responsibility for the September 2022 blasts, which occurred off the Danish island of Bornholm and ruptured three out of four lines of the system that delivers Russian gas to Europe.

Washington and NATO called it an act of sabotage, while Moscow said it was an act of international terrorism.

Roman Chervinsky, a former intelligence official who served in the Ukrainian military's special forces, managed a six-person team but did not plan the attack, the Post reported. He denied involvement.

A spokesperson for Ukraine's military told Reuters he had "no information" about the claim. The Ukrainian foreign ministry and Kyiv's domestic security service, the SBU, did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

The newspaper also reported that President Volodymyr Zelenskiy, who has denied Kyiv's role in the blasts, had been unaware of the operation. Zelenskiy last week replaced the head of Ukraine's special operations forces.

Germany, Denmark and Sweden have launched investigations into the Nord Stream explosions, which sent plumes of methane into the atmosphere in a leak that lasted several days.

Chervinsky is currently under arrest for exceeding authority after a 2022 attempt to convince a Russian pilot to defect to Ukraine, which investigators say led to a deadly Russian attack on a Ukrainian air base.
An outspoken critic of Zelenskiy's administration, Chervinsky has said the case against him is politically motivated and that he was following orders in that operation.

His commanding officer at the time, Maj. Gen. Viktor Hanushchak, told Ukrainian media earlier this year that senior military leadership had signed off on the plot to lure the Russian pilot.

The Post and Germany's Der Spiegel newspaper collaborated on reporting and wrote separate stories that they agreed to publish at the same time.

It's sounds like those brave little Nazi's that you seem to have a crush on, are all denying the WaPo version of the story. The story was probably given to WaPo by the corrupt Biden administration.

Peace
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 13 Nov 2023, 16:23:29

careinke wrote:
Plantagenet wrote:WaPo reports that a Ukrainian colonel blew up the Nordstrom Pipeline

Cheers!

Did you even read the link you posted??? It mostly argues against what you are saying. Yea I know you used "if true" to cover your ass, still here is what was really said in the article you linked to. Your lack of credibility is showing. :P

KYIV, Nov 12 (Reuters) - A Ukrainian military officer coordinated last year's attack on the Nord Stream natural gas pipeline, the Washington Post reported on Saturday, citing anonymous sources in Ukraine and Europe.

Don't you even read the quote you yourself posted??? It totally refutes what you are saying and it totally backs up what I said.

I said the WaPo reported that a Ukrainian colonel blew up the Nordstrom pipeline, and your quote said the WaPo reported that a senior Ukrianian military officer blew up the Nordstream pipeline. Guess what....senior military officer is the the colonel. YOU JUST POSTED THE EXACT SAME THING I POSTED but somehow you are all wee-wee'd up because I posted it. Didn't you even read the quote you quoted in your very own post???? SHEESH!!!

And you didn't even use "if true" to cover your ass.

Now I will quote you directly because your words apply to your own post...."Your lack of credibility is showing once again." Hahahahahahahahah!!!!! :roll: 8) :lol:

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby theluckycountry » Mon 13 Nov 2023, 16:44:42

careinke wrote:Chervinsky is currently under arrest for exceeding authority after a 2022 attempt to convince a Russian pilot to defect to Ukraine, which investigators say led to a deadly Russian attack on a Ukrainian air base.

That's a classic lol. Try to turn a Russian pilot and he uses your intel to destroy the airbase.

It's sounds like those brave little Nazi's that you seem to have a crush on, are all denying the WaPo version of the story. The story was probably given to WaPo by the corrupt Biden administration.

Poor old plant, he's a mirror image of the President he worships, although minus the wealth and immunities. He blunders from thread to thread tripping over his own words. He's even obsessed with sex, as I noticed in the Robot thread. Peas in a pod.

This is what Biden needs. It'll keep him away from the little girls too.

Biden Rambling this week

Biden, asked by a reporter why many Americans still don't feel good about the economy despite progress on jobs, pointed to negative media coverage.

"You all are not the happiest people in the world - what you report," Biden said. "And I mean it sincerely. You get more legs when you're reporting something that's negative. I don't mean you're picking me. It's just the nature of things."

He added: "You turn on the television, and there's not a whole lot about boy saves dog because he swims in the lake. You know, it's about somebody pushed the dog in the lake. I mean, I get it."

And that's the nation's leader? God help you. "And I mean it sincerely."
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 13 Nov 2023, 16:58:35

theluckycountry wrote:Biden Rambling this week

Biden, asked by a reporter why many Americans still don't feel good about the economy despite progress on jobs, pointed to negative media coverage.

"You all are not the happiest people in the world - what you report," Biden said. "And I mean it sincerely. You get more legs when you're reporting something that's negative. I don't mean you're picking me. It's just the nature of things."

He added: "You turn on the television, and there's not a whole lot about boy saves dog because he swims in the lake. You know, it's about somebody pushed the dog in the lake. I mean, I get it."

And that's the nation's leader? God help you. "And I mean it sincerely."

You must not be paying attention.

Biden rambles every day of every week. Its very sad, actually.

It's a crazy world out there.

The president of the United states is senile and probably isn't actually running the USA while the dictator of Russia is a reactionary Russo-fascist nationalist who unfortunately is actually running Russia.

Putin arrests pro-democracy protestors within minutes, but he allows his fellow Russian fascists to openly march in Moscow!!!

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Newfie » Mon 13 Nov 2023, 18:59:13

I have seen the latest WaPo piece. Not impressed with with any part of it. Sounds much more like someone trying to create the impression of a Crack in Ukraine leadership.

It is simply a unsubstantiated claim that solves none of the technical issues, assuming they are still pushing the Andromeda story.

In the meantime NewNewPolarBear destroyed a bit of undersea fiber and perhaps gas with her anchor. Still waiting for a reasonable explanation on how that happened.

https://gcaptain.com/estonia-eyes-chine ... age-probe/
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Shaved Monkey » Mon 13 Nov 2023, 19:09:11

EnergyUnlimited wrote:Somehow I think that landlocking of Ukraine is now Russia minimum objection. As time pass they will take Odessa to get corridor to Transdniestria, renegade Russian enclave in Moldova.

Access to a warm water port would have been Russia's main aim
Being able to have an alternative avenue to sell its gas that doesnt involve dealing with the Ukraine would give them the economic leverage to make the Ukraine a little less interested in being a Nato member and parking weapons on its land aimed at Moscow
Shaved Monkey
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Tue 14 Nov 2023, 03:09:31

Shaved Monkey wrote:Access to a warm water port would have been Russia's main aim
Being able to have an alternative avenue to sell its gas that doesnt involve dealing with the Ukraine would give them the economic leverage to make the Ukraine a little less interested in being a Nato member and parking weapons on its land aimed at Moscow

Russians already have access to Black/Azov Sea warm water ports - like Sevastopol, Mariupol and few other.
Odessa would be nice to add but main reason to do it is to cut of Ukraine sea access.

Re Ukraine in NATO - that is not going to happen anytime soon. Nuclear war is more likely.
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Tue 14 Nov 2023, 17:37:10

Here's an interesting video showing more information about the two Russian CERNA class landing craft that Ukraine destroyed a few days ago.

The videos show large explosions destroying the landing craft---it also has some nice footage of the Ukrianian missile attack that destroyed the Russian naval cruiser about two weeks ago.

More info about the two destroyed Russian land craft

According to the video the Russians had loaded the landing craft with drones and military vehicles and their crews---the Russian ammo on the landing crafts apparently blew up due to the sea drone attack, and both landing craft and all personnel on board both ships are presumably lost now.

The brave little Ukrainian sea drones do it again! The huge explosions that occurred when the landing craft were hit indicate the Russian drones and other ammo on board the landing craft also exploded during the attack.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby theluckycountry » Tue 14 Nov 2023, 20:18:53

Ukraine's Fate Will Be Decided In Coming Year, Top Zelensky Aide Admits

"A turning point in the war is approaching," Andrii Yermak, who serves as chief of staff for the Office of the President of Ukraine, said Monday. "The next year will be decisive in this regard." He issued the words while appealing for more urgent aid from Washington in an address to the hawkish DC-based Hudson Institute think tank.

Yermak sought to assure the audience that Zelensky has "a clear plan" forward even as Western media has by and large soured on Kiev's prospects for success. Much of this is about Zelensky sending envoys to do damage control in Washington at a moment the US administration's focus is off Ukraine and on Gaza events instead.
https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ ... ide-admits
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby theluckycountry » Thu 16 Nov 2023, 18:03:28

It's interesting, people talking for the last couple of years about the poor russians being forced to fight in this war. And then we find out this. What other assumptions are false?

14/11/2023 The Kremlin last week acknowledged the use of prisoner recruits to fight in the conflict and said convicts who “atone for their crime on the battlefield with blood” could be pardoned.
“They are atoning with blood in storm brigades, under bullets and under shells,” Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said on Friday.

President Vladimir Putin said in September that Russian prisoners who died in Ukraine had “redeemed themselves” in the eyes of society.

Russia has probably recruited 100,000 people from prisons to fight, Olga Romanova, head of an independent prisoners’ rights group has estimated.
https://www.france24.com/en/europe/2023 ... in-ukraine

Well it makes perfect sense really, but the soft headed Western liberals are aghast, how could they do such a thing? It's inhuman lol. Sending convicted murderers in as shock troops to fight against the ukrainian's is very clever. And it's not like they are being forced! It's a good deal for them. I feel sorry for the poor non-russian ukrainian though.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby theluckycountry » Thu 16 Nov 2023, 18:38:05

leaving aside the western propaganda that Russia is a spent force, which was always totally ridiculous considering their military posture worldwide and their manpower and equipment at home. I have always asked myself why? Why take so long to prosecute this war? Even now with the ukrainian forces in disarray and on the back-foot Russia constantly pulls the punches. I think part of it may be to totally dishearten the ukrainian population, to eliminate any ideas they might have of a future challenge to the lands that have been taken from them.

Evidence keeps piling up, via leaked reports, of an across-the-board breakdown in the Ukrainian frontlines...

Previously, we focused on the southern Zaporozhye front. Now let’s focus on Kharkov, in the northeast.
The attached document, fully verified for authenticity, is a July report to the Chief of Staff of the operational-tactical group “Sumy”.

The report essentially says that it’s impossible to withdraw two thirds of the A7383 unit from the battlefield to recover combat readiness because the remaining one third is incapable of holding the fort – which happens to extend along 55.5 km. As of four months ago, the 127th separate territorial defense brigade in Kharkov was still equipped with 72% of personnel – 2,392 soldiers and 256 officers. Yet, crucially, the moral-psychological condition of the unit was critical – just as in the previous instance in Zaporozhye.

So forget about recovering combat readiness: this is yet another case of a brigade – now in Kharkov – that cannot fight properly. The previous case was far from being an exception to the current rule. The conclusion is stark: with whole brigades in critical condition, the entire Ukrainian frontline may be about to fall.

The Hundred Days Debacle

Facts on the ground point to the Russian Armed Forces (RAF) taking the initiative all along the SMO frontlines. This is recognized even by Polish and Estonian intel. Main battles are being fought on the Avdeevka-Marinka line in the DPR and the Kupyansk-Svatovo line in the LPR. RAF has enough manpower and weapons to keep the Ukrainians under a 24/7 state of despair. Objectives remain the same: to capture the whole of DPR and LPR within their administrative borders.

In parallel, the ever-unplugged Dmitri Medvedev, Deputy Chairman of the Russian Security Council, has announced a massive increase in the production of weapons and military equipment. Medvedev constantly stresses that the capabilities of the Russian defense industry have reached an unprecedented level – and much faster than expected. Kremlin spokesman Dmitri Peskov, for his part, echoes what Foreign Minister Lavrov has been detailing for months now: Kiev – and its NATO handlers – better realize they cannot and won’t “win” in the battlefield.

Medvedev always relishes upping the ante: “The West must admit that not only Donbass and Crimea are not Ukraine, but also Odessa, Nikolaev, Kiev and practically everything else.”

That was a sharp response to former NATO Secretary- General Anders “Fogh of War” Rasmussen, who said that Kiev could be accepted into NATO “without lost territories,” referring to Crimea and Donbass. That set Medvedev on a roll: “What then should we admit to NATO, you ask? Well, we can accept the city of Lemberg with its surroundings [the Lviv region] if they really insist there.”

This analysis focuses on “what the Russians are doing with their ongoing ‘mud season offensive’ in Ukraine, really a collection of local attacks across the length of the front line” – with the exception of Kherson. Strategically, Russia has committed none of its own massive reserves while the Armed Forces of Ukraine (AFU) are pressured all along the frontlines – and the Russians silently prepare a surprise knockout blow elsewhere.

A Perfect Storm of dwindling financing, weaponizing and Western “support” has darkened Kiev’s horizon, while serial Ukrainian disasters on the ground are so obvious they are even being picked up by Western mainstream media. This ain’t no “stalemate”. The previous analysis is only one among many that matches the breakdown of Ukrainian brigades across the frontlines – consisting “largely of units already mauled in their disastrous Hundred Days Offensive.”

The Hundred Days Offensive should rather be qualified as NATO’s Hundred Days Debacle. The debacle is the key reason why the “Biden combo” administration is now desperately trying to impose a ceasefire: a face-saving gambit as crucial as throwing the sweaty sweatshirt in Kiev under a double-decker bus.
https://strategic-culture.su/news/2023/ ... revisited/
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby jato0072 » Thu 16 Nov 2023, 22:10:11

I have always asked myself why? Why take so long to prosecute this war?

Back in early 2022, I totally underestimated the willingness of the West to supply actual weapons and billions of dollars to Ukraine.

I remember Brandon saying this: Speaking at the House Democratic Caucus Issues Conference on March 11, 2022, Biden had said that “the idea that we’re going to send in offensive equipment and have planes and tanks and trains going in with American pilots and American crews, just understand — and don’t kid yourself, no matter what you all say — that’s called ‘World War Three.’”

Then IIRC last year I found (which I have already posted here on this thread):

That moment in 2016 when America pushed Ukrainians into aggression towards Russia.

So with full Western NATO backing, everything except for manpower, Ukraine is a near peer to Russia militarily. Without Western backing, the SMO would have been over a long time ago.
"On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."
jato0072
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Plantagenet » Fri 17 Nov 2023, 00:11:26

jato0072 wrote:with full Western NATO backing, everything except for manpower, Ukraine is a near peer to Russia militarily.....

You've got to give the Ukrainians themself credit for the courage they are showing in standing up to Russia--- a country that is four times their size.

And its not just access to western weapons that is helping the Ukrainians----the Ukrainains themselves have been very clever in the way they used drones to destroy tanks and fuel tankers and counteract Russia's advantage in the earliest days of the Russian invasion.

The Ukrainians have also developed some excellent weapons themselves, including medium range missiles.

And don't forget the brave little Ukrainian sea drones, which have had great success in sinking ships of the Russian Black Sea Fleet, including most recently two landing craft loaded with Russian armored vehicles, drones and troops which they blew up just last week.

Ukraine has invented a new kind of sea drone which has been successful at attacking the Russian Black Sea Fleet in areas around Crimea and also far out in the Black Sea

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Fri 17 Nov 2023, 12:54:41

Plantagenet wrote:Ukraine has invented a new kind of sea drone which has been successful at attacking the Russian Black Sea Fleet in areas around Crimea and also far out in the Black Sea

Ukrainians are very corrupt and infiltrated by all sort of third party agents so this technology will leak for sure...
I wonder how American carriers will cope?
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby ralfy » Fri 17 Nov 2023, 20:26:38

A related point from 1986:

"Joe Biden says if Israel didn't exist, the US would have to invent one to protect US interests"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYLNCcLfIkM
ralfy
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Shaved Monkey » Fri 17 Nov 2023, 21:07:54

EnergyUnlimited wrote:
Plantagenet wrote:Ukraine has invented a new kind of sea drone which has been successful at attacking the Russian Black Sea Fleet in areas around Crimea and also far out in the Black Sea

Ukrainians are very corrupt and infiltrated by all sort of third party agents so this technology will leak for sure...
I wonder how American carriers will cope?

Thats the sad part all of those weapons will be in the hands of whoever pays the most to a corrupt Ukrainian official.
Dont be surprised when we see them everywhere with any minor group that has a grievance or wants to get a front page article written about them.
I imagine the unsinkable aircraft carriers the Chinese built on the Sprately Islands would be one place that will stock up too.

Simple effective weapons that can be made in the sheds of any terrorist organisation are really a danger for everyone and not something to be celebrated
Shaved Monkey
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

PreviousNext

Return to Europe Discussion