Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Russia/Ukraine Crisis Pt. 19

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Russia/Ukraine Crisis Pt. 19

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sat 30 Mar 2024, 02:28:08

Newfie wrote:Another very interesting analysis by Neils Puck Anders, this time on the ISIS attack and how the info space is playing out.

About 8 minutes.

https://youtu.be/xovjFeP2kEQ?si=eMTpEMG5EPL5NO_s

Back in 2021 when Biden handed Afghanistan over to the Taliban he claimed that the US would be still monitor Afghanistan from "over the horizon" and would be able to stop terrorist groups like ISIS from re-establishing themselves in Afghanistan and carry out terror attacks.

Clearly Biden lied----ISIS has clearly re-established themselves in Afghanistan and ISIS is once again carrying out large terror attacks in other countries.

And while this first ISIS attack hit Russia, I wouldn't be surprised if ISIS carries out other attacks on Europe and the USA in the future.
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby theluckycountry » Sat 30 Mar 2024, 07:41:06

The US abandoned Afghanistan due to military overstretch. That and the fact that their military is not as 'efficient' as it once was. They are ok when it comes to hi-tech standoff attack against undeveloped nations but not when it comes to boots on the ground warfare. Especially where guerilla tactics are employed against them.

DOD Addresses Recruiting Shortfall Challenges
Dec. 13, 2023 | By David Vergun , DOD News |

The Defense Department's acting undersecretary for personnel and readiness and senior manpower officials today testified about shortfalls in Army, Navy and Air Force recruiting in the fiscal year that ended in September at a hearing of the House Armed Services Military Personnel Subcommittee.

Ashish Vazirani said that during fiscal year 2023, the military services collectively missed recruiting goals by about 41,000 recruits.
https://www.defense.gov/News/News-Stori ... hallenges/

Ashish Vazirani? The US military is composed of migrants and W*#s. Reminds me of the Roman Legions that began to rely on units composed of foreigners. Leading up to it's collapse...

They don't really look up to the job do they? But perhaps everyone over there looks rollypolly

A different Navy, new recruits.

And the Army. Not big, but very capable. World renown actually

après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby mousepad » Sat 30 Mar 2024, 07:59:10

Plantagenet wrote: I wouldn't be surprised if ISIS carries out other attacks on Europe and the USA in the future.

As sad as it is, I hope you're right. Maybe those attacks will finally wake up europe to the menace they keep importing. And maybe, just maybe the reality about the cult of peace will sink in even with libtards in europe and they finally starts to say no.
A long stretch, I know, but that's the only hope I have left that my beloved europe can be saved.

Because a nation as dumb as to import the cult of peace deserves no less than the peace it imports.
mousepad
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Newfie » Sat 30 Mar 2024, 20:16:52

Preston Steward does a good review of IS Here. More interesting and complicated than you would think.

Stewart is very level headed. About 20 minutes

https://www.popularmechanics.com/scienc ... explained/
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby theluckycountry » Sat 30 Mar 2024, 20:28:29

Ukraine may lose Odessa and access to Black Sea if it refuses to negotiate — Musk
"It was a tragic waste of life for Ukraine to attack a larger army that had defense in depth, minefields and stronger artillery," american entrepreneur said

Well there goes half of the American voters, Musk and Trump and that News guy that went over to X are all worshiped. I Assume Musk is controlled opposition, willingly controlled, like Gates was/is. "Do as we say and you'll be rich beyond your dreams, and be protected" So he's paving the way for a US back-down on the ukrainian gig. A backdown that's already underway.

The Military industrial complex has made good profits there, they won't complain. Where are they going next for profits though, or are they positioning for the big one?
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby theluckycountry » Sat 30 Mar 2024, 20:32:40

après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby careinke » Sat 30 Mar 2024, 21:03:03

theluckycountry wrote:Ukraine may lose Odessa and access to Black Sea if it refuses to negotiate — Musk
"It was a tragic waste of life for Ukraine to attack a larger army that had defense in depth, minefields and stronger artillery," american entrepreneur said

Well there goes half of the American voters, Musk and Trump and that News guy that went over to X are all worshiped. I Assume Musk is controlled opposition, willingly controlled, like Gates was/is. "Do as we say and you'll be rich beyond your dreams, and be protected" So he's paving the way for a US back-down on the ukrainian gig. A backdown that's already underway.

The Military industrial complex has made good profits there, they won't complain. Where are they going next for profits though, or are they positioning for the big one?

You have become quite the conspiracy guru. I'm proud of you. LOL

Peace
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby ralfy » Sat 30 Mar 2024, 21:52:23

Musk said that he voted for Obama, H. Clinton, and Biden, but is now critical of the Democratic Party. Meanwhile, he talked to Netanyahu and hired Yaccarino, who worked with the WEF and the advertising industry, as CEO. Finally, he let Trump and Kathy Griffin back in to X but not Alex Jones until recently.

He's similar to Trump, who worked with the Democratic Party for years, funded the campaigns of politicians like Kamala Harris, was a good friend of the Clintons and donated to their foundation, inherited from his father who became rich thanks to government contracts for cheap housing, and gained from provisions benefiting the rich from his, Obama's, and Dubya's admins.

What about Biden? Putin said that he prefers him over Trump because Biden is old-school and thus predictable. That means he's a crocodile politician who calls for war, intervention, etc., while letting relatives make deals with various foreign businessmen working with political counterparts in China, Ukraine, and elsewhere.
ralfy
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby careinke » Sat 30 Mar 2024, 23:11:04

ralfy wrote:Musk said that he voted for Obama, H. Clinton, and Biden, but is now critical of the Democratic Party. Meanwhile, he talked to Netanyahu and hired Yaccarino, who worked with the WEF and the advertising industry, as CEO. Finally, he let Trump and Kathy Griffin back in to X but not Alex Jones until recently.

He's similar to Trump, who worked with the Democratic Party for years, funded the campaigns of politicians like Kamala Harris, was a good friend of the Clintons and donated to their foundation, inherited from his father who became rich thanks to government contracts for cheap housing, and gained from provisions benefiting the rich from his, Obama's, and Dubya's admins.

What about Biden? Putin said that he prefers him over Trump because Biden is old-school and thus predictable. That means he's a crocodile politician who calls for war, intervention, etc., while letting relatives make deals with various foreign businessmen working with political counterparts in China, Ukraine, and elsewhere.

This is why I'm voting for Kennedy, he is the Remedy. Besides he tells great stories. I know his voice sounds annoying, but it runs in the family, his Grandmother also had it.

Peace
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby theluckycountry » Sun 31 Mar 2024, 02:56:27

ralfy wrote:What about Biden? Putin said that he prefers him over Trump because Biden is old-school and thus predictable. That means he's a crocodile politician who calls for war, intervention, etc., while letting relatives make deals with various foreign businessmen working with political counterparts in China, Ukraine, and elsewhere.

In other words he can be bought cheaply. It's all a reality TV show and I believe a majority of Americans know it. A podcaster once said that the American people don't have a problem with a rich elite, they just all aspire to be one of them.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby theluckycountry » Sun 31 Mar 2024, 03:00:03

careinke wrote:This is why I'm voting for Kennedy, he is the Remedy. Besides he tells great stories.

Peace

Quite right. It doesn't matter that the ship's sinking, it still needs a Captain and crew to maintain order. Like the Titanic, there are only so many life rafts and the right people need to secure their seats.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Sun 31 Mar 2024, 11:41:29

One better, got my own life boat.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby theluckycountry » Sun 31 Mar 2024, 23:07:57

Newfie wrote:One better, got my own life boat.

That's the secret to this mess. We can chatter all day about right and wrong but only if we can keep our heads above water ourselves.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby ralfy » Mon 01 Apr 2024, 00:51:36

careinke wrote:This is why I'm voting for Kennedy, he is the Remedy. Besides he tells great stories. I know his voice sounds annoying, but it runs in the family, his Grandmother also had it.

Peace

Also reminds me of Musk and others, e.g., criticizes the War Machine for arming Ukraine but is forced to support the same to arm Israel. Meanwhile, the running mate is like Trump, who for many years supported Democrats.
ralfy
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Tue 02 Apr 2024, 14:25:59

Ukrainian long distance drones attack another huge refinery in Russia

ukrainian-drones-hit-russias-third-largest-oil-refinery

The Biden people have been saying they don't want Ukraine to blow up any more Russian refineries because it might cause global oil prices to go up, but apparently the Ukrainians feel they can just ignore whatever Biden says in the same way the Israelis ignore what Biden says.

The Russians are saying the Ukrainian attack didn't do much damage at the refinery....but then the Russians always say things like that and almost always turn out to be lying.

The big news here is that the Ukrianians are still attacking and hitting Russian refineries with their long range drones, and the Russians still don't seem to be able to stop them.

The big news here is that the Ukrainians are still attacking and hitting Russian refineries with their long range drones, and the Russians still don't seem to be able to stop them. A large number of Russia's oil refineries west of the Urals may be at risk....

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Newfie » Tue 02 Apr 2024, 15:03:49

An analyst I heard speculated that these were short range shoulder launched munitions, highly accurate.

The reasoning is that there are very many Ukranians who can pass as Russian and that the explosions are relatively small but hit the distillation towers where they do max damage to the plants production and are hard to repair.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Plantagenet » Tue 02 Apr 2024, 15:26:45

Newfie wrote:An analyst I heard speculated that these were short range shoulder launched munitions, highly accurate.

The reasoning is that there are very many Ukranians who can pass as Russian and that the explosions are relatively small but hit the distillation towers where they do max damage to the plants production and are hard to repair.

I guess thats possible. And I don't doubt there are Ukrainians and also native Russian resistance fighters inside Russia who might do that sort of thing.

But both Ukrainian and Russian government officials and media and local witnesses say these attacks are being carried out by newly developed long distance Ukrainian drones.

And the Ukrainians are making huge efforts to manufacture more and more drones to carry out these attacks. They've even developed a kind of primative AI for the drones that allows them to carry out attacks independently so they can operate and go on attacks entirely on their own even when the Russians try to disrupt communications to the drones.

ukrainian-drones-disrupting-russian-energy-industry-

PS: Great to hear from you, Newfie. I hope you're betting ready for another great sailing season down to some Caribean paradise. Have a fantastic time.

PPS: I'm sure you've seen the predictions that the Atlantic Ocean is very warm and this could lead to a major hurricane season. Have a fantastic time but be careful.

PPS: Personally I'm about to leave on a big trip to Samarkand in central Asia to see the Tomb of the great Khan. This may be very bad timing as I have to travel through Turkey and then overfly Iran to get there.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Newfie » Tue 02 Apr 2024, 18:13:50

Plant,

Tanks for the personal comments. Actually we are getting ready to end this season in the Eastern Caribbean. Leaving Dominica Thursday, a short stop on Guadeloupe, then to Antigua where we will put the boat up. We lay the boat up over hurricane season. We can South just after the last 2 really bad storms, that concienced us we want NO part of them. Summer will be in Newfoundland, as usual.

I thought this below story could go in a few places but here seemed most appropriate.

Russia shutting down its new LNG facility as it can not get tankers due sanctions.

https://gcaptain.com/russias-sanctioned ... urces-say/

Elsewhere a news source was pointing to China looking to take back an Eastern Russian providence ceded to Russia in 1860. This has been a long standing threat. There are some border providence that Russia has not been able to populate. So the land, historically Chinese, has been leased to Chinese farmers. Xi has made the repatriation of lost lands (e.g. Tiawain) a talking point. Here he could accomplish it pretty easily.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby theluckycountry » Tue 02 Apr 2024, 19:06:11

Plantagenet wrote:Ukrainian long distance drones attack another huge refinery in Russia

The Biden people have been saying they don't want Ukraine to blow up any more Russian refineries because it might cause global oil prices to go up, but apparently the Ukrainians feel they can just ignore whatever Biden says in the same way the Israelis ignore what Biden says.

Cheers!

Well thank you plant, you've dropped the hyperbole and are reporting the facts accurately now. It makes a big difference when the emotion is removed. Yes this war, which wasn't a war to begin with but now clearly is does not seem to have any resolution in sight. Interestingly the people in the ukraine calling the shots all have homes and wealth in London or Miami or wherever and are probably not as motivated as the locals when it comes to protecting the cities etc. Many are making a fortune off the conflict, the fog of war.

Perhaps there is a split between the US and the British over how the war should be fought? Perhaps this really will be the trigger for WWIII, certainly the Russians won't back down and if they are overtly attacked by NATO will defend themselves.

Actor Volodymyr Zelensky stormed to the Ukrainian presidency in 2019 on a wave of public anger against the country’s political class, including previous leaders who used secret companies to stash their wealth overseas.

Now, leaked documents prove that Zelensky and his inner circle have had their own network of offshore companies. Two belonging to the president’s partners were used to buy expensive property in London.
https://www.occrp.org/en/the-pandora-pa ... ner-circle

après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Wed 03 Apr 2024, 11:22:54

Plant,

You may want to cast eyes over this other story about China.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Editor-s-Picks/ ... nto-Russia

Xi is facing some hard times and may need to do something to stoke his support base.Taking back these lands would be relatively simple, Putin has pulled the defensive troops to Ukraine.

It would be a whole lot easier than a Tiwain invasion, and would be a strategic stepping stone to have another naval base. By way of justification Xi could say he is concerned of Russian collapse and he wants to secure the region/base so it does not fall into rebellious hands.

When the tables were turned Stalin kept Mao's son as a hostage.

And what would Putin do about it?

Yeah, tons of love and brotherhood.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Europe Discussion