Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Russia/Ukraine Crisis Pt. 19

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Russia/Ukraine Crisis Pt. 19

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sun 18 Feb 2024, 15:30:25

Brave little Ukrainian sea drones sink ANOTHER Russian Black Sea ship!

Also gone is the crew and all the ammunition and equipment being transported by the doomed ship.

Russian Black Sea Fleet loses the Cesar Kunikov

KaBOOM crash bang boom! boom! BOOM! glub blub blub

With this latest naval victory, the Ukrianians have now sunk 1/3 of the Russian Black Sea Fleet.

What an amazing accomplishment for a little tiny country that doesn't even have a navy!!!

Cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby AgentR11 » Sun 18 Feb 2024, 16:37:47

Avdiivka has been abandoned by UAF; only a few lost stragglers remain there.

Russia lost a 38 year old landing ship and crew of about 100 to a wonder weapon, while capturing a strategic town on the NW outskirts of Donetsk, and appears to be pursuing the UAF survivors. Whether UAF can establish a fall back line of defense before the Russians overrun them... unknown.
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 19 Feb 2024, 00:13:46

AgentR11 wrote:Russia lost a 38 year old landing ship and crew of about 100 to a wonder weapon...

Well said. 8)

And not just any wonder weapon --- the brave little sea drones that are sinking ship after ship of Russia's Black Sea Fleet are home grown wonder weapons developed and built right there in Ukraine.

Who would've ever dreamed that tiny little Ukraine would be able to resist the might of Russia for even a week---much less for two full years? Who would've ever dreamed that tiny little Ukraine would make major developments in drone warfare?

You almost expect it when the Ukrainians shoot down Russian Bombers and Fighter jets using western technology----three Russian military planes were shot down just two days ago-----but the brave sea little drones taking out Russian war ships are entirely a home-grown wonder weapon.

ukraine-shoots-down-three-russian-warplanes-

No surprise there. You expect modern western weapons to blast the best Russian jets out of the sky----but I still find it amazing that Ukraine has created these little tiny speedboats that can destroy Russian war ships.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby theluckycountry » Mon 19 Feb 2024, 07:12:17

Well it's best to keep things in perspective.

ODESA, Ukraine — When Russia annexed Crimea from Ukraine in 2014, it absorbed land and people. But in the process, and with less attention, Russia also took 75 percent of Ukraine’s naval fleet, the majority of its helicopters and the bulk of the country’s ship repair capacity.

With Sevastopol Naval Base gone, the Ukrainian Navy essentially needed to start from scratch. Seventy percent of naval personnel either defected or were dismissed, and the fleet was now just one frigate — a ship that had been deployed at the time.

Since then, the United States, the United Kingdom and other NATO members have guided the Black Sea nation to rebuild its fleet as well as its ground and special operations forces. And this summer, the effort has taken another step forward by helping the nation achieve interoperability with NATO forces.

In practical terms, that support has led to a “mosquito fleet” of small vessels for near-shore operations to protect Ukraine’s territorial waters and shorelines, said Cmdr. Daniel Marzluff of 6th Fleet, one of the U.S. Navy’s experts on the region.
https://www.defensenews.com/naval/2021/ ... ff-russia/

So, a 38 year old landing ship is struck by drones, perhaps sunk, perhaps just damaged. An old ship, not far from decommissioning I would think. This sort of rhetoric out of kiev reminds me of the talk out of Berlin as the Russian forces approached the city. The German's didn't admit defeat until the Red Star was hanging over the Reichstag but everyone not indoctrinated to the point of stupidity knew it was over once the allies crossed the borders of Germany. By the time this special operation by Russia is over there won't be a ukraine. For a nation is it's people, and they are fast running out of people.

après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby mousepad » Mon 19 Feb 2024, 18:48:46

Plantagenet wrote:but the brave sea little drones taking out Russian war ships are entirely a home-grown wonder weapon.

So the pitchfork farmers of ukraine figured out how to strap a bomb to some drone? Glad the $180 billion in aid helped.
But I'm wondering what you consider brave about an unmanned drone attacking a manned ship?
Brave is soldiers on both sides enduring hardship, violence and death, yet not giving up. That's brave. Some fight with old crappy equipment, and some fight with modern weapons yet not enough ammo. Some bravely fight to defend their land, and some bravely fight because they have no choice but to follow orders.
I feel sad for the many lives lost for nothing but a few 100km of land. Pathetic.
mousepad
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby theluckycountry » Wed 21 Feb 2024, 20:00:02

Plant bases his analysis on A.I. now. Garbage in, Garbage out.

I asked Gemini to make images of American revolutionary soldiers. https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/17 ... 3745812885

Classic :lol:

OpenAI’s popular ChatGPT artificial intelligence (AI) system suffered a bit of a public meltdown between Feb. 20 and 21 that had it confusing and confounding users by spouting gibberish and other strangeness including unprompted pseudo-Shakespeare. It’s unclear at this time what precisely caused the problem and OpenAI hasn’t yet responded to our request for comment.

Based on a cursory examination of the reported outputs, it would appear as though ChatGPT experienced some form of tokenization confusion. Due to the black box nature of large language models built on GPT technology, it may not be possible for scientists at OpenAI to diagnose exactly what went wrong. If this is the case, it’s likely the team will focus on preventative measures such as implementing further guardrails against long strings of apparent gibberish.
https://www.zerohedge.com/crypto/chatgp ... s-fine-now

As an aside, another aside, Nvidia has reached a market cap of 1.6 Trillion on a PE of 80! It's nearly worth as much as the entire crypto complex. It's rise to prominence is on A.I. hardware. A great way to lose some money would be to buy in now at the bubble top. You can convince yourself of this if you regard the recent pullback from $740 to $675 as a buying opportunity. Just ignore the insider selling going on.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Thu 22 Feb 2024, 19:05:56

mousepad wrote: I'm wondering what you consider brave about an unmanned drone attacking a manned ship?

I think its amazing that the Russian Black Sea Fleet ships being blown up and sunk are thousands of times larger than the brave little Ukrainaian sea drones attacking them.

I'm not suggesting that the sea drones are sentient and feel brave and courageous emotions....I'm just using the term "brave little sea drone" to show my personal admiration for the innovation the vastly outnumbered and outgunned Ukrainians have shown in developing a simple, small, inexpensive technology that is capable of destroying Russian ships thousands of times larger and costing millions and millions of rubles to replace.

Ka-BOOM! The brave little Ukrainian sea drones sink another very expensive Russian ship and with each ship sunk the Russian Black Sea Fleet becomes a little smaller

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby careinke » Thu 22 Feb 2024, 20:45:00

Plantagenet wrote:
mousepad wrote: I'm wondering what you consider brave about an unmanned drone attacking a manned ship?

I think its amazing that the Russian Black Sea Fleet ships being blown up and sunk are thousands of times larger than the brave little Ukrainaian sea drones attacking them.

I'm not suggesting that the sea drones are sentient and feel brave and courageous emotions....I'm just using the term "brave little sea drone" to show my personal admiration for the innovation the vastly outnumbered and outgunned Ukrainians have shown in developing a simple, small, inexpensive technology that is capable of destroying Russian ships thousands of times larger and costing millions and millions of rubles to replace.

Ka-BOOM! The brave little Ukrainian sea drones sink another very expensive Russian ship and with each ship sunk the Russian Black Sea Fleet becomes a little smaller

Cheers!

Well, you will be even more impressed when our Psychopathic Elected Leads get us into a nuclear war. Think of all those brave little Merv's taking out massively bigger cities all across the globe. This empire will not go quietly into the night.

PEACE
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Plantagenet » Fri 23 Feb 2024, 21:57:16

careinke wrote:.... impressed when our Psychopathic Elected Leads get us into a nuclear war. Think of all those brave little Merv's taking out massively bigger cities all across the globe. This empire will not go quietly into the night.

PEACE

I can't imagine why you are fantasizing about our psychopathic leaders getting us into an unnecessary nuclear war.

But don't expect me to join you in those fantasies.

Personally I think that would be about the stupidest thing imaginable.

It's one of the reasons I detest Putin----I truly wish Putin and his cretinous syncophants in Russia would turn on their brains and stop threatening nuclear war.

Biden is hopelessly senile but at least he still has enough brain cells left not to threaten nuclear war, unlike that utter moron Putin.

I truly wish Putin and his cretinous syncophants in Russia would turn on their brains and stop threatening nuclear war

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 28 Feb 2024, 02:02:49

Ukraine shoots down 10 Russian military jets in 10 days....9 fighter bombers and another aerial reconnaissance plane

10-shot-down-jets-in-10-days-russias-aerial-surge-in-ukraine-is-getting-more-of-its-pilots-killed

So how is Ukraine shooting down all these modern Russia jets?

Originally it was suspected that Ukraine was using the Patriot anti-missile systems to shoot down Russian jets, but some of the kills are happening ca. 150 miles INSIDE RUssia---too far for the Patriot systems.

The latest idea is that Ukraine is using old Soviet S-200 anti-aircraft missiles retrofitted with modern electronics and modern guidance and targeting technology.

If this is how Ukriane is doing it, then expect many more Russian jets to get shot down because Ukraine has hundreds of these old S-200 missiles, and Poland is supplying them with hundreds more.

Ukraine is reportedly using old Soviet S-200 anti-aircraft missiles retrofitted with modern electronics and targeting technology to knock down Russian jet after Russian jet. And Ukriane has HUNDREDS of these old S-200 missiles in its stockpiles.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby ralfy » Wed 28 Feb 2024, 17:00:18

"The Spy War: How the CIA Secretly Helps Ukraine Fight Putin"

https://news.yahoo.com/spy-war-cia-secr ... 54832.html
ralfy
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby yellowcanoe » Wed 28 Feb 2024, 19:04:26

Over 210,000 Ukrainians came to Canada on temporary visas after the war started. The vast majority of them don't want to return home. Another 726,000 Ukrainians were approved to come to Canada but have not arrived. Rather sad that so many are willing to abandon their home country.
"new housing construction" is spelled h-a-b-i-t-a-t d-e-s-t-r-u-c-t-i-o-n.
yellowcanoe
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby theluckycountry » Thu 29 Feb 2024, 12:07:36

yellowcanoe wrote:Rather sad that so many are willing to abandon their home country.

But not unexpected considering the history of the ukraine region. The name means "borderlands" and that's all it's ever been. A region that grows and shrinks at the whim of the Poles or the Russians. Now that it's the US corporate front line in their efforts to takeover Russia's natural resources it's once again getting hacked up. Soon it will forgotten by the West, just another Vietnam. Another lost cause, another Afghanistan.

The US debt, exacerbated by military overstretch is what will kill the empire and put an end to all this. It's clearly in the death throes of that process now. The feckless europeans, still dreaming dreams of their past empire's glory have made a last ditch deal with the devil to try and secure their future. Energy, that's what they want more than anything else and Russia is one of the keys to it. They should have sided with Russia over the ukraine and they would be enjoying cheap flows of gas and oil but they are too in bed with the old empire for that I am afraid.

They too are controlled by the multinational corporations that pull the strings in the US. The old Empire, and unfortunately, very few living in the old empire can see it's demise. The British couldn't even imagine the demise of their global empire, nor the Spanish, nor the Ottoman's. Before them the Eastern Roman Empire ruled through the darkages until they to were overun and destroyed. Always in the end the empire's heart is overrun with outsiders, cheap labor, like the mexicans you see flooding the nation now. Soldiers from conquered nations were hired to do the fighting for the empire. Like you saw in Vietnam and Korea and Afghanistan, Move in and get the local populace to secure the nation. Today in the ukraine it's all hired solders. And what of all the Mexicans serving in the US forces? You think they are Americans? Only on paper. Their heart is for Mexico, just like the majority heart of the Blacks are not for the US empire.

Of course 99% of people will think all this is delusional, but what is delusional is to think a corrupt nation could maintain it's global control for ever. A corrupt depreciating currency, corrupt politicians, sexual perversions on a mass scale. Mass drug abuse. The American way
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Thu 29 Feb 2024, 17:39:29

theluckycountry wrote:Of course 99% of people will think all this is delusional, but what is delusional is to think a corrupt nation could maintain it's global control for ever. A corrupt depreciating currency, corrupt politicians, sexual perversions on a mass scale. Mass drug abuse.

I assume you are talking about your favorite subject......RUSSIA???

You left out Vodka and Piva (beer) and anything else with alcohol in it.

Many Russians have a very very severe drinking problem. The Russian scientists I was working with on my trips to Russia couldn't function without vodka. On several occasions they spent half a day diverting our little scientific expeditions many miles off route to find a Russian store that reportedly had good vodka in it....and those were the scientists. Many regular Russians had much more severe drinking problems and they would drink a n y t h i n g.

On my trips to Russia I have always been amazed to see in city after city there are numerous drunk Russians stumbling around the streets at all hours of the days and night. In the downtown of one city I actually saw Russians drinking rotgut vodka being dispensed from from a huge filthy and rusty 1000 gallon metal tank mounted on the back of an old truck. God knows who brewed that or how it wound up in the giant rusty tank on the back of a truck but the Russians didn't care. All they knew was it had alcohol in it. The Russians would get sloppy drunk but they couldn't stop as long as there was alcohol they would drink more...eventually they'd drink themselves into a stupor and then stumble off to collapse a bit farther down the street.

There is more public drunkeness in Russia then in any other country on earth.

Its estimated that about 500,000 Russians die each year from alchohol related diseases.

Its one of the reasons the life expectancy of Russian men is only 65.1 years.

More vodka!!!

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby mousepad » Fri 01 Mar 2024, 10:24:57

Plantagenet wrote:on my trips to Russia

Is there any place on earth you have not been? Is that all taxpayer money at work? Just to produce papers nobody reads and even less cares about? That is amazing.
mousepad
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby jato0072 » Fri 01 Mar 2024, 13:50:50

To those who still read this thread;

Should NATO go to war with Russia to save Ukraine?

US Defense Secretary issues chilling warning on NATO's looming war with Russia

I don't know how much of this is real, but The Narrative has changed here in the past week. Lots of news talk of troops being sent to Western Ukraine as "peacekeepers" and war with Russia.
"On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."
jato0072
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby theluckycountry » Fri 01 Mar 2024, 18:01:00

The regular US army couldn't fight it's way out of a wet paper bag these days and the european Nato forces are not much better. This is the face of US forces, transgender Space Force Col. Bree Fram demanded everyone use pronouns in their emails as a way to enhance “winning war fighting strategies”. https://www.zerohedge.com/political/tra ... p-win-wars

Imagine having to serve under such a twisted freak.

Video of the freak https://twitter.com/SpencerLndqst/statu ... 0893254985

Sorry plant, I know you're all for exclusivity and gender diversity but some of us just don't agree.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 04 Mar 2024, 01:05:29

theluckycountry wrote: plant, I know you're all for exclusivity and gender diversity......

Actually, you can't know that because its completely untrue.

As so often in your posts you have made up a weird fantasy which bears absolutely no relationship to reality.

On the one hand it's kind of funny that you are always so delusional. But on the other hand, someone who is frequently delusional may have a delusional disorder.

You do have some really strange beliefs, you know. Its not really quite "normal" for someone living in Australia to idolize Putin and applaud his mass murders.

Have you ever talked to a health care professional there in Australia about your Putin obsession and your other fantasies and delusions?

I suggest in a friendly way that it might be good idea for you to schedule an appointment and talk to someone in the healthcare system there about your beliefs......Perhaps they can help you understand why you have an obsessive ideation to idolize Putin, even though he has absolutely nothing to do with you or your life there in Australia.

Good Luck.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby mousepad » Mon 04 Mar 2024, 09:10:49

Plantagenet wrote: Putin, even though he has absolutely nothing to do with you or your life

Exactly. That's why I'm so pissed that once again me (US tax payer) is paying for shit halfway around the globe.
Let them lazy europeans sort this one out.
mousepad
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby theluckycountry » Mon 04 Mar 2024, 11:08:35

Plantagenet wrote:
You do have some really strange beliefs, you know. Its not really quite "normal" for someone living in Australia to idolize Putin and applaud his mass murders.

Idolize? You see, that's your liberal snowflake thinking coming out. Anyone who disagrees with you you have to try and shout down, anyone who is against Biden's policies is a Red heretic. I simply point out that Russia, currently led by putin, is kicking your arse all over the globe in trade deals and diplomacy. The more you shrill about Biden's victories over the evil Russians the more they grow stronger, day by day.

You and all other American's here completely avoid to acknowledge the massive rise of the BRICS alliance. I have brought it up several times and no ones dare comment, why? Because you have enough common sense to know it's the end for you, the death of the US empire. So keep bleeting on about putin's murderous ways, it's just a TV distraction and you have fallen for it hook line and sinker.

No one knows with certainty how many people have been killed and wounded in Iraq since the 2003 United States invasion. However, we know that between 280,771-315,190 have died from direct war related violence caused by the U.S., its allies, the Iraqi military and police, and opposition forces from the time of the invasion through March 2023. The violent deaths of Iraqi civilians have occurred through aerial bombing, shelling, gunshots, suicide attacks, and fires started by bombing. Many civilians have also been injured.
https://watson.brown.edu/costsofwar/cos ... ians/iraqi

Yes, your hands are just as red as putin's, but like Afghanistan, you just pretend it never happened. That's the real mental sickness on this Planet. A whole nation living on Cheetos and denial.

Every word of Biden is pure, he is a shield to all who put their trust in him. Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee.
Proverbs 30:5 (modern American version)
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

PreviousNext

Return to Europe Discussion