Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Russia/Ukraine Crisis Pt. 19

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Russia/Ukraine Crisis Pt. 19

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 24 Jan 2024, 16:17:23

Bidenomics is now going to be used on Russia......

Congress and the Biden administration are moving towards seizing Russian assets and giving them to Ukraine to help them pay for the war and post-war recovery.

us-senate-panel-steps-toward-seizing-russian-assets-help-ukraine-

Apparently Russia has about 300 billion in assets in various western accounts that could be seized and turned over to Ukraine. A bill to do that is now advancing in the US Senate, and reportedly has Biden administration support.

The Ds and the Biden administration have a plan B to fund Ukraine---they are moving to seize Russian overseas assets in order to give them to Ukraine

Cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby theluckycountry » Thu 25 Jan 2024, 23:01:25

Well the Zelinskee is getting desperate. Having already switched from attacking military targets to attacking civilian targets he is now attacking oil infrastructure. Besides being a threat to the general environment of the Black sea, which many nations border, it is patently a last ditch effort to try and attack an enemy they are already in retreat from. Saddam Hussein's forces did the same thing as they were being driven from Kuwait back in the day.

Reuters on Thursday cited an unidentified Ukrainian source to say that a successful drone attack was carried out against a Rosneft-owned oil refinery in southern Russia on the Black Sea. Local authorities acknowledged the fresh attack, describing that it set off a fire which though appeared very large, was reportedly quickly extinguished.

The Tuapse plant has an annual capacity of 12 million metric tons (or averaging 240,000 barrels per day) and supplies fuel chiefly to China, Turkey, Malaysia and Singapore, Reuters noted.
https://www.zerohedge.com/energy/anothe ... one-attack

Talk about making a list of future enemies. Stupid ukraine, it's no wonder the region is always being overrun and occupied by neighboring nations. They are such a hate filled people, and the reason why is because they are all half-castes. Yes, they would like to be Western european but they have too much slav blood. Not accepted by the west or the east. Now that most of the attractive healthy young men and women have fled it will even worse in the days to come. A nation of geriatrics.

Stalin tried to quell the madness there and modernize it back in the 30's but the ukrainians went on a hunger strike, millions of them dying rather than allowing themselves to be brought into the 20th century way of life.

après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Fri 26 Jan 2024, 01:18:23

theluckycountry wrote:Zelinskee is ....attacking oil infrastructure.

Quite so.

Russia's been attacking Ukraine's infrastructure for two years. Now Ukraine has now developed long range drones that can hit targets deep into Russia and they've begun to attack Russia's infrastructure in response to the Russian attacks on Ukrainian infrastructure.

theluckycountry wrote:
Stalin tried to quell the madness there and modernize it back in the 30's but the ukrainians went on a hunger strike, millions of them dying rather than allowing themselves to be brought into the 20th century way of life.

Thats got to be one of the most absurd lies I've ever seen.

Congrats!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Plantagenet » Fri 26 Jan 2024, 01:26:56

More on Ukriane's new strategy of attacking Russia's oil and gas infrastructure with long range drones

ukrainian-drones-are-burning-down-russias-oil-and-gas-industry

Apparently Russia has moved most of their air defense systems down to assist and cover their invasion of Ukraine so the Russian oil refineries, tankfarms and tanker loading sites all over Russia are essentially undefended. That makes it easy for Ukriane to sneak its long range drones into the heartland of Russia and to carry out attacks on Russia's oil infrastructure over a huge area of western Russia itself. According to the Ukrianians they have built thousands of long range drones so these attacks are likely to continue.

Ukraine is now using newly developed long distance drones to hit oil terminals, LNG terminals, oil refineries, etc. in the heartland of Russia. According to the Ukrianians they have built thousands of long range drones so these attacks are likely to continue.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby AgentR11 » Fri 26 Jan 2024, 12:18:36

And yet those pesky lines. The only movement of note is the Russians capturing a few streets deeper into Avdeevka (NW of Donetsk city). Though the method recently was entertaining I guess; they found an old pipe, traversed it underground and popped up behind a line of UA troops, capturing them. Sorta a tactical story, to go with the thousands of other meaningless tactical stories...

If UA is to win, NATO must do it, and must be prepared for the high casualties that would be required to do it. There is no other possible path to victory for UA and the recapture of Crimea for NATO.
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Fri 26 Jan 2024, 19:03:58

AgentR11 wrote:If UA is to win, NATO must do it, and must be prepared for the high casualties that would be required to do it.

Your fantasy that NATO might join the fight to help Ukriane is totally ridiculous. It's not going to happen.

AgentR11 wrote:
.... the recapture of Crimea for NATO.

Thats another absurdist fantasy ---it's literally impossible to "recapture Crimea for NATO" because NATO never had Crimea.

How about we don't waste any more time on ridiculous and absurd fantasies about NATO joining the fight in Ukraine and instead talk about the real things that are really happening in the real world.

For instance: A former NATO secretary General just said that "Putin won't stop with Ukraine" but will go on to attack other countries, and that means NATO needs to keep providing arms to Ukraine to deter Putin from additional attacks and invasions of other countries.

ukraine-war-latest-russia-putin-

Is this right? IS Putin actually just little idiotic pin head whose tiny brain is obsessed with the idea of recreating the glories of the Czarist Empire and the Soviet Empire by reconquering Ukraine' and the other countries who were formerly until the thumb of the Czars and then the USSR?

IS Putin actually just little idiotic pin head whose tiny brain is obsessed with the idea of recreating the glories of the Czarist Empire and the Soviet Empire by reconquering Ukraine' and the other countries who were formerly until the control of the Czars and then the USSR?

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby AgentR11 » Sat 27 Jan 2024, 11:34:21

How about, "recapture Crimea, for NATO". Perhaps better grammar, my apologies.

UA never got much value out of the place before Russia invaded; its most useful purpose would be as a solid NATO naval base in Sevastopol after removing all the annoying Russians of course.
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Sat 27 Jan 2024, 14:47:11

Plantagenet wrote:
Newfie wrote:Plant,

What I heard was Biden and Johnson reached a deal but Trump instigated a revolt among his pack of nutters. So the deal is now off.

Sorry to hear the Ukriane aid deal is off.

I'm sure there is enough blame to go around for all concerned, beginning with Biden's physical frailty and cognitive decline which no doubt contributed to his dismal. failure to deter the Russians from invading in the first place, in spite of his numerous promises that he would deter the Russians from invading.

Newfie wrote:
Then there is this, which is interesting if true. In any case it points to the superabundance of statistical and data manipulation.

https://medium.com/bouncin-and-behavin- ... 0885bd8ff1?

I clicked through on your link, but I didn't read the article after its ridiculous assertion right at the beginning that the border crisis isn't a crisis. If there is interesting data in the story I confess I never got to it.

Hope you're having a great winter----we're in huge cold snap up here in Alaska with temps going down to -40 to -50---just praying the electrical power doesn't go off again.

Cheers!

Plant,

I suggest you slow down a bit. Tr article has some interesting points whether you agree there is a crisis or not.

I agree there is a problem, but to be honest I can get no good stats on the nature of rhe problem. And the drift of te article is on who to blame

The MAIN reason I posted that was to show the level of data manipulation that is going on.

At least one of two things is true..

This article is true and the scale of the problem is due to Trump's Title 42 legislation allowing migrants to appeal rulings immediately. And that means the R presented data is being skewed by having different base lines

OR

the problem is not (in part) due to Title 42 or that the number of "encounters" is not indicative of the number crossing the border.

In EITHER CASE you have gross manipulationnof data by the media to suit political ends.

And THAT is a f$%ing HUGE problem.

Who do you trust?

No one.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sat 27 Jan 2024, 16:44:13

AgentR11 wrote:How about, "recapture Crimea, for NATO". .....its most useful purpose would be as a solid NATO naval base in Sevastopol after removing all the annoying Russians of course.

Once again, I assure you that your fantasies about NATO setting up a naval base in Crimea are not based in reality.

I write this not in the hope that you'll suddenly abandon your delusionary ideas......I write this just as a friendly note from the real world.

I assure you that in the real world NATO isn't in Crimea....but please feel free to continue with your delusional thinking. :-D :roll: 8)

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sat 27 Jan 2024, 16:59:24

Newfie wrote:Plant.....article has some interesting points whether you agree there is a crisis or not.

Perhaps, but I couldn't get past that initial claim in the video that there isn't a border crisis. That claim was clearly very wrong, and so I stopped watching.

Even Biden has now started making speeches admitting there is a border crisis on his watch.

It's just reality.

Newfie wrote:
The MAIN reason I posted that was to show the level of data manipulation that is going on.

I certainly agree there is data manipulation going on.

Newfie wrote:
Trump's Title 42 ....

Trump used Title 42 to block and expel illegal aliens due to health concerns during the COVID epidemic. This is one way Trump dramatically reduced immigration on his watch.

The use of TITLE 42 to screen out illegal aliens who hadn't taken COVID tests seems imminently fair to me, since when I travelled during the COVID epidemic I wasn't allowed to enter the USA without a COVID test. I remember very clearly being in London and taking a required COVID test at the airport. I passed the test and I was allowed on the plane and then allowed into the USA. Some people didm't pass, and they were denied entry into the US.

All Trump did was also apply the same legal priciple to illegal aliens as was being applied to US citizens and legal travelers. What could be fairer and more just then that?

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sat 27 Jan 2024, 20:55:09

Here's an interesting article in THE GUARDIAN discussing Ukraine's new program of attacking Russia's oil infrastructure deep inside Russia using long distance drones.

ukraine-levels-up-the-fight-with-drone-strikes-deep-into-russia

According the article, in the last three weeks:
"Ukraine has wreaked havoc with Russia’s energy infrastructure. Soon after the new year, someone attached explosives to train carriages in the Urals city of Nizhny Tagil. A blast took place next to facilities owned by Gazprom Neft, the country’s third biggest oil producer. Next, a kamikaze drone crashed into an oil depot in the Oryol region.
--On 18 January, another oil terminal, in St Petersburg – Vladimir Putin’s home city – came under attack. It was the first time since the invasion in February 2022 that unmanned aerial vehicles had reached the Leningrad region.
--There was more to come. A large-scale fire broke out at an oil depot in the town of Klintsy, not far from Belarus and Ukraine.
--Three days later, drones hit the Baltic port of Ust-Luga in the Gulf of Finland and a main oil terminal belonging to the Novatek company. It supplies fuel to the Russian army, while other shipments go to Asia. An orange fireball lit up the sky. Witnesses described the explosion in apocalyptic terms. “When it blew up, the earth trembled,” said one employee,

So what is this new tactic trying to accomplish......?

Since January 1, 2024 Ukraine has attacked four different Russian oil terminals involved in exporting Russian oil.

Clearly Ukraine is now trying to cripple Russia's oil industry, in the same way Russian has been trying to cripple Ukraine's grain export industry for the last two years. But the oil industry in Russia is much more centralized the then farming and grain export business---that makes it easier to target.

There are 18 different Russian oil exporting terminals that are within range of the new Long distance Ukrainian drones.

These 18 Russian terminals export about 3.5 million bbls per day of oil....or at least they did before Ukraine started blowing them up.

Is this the new long range drone Ukraine is using to blow up Russian oil infrastructure and oil export terminals across the heartland of Russia?

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby theluckycountry » Sat 27 Jan 2024, 20:59:56

Plantagenet wrote:Image

That's the TV world plant :lol: A TV show. If I ever needed proof that you believe the information on the idiot box reflects the real world I need look no further.

après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sun 28 Jan 2024, 01:33:14

theluckycountry wrote:....the information on the idiot box reflects the real world

If you say so.

So...please tell me.....since you posted that "the idiot box reflects the real world", does that mean the idiot box is where you get your access to Putin's nutty ideas and the rest of the Russian propaganda you post here?

I've asked you to please reveal where you get all your pro-Russian ideas from several times already but you never answer. Perhaps, given your post saying that the information on the idiot box reflects the real world, you watch RT or some other kind of Russia propaganda show and believe everything that Moscow says? Come on....what's your secret? Do you have access to some kind of PUTINWIKI or PUTINTUBE TV station on your idiot box?

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby theluckycountry » Sun 28 Jan 2024, 05:20:08

Ahhh, your doing what your masters trained you to plant, taking things out of context. I said
If I ever needed proof that you believe the information on the idiot box reflects the real world

I don't have a TV connection plant, free to air or online, I don't watch it and haven't for over 40 years now. I don't vote either, I have nothing to do with the propaganda of government and corporations. You don't realize it but how you see the world, your attitudes to all aspects of culture, to pets even, is a direct consequence of the TV PROGRAMMING you have received over the years.

You can't see it, you never will, it's the matrix that's been pulled over your eyes to blind you to the truth. That you are a slave plant. A consumer slave, and a tax donkey.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby theluckycountry » Sun 28 Jan 2024, 05:23:53

This is your world, the modern world

A brave new world where it's normal to have a filthy dog sleeping in your bed. Everyone does it, though even just 30 years ago the thought would have been abhorrent. What changed? People's perceptions changed, decades of TV shows promoting the love of pets entrained people to accept animals as they would humans. Most dogs today are not trained and no one would dream of training them, but the owners are trained, fully obedient to the fashion of the day.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 29 Jan 2024, 00:24:20

theluckycountry wrote: it's normal to have a filthy dog sleeping in your bed. Everyone does it.....

What strange ideas you have. :lol: 8)

I suggest you stop thinking only of yourself and have the common decency to wash your dog off after you get it all dirty.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby theluckycountry » Mon 29 Jan 2024, 10:31:14

:roll: And you claim to be an academic plant. So sad.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby AgentR11 » Fri 02 Feb 2024, 17:30:36

Twitter reporters note the destruction of a Russian corvette underway yesterday, including some nice footage taken from an unmanned vehicle in the Black Sea.

And in other news Zelenksky is apparently replacing Zelusnhy in a bit of palace politics.

Thought plant would be on with pics, bold titles and stuff quickly, but whatever. Needed mentioning.
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sat 03 Feb 2024, 21:32:02

AgentR11 wrote:…..note the destruction of a Russian corvette underway yesterday…..Needed mentioning.

Good job catchng this one agent11.

THe Ukrainians say they hit the cruise with SIX of their brave little sea drones, and the Russian Cruiser…..and all its hypersonic cruise missiles…..exploded, and then turned on its side and went down with all hands——no survivors.

Ukraine sinks ANOTHER ship from the rapidly shrinking Russian Black Sea FLEET

CHEERS!!!!!!!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby AgentR11 » Sat 03 Feb 2024, 21:44:53

"No survivors" is disputed. Russian source suggest rescue of either 26 or 36, can't recall at the moment. Crews on corvettes are of course small numbers anyway... so meh either way. Loss of the boat is more notable. They can only produce a few each year.

Oh, and its not a cruiser. Cruisers are big-ax capital ships. These guys are boats, a tenth the size of a cruiser. Russia doesn't even build cruisers anymore... no mission, like a carrier.
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

PreviousNext

Return to Europe Discussion