Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Russia/Ukraine Crisis Pt. 19

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Russia/Ukraine Crisis Pt. 19

Unread postby AgentR11 » Mon 04 Mar 2024, 13:01:26

jato0072 wrote:I don't know how much of this is real, but The Narrative has changed here in the past week. Lots of news talk of troops being sent to Western Ukraine as "peacekeepers" and war with Russia.

It is the sole path to victory. Warm, able bodied soldiers, on the lines, shooting at other able bodied soldiers trying to cross them.

I am completely sick of seeing little one off clips of tactical wins in some irrelevant spheres, all the while the lines keep moving West.
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Tue 05 Mar 2024, 18:31:25

Ukraine's brave little sea drones just sunk another ship from the Russian Black Sea Fleet

kraine-overnight-sea-drone-attack-sinks-another-russian-ship-black-sea

I'm amazed the Russians keep sending navy ships out for the Ukrainains to sink.

The Russian naval command must be really stupid to lose ship after ship to a little tiny country like Ukraine that doesn't even have a navy. You'd think at some point the Russians would figure out that their ships are at risk from the Ukrianian sea drone technology and they would just hide them back in port until the mighty Russian army rolls right into Kyiv on the cool Chinese golf carts they are now using to make their assaults on the battlefield.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby careinke » Tue 05 Mar 2024, 21:04:08

Plantagenet wrote:Ukraine's brave little sea drones just sunk another ship from the Russian Black Sea Fleet

kraine-overnight-sea-drone-attack-sinks-another-russian-ship-black-sea

I'm amazed the Russians keep sending navy ships out for the Ukrainains to sink.

The Russian naval command must be really stupid to lose ship after ship to a little tiny country like Ukraine that doesn't even have a navy. You'd think at some point the Russians would figure out that their ships are at risk from the Ukrianian sea drone technology and they would just hide them back in port until the mighty Russian army rolls right into Kyiv on the cool Chinese golf carts they are now using to make their assaults on the battlefield.

Cheers!

Warfare has completely changed over the last 10 Years. The large nation states are having to completely rework their strategies. I'd bet my Air Command and Staff College have some great ideas coming out now.

I find it amusing the Germans are upset RT released a conversation from their military talking about bombing Russia. Like espionage hasn't been around since Tsun Zu. Like ALL nation states, spying is essential for a successful state regardless of political leanings. Heck, I made a pretty fun career out of it. :)

Peace
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby theluckycountry » Tue 05 Mar 2024, 22:05:56

The turmoil of war seems to be good for business in Russia, aside from making a killing on energy exports they have just made it to 4th place as a food exporter with revenues of $43 Billion. Meanwhile food and energy inflation in the West is going through the roof!

"The volume increased 30-fold - not just some percentage, but export revenues increased 30 times," the president said. "We have become the fourth country in the world in terms of exports of agricultural products, and the first country in the world in terms of wheat. Revenues from selling products on foreign markets amounted to <...> $43.5 bln," he said.
https://tass.com/economy/1755983

Check the video from a russian supermarket, beef chicken all a lot cheaper but the vegies! 20-30 cents a kilo for potatoes, we pay $3 down here. 60 cents a kilo of tangerines! $3.30 for 5kg of white sugar! 16 cents for a bagette, 60 cents a loaf of bread https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTg7PipyOIA
Food for thought...

I thought America was the bread basket?

America's wheat fields have become so plagued by drought that farmers are now poised to abandon crops at the highest rate in more than a century. Producers are expected to harvest about 67% of their planted acres, the US Department of Agriculture said Friday.12 May 2023
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... s-us-crops

Meanwhile in the West

BTW, these freaks are banned in Russia. Even homosexuality is illegal. The good old days.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby careinke » Tue 05 Mar 2024, 22:26:28

Our dry farmed winter wheat lands in Eastern Oregon will have no problem with draught this year. However, the price is ridiculously low so far. We could get a record crop and a crop insurance payment. 8O

Peace
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby theluckycountry » Sat 09 Mar 2024, 09:15:39

Because when all you have are aging Nazi's
brave little Zelensky Appoints Fired Defense Chief As New Ambassador To UK

Diplomacy at it's best.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sat 09 Mar 2024, 15:15:11

News Reports say Russia has closed the Kerch bridge......again.

And Ukraine has released this great new propaganda video on Youtube.....its much better then the Russia propaganda videos.

if the war between Russia and Ukraine was being fought only on Youtube Ukriane would have achieved total victory by now.

pro-Ukrainian propaganda video

Ukriane has achieved another great victory over Russia on YouTube.

Cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby theluckycountry » Sat 09 Mar 2024, 19:01:23

Oh I loved it Plant, especially the F-35 jets, where did the videographer get that footage from I wonder? The Russians are building a railway line to Mariupol? They should have left that bit out, they are struggling to even hold the line while the Russian liberators are causally building a rail link in, probably for future tourism or to export all the wheat they will take. :lol: :lol:

In other news:
Pope believes Kiev should start negotiations without considering it disgraceful

I agree your eminence. Then they can open the borders to 'Asian' refugees and repopulate

après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby careinke » Sun 10 Mar 2024, 05:40:40

Plant, you outdid yourself. In addition to Lucky's astute observations, I have a few more of my own:

In the beginning of the show there was video of US soldiers working directly in combat operations with Ukrainian Soldiers. Obviously that is not true because Brandon said in his SOTUS we had NO Soldiers in Ukraine. Also some of the aerials of the landscape (the dry ones) look remarkably like Lawton Oklahoma. :shock: Of course the whole film has a tag on the bottom saying it's not real. :)

I wasn't surprised to hear the bragging about murdering the political opponents for an upcoming election in Crimea. Afterall, this seems to be the new Ukrainian way, put your political opponents in jail or better yet just kill them. They learned well from their US mentors.

I was a little surprised (NOT), they didn't have pictures of the British Special forces who attacked the bridge. 8O 8O

Bitcoin = Peace
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sun 10 Mar 2024, 18:02:27

careinke wrote:Plant, you outdid yourself.

Thank you. It was a very amusing video, wasn't it?

careinke wrote:In the beginning of the show there was video of US soldiers working directly in combat operations with Ukrainian Soldiers. Obviously that is not true

Of course not. The whole video wasn't true.

careinke wrote:
the whole film has a tag on the bottom saying it's not real.

Of course....thats what I've been telling you. I'm glad you got the joke.

careinke wrote:
Bitcoin = Peace

Congrats on your Bitcoin investment.

I'm glad to see you are doing so well.

As for me, I've got a boatload of Nvidia shares that I bought in 2020 during the pandemic stock market panic which split four for one a couple of years ago and are now up ca. 1200%.....but I almost wish I had bought Bitcoin instead. With a stock like Nvidia, I have to watch the stock market constantly and read every friggin article to keep with the news and understand what is going on, since any hint of bad news can cause a stock to sell off dramatically. In contrast, Bitcoin owners like yourself don't have to worry about things like new product releases or return on investment or profitability or PE ratios or year over year growth rates or much of anything at all, since Bitcoin doesn't actually have any product or any sales or any data at all to keep track of except the sale price....which has mainly been going up recently for Bitcoin.

Bitcoin vs. Nvidia

Good luck and CHEERS!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Plantagenet » Tue 12 Mar 2024, 16:55:42

Ukrainian drones score a triple hit on Russian oil infrastructure, causing explosions and fires at two different oil refineries and a third large oil storage site.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/ukraine-launches-drones-oryol-fuel-facility-explosions-russia-says-2024-03-12/

Major damage was reportedly done to the huge Oryol refinery which produces about 10% of Russia's domestic gasoline supply.

Personally, I don't think this is a big problem for Russia because as their domestic oil infrastrucutre gets destroyed they can just switch to importing gasoline from North Korea.

Significant parts of Russia's Oriole oil refinery were just blown up by long distance Ukrainian drones, but Russia isn't worried. As more and more of Russia's domestic oil infrastructure gets destroyed they can just switch to importing gasoline from North Korea.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 13 Mar 2024, 18:06:23

A SECOND day of Ukrianian attacks on Russian oil refineries.....today long distance drones from Ukraine heavily damaged an oil refinery near Moscow

ukraine-russia-war-drone-strikes-oil-facilities-for-second-day

The Ukrainians released a statement saying their goal is to hit Russia's oil infrastructure and degrade Russia's economy.

The Russians, on their side, don't seem to understand what is happening to their oil refineries. They released a statement saying they'd shot down all Ukrainian drones, which doesn't make any sense since the refinery near Moscow was clearly hit in the drone attack and it took hours to put out the fire.. And even more confusing, Putin released a totally idiotic statement saying the Ukrianians were trying to disrupt the Russian election, somehow missing the fact that the Ukrainians said they were blowing up Russian refineries to degrade Russia's economy.....I guess Putin doesn't know that so far there hasn't been a single Ukrainians attack on those Russian ballot boxes pre-stuffed with phony Putin ballots.

Personally, I am surprised the Russian air defense system is proving to be so bad that the Ukrainians can hit refinery after refinery with their little tiny toy drones. You'd think at some point the Russians would figure out what Ukriane is doing and they would try to stop it.

So why is the Russian air defense system so bad at protecting refineries?

I've seen a report saying this is all Putin's fault. Evidently Putin is so terrified of Ukrainian drones that he has shifted all the Russian air defense systems to surround all his palatial dachas scattered all over Russia, so that there isn't any air defense left for the refineries. And who would dare disagree with Putin....if Putin says that it is more important to protect all of Putin's palaces and dachas rather then the oil refineries that power the Russian economy who is left in the Russian government brave enough to tell Putin he is wrong?

More than 10% of Russian domestic oil production is now off-line after two days of Ukrainians attacks----but on the bright side the Russian air defense units have completed their move and they are now in position and ready to act if the Ukrainains attack any of Putin's personal palaces and dachas

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby theluckycountry » Wed 13 Mar 2024, 20:02:05

Kiev loses 245 troops in Donetsk area over past day, Russia’s top brass reports

The Ukrainian military lost 7 tanks
7 US-made Bradley infantry fighting vehicles,
2 armored personnel carriers,
4 motor vehicles,
an M777 howitzer,
2 D-20 howitzers, a
D-30 howitzer, a
Gvozdika motorized artillery system and a
Nona self-propelled artillery gun

https://tass.com/politics/1758895

You don't win ground wars with drones, you win them with ground forces.

Russia is just playing with the ukraine now, it's suits mother Russia's goals

après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby theluckycountry » Fri 15 Mar 2024, 19:59:31

There have been repeat significant cross-border ground and shelling attacks from Ukraine in the past 48 hours. Russia's defense ministry (MoD) announced Friday morning that it "repelled" the latest major attempted incursion in the Belgorod region on the border.

The MoD claimed its forces, including border security services, took out some 50 invaders in the assault. Russian media summarized of the military's statements: "The team was then targeted by Russian artillery and military aviation. The territory through which other Ukrainian troops could reach Kozinka to prop up the advance force was remotely mined."

The statement continued, "The Ukrainians were then forced out of the village, with survivors running into the freshly placed minefield and getting killed, according to the statement. An attempted evacuation was stopped by rocket artillery."
https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ ... -civilians

Those mines, no doubt the Zemledeliye system, are a real game changer. They can be controlled remotely and used as booby traps against retreating forces. And of course can be detonated remotely meaning that when the job is done repelling the ukrainian invaders they can blow them up so there is no ongoing threat to farmers and civilians. It's about time someone invented a humane mine.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby careinke » Sat 16 Mar 2024, 01:45:58

Thanks to the U.S., only 10% of oil sales today are made with the U.S. Dollar. So long Petrodollar, it was nice while it lasted.

Peace
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby jato0072 » Sat 16 Mar 2024, 16:17:28

That is interesting careinke. Do you have a source?

What was the percentage say 5 or 10 years ago? How fast did it drop?
"On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."
jato0072
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby theluckycountry » Sat 16 Mar 2024, 22:11:59

careinke wrote:Thanks to the U.S., only 10% of oil sales today are made with the U.S. Dollar. So long Petrodollar, it was nice while it lasted.

Peace

Probably the wrong thread for this post inke, but that's ok. Only 10% you say. Well I guess China and Russia are out of the loop but I thought the Euro zone and the US, Aust, Canada etc would have made up a decent fraction. Is India buying in rubles now? Africa? They are all in the BRICS so it would make sense.
By all means, please elaborate.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sat 16 Mar 2024, 23:56:22

Today there were Ukrainian drone attacks on two more Russian oil refineries.

russian-oil-refiners-under-drone-attack

The Ukrainian plan to blow up Russian oil refineries in order to crash the Russian economy looks like a big success so far.

Putin's decision to shift Russian air defense systems away from oil refineries is turning out to be a huge mistake.....seemingly every day Ukrainian drone attacks blow up 1=2 more Russian oil refineries.

I've seen a map showing how much of Russia's oil infrastructure lies within range of the Ukrainian drones, and it's already well over half of all Russian oil refining capacity. AND Ukraine is developing new drones which soon will be able to reach across the Urals and in Siberia to target the Russian oil infrastructure there.

The loss of domestic gasoline production will be devastating for the Russian economy. Food won't get delivered to store, farms won't have fuel to plant or harvest crops, and factories will close when they can't get materials needed for production. AND, when Russian cars and trucks can't get gas, Russian tanks and ships and military planes won't be able to get gasoline either. That will be a win-win-win for Ukraine.

Putin decided not to defend Russian refineries from Ukrianian drone attacks, so they are all going KA-BOOM!!! If this keeps up, it won't be long until Russian gas stations will have to ration gasoline

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby theluckycountry » Sun 17 Mar 2024, 09:30:55

While there is a lot of pushback among NATO countries the gutless French are very bellicose about sending the troops to fight Russia. I have always believed that WWIII would be a nuclear war and with China and Russia both aligned against the West and the USA in particular, and with Both having a more modern combined nuclear stockpile than the US, I think this might be the time.

It all fits with the 4th turning cycle. Personally I wouldn't want to be living there these days. Not that the average american feels that way, they have been desensitized by the cold war, the Cuban crisis, they basically can't see the danger. Both Russia and China have been conducting Nuclear drills in the past few years and both have extensive underground shelter networks for a large fraction of their populations. America has none. Very disconcerting...

I'm not trying to be alarmist here, just a word to the wise so to speak. I think we all know it's coming, so have a plan B.

Russia has been repairing and upgrading thousands of Soviet-era bomb shelters over the past year, ever since it invaded Ukraine https://www.businessinsider.com/russia- ... ort-2023-2

The Pentagon for the first time disclosed new details of underground nuclear and weapons facilities that are being expanded as part of China‘s large-scale military buildup, according to the annual U.S. military power report. China “has thousands of [underground facilities] and constructs more each year. https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... d-nuclear/

Nuclear war in the US would wipe out 300 MILLION: New models reveal
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech ... eaths.html

après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Tanada » Sun 17 Mar 2024, 15:41:53

theluckycountry wrote:While there is a lot of pushback among NATO countries the gutless French are very bellicose about sending the troops to fight Russia. I have always believed that WWIII would be a nuclear war and with China and Russia both aligned against the West and the USA in particular, and with Both having a more modern combined nuclear stockpile than the US, I think this might be the time.

It all fits with the 4th turning cycle. Personally I wouldn't want to be living there these days. Not that the average american feels that way, they have been desensitized by the cold war, the Cuban crisis, they basically can't see the danger. Both Russia and China have been conducting Nuclear drills in the past few years and both have extensive underground shelter networks for a large fraction of their populations. America has none. Very disconcerting...

I'm not trying to be alarmist here, just a word to the wise so to speak. I think we all know it's coming, so have a plan B.

Russia has been repairing and upgrading thousands of Soviet-era bomb shelters over the past year, ever since it invaded Ukraine https://www.businessinsider.com/russia- ... ort-2023-2

The Pentagon for the first time disclosed new details of underground nuclear and weapons facilities that are being expanded as part of China‘s large-scale military buildup, according to the annual U.S. military power report. China “has thousands of [underground facilities] and constructs more each year. https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... d-nuclear/

Nuclear war in the US would wipe out 300 MILLION: New models reveal
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech ... eaths.html

The good news, if you can call it that, is hunkering down for 21 days reduces exposure rates by 98 percent because the bad stuff is all very short lived.

The bad news is most folks do not have a basement and 21 days of stored food and water to hunker down with, however water is the controlling limit as the average American could actually fast for 60 days without much health risk due to the obesity rates. I fasted for 67 days when I was 19 and for many shorter periods since then, after day 4 or 5 you lose the hunger pins because your body switches to fasting mode which for our ancestors was quite a common occurrence. If you are smart you ease back into eating at the end of the fast and you stay close to a toilet because the body initially reacts with explosive liquid waste as the digestive track goes back into action.

The worst news is if you have stored food and your neighbors know or suspect they will show up looking for it out of desperation, and if you make it through the 21 days unscathed there will be many neighbors in need of burial because they were not prepared and did go out looking for food not understanding that fasting is a much safer option than exposure to the initial period of fallout. Radiation is not magic death kooties, treat it like any other danger in your life, follow realistic safety measures and it can not harm you because it can not reach you. Millions of humans are radiation workers today, they live perfectly normal lives with no increase risks compared to other people of the same socio-economic class and lifestyle.
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Europe Discussion